User Reviews for Trintellix to treat Depression

Trintellix Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 191 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Trintellix

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 27, 2020

“The day I took trintellix I feel my throat open up. I felt the effects of it almost immediately. It has changed my life. I have taken other antidepressants and they’re only made me feel so terrible with vomiting and feeling so down. I was hesitant to try anything else yet my amazing doctor who I trust very dearly told me how effective trintellix has been for anxiety although it is commonly used for depression. Changed my life. Highly recommend. Ps. My doctor reassured me that trintellix would be the right drug for me if I had no side effects. That’s why I trusted to try it. If you’re having side effects it’s not the right drug for you and you should commit to trying other meds till you find the right fit. The right fit may take several tries yet I promise and can reassure you, it will change your life for the better. Trust in the process and commit to finding the right fit with the help and surveillance of your doctor. You won’t regret it.”

Kay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 1, 2020

“Started Trintellix in a VERY LOW DOSE.. seemed to help. After 3 months, didn’t seem to help at all. Increased my dose, then the vomiting, weight gain went crazy!! Had to leave work several times because of vomiting!! I am a nurse in a VERY busy emergency department!! Grateful they didn’t fire me! Then the weight gain - up 20 LBS!! They claimed “ no significant effect on weight”.. LYING!!! Never again.. weaned off.. I’ll deal with being sad!”

Lee1209 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

“I started Trintellix 2 months ago for anxiety/depression. I've been on Wellbutrin which helps my mood & can counteract some sexual side effects so I’ve stayed on it but it hasn’t really helped my anxiety. I’ve been on Zoloft, lexapro (horrible experience) and cymbalta, all had side effects I ultimately found unlivable. Honestly, starting trintellix was rough but if you can manage, stick with it! I had pretty bad nauseousness but only threw up once within the first few days of starting, & I started super slow & low. No other side effects and this is the first med that has not affected my sexual function. My anxiety is lessened and I feel hopeful. The daily nausea has gone away although I’ve noticed I’m more prone to motion/car sickness but my doctor gave me zofran for that. So far this Wellbutrin/trintellix combo is the best I’ve found for me. P.S. go through their website to get your Rx card to help with costs it helped my price tremendously”

Lf · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

“I just started two days on this drug. I was told take it with food in the morning to stop nausea. First day my stomach was upset but no vomiting. Today I took it after I ate and within a hour or so I vomited so badly my throat is completely sore. Is this normal? This is such an expensive drug, even with insurance I paid almost $200. I don’t want to discontinue the use just yet but I am not sure I can handle the nausea and vomiting. Anyone else having these same issues?”

asadlife May 27, 2020

“I'm in my early 30's- been dealing with depression for almost 15 years. My former doc prescribed me trintillex. he swore it was a super "clean" med with out side effects. it's been 2+ years taking it (max 20mg) & I had no positive effects. Don't let your doc tell you it won't/rarely causes weight gain. IT DOES, especially if you're a female. It will continue the longer on it/dose increased. Also, awful GI problems- bad nausea or bad constipation. Also only makes anxiety worse especially if you take in the AM- take in PM you can't sleep ^_^ I would stay away from this drug DEFINITELY if you have anxiety, sensitive stomach, prone to weight gain from meds. I'm done off this in 4 days! can't wait”

Jools · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2020

“Hi guys so I was on many different anti depressants and never really got any side effects at all. I like to think I'm very strong minded when it comes to taking antidepressants. But when I started on brintillex literally within 5 minutes of me taking it I was getting sick, for the first time ever I was getting a side effect from a pill. I thought maybe I was just sick the first time I took it but every single time I did within 5 minutes I would be getting sick. This happened in the car we would have to pull over this happened in work. I'm not one to give up on something so I said I was going to keep going and push through I stayed on it for over 3 months and it didn't get much better! Such a waste of time and money it cost me a bomb for a box of it I think 70 euro as I don't have a medical card and there was no generic version! Worst antidepressant ever.”

Nurse75 · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2020

“I have always suffered from anxiety and depression. Having to go to work as a nurse's not knowing what the next day would bring was making my anxiety out of control. I went off Wellbutrin, started low dose of Trintellix. The anxiety was quickly gone, but I feel blah, crying al ot, getting depressed easily. I'm going top try and get back into working out again and see if that helps.”

Kgirl February 25, 2020

“I went on this medication because I have a condition called PGAD (persistent genital arousal disorder). The condition I have is absolutely horrible. I was previously on zoloft for over 10 years 100mg. It starts to flatten out so my doctor also gave me Wellbutrin 150mg in 2016/2017. In May 2019 my PGAD condition occurred (reasons are still unknown). I was then told to go off zoloft due to it's sexual side effects and try something else. My doctor gave me Trintellix 10mg. At first it worked okay. I felt super nauseous for a while. Then later almost every night I waa throwing up an hour after taking Trintellix. I took Trintellix for 8 months with zero relief of the vomiting. I have to take domperidone before my trintellix so I don't puke. My condition sort of got better now it is terrible. I also have anxiety and panic attacks nearly every day and cry very easily. It just isn't the pill for me. It was used for my anxiety and did not work.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 24, 2020

“I was on Cipralex for 5 years for anxiety and depression and my anxiety was better but about depression it was up and down, my dr switched me to trintellix 20 about 6 months ago and I feel my depression is getting better. I feel more happy but it worsened my anxiety ! I don't think this drug helps for anxiety at all !!!”

cali999 February 23, 2020

“Trintellex started working by the end of the second week and continues to. I am happier than I have ever been and so impressed that Trintellex was able to get me through the incredibly difficult last two months, e.g changed jobs, had a project with an impossible deadline, the holidays, etc. I'm on 10mg daily. Side effect-wise I have some sexual dysfunction (loss of libido, difficult to achieve orgasm) but right now it seems worth it to feel this good. I've also lost weight. A new wrinkle as of 2 weeks ago is a tinnitus. I only notice it when its totally quiet which hasn't made sleeping the best so I take Trazadone to help with that which works great. After two months, I'm still feeling great on the Trintellex but the side effects aren't dissipating and I'm wondering how long I will be able to deal with them. Definitely not forever. Will update if things change.”

Blondie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2020

“I started Trintellix at 10mg over 4 weeks ago after being on Prestiq for over a year. I have been going into a deeper depression then I have ever experienced. I have sweats, upset stomach (take in morning with food). My nerves are shot and I don't want to leave my bedroom. I used to be so active in life now I just want to hide. I am going to my doctor today to request being taken of this medication and be put on something else. This medicine has just made my life worse than ever before. If you are deciding on what to go on I would not recommend this product.”

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2020

“Was switched to Trintellix from Citalopram as it interfered with an antibiotic I needed. I have been on it for 3 weeks now. Absolutely horrible! I have never felt this crazy. I feel like I am loosing my mind. Constant panic attacks, sensitivity to even the slightest sounds, lightheaded/dizziness, nausea, suicidal ideations, difficulty breathing. I am suffering from severe mood swings. I stopped taking it tonight. Just can’t do it anymore. I rather have nothing than this.”

Seq2Sea · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 11, 2020

“Worked quickly and effectively for me. I did have some side effects that lasted a week or so each time I upped the dose, but they went away. On 20mg for most of 16 months”

amerzzl February 5, 2020

“Was prescribed this after Cipralex taking away my emotions. I've only been on it for two days, only 2.5 mg, but it's awful. My anxiety is the highest it's ever been, I'm always crying and I can't even do anything. Not going to torture myself with this any longer. Discontinuing tomorrow. Not worth it.”

MSU7794 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2020

“It’s been great. Take 10mg nightly along with 300mg Wellbutrin xl in the morning. Initial stomach problems for about 2 months, but now no problems. Could not tolerate drinking on this medication. No sexual side effects which has been a god send. If your insurance covers it/can afford I recommend.”

JunieBug · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 21, 2020

“Very happy, 90% depression symptom reduction. Only drawback is I’ve gained 10lbs and haven’t been able to get it off yet but I’m mentally I’m the best I’ve been in years so worth the trade off tbh.”

venommist · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2020

“I have update after 13 weeks. So I started Trintellix for MDD/Anxiety/OCD. First 2-3 weeks really fast improvement with my energy and motivation, but after 5 - 6 weeks I had severe headache and cold chills. Took a break for 2-3 days and started again. Motivation again but still "not myself". Couldn't sleep with 10 mg, its really activating, my blood pressure went high, so must cut back to 5 mg, seems its ok, no nausea, less brain fog, better cognition. Keep update next.”

zra · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2020

“I swapped from Cipralex to Trintellix because of the major sexual dysfunction Cipralex caused on me. I've been on 5mg 2 weeks now and after 1,5 weeks I really noticed improvement. At beginning I was feeling nausea all the time and had diarrhea but those went away with time. My erection is a lot better than it used to and I feel the sense in my penis is also getting better. With Cipralex it was just numb and I had no libido. After 2 weeks I highly recommend this drug. My anxiety is a lot better but sleeping is still a bit difficult and I need Zopinox to fall asleep, hoping it'll get better too.”

Olive · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 1, 2020

“I was really hopeful for Trintellix because within the first few days the brain fog cleared up, which is what motivated my prescriber to get me started on it and switch from Prozac. I was actually doing well on Prozac, except the brain fog. I'm also postpartum, which is known for the brain fog/lack of memory. I've noticed from the reviews this medication either works really well, or sends you down a depression spiral. You either lose weight and appetite or you gain it. Unfortunately, I've experienced the latter. I am calling tomorrow to get off it. I am angry, sad, hopeless, really hungry, bloated/gassy, lethargic, snappy, poor concentration, itchy.”

ann · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2019

“Worst drug ever. Do not recommend. Expensive, overpriced, and has barely ANY effect.”

L December 28, 2019

“When I first started trintellix I went the dose increases like I should. Started at 5 mg dose, then 10 mg. No major issues. I noticed the slightest nausea when brushing my teeth, but that was it. I knew to take it on a full stomach so I wouldn’t feel sick. Then it was time to go up to 20 mg. So I did. After a day or so I had strong nausea. So my doctor and I decided to go back to 10 mg as it worked. Few years later and a different doctor, I was feeling more depressed and tried a different drug which didn’t work. So I went back to trintellix. We decided maybe I didn’t have nausea that bad or maybe it was something else. So I switched, started fine on 5 mg and went up to 10 mg with no issues. Went to 15 mg and the depression felt like it was finally under control with only nausea brushing my teeth. Well we decided to go up to 20 mg. And guess what? Nausea. It was so bad today I just had to lay there and take a nap until I felt better. So I guess 15 mg is my sweet spot for this drug.”

Weary December 13, 2019

“Trying a med change after being on Effexor + Lamotrigine for 10 years. I did the very slow weaning off of Effexor and the 2 weeks on 5mg Trintellix to 10mg. The nausea was bad and consistent, though my body is tolerant of just about everything. I experienced some burping also, which is very unusual for me. One day I took 10mg Trintellix with Lamotrigine and only coffee. I have never vomited so violently and for so long. I experienced nausea for about a half hour almost every time I took the med with food. Frequently what followed was a gnawing in my stomach that seemed to cause a strong urge to eat protein foods. I noticed an increase in blunt/abrasive behavior with family and co-workers. My doc urged me to back down to 5mg and push through the negative symptoms. The issues persisted over the next two months and my wife repeatedly asked me to change meds.”

Elle · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 8, 2019

“This medication saved my life. I have tried several other drugs which did not help. Wellbutrin was the worst for me, giving me racing and really dark thoughts. Before taking any meds, I had an insane appetite and would wake up starving no matter how much I ate. (In addition to excessive crying, feeling hopeless, not being able to do simple chores like shower). I went a few years suffering like this because I was in denial that I was depressed. Well fast forward a few years later after trying 3 different drugs at different strengths, and Trintellix is the one for me. I never thought I would sleep through the night again. I sleep so soundly now. My appetite is back to normal. My depressive thoughts have been tamed. I am so grateful for this drug and all it has done to improve my quality of life.”

LaurenZzzzz December 8, 2019

“Short and sweet— miracle drug for me. I have MDD and anxiety with panic attacks. This medication made me feel like myself again and did not cause any significant side effects. I’m pretty drug naive and I’d never been on a psychiatric drug until now. My life has significantly changed for the best. Please try this drug if you struggle with crippling anxiety that feeds your depression. I started off on a really tiny low dose since I’m super sensitive to medication, and any side effects were tolerable and went away within a week. Give this 2 months to work.”

Arizona2019 · Taken for less than 1 month December 6, 2019

“I was RX’d this medication Trintellix for depression. I only took it for four days and it was awful, my side effects were I was angry, agitated and my depression worsened. I cried and sobbed uncontrollably. Discontinued.”