User Reviews for Vilazodone to treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Also known as: Viibryd

Vilazodone has an average rating of 4.5 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. 25% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Vilazodone Rating Summary

4.5/10 average rating

Compare all 40 medications used in the treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Reviews for Vilazodone

Viibryd & Vyvanse · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2012

Viibryd (vilazodone): “I used to take Zoloft for OCD and shortly after, added Vyvanse (similar to Adderall) to the mix. Couldn't handle the sexual side effects and zombie-like feelings of Zoloft. Switched to Lexapro - horrible experience and shortly after was only taking Vyvanse. After two months of intense OCD and anxiety due to Vyvanse, doc put me on Viibryd. I just began the 20mg; the second day was difficult with stomach pains (be sure to take with protein). So far, I've seen an amazing difference and am very satisfied! Have had an increase in sexual drive and have also lost 3 lbs in the past week! The most difficult challenge is watching my alcohol consumption. Hoping things stay positive. ”

Stormi_Knight · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 1, 2018

“I was put on this after doing a genetics test for OCD and anxiety related to PTSD. I had GI issues when I first started but they subsided after a couple of weeks and I don't dare take it on an empty stomach. I went from 10 mg to 40 mg in under 2 weeks. I've been on it a little over a year and I feel so much better on it. I don't get brain zaps or nightmares but I did when I tried venlafaxine. Viibryd is a lifesaver for me.”

qilathe · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 5, 2021

“I have tried a couple different medications for my OCD, and Viibryd helps with no practical side effects, at least is has less side effects than any other medication I have taken for before. I just very mild GI stuff. Was recommended by my doctor based on some research at the time. For me, it is extremely helpful, I cannot put on words how helpful. I take the 20 mg/day dosage.”

Denver&8 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 8, 2021

“I am only taking 10 mg of trade name Viibryd. My side effects are that I have started eating compulsively, major in increase in washing my hands, I have no sex drive, weight gain, nausea. Likely not the best drug for me”

The_Aviator · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 5, 2019

“I started taking Vilazodone Hydrochloride along with Clomipramine 40 and 10 mg respectively. 3 months went very good, followed by 3 -4 months of agitated mood with occasional mild to severe aggression in my personality. Currently I'm on a dose of 80mg Vilazodone and clomipramine was discontinued. Now more than a year with this medicine, I am starting to feel that its effectiveness is waning but my doctor thinks otherwise.”

chandu · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2018

“This does not work when your OCD is very severe. I had tried this when my OCD was very severe and my doc refused to put me on SSRI or tricyclics... There were no noticable side effects except for loose motions and crazy dreams.. but the drug did not help with OCD at all. I almost lost my job sticking to this drug. It can be the second line of treatment, once your OCD stabilizes...”

John · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2019

“Exacerbated my OCD. Do not take this medication if you have OCD. This medication was on my genesite report and only made my OCD worse. Will try to get on Anafranil. Be careful intrusive thoughts went through the roof.”

Jane5663 · Taken for less than 1 month December 6, 2014

“I've had so many unpleasant side effects with this medicine. At 40 mgs this medication made my obsessive compulsive disorder and panic attacks worse. My doctor told me to go back down to 20 mgs. Feel slightly better but OCD is still pretty bad. I know everyone is different but this medication hasn't helped me.”

jtp0628 October 9, 2011

“Stating taking Viibryd for severe OCD sexual thoughts. After 6 weeks of being on 40mg did not notice much of a difference for my intrusive thoughts. Good thing was no sexual side effects like I had with Lexapro. Going back to my doctor to try my third SSRI...maybe Zoloft, Prozac, or Paxil this time.”

Rubywha83? August 11, 2017

“I've decided to try taking it at night, as my first 2 days of going up to 20mg have been awful. Blurry vision is awful as I'm a nurse with a 35-50 minute commute, then the flushing, vivid dreams, and overall malaise. I described it as feeling worse than the worst hangover you've ever had to my husband. I'll update after I switch to bedtime dose, I trust my doctor and pharmacist and they are hopeful.”

Learn more about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder