User Reviews for Vilazodone systemic

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
4.2

Summary of Vilazodone reviews 6.4 651 reviews

Reviews for Vilazodone

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Horrible. Only used I took it for 2 days then stopped. It made me nauseous, anxious , antsy , and I could not sleep what so ever will not be taking again"

B January 13, 2019

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I had high hopes for this medication as it came up in my GeneSight test as one that would be a good fit for me. I started at 5mg and had the most horrific nightmares the first night. I talked to my Dr and she said to continue, but to cut the dosage in half. The nightmares stopped, but the other side effects of nausea, gas, loose stool, sweating and drowsiness started. My depression is much less intense after four days, but I am dizzy and spaced out a bit, especially first thing in the morning. Last night I was so warm I slept in a light blanket with the window cracked and a fan on and it’s December in MI. I also woke several times in the night feeling nauseous even though I take the medication with a very full meal. Initially, I’m so bummed, but maybe things will level out. I’m willing to give up a lot of things to get rid of this depression, but maybe this medication is just too strong for me."

Botero’s_mom December 21, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Viibryd is working great for depression and anxiety! Physically I’m having bad trouble with diarrhea and stomach aches. I’ve only been on it a week so I’m hoping these physical symptoms will diminish. I will put up with these physical symptoms hopefully for a long time because viibryd is so effective . Has anyone experienced this?"

Solo1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I am up to 40mg per day now and something strange is going on. I am feeling waves of electricity zap in my head like mini seizures. I never had a sensation like this before and I have tried many over the past 20 years. I even feel like I might fall down. I even did the genetic testing to see which drugs worked better for specially me. I don't know...but if this is a side effect then how long do I have to endure it?? I think I will go back and try Latuda. It seemed to smooth things out for me. PS. BY THE WAY...YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE THIS WITH FOOD "

Bob December 4, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I have been on viibryd for about 15 days and I came off of wellbutrin (which my doctor had me taper down off of and I had no side effects when doing which was wonderful. I can tell a difference since I have been taking it. I started with 10 mgs then 20 mgs and I got my 1st refill and my insurance wanted to charge me $75 which is way to high to be paying so i used the discount cards my doctor gave me and only paid $10 for it. I feel great just been keeping to myself because I'm a very outspoken person and this has really helped me and i just love it. I think I'll be going up to the 40 mgs next month. Haven't been really hungry either which is a plus. It does curb my appetite. I recommend this to anyone in need for fighting depression there are some side effects that I have had but nothing worth getting worried over."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This drug was horrible for me. After taking prozac for 3 years and building a tolerance to it, I needed a change. So my doctor suggested viibryd, which sounded great. Immediately after starting it, I had horrible stomach aches every single day. After only 3 days on this drug, I spent 2 days uncontrollably vomiting, and having diarrhea for the whole entire next week. My lips would bruise and my arms and legs would get random bruises. I got horrible headaches and my mind always felt foggy. My anxiety seemed worse, and my depression was hardly any better. It took me hours to fall asleep at night, only to wake up repeatedly throughout the night. After about 3 weeks on the drug my doctor agreed to switch. I would not recommend it."

abbyg (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Taking this drug was the equivalent of being unmedicated. My mood declined, anxiety was up. Its the same thing as the last time I cold turkeyed a SSRI and stayed off for 8 weeks, except I was taking an expensive pill."

dpants (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I was on this medication to help with anxiety and depression. Within the first week I went to being very angry, heart racing, and huge mood swings. I wouldn’t recommend this drug. I got off of it right away with my friends and husband would tell me how different I was. I have tried 3 different meds and this one was by far the worst."

Emma (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Didn't notice any benefits after 8 weeks at 20mg. Viibryd did cause me to have anger and rage attacks. I was on Lexapro for 16 years prior to switching to Viibrid. Lexapro used to work wonderfully! Doctor is now switching me to Prozac. "

Dot (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I was on Viibryd 20mg and increased to 40mg 5 months later because I wasn’t feeling better. The biggest mistake I made was to pass off my deepening depression as me just getting worse rather than seeing it as a side effect of the drug. I lived in fear. I was constantly terrified. I was afraid to leave my house, full of anxiety, panic attack after panic attack, unbelievable nightmares, heart palpitations, diarrhea, and brain zaps. Brian zap for me: It would get extremely loud in my head and build up. I would cover my ears and close my eyes. And wait for it to spike and ultimately end. I don’t know how else to describe it. I felt like I was spiralling down into becoming legitimately insane. I was sane enough to know my thoughts were not normal. I remember asking, “Am I going crazy? Could this have anything to do with the medicine?” Please do not take this drug. It is terrifying."

goose3122 November 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "Works."

7890 November 4, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "40 mg For PTSD. I've been on this for about a year along with a mood stabilizer. It relieved my suicidal thoughts and works better than the others that I have tried. Due to it being a newer drug my insurance will not cover as much as the more common ones but coupons can be found online. I've had to change antidepressants every 6 months to a year but this one seems to be working the best without side effects. I can't tell if I forget to take it but the mood can be controlled until I get to the med."

Bozo-Skip (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2018

For Anxiety: "Vilazodone was so effective for my social anxiety at 20 mg dose per day!!!!!"

Nino (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2018

For Depression: "Hello everyone, I've been taking vilazodone e for about 15 days. At first my doctor wanted me to start with 10 mg and head up to 20 mg in about 10 days. I'm very sensitive with medication. No other antidepressants have been effective to me. When I started with the 10 mg, I had some side effects like other antidepressants, mostly anxiety and feeling a little bit worse. So we agreed with my doctor to go down to 5 mg. And see what happens from there on. Well, since I'm so sensitive to medication the 5mg is doing very well. I feel very calm with more energy, no anxiety, and very much in control of myself. It does cause a little insomnia, but that's solved with a 0.25 mg clonazepam at night. For me this is the first antidepressant that has giving me such good results. My doctor told me that if I have to stay with the 5 mg dose and it's good enough for me, there is no problem to continue that way.. very nice to read all the experiences, very helpful thanks to all of you."

Rick (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I take this once a day at night for my severe anxiety. Without Viibryd I have overwhelming dread that makes it difficult for me to get out of bed in the morning, and fear that makes me drive by work many times before having the courage to go in. Had previously tired lorazepam, trazodone, and clonazapam, but they all made me too sleepy to function (trazodone also made me nauseous). Lexapro worked well for me, but it gave me ejaculation disorder. Viibryd works great for me and reduces that one annoying side effect. I do also keep at standing prescription of clonazapam, which I use in extreme anxiety provoking situations, like major presentations, where the immediately noticeable effect outweighs the sleepiness that I will fell a couple hours later."

emzee (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 29, 2018

For Anxiety: "Vilazodone (viibryd) was effective for my social anxiety !"

Vulo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "This medication made me beyond ill, vomiting, dry heaving, feeling faint. Feeling extremely hot. I will never go back to this medication. Worst experience ever."

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: " I’m a man and I could almost cry based on how well this medication has made me. I tried so many meds with no success, I even tried ketamine infusions. I’ve tried antipsychotics too. Nothing was working until Viibryd. I’ve had 100% improvement within 1 week on only 10mg. Amazing! I’m thankful, I’m grateful, and I’m blessed."

Steve55 (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "In the past 15 years. I started on Zoloft, 100 mg to treat post partum for 2 years & weaned off. Then back on Zoloft, 200 mg for another 2 years after brothers suicide, weaned off because of weight gain. Out of nowhere after years of feeling okay depression returns, uncontrollable crying & no motivation to participate in anything. Dr suggested Viibryd. Expensive, with my insurance, $240 a month. Dr gave me coupon so it is only 10 for 30 days supply. Starter pack 10 mg increasing to 20mg after a week. I did have some stomach distress the first week. I take it in the am with food. No weird dreams or other symptoms I’ve read about. Within the first 2 days I did not have the urge to cry & was relieved for that. Energy has improved and I’m feeling more optimistic much more so than what I remember ever feeling with Zoloft. For me this med is wonderful and I plan to stick with it. 2 weeks on it and no noticeable side effects, pleasantly pleased and so much calmer, actually laughing again."

momofgirls October 6, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was first prescribed Trintellix and it was the worst medication too much nauseous and vomiting. Then I started Viibryd and is the best ever no side effect at all, no gain weight. The only bad thing is really bad insomnia however my depression is better thanks for viiibryd. With coupon I pay $10.00!"

tayshalee October 2, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "This medication is the worst. Not only was it ineffective for my depression but it caused fits of anger and rage. I have asked my doctor to replace it after only thirty days. It is an expensive ripoff. It should be removed from the market or, at a minimum, dispensed with a cautionary side effect warning."

Diamondron (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I spoke too soon. This is the worst medication I have EVER taken. For 8 days straight, 24 hours a day with out any break I have been non stop nauseous to the point my face turns pale white, horrifying nightmares, sleep paralysis, no appetite, vision black out with “zaps” or “pressure “ feeling in my head. Extremely high blood pressure, with pressure behind my eyes which concerns me about angle closures with it said in the med pamphlet can cause glaucoma. Which causes blindness. Difficulty understanding, hot and cold, flu like symptoms, weakness, anger/rage, uncontrollable crying, blurred vision, pain through out body, excruciating painful burning sensation in my stomach always. Seeing things that are not there... these have been symptoms I’ve experienced every day and night with no break for 8 days. Almost went to ER several times, I weaned myself off this med. This is poison to my body. I was so hopeful for this medication too."

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Cons: I have insurance approved and the discount card and still pay $125 a month. I haven’t felt anything drastic yet at 10mg and I've been taking it 5 weeks or so (switching to 20mg this week). I’ve had super bad insomnia in middle of night/nightmares but nothing I haven’t had before. Some cases of sudden nausea if I don't eat for a few hours and some digestive stuff. Pros: got rid of my sleep paralysis, have enough energy, haven’t gained weight, decreases my urge to binge eat, more focused/motivated with school (but still depressed mood and emotional swings)"

Medipro (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I am a senior citizen that has been on viibryd one month. This drug has been awesome for me. The only side effects was very slight nausea the first week and loose stool on day one. I'm on 20 mg and I have never felt better in many many many years. I would highly recommend this drug and also I take it exactly according to directions. I am taking it right after breakfast and I just feel wonderful."

Alexryan2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Best medicine I’ve ever had. Got out of the Marine Corps in 1986. I’ve been on various anti-depressants and this is the best I’ve ever had. Perfect alignment with my misalignment in my cranium. On other meds I’ve had 3 episodes of suicide idealisation. I’m not even concerned about it anymore. I’m level-headed, not screaming at people, not being a total a-hole to my family. This medicine is a blessing to me."

KiloTangoFox (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 19, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...