User Reviews for Vilazodone

Also known as: Viibryd

Learn more about Vilazodone.

Depression 386 reviews 79 medications

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 3 reviews 13 medications

2.5
Summary of Vilazodone reviews 485 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Vilazodone

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Horrible!!! Made me suicidal! I'm 36 and have NEVER been like that. I stared at a razorblade for 10-15 minutes before I realized wtf was going on. I called my doc as soon as they were open. I was a zombie and when I could "function" it was barely enough to wipe my own bottom. I was crying for zero reason, this drug did the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do!!!!"

QuailLady August 19, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have suffered from major depression since my 20's, I am now 50, I have taken every antidepressant I think possible, since I have started taking Viibryd I feel human, I have more mind clarity,energy and generalized feeling of happiness. I laugh and talk a lot more! I feel like someone turned the positive switch on in my brain, it's like the sky is bluer, trees are greener, etc! I started taking this medicine after my sister told me she had started taking it and how wonderful she was feeling. I have had absolutely no side effects except eating more but that could be because I have an appetite now.I am taking 20mg right now and have been taking it for several months. I feel like this is a miracle drug and is exactly what I have always neede"

Kandiey August 16, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This is an awful medication. Horrible diarrhea. Horrible crazy off the wall nightmares. Can't tell whats real and what isn't. I saw my mom and she's been gone for five years.. This pill makes me feel like I'm on speed. Crazy speed. I've never in my life felt so bad, and so scared. "

tina mccreery (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "This is horrible stuff! I did the gradual dosage-increase starter pack. It was somewhat effective early on, but then it turned bad. I started to have vivid lucid dreams. Kinda cool, but some were quite unpleasant. During the 40mg stage, I involutarily jizzed my pants while at work! How unsettling! I ran out of Viibryd accidentally & went a day without it. BAD brain zaps came in waves, I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. That part was terrible! I drove to my doctor & immed asked to go back to my former medication. They ordered that to be refilled, but I couldn't wait the few hours. I had intense malaise & I was super itchy all over like a crackhead. I practically begged for one last Viibryd. The withdrawl was bad! Potent stuff."

SumYungGuy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've suffered from major depression for over 20 years and been on and off every medication. Today I am switching from Celexa to Vibryd and continuing on Wellbutrin along with that. Praying for some relief....so tired of this daily struggle."

Kcz (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Dr. Prescribed several antidepressants before trying Viibryd. Major difference once I was in a routine. Took care of about 90% of my depression/anxiety. Been on it for four plus years."

Navet72 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I have mixed feelings about viibryd. I'm switching off of it now, after about a year on it. I found that I did help, but seemed to make me more anxious at first. I didn't have any other side effects. After being on it for a while, I noticed if I was even a couple hours late on my dose, I would be a complete mess--crying, panicking, just feeling terrible. I've never had such a strong reaction to just being late on taking a medication. I'm not even talking about missing a full day. This is the main reason why I wanted to get off of viibryd. I stayed on it for fear of withdrawal symptoms and my depression and anxiety worsened. Currently taking celexa and today is my first day with no viibyrid."

AnxietyTeacher (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been taking Viibryd 60mg (started with the stater pack and gradually went up from there) for 9 months and have been on brand name Wellbutrin for 3 months. I have felt great on Viibryd and have felt a difference in my quality of life. Most common side effect at the beginning was diarrhea but it went away shortly. I haven't been coming home and going straight to bed anymore. I have more energy and more enthusiasm to do things with my family. I hope it continues. After so many years of trying different antidepressant, Viibryd has been my life changer. My copay is $75 since it's a brand name non formulary drug but Viibryd offers a coupon and it drops my copay to $20/month."

eyedepressed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I was taking lexapro and wellbutrin for a long time. Then switched to vibyrd in 2012. It helps with my deceased sex drive and it doesn't cause weight gain either. It actually helps with my libido."

Cynthia 6946 July 3, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Been taking viibryd for 2 years now. Was only on 10mg first few weeks nausea and loose frequent stools each week thethe symptoms lessen and I could feel the benefits. I was happy and relaxed, no decrease in sex drive and didn't have any of the side effects that I could notice (chronic back pain, gi issues, and difficulty sleeping my whole life). My doctor gives me samples and coupons when he can but it is extremely expensive."

Nurseshark (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 29, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I can live again!! I have suffered from anxiety and depression for 12 years. I've tried it all... most recently I was on Celexa and Lamictal combination. I took Celexa for 2 years and then things went south again. My doctor mentioned Viibyd and I was so scared to try a new medication because depression meds are a game of Russian roulette. I went straight to 40mg a day and I am happy to say that after just a week, I feel awesome. I forgot how it felt to be "normal". And i am high on life after finally finding a solution! Only side effects are occasional brain fog and a little bit of restless legs. Every medication is different for every one. Just keep trying until you find yours and don't give up."

qrst June 27, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "30 y/o female struggling with OCD/MDD/GAD since 14yo. The pack I received started 1wk at 10mg, then 1wk at 20 mg then the next 2wk at 40mg. The second week I was actually feeling hopeful that I may have found a medication that works for me again. Things quickly changed once I started the 40mg dose. I wake up in a stupor like fog that takes me about an hour to get out of. My dreams are so vivid and intense that I have difficulty shaking from them. I am now experiencing sexual side effects, dizziness, and very bad leg cramping. I almost got into an accident this morning because of the fog that I was in. Ironically I was going to pick up this medication. Returning to 20mg dose until I can see MD again. Seemed to work at low dose, now scary."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "This started out as a great experience. I was on Lexapro but due to the decreased sexual desire wanted to try something else. The first three months felt great, no improvement on the sexual aspect however. Then the side effects started and it was terrible. Started with constipation, which I was able to put up with. The legs hurting and cramping was another story. As long as I was active I had no problem. Go on a trip and it was hell. My legs would hurt like crazy. Then at night in bed if I turned over I got leg cramps in my thighs. OH and the DREAMS! So real, vivid and weird. Expensive!"

Biwie June 7, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "My wife started taking Viibyrd and she got every bad side effect. Violent, angry, mania and paranoid. That is truly the drug from hell! She would scream at me for hours and then started hitting and slapping me. I had to move out of the house and get an apartment and we are probably getting divorced. Viibyrd ruined my marriage..."

Anonymous June 7, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I take Viibrryd for generalized anxiety disorder. I don't have side effects. It works well for me. I HAD TO WRITE AN APPEAL TO MY INSURANCE TO GET THEM TO PAY."

Jodi Girl May 24, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I have been on 10mg of viibryd for about a month. I have a low drug tolerance and I couldn't get past the side effects of the other drugs I've tried. Viibryd had very minimal side effects that are now gone (vivid dreams and brain zaps). My anxiety has significantly lessened and I'm out of that depression fog. What a relief to be out of that negative state and constant worry! It just goes to show that differnt drugs work differently for everyone. Viibryd isn't well reviewed, but the ones that are highly scored didn't work for me at all. Don't give up or be afraid to find your perfect fit."

APski (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I would like my LEXAPRO over this medication any day now please!"

Ewa Beach Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Viibryd has changed my life I was so lost I had actually forgotten how it felt to smile and laugh . My only issue is due several injuries I have suffered and the cost of my doctor visits and other medications that I am taking it has been quite a financial hardship I wish this medication was lower priced ."

Kprather09 April 23, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "My doctor weaned me off of Fetzima and onto this drug from hell. The loose bowels are very annoying (I had two feet of my colon removed 8 years ago so perhaps I am super-sensitive. I'll start taking Pepto Bismol or something, .see if that helps. I .have every side effect. I am mean, nasty, aggressive: you name it, I have it. The good side is I am sleeping much better than I have for 50 years, and I have a bit of energy which I love. But my depression is hideous. Because I have had some improvement, the doctor says stay the course; I'll feel better in three more weeks. We shall see"

brendogs (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This drug probably kept me from killing myself, but missing a dose once after using it for almost two years and I was diagnosed with withdrawal. It hurt. Bad. Worse was getting was even my Psychiatrist called "brain zaps". They started out very infrequent and weak, but as time went on it was torture. They were around the clock and even woke me up every night several times each night. I almost want to leave my email if the drug company wanted to talk to me about it, but can only imagine the emails I would get from everywhere. Best wishes to all."

Paducah KY (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "It didn't work for me. At all. I had severe nausea for weeks, could barely attend meetings at work."

BRUSA April 7, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Started 20mg about 6 months ago with another AD, seems to take the edge off my depression better than anything else I've tried. I've been through the gauntlet was in 3 different hospitals and on a handful of different meds. I tried ECT twice and I think that made me worse...was approved for TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) did 45 treatments and still don't feel like my old self. I'm now on 40mg viibryd and 100mg pristiq and am relatively stable. I have to use the bathroom at least 5+ times a day the diarrhea side effect just won't go away. My doc doesn't want to try new meds anymore so I'm stuck on my current regimen till I find a new doc. I'd recommend Viibryd if you can deal with the side effects."

Nicstocks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2016

For Anxiety: "I was given Viibryd for generalized anxiety disorder. It sure delivered....but at a cost. The first couple of weeks that I was on this drug I had vivid dreams. Some scary. When I forgot to take my pill one morning, I felt very foggy all day at work, and then my face got super itchy. I read that I shouldn't take it when I got home, but to wait until the next day, and take it the next morning, as usual. BAD IDEA!! I had horrible brain zaps! Like someone put a live wire on my head. When I finally fell asleep, I had the worst dream ever. This dream woke me up and I was terrified. I took the pill at midnight, ASAP, and it helped. Within an hour I was asleep. Not an experience I would ever want to go through again!!! So, I was on this drug for a few years, and while it really helped my social anxiety. Never got a nervous stomach ache while on this pill - and I even started with a direct sales business and was actually teaching small classes at people's homes. (That was unheard of for me! I was the shyest kid in class back in my childhood days). I was feeling super confident, but started having gastric issues and gained 30 lbs. I have always been very thin, so 30 lbs made me feel horrible about myself. The drug inflamed my stomach and made me a sugar fiend. Basically, I felt like a heroin addict - but with sugar/carbs. I hated myself because I couldn't stop eating dessert! The sugar made my depression worse, and super fatigued. I didn't realize that any of this was caused by the drug, so I saw numerous doctors, had ultrasounds, GIs, colonoscopies, etc., and spent a ton of $$ on those doctor/lab bills. I prayed and prayed, and saw that others had some similar reactions. I weaned off the pill, and lost 21 lbs so far. I feel pretty normal. But I am still taking Bupropion for depression. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRUG!!!!"

Karekorn (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I've been on this drug for 2 days and am already discontinuing use. I got the starter pack and have taken 10mgs each morning for 2 days. It makes me so dizzy and tingly that I can't even move. Very nauseous and drowsy, but I can't sleep because everything is spinning. Not for me."

Jess0177 March 26, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I've been on Viibryd for a year now. It's completely changed my life. When I went to the doctor I knew it was time to get help. I still have a bad day now and then but who doesn't. No more crying, staying in bed for days and hating life. I know medication works differently for everyone but this is what worked for me. No matter what don't give up get help!"

3boys1mom March 20, 2016