User Reviews for Vilazodone

5.7

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Summary of Vilazodone reviews 6.4 606 reviews

Reviews for Vilazodone

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have taken many SSRI’s over the years. Recently I told my doctor that I had taken myself off of Prozac because I was sick of gaining weight unless I starved myself. He put me on Viibryd, and let me say, the weight gain is gone ! Unfortunately that’s because I feel queasy all of the time. Food doesn’t interest me at all and if I eat a cheese sandwich I feel bloated for hours. As to mood, I still have suicidal thoughts, but they are less obsessive; more like planning a distant vacation. Taking it in the a.m. makes sleep easier and I do feel more energetic and positive. It is quite expensive however, yet after reading these reviews, I’m fearful of possibly horrific withdrawal symptoms."

Jules (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I have been taking 40mg for about 3 years. It took my anger and suicidal thoughts away immediately. I had tried just about every other drug and none worked. I have no energy though many people say it gave them more energy. I guess I am still really depressed but my moods are much better."

Wil (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 27, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Well I've been on Viibryd for about a week and I can say I feel more alive. I've been on several others but the side effects were terrible so my Dr decided to try this .I read all of the other comments I pray I don't get the side effects. The only thing that's happened to me, my stomach turning but hey I can handle that. If the side effects don't get no worser I'm staying on it .I have a lot more energy and I'm more calmer..."

Angie (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I am extremely depressed and have terrible anxiety. I can not take any medicine. My Dr finally gave me Xanax for anxiety and it worked. I been on it a long time. Then came the depression - it was horrible - it was after a 17 years of a not so good marriage. He found someone else moved her in our home and left me in the projects. We divorced I was left with a car and a few dollars he closed bank account without telling me. Hasn't even checked. Anyway my dr knowing how I am on medicine tried and tried finally hit on Viibryd. Worked from the beginning. It is wonderful. Makes the ghost that hit in the afternoon go away. If its bad I take half a xanax with it. I never would have thought something would ever work on me. Thank you."

CiCi (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2018

For Depression: "I have tried a host of anti-depressants over the last decade with little or no effect. I was given Villazodone (Viibryd) about 4 months ago and got positive results in the 1st 10 days. I had given up on believing that any medication could help me but now look at life differently. My issues are mostly still there but I look at them differently (without a sense of urgency) and for once.....truly have some hope at least. My symptoms were extreme depression, PTSD, obsessive- compulsive, anxiety and more combined with total isolation. My situation has not changed although I now have hopes and often the desire to do something about my situation while starting to believe that I can succeed. A couple of my ideas may seem a little grandiose but I believe they are well planned ideas that can work which is yet to be seen which is correct. Time will tell but I do not think I could survive going back to the mental state I was lost in for so long."

Jeff D. April 18, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "The best thing that ever happened for my anxiety and depression. I’ve tried so many SSRIs and SNRI and other drug classes and nothing worked like Viibryd. It was a life changer for sure."

Mo April 7, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "This drug is terrifying. I took it for 2 days and woke up the second day with uncontrollable leg shakes - had to take Xanax immediately and was late to work because I had to wait until the Xanax kicked in. Will never use this drug again- made my anxiety through the roof and was jumping out of my skin. Be careful!"

tszul (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "My update...I have now been on Viibryd for about 5 months. Had anger/ anxiety until I added a low dose of Cymbalta. This has been a perfect combination! I’ve had NO depression/ suicidal thoughts AT ALL which is amazing for me. Have since joined a health club, work out, interested in activities, hobbies. Have even wondered if I could work once again for the first time in 8 years. I still do have a fear of going down hill once again as I have long history of severe depression/ suicides. I pray that I can remain as well as I feel now. Thanks to Viibryd."

DbLH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "It actually worked quite well for me I noticed a huge difference in my attitude and my mood a whole lot less anger but it's very expensive and they would no longer give me samples at the doctor's so unfortunately I had to get off of this medication but it was the only one that has worked and we have tried them all"

Lj mountain (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Saved my life. After being on Effexor XL 300 mg per day for 7 years and it was stopped abruptly due to tachycardia and increased depression, my physician started Viibryd. The withdrawals from Effexor were horrific. It took many weeks to withdrawal (and I believe I still am having some long term side effects even after 2 years) and many meds before Viibryd was started. I now take Viibryd 40mg at night and 20 in the morning along with a probiotic that has helped The expense of the Name brand only med right now, is worth every penny because you cant put a price on your life. I am alive and mentally better than I have been in 10 years. Thank you"

Alive! January 14, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I have been taking Viibryd for years and it has changed my life for the better. I tried many other antidepressants in the past that did nothing for me. I used to sleep all the time. Day after day of just hiding and sleeping. I now have energy. I don't spend my days in bed I am out doing things and enjoying myself. It does have some side effects for me but the joy I get out of living is outweighed by them. I wish I could have found this sooner as it has given me back my life!"

Graciecj January 4, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Have had depression for years. Also bipolar. Have been on just about everything and it always stops working or just does not work. Viibryd worked for about 8 months then just stopped working. It made me emotionless. I don’t even know what or how to feel. Did not really have any other bad side effects. Am now weaning off. Have had 2 episodes of loud explosions and a few bad dreams but nothing unbearable. I really want off this med. I just want my emotions back. Oh yes. Have had hair loss. Not happy about that. Did lose 40 lb but that’s because of keto the last year. I just think this med will work for some people and will just STOP working for some people but It did not prove to be effective for me. And what will it do long term."

?73.,!$&&.: (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2018

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I have had treatment resistant depression (MDD) for over 18 years. I was suicidal for a large part of my life and tried to take kill myself on numerous occasions. I am 30 years old with a strong genetic predisposition to depression. Lithium had helped with the Suicidal Idealistation but it wore off over time. Viibryd has literally changed my life! Within a few months I felt like a new person and 8 months later, I am still doing very well. I haven't experienced a suicidal thought for over 7 months and I had never gone more than a few weeks. This break in the depression has given me a chance to truly utlitize my therapy. Even if it doesn't last forever, I'm incredibly thankful for this break. If you have Treatment Resistant Depression and Suicidal Idealisation, definitely try this one."

Jen6453 December 28, 2017

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I’ve only been on Viibryd for two weeks, but I can already tell a HUGE difference in my mood and motivation to do things. I recently came off Bupropion, which made me angry and irritable all the time, so I knew I had to make a change. My doctor gave me many samples of Viibryd because it is an expensive drug, so make sure to snag as many samples as you can unless you just have amazing insurance that will cover its cost. I also have crippling anxiety, and I can see that Viibryd has really taken the edge off. I can’t ask much more from a drug! I have tried all the major SSRIs over the years, but Viibryd is the only one to change my life for the better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

For Anxiety: "I started the sample pack at 10mg and diddnt feel much of a difference until 20mg which is when I felt it kick in. However, after about 2-3 days, I experienced horrible headaches and jolts, insomnia, and increased in anxiety and depersonilization. I HATE IT. I am talking to my therapist as we speak about switching it off, however I have read an increase helps or waiting 6-8 weeks after start does too but am too anxious to do that and am wanting to start a new one."

em3199 December 24, 2017

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I threw up violently just hours after taking my first dose (with food), had a headache and felt tired. I can safely say I won't be taking a second dose."

Clairemobucho December 19, 2017

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "So, this medicine didn't do anything for me. It was new to the market and the first antidepressant my doctor ever put me on. I don't recall any crazy side effects, I just didn't feel that it worked at all. That was when I was 18. I'm 23 now and it may have changed. Just always listen to your gut instinct."

Merebearrrrr December 7, 2017

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I am 27 years old and I started taking anti depressants around 19 years old my first medicine celexa worked great until it wore off. I went off the deep end in a bad way , terrible thoughts constant anxiousness and worrying . I also suffer from anxiety as well so it really hit hard ! My doctor proscribed me vibryd 10 mg ! I felt amazing immediately after a brain shock ! Then he bumped me to 20mg then 40mg . The 40mg dose had me feeling like I was going to come out of my body felt very weird ! I went back on 20mg for a while now I'm on 10mg ! The thing is no medicine is a miracle drug you have to be strong and think positive thoughts with depression or anxiety or it's a vicious cycle ! Always talk to people or do anything to get your mind occupied on other things !"

Houston Alan November 26, 2017

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "This drug is dangerous. The side effects are horrible and the withdrawal process to get off of the drug is arguably worse, if that is even possible. This drug should be taken off the market."

Randomusername (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2017

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I am 21 and have been on Viibryd for 4 years. It is a miracle for me. No drug is not gonna come with out side effects, you gotta figure out what drug is worth the side effects. My favorite thing is the energy it gives me. NO other medicine has given me the right amount of energy, not too much, but enough to feel it kick in. However, if on a high dose, DON'T miss a day. Horrible brain shocks and tremors. I'm on 40mg daily. No other medicines with it."

edasgfl (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 7, 2017

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Had been using Sertraline for almost 8 years, no major problems 75mg dose. Switched to Viibryd when I wanted something that would allow me to be a little more energetic and increase libido. Things were fine the first 2 weeks, no side effects but no increase in energy really. Then I started having problems grinding my teeth and couldn't relax my jaw, anxiety increased even w/ taking Clonazepam. Not to mention sleep was hard to come by and wouldn't be refreshing. Be careful with this"

C User 1212 November 3, 2017

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "From day one, YES day one, I turned into an irritable, annoyed, aggressive person. I gave it a week, thinking my body was just adjusting. I stayed "raged", we'll call it. Talked to my pharmacist, she recommended that I not keep taking it. I feel much better off of it. Will try something else."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2017

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I had tried everything. Other drugs affected my sex life, made me gain weight, made me slow. Viibryd has been a life saver. The only thing that bothers me is that there won't be a generic for 3-5 years and without an HMO or Healthcare plan it is about $270 a month. I am lucky to have been employed continuously the time I have been on it. A tip - ask your doctor for sample packs and hoard them. A second tip - always google for coupons on any prescription. Viibryd has some "first year" discounts"

jtwrevo (taken for 10 years or more) October 21, 2017

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "If you don’t like to sleep this is the medication for you. After being on 40 mg for 14 months I am decreasing my dosage to 20 mg. I have had the worst 14 months of my life with difficulties falling asleep and staying asleep. The drug works for depression but does affect my sleep patterns and that is not ok. Here’s hoping the lower dose lets me sleep!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 17, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have tried all other SSRIs available in the US, all have had undesirable side effects. I started taking Viibryd about four years ago, been very pleased. No sexual side effects, even as I increased dosage last year. The only part I find super tricky is it's half life. If I forget to take my dose the next morning I start getting an itchy face. Seriously itchy like allergies! As I have ADHD too this is very helpful but annoying. If I am without my pills and have to wait until later in the day to take them some of the worst anger feelings I've ever had come out. It's like the hulk! Itchy hulk! So as long as I always keep a back up supply in my purse I am good."

Itchyface October 15, 2017