User Reviews for Vilazodone

Also known as: Viibryd

Learn more about Vilazodone.

Depression 397 reviews 80 medications

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 3 reviews 13 medications

2.5
Summary of Vilazodone reviews 511 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Vilazodone

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "It helped tremendously with my depression but do not use if you're a woman. It causes total numbness of the clitoris. My gynecologist told me to stop taking it."

R.u December 26, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Wow. This medication really works with very few or no side effects for me. I finally feel normal. I am balanced, have appropriate emotions and healthy relationships. After being on Lexapro for a year and experiencing every side effect, Viibryd is a miracle to me. I used to feel numb, flat, disinterested, boring, no sex drive, etc. while on Lexapro. I talked to my doctor about Viibryd and I feel like I'm back to my normal self. I'm on 40 mg. Just remember to take it every day at the same time and never run out. I ran out for a few days while traveling, and the withdrawal symptoms start to kick in after the second or third missed dose, and I felt terribly hungover, cranky, tired and dizzy. Highly reccomend talking to your doctor about Viibryd"

nicknr (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Was taking Effexor with good results but had to change meds due to cost. Switched to Viibryd due to availability from my services provider at no cost. While maybe not quite as effective as the Effexor, I have been on the Viibryd for several years with good results and no side effects that I've had with other anti-depressants. It has improved my quality of life very much. No depressive periods even while handling some difficult times. It's been a Godsend for me."

Viking-Lord (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 18, 2016

For Depression: "My doctor did the genesight test and this was on the green list. Ive been on prozac since I was 18 and it was on the yellow list. I've had bipolar disorder since I was 13. This medicine makes me feel like what I felt when I was on antipsychotics. I don't like this at all. Maybe I need to give it a chance but I don't like this feeling at all!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "My dr gave me two sample packs and told me to take all the 10mg tablets and once I was done I could go up to 20mg if I needed it, but I continue to get a prescription for 20mg and cut them in half so it lasts me twice as long. She told me I would have upset stomach the first night and that was literally the only bad side effect I had! I take it after dinner/before bed. Right away it made me feel more awake, able to handle things my stressors better, and gave me a general sense of well being. I can still get aggravated so I don't feel like a zombie, and I'm still able to have the big O. I am 36 and have tried 10 or so different antidepressants over the years since I was in my late teens and nothing has ever worked as well as this."

Working Mom Surgery Nurse December 15, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I've been on Viibryd for a year now. Start up symptoms were upset stomach, diarrhea, and nausea. I got to about 10mg for a week and couldn't handle the nausea. So I backed off to about 5mgs. I had a good improvement and nausea went away. Tried to go back up to 10mg and by the 4th day I had the same results. Keep in mind anti-depressants are very powerful. I had improvement from just 5 mg. My doc wrote me a script for 20 mg and I cut those into 4. I still have days where I don't feel well, but it has decreased my depression symptoms and panic attacks with minimal side effects. I gained a little weight about 7 lbs. No sexual side effects. Has to be taken with food."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Terrible and cant get off these. Blurried vision,have to close eyes. Dizzy and not yourself."

Jemmy80 December 12, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Started taking it over the summer on a starter pack. I hate eating, and if you don't eat with this med, you're going downhill. Nausea, vomiting, major headaches, and more black and white BPD symptoms than without. Was placed on Deplin with it, but felt sick all the time. Haven't been back since school started due to other things, and in all honesty, the meds made it hard. Everything was elevated. Nightmares were worse. Little day to day events, terrible. A simple manic episode that I was used to? 12 times higher. Really disliked it."

RMR08 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I started taking this in May of 2016. I started taking this at 20 years olds and turned 21 recently. It's really been quite awful experience over all. I've had major depression for most of my life but I've never actually tried to act on my suicidal thoughts before this medicine. The highs and lows of my mood swings are way more dramatic and frequent. The longer I take it the harder it is to be without it. I've had hallucinations and this horrible electric noise that rattles my head. It feels like a pendulum swinging from ear to ear. I was awake for 25 hours straight were I didn't eat anything or get out of bed. If I manage to take it correctly all the time I don't have to deal with the withdrawal and my depression is not as suffocating..."

RoseFalles December 11, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication is terrrible. Right away I was experiencing nausea every day. I had blurred vision and I felt like I couldn't think very well. My brain was all foggy. I craved sweets and carbs all the time. I took it for a month and gained about 15 pounds. I also had the most extreme horrible vivid nightmares where I was afraid to close my eyes and sometimes I felt like I couldn't wake up. I woke up covered in sweat with a racing heart frightened. I also got brain zaps where it felt like my brain was being electrocuted for a second I feel like I turned into a monster on this drug. I was filled with so much rage and anger and I hated everyone and everything. I would have times that I just broke down crying uncontrollably. So i switched"

kimmyg8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

For Anxiety: "5 years on Viibryd 40mg and starting to feel REALLY BAD. I take it for General anxiety disorder with ADAH . I started getting Head dropping sensation at night. Started beta blockers for how bad hand tremors were/are. Absolute fatigue to the point of calling it lethargic from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. Every task feels like a chore, not from unwillingness but due to complete lack of strength to do so. This week the deep bone and muscle aches have started. I feel so bad and has been gradual decline over last year. Just figured out the cause and I am sad to stop this medication, but I'd rather have GAD then this."

NursingMomma (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 6, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I started taking this medication for major depression and anxiety. The first month was great I was sleeping well and I was very happy and wasn't stressed then it all turned. I began to have vivid nightmares that I woke crying and screaming. I started having trouble staying asleep not just from the nightmares but I couldn't bring myself to sleep. I stopped taking the meds and talked to my psychiatrist about my concerns I told her I didn't take the meds everyday at the same time so she told me to try it again. I started a strick time regimen. I started having dizzy spells, started hallucinating, nightmares again, I would get weak and Shakey. I took sleep meds still no sleep. I still had depression. It was horrible."

Unnamed101 December 3, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Was on Viibryd 40mg and didn't see a positive change until 8 weeks into it. I got depressed/anxious after one month and they increased the dose to 60mg. I got depressed/anxious again after about another month. Just doesn't work. Never truly felt back to normal or that sense of well being. WAY too expensive. One positive thing is that it didn't make me feel sleepy compared to all the others (Lexapro, Celexa, Prozac)."

Ghostbuster mommy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I started viibryd for anxiety disorders, major depressive disorder and paranoia. I have been taking it for 9 days (the starter pack). Now on 20 mg. It seems to be working great for my depression, paranoia and I don't get irritated like I used to. My outlook on life has changed dramatically. Happier and still able to achieve orgasm, unlike other antidepressants. I take Ativan at night for sleep and anxiety, so I have not had any nightmares. The only downfall with viibryd is my back and neck are very tense and achey. Diarrhea first few days but it goes away. Has anybody else experienced muscle aches/tension? If so please let me know."

Mentallystablemommynow (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "The first four days I was almost euphoric then it was like the bottom dropped out and depression worse that when I started the medication set in. I have stopped taking it."

3421 November 5, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have taken 20 mg of Viibryd for 4 years and it has been the single best antidepressant I have ever taken. I have taken Zoloft, Prozac, Lexapro, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin and Effexor. All of them caused major weight gain (especially Zoloft) & none of them continued to work after about 12-18 months. Viibryd saved my marriage; I am able to easily achieve orgasm. While the other medicines made me numb and interfered with my sleep, Viibryd has allowed me to feel, but also to cope. I am only writing this today because I may need to finally go up to 40 mg. But it worked like a charm for 4 years, even through incredibly intense, life changing stressful events. This drug has been a life saver for me."

Sarah1138 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I tried to go off this drug after undergoing TMS treatment, but I could not. It is as addictive as heroin. I needed to go onto Wellbutrin and Prozac to bridge over and taper off the Viibryd over a period of several weeks and the withdrawal syptoms were awful."

BouvMom (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Was on Celexa but came off because of horrible side effects such as lack of focus, and EXTREME memory loss. I suffered in class because of this, I could not retain anything I learned and it didn't make me feel happy, just numb. I stopped it a few years ago. Started 10mg Viibryd a couple months ago and I feel happier, more focused and more ambitious than ever, I use it along side Vistaril for anxiety and Its incredible. For how bad of a rep it gets, its been a life changer for me. I am doing amazing in school now and I just generally feel right all the time now. Occasional brain zaps at night but they are infrequent. The payoff of this medicine is just too great to let a couple minor side effects stop me from taking it."

This gave me my life back. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Have completed 1 month on viibryd, but no change in mood. This weekend I will go from 20mg to 40. I was on highest doses of Lexapro, then Effexor, so might need 40 b/f seeing change. I've come this far, so I'll stick it out and see what happens. Have had vivid, detailed dreams every night, but no nightmares. Did forget to take med 1 morning and had terrible day at work--extreme irritability, even anger. Took med when got home, and next day back to normal. Also experienced increased depression & sadness when took med too late 1 Saturday. Whole time on med, have eaten less, but only feel like eating salty, sweet, and/or high fat foods. No interest in salad or veggies, which I normally eat. Hopefully that will change."

Sea Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on this for over 2 months. On max. Dosage. Nothing. Has not helped with my depression at all. Going to call my Doctor today."

Engineer 1 September 13, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "It help me a little bit but the side effect was so bad, I was having night terror/sleep paralysis. I thought at first I was going crazy or our house was haunted until we moved and realized that it's this medicine, as soon as I stopped, no more night terror. I will never take this medicine ever again. I was so scared to go to sleep for months because of this medicine."

Really Depressed September 8, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "6 years now and nothing has worked until Viibryd. I've been off and on meds for 20 years, but this last bout of depression was about killing me. It's been two months and I'm doing great!"

NicoleCattin1 August 31, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "End of Viibryd week 1 was starting to feel normal, then began week 2 at 20mg. More nausea (Ondancetron med really helps at work), no headaches this week. New symptom of gritty feeling in eyes--think it is dry eyes, so bought some good tear drops and seems a lot better now, will keep using. I switched over cold turkey from 40mg Lexapro. When starting any new antidepressant, I always take it on the weekend, NEVER during the workweek. It might make you sleep all day or be "out of it," but that's usually just an adjustment period you have to go thru. Too bad doctors don't always let patients know what to expect."

Sea Girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I honestly don't like this medication very much. I just started it previously and I am experiencing extreme drowsiness and although it is a common side effect it is not normal to the point where I zone in and out like I'm as high as a kite."

KJMorgan August 30, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Im 37 y/o female and was prescribed this after a suicide attempt. Took just a few days but I feel the best that I have in a very long time. I can't tell you the last time I had the energy, enthusiasm, or Clarity that I have now. I've been on so many different antidepressants & anti-anxiety medications that I've lost track of what all I have been on. Best medication in combination with 5 milligrams of Abilify!!! I feel like I am getting my life back. I truly feel like my life has been saved. I did have loose bowels off and on the first two weeks, but now on week 3 it is getting better. My guess is, like any other antidepressant, some people respond in a positive way, and others respond in a negative way. Nature of the beast of depression!"

Mt dew queen August 30, 2016