User Reviews for Zilretta

Osteoarthritis
5.9

Reviews for Zilretta

SheriL64 · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “I fell at work more than 2 years ago, broke my patella, after 3 surgeries and the last one seemed to have worked well, my pain level was down to a 2-3. My doctor suggested getting this injection to get me lasting pain relief going forward, I wish now I hadn't. My pain level increased to at least to a 5 within in a week, sometimes it hurts as much as a 6-7. I have pain where I didn't have pain before, Calling my doctor this week. My surgery was at the end of April, the injection was done at 4 weeks. I am now 3 weeks past injection date and it is only worsened my knee pain. I am so over this knee pain.”

Janetk73 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “I have suffered for 4 yrs with OA and the last year was awful, I have tried everything and eventually all the doctors told me was lose weight and I was not going to do it by exercise. I needed a knee replacement and was too young. In March I finally found a wonderful Dr who listens and came up with a plan. I had the Zillreta injections in both knees on the 29th of March and it has changed my life, I can actually do things, and not be in excruciating pain. 10 weeks in and I'm getting minimal pain back so I'm hopeful that when I need another injection it continues to work. I will forever be grateful to my Dr for introducing this to me.”

AT · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 14, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “For years my pain management doctor tried different medicines, but all worked about 1 to 2 weeks. When a new pain management doctor entered the practice, she suggested that we try Zilretta. Pain was almost immediately gone and it lasts for 2 months. Then I can manage the pain with Aleve for the next month. Zilretta has changed my life. I have been having the injections in my right knee for almost 2 years now. Have noticed no side effects.”

Swampbabe November 10, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I am in the last stages of osteoarthritis in both knees. I pretty young to have knees as bad as I do (so my doctor says) I’m 52 and have been fighting osteoarthritis for 12 years now. I had Zilretta injections in Jan 2020 and it was amazing for the pain. I was pain free for 3 months. My range of motion stayed the same but I had no pain! The only negative thing is when the injections wore off I had no warning of the pain coming back, it came back with a vengeance. I scheduled knee surgery for August and cancelled because of the corona virus. So today I had zilretta injections again to buy time until I feel safe to have surgery! These injections have been the only thing that works for me and I’m so grateful to be pain free even if it is only for 3 months!”

DJA · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I have tried all available types of injections for my right knee and I have had less and less effectiveness with each injection. Zilretta has been a miracle drug as it has given me pain and swelling relief for two months. I am very active. I jog about 15-20 miles a week and walk about another 5 miles per week. Before Zilretta I did it with pain and a limp - not now!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “Since getting injection of zilretta after years of cortisone injections for bone on bone in my knees, my worse knee has gotten unbearable. I now not only have knee pain but it feels like a rubber band breaking behind my kneecap and excruciating nerve pain down my whole left leg, even while sleeping. I don't recommend getting this shot. Because of it, I now will have to have my knee replaced sooner rather than later.”

Kat · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “One day I was hobbling at work , walking with a cane. I was done! Some days I couldn’t get up out of a chair. My Dr told me about Zilretta injections for both my knees . I was shock my insurance covered it! Only $50 for both knees. Had both knees drained and injections with Zilretta. WOW! After 2 days of ice I stood up and walked normal for the first time in 12 years I had no knee pain at all. I had little to no swelling from the knees down. I have told everyone I know about Zilretta! So happy to be pain free! Thank you!”

Anonymous March 26, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I have bone on bone in both needs and have been in horrible pain for about a year. I have have cortizone injections in the past, with last one only getting relief for a week. I was completely at my wits end . I am only 58 years old and am trying to hold off on knee replacement surgery for as long as possible. My prayers have been answered with Zilretta, I had an injection in both knees 8 days ago and I feel like a new person. I pray the relief continues. I would recommend this to everyone suffering with knee pain.”

TOPCAT LTKR · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 6, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “I had Zilretta injections several times in my left knee which was bone to bone from degenerative arthritis at age 73 and I am a big man of 200 pounds. First injection gave partial relief for about 9-10 weeks maximum and each consecutive dose less effective down to about 4 weeks of relief with last dose. A big problem is they would only give another injection after 90 days so waiting for the next dose meant a lot of pain between doses. I quickly realized it is pain management only and the degenerative condition gets worse as you do more activity on the knee with reduced pain. So surgery is inevitable. You might as well go ahead with TKR. Also, it is a steriod. Several of my injections were painful at injection time and fact was for me, the surgeon delayed my surgery by 120 days saying Zilretta, as a steriod, gave increased risk of infection if given close to surgery date. I would not do it again. I would opt for TKR as soon as pain of bone to bone appears. They do not tell all up front.”

nuke · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I've had medial left knee pain for awhile and tried different avenues of pain management, including hyaluronic acid injections. Zilretta is awesome! It took a good week for it to kick in, but I am now at one month and the pain has subsided immensely. No side effects at all. I'm very active and play a lot of pickleball, so I'm a true test to the effectiveness of this drug.”

Marty · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I've had every knee shot for knee osteoarthritis with no results. I've had moderate to severe knee pain for five years. I had my left knee injected two weeks ago and got immediate results. Pain free! Yesterday I had my right knee injected with the same results. Zilretta is amazing! Curious to see how long the shots will last.”

SusieQ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 13, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I have had Zilretta injections in both of my knees. It is absolutely FANTASTIC ! I was pain free the 1st day after my injection. I did not have any side effects. I can do things I haven't been able to do for years. Going up and down stairs is so much easier now. I can stand in one place for and extended period of time. I can kneel on the floor and play with my Grand kids. I feel like a new person being pain free. I would recommend anyone with Osteoarthritis to try Zilretta.”

Tag · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I also have bone on bone in my knee. I was using cortisone injections and then doctor told me about Zilretta. I got the injection in May and by August it was wearing off. I am in more pain now than ever before. It felt great at first but WOW. I do not recommend this.”

NeNe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 3, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “MAN!!! Where do I start? Both knees are shot but I’m unable to do surgery at this time because of mother-in-law broken hip and recent major surgery on son so we’re taking care of them. ZILRETTA is fantastic for my osteoarthritis it works and it lasts for about 3 months I have been taking the injections about 9 months. Before that Dr was doing steroid injections that last almost 2-3 weeks. Greatest product.”

Haven · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 26, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “The first set of injections kept me in pain and off of my feet for over a week. I've had to get the injections every 3 months instead of every 6 like my last medication. Every time it is the same thing, both knees end up swollen and painful for a week or longer. The effects of Zilretta are semi-beneficial for about 8 weeks. I've had a lot more pain, stiffness and swelling in my knees since taking Zilretta. There are days that I can't fully straighten or bend my legs. The inflammation is bad and my symptoms are becoming worse then they were before I started Zilretta. This is a serious concern. I'm glad that it is helping some people, but for me the short 8 weeks of slight relief is not worth the pain and worsening of symptoms that I have for the rest of the time between injections.”

Jillyn31 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I got an injection in my right knee a month ago today (Dr had sample). I was a little worried about it containing steroids, because I've previously had them worsen my mental health symptoms, but I didn't have too many problems with that this time. Of course, after the injection, my knee was sore & swollen, making it difficult to walk right for a few days. I noticed nasal congestion, which is one of the side effects. Since it's extended release, I expected the osteoarthritis pain & swelling in my knee to go down, at least a little bit over time. To date, it hasn't & has actually gotten worse. I've also noticed increased knee stiffness & leg spasms (feels like they're behind the knee cap), that I didn't have before. I was looking forward to this med providing much needed relief, not causing issues. At this point, I'm not planning to get my left knee done. Just not the results I expected. Although I don't believe it's at all related, I will be fair & mention I also have fibromyalgia.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 6, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “Some mild pain and inflammation relief but that lasted just a little while. It's supposed to last a long time but my knee is pretty much worse than before I started the Zirletta injection. I can't say if that's the natural progression or the cortisone sped it up. But I can say that the regular cortisone shot I got before Zirletta was way more effective. I would not recommend Zirletta.”

M monroe · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I have had two shots of zilretta in my right knee.The shot lasts exactly 90 days. About 48 hours after receiving this shot all pain is gone and I feel like I have a brand new knee. But I have to fight with my Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield to pay for this shot. It is a great shot if you can schedule the shot exactly every 90 days. The company that manufactures this drug offers no discounts and no coupons or financial help. Even with insurance this shot costs 240 dollars.”

anonymous1234 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 2, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I had high hopes for this injection after failed cortisone, and other injections. I iced my knee several times a day. I have a bit of relief in my knee but by the end of the day I'm "toast". It has been one week since my injection. I'm glad others had success, however, it is not working for me.”

DJA · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 14, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Second injection relieved knee pain but not as good as first. The good results were less pain, more flexibility, and less swelling. The noticed side effects after the second shot were like an allergic reaction with moderate congestion, slight cough. My reaction immediately after receiving the injection was more noticeable than the first with flu like feelings for a few days. All in all the pain relief has been good but I am not sure about a third injection. It may be time to fix the problem rather than treat the symptoms.”

Sunshine August 12, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I got my first injection when I was 62 years old. It lasted for 10 months!! I am now 63 and just got a second injection today! My experience the first round was Amazing! I could walk, climb, play on the floor and even do Zumba again! Looking forward to the next 10 months of amazing mobility!”

DanA · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I had a shot of this medication in my knee and I have had severe leg cramps and we I asked the doctor about how long the side effects were going to last he said 3 to 4 days. At this point I can hardly walk.. I definitely would not recommend this drug. Additionally I believe Cortizone is better in this stuff. Good night cramps are unbearable I drink a lot of water to stay hydrated.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I have partial replacements in both knees and they are both bad again. I got the Zilretta shot a week ago and had great pain relief at first but on day 7 started increasing pain. Not sure if this is gonna work. Trying to buy time before total replacements.”

MyKnees · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Don’t bother with Zilretta. I have been getting conventional cortisone knee injections for several years - tried Zilretta in an attempt to reduce frequency of injections. Three weeks out and minimal relief compared to conventional cortisone. Now I have to wait several months before I can get regular cortisone again.”

Kat November 3, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Zilretta was a total disaster, I haven’t walked for a month. Felt sick within an hour after receiving Zilretta. I only hope this lasts the length Of the drug and doesn’t permanently damage my knees. THIS WAS NO MIRACLE. I’m a thousand times worse than I was.”

weary bones · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Received drug Zilretta about 15 days ago. It was FABULOUS these last 12 days! Climbed steps, played with 8 yr old grandson in yard, just generally moved beautifully! Gradually, the pain has returned. Don’t know why, don’t know if I did something wrong, but those first 12-14 days were awesome ! Glad it helps others”

Fitzm · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I got the injection into my knee 10 days ago. Initially, I had significant burning pain and pressure in my knee x 3 days, This has resolved and now I have severe hamstring tendinitis With difficulty doing stairs and walking up hills. I’m sorry I even got this injection, my discomfort is so much worse that I was at baseline.”

Pat · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “First shot worked great. Second shot I had severe pain and a burning sensation on the side of my knee that faces the other knee. This pain lasted 4 days and about drove me out of my mind. I kept thinking he injected into a nerve or something that shouldn't have been stabbed. It was horribly painful & I'm really good at handling pain but I was ready to have this leg amputated on day 3. Finally on day 5 it let up. Injection spot stayed red and swollen for two weeks. Now the shot is helping. I'm scheduled to get a third injection in December. If it reacts like the second one I'll know I'm allergic. However seems weird I had no reaction to the first shot then 7 months later the second shot nearly drove me insane. Made my whole body hurt. Especially my back. Never could get my doctor's office back on the phone. Now 3 weeks later and calling twice a week and leaving messages they don't return phone calls.”