User Reviews for Sulindac

Also known as: Clinoril

Learn more about Sulindac.

Ankylosing Spondylitis 1 reviews 131 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 3 reviews 345 medications

6.5
Summary of Sulindac reviews 18 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Sulindac

For Osteoarthritis: "I've severe psoriatic arthritis also that causes severe iritis... For me this was a Miracle pill for pain... Most medications ate my intestines such as Relafen. Other drugs that worked really well for me (no pain for 5-6 days) were injections of "Toridal" & "Depomedrol" at the same time (totally cleared up my iritis). The 20mg of Methotrexate injection 1x per week didn't do anything except possibly cause calf muscle cramps."

jlk1 April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with arthritis all over my body through a bone scan...first I was given mobic...made me sick throw up etc. And made pain worse. Rheumatologist then put me on feldene (piroxicam) and it helped a lot they pain was almost gone and I could walk and drive again. My insurance stopped covering it so I was switched to sulindac and I started to take it 4 days ago. I am back to zero! Completely inflamed in severe pain it also gives me bad migraines makes me sleepy and my stomach hurts. I don't know what to do! I need to go back to the rheumatologist and try something else yet again! Why do insurance companies stop covering medications that help their patients!! This is so frustrating!"

in extreme pain again (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I love what this has done for my daughter. Selena is 6 she will be 7 Dec 30th 2015 suffers from arthritis she is in chronic pain and it was difficult for her to play, walk for long periods of time, be a kid in general. we have tried other meds but have not found anything that was helping. Now she take sulindac 150mg x2 daily and she has become a whole new person"

Pootloop aka selena threadgill (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "It started working after 2 weeks. Extremely constipated."

Anonymous November 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I am 37 years old and have been suffering extremely severe debilitating back pain for ten years after being hit by a drunk driver. I was always athletic and it has been heart breaking for me to spend the last ten years barely active and dying in pain everyday. After my doctors refused to give me anymore pain medication and just let me suffer; I went to a rheumatologist who prescribed this as one of my medications. This is the only one I have taken so far. I came back from a walk crippled over in pain crying. I took one 200mg dose of this medication and was able to comfortably and actively live out the rest of my day. This medication is a god send as far as I'm concerned. That was only after one dose!"

BeegirlNJ (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "Miracle medicine....almost pain free the next morning."

Anonymous February 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "My knee has been swollen with pain since my surgery 8 months ago. Been on other anti-inflammatory meds and nothing helped. Took Sulindac for about 2-3 weeks and the pain/swelling was gone. Unfortunately, I started getting constipated and went off it. Two days after, the pain/swelling came back. Ughh. Started to take it again until I go back to the doctors."

1Jeannes April 22, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "Tried taking Naproxen 500mg, stomach couldnt handle it lot of cramps and it did not help pain at all. Switched to Sulindac 200mg stomach feels fine still in pain but it took the edge off."

Ron6565 April 4, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clinoril (sulindac) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I was experiencing extreme stiffness and pain from ankylosing spondylitis and my rheumatologist put me on Clinoril, prednisone, and Azulfidine. Within two days I was feeling much better than I had felt for weeks."

JWBlack September 6, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I love it! Will usually take about 2 days for it to be totally working - need to get it back into my system. Usually after a few months my stomach will start hurting just a little bit, so I go off Sulindac for a couple weeks, then back on. I sure notice the difference when not taking it. I hate hurting - can't do anything when I'm that way. Sulindac gave me my life back."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 6, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clinoril (sulindac) for Pain: "This works when nothing else does for joint pain post Cushing's disorder."

cheryl p March 12, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "During acute gout attack took Naproxen (500mg) for five days with very little relief. Then started on Sulidac (200) with almost instant relief."

SFNative February 13, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clinoril (sulindac) for Gout, Acute: "Highly effective"

Sied December 28, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Been on Sulindac 400MG daily for a couple of months with little or no relief."

namo357 November 19, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clinoril (sulindac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This is my fifth try at finding something that helps me move relatively pain free through out the day. I have so far experienced no side effects."

Anonymous July 14, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I take the usual dose for degenerative disc disease of shoulders and spine, which can cause a lot of pain. This medicine doesn't seem to do much - perhaps it takes too long to act and I have trouble noticing it. The side effects of gastrointestinal distress is bad for me, as it seems to worsen my GERD. "

OGolly April 12, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I have taken this medication for 3 months, and it is the first time in 5 years I have been practicaly pain free!"

Anonymous November 13, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Has worked real well at controlling my arthritis. Some elevation in blood pressure noticed after 10 years of use."

Hobiecat83 March 5, 2008