User Reviews for Sulindac

Also known as: Clinoril

Sulindac has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 23 ratings on Drugs.com. 68% of those users who reviewed Sulindac reported a positive effect, while 32% reported a negative effect.

Pain
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
Summary of Sulindac reviews 6.8 23 reviews

Reviews for Sulindac

Ss396girl · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2020

For Pain: “I have been experiencing neck joint pain for past 4 months. I have been using creams, ointments, essential oils, massage therapy and OTC arthritis pain pills. I was hoping this Sulindac would be what I needed. Took the first dose and within 2 hours the ringing in my ears became quite loud. The side effects just aren't worth it.”

msnoah · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2020

Clinoril (sulindac) for Pain: “The second day on the Sulindac was my aunts 100th birthday but I didn’t get there. My breathing became rapid, my heart rate went to 141, and I was having strange episodes of chills followed by hot flashes. For a couple months after I had spells of increased heart rate 115 or so, along with the chills and hot flashes. The heart rate normalized over about a month but the chills and fever spells come back—less and less frequently—for a day or two.”

Barberlady · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “Was prescribed this drug at the lowest dose for inflammation of osteoarthritis. Took first dose with evening meal. Woke up feeling great and took another one with my breakfast as prescribed. As the day went on, I began getting horrible indigestion and intestinal cramping having to run to the bathroom often all day long. Thought I would take a couple days off to see if it was just a bug I had contracted instead of the medication maybe having side effects. I took another one just this morning and within an hour, started having very bad heartburn and then the intestinal cramps began again. Good thing I was home all day because I did nothing but run to the bathroom at least once an hour. Even taking Tums didn't seem to help. It's now 13 hrs since I took that one pill this morning and I’m finally feeling relief. Even though it helped my osteoarthritis, I will no longer be taking this medication. This day was not worth it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 6, 2012

For Osteoarthritis: “I love it! Will usually take about 2 days for it to be totally working - need to get it back into my system. Usually after a few months my stomach will start hurting just a little bit, so I go off Sulindac for a couple weeks, then back on. I sure notice the difference when not taking it. I hate hurting - can't do anything when I'm that way. Sulindac gave me my life back.”

BeegirlNJ · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2015

For Pain: “I am 37 years old and have been suffering extremely severe debilitating back pain for ten years after being hit by a drunk driver. I was always athletic and it has been heart breaking for me to spend the last ten years barely active and dying in pain everyday. After my doctors refused to give me anymore pain medication and just let me suffer; I went to a rheumatologist who prescribed this as one of my medications. This is the only one I have taken so far. I came back from a walk crippled over in pain crying. I took one 200mg dose of this medication and was able to comfortably and actively live out the rest of my day. This medication is a god send as far as I'm concerned. That was only after one dose!”

in extreme pain again · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I was diagnosed with arthritis all over my body through a bone scan...first I was given mobic...made me sick throw up etc. And made pain worse. Rheumatologist then put me on feldene (piroxicam) and it helped a lot they pain was almost gone and I could walk and drive again. My insurance stopped covering it so I was switched to sulindac and I started to take it 4 days ago. I am back to zero! Completely inflamed in severe pain it also gives me bad migraines makes me sleepy and my stomach hurts. I don't know what to do! I need to go back to the rheumatologist and try something else yet again! Why do insurance companies stop covering medications that help their patients!! This is so frustrating!”

1Jeannes April 22, 2014

For Pain: “My knee has been swollen with pain since my surgery 8 months ago. Been on other anti-inflammatory meds and nothing helped. Took Sulindac for about 2-3 weeks and the pain/swelling was gone. Unfortunately, I started getting constipated and went off it. Two days after, the pain/swelling came back. Ughh. Started to take it again until I go back to the doctors.”

JWBlack September 6, 2013

Clinoril (sulindac) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I was experiencing extreme stiffness and pain from ankylosing spondylitis and my rheumatologist put me on Clinoril, prednisone, and Azulfidine. Within two days I was feeling much better than I had felt for weeks.”

OGolly April 12, 2010

For Pain: “I take the usual dose for degenerative disc disease of shoulders and spine, which can cause a lot of pain. This medicine doesn't seem to do much - perhaps it takes too long to act and I have trouble noticing it. The side effects of gastrointestinal distress is bad for me, as it seems to worsen my GERD. ”

jlk1 April 19, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “I've severe psoriatic arthritis also that causes severe iritis... For me this was a Miracle pill for pain... Most medications ate my intestines such as Relafen. Other drugs that worked really well for me (no pain for 5-6 days) were injections of "Toridal" & "Depomedrol" at the same time (totally cleared up my iritis). The 20mg of Methotrexate injection 1x per week didn't do anything except possibly cause calf muscle cramps.”

Jackie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2018

For Gout, Acute: “Dose was 200 mg every twelve hours, however I only took as needed.... maybe five per week , sometimes only 1/2 pill. After about three months I had jaw pain several times and blood pressure was extremely high ! I was in fear of a heart attack as I have heart disease and a stent. Sulindac did ease pain to some extent; but not enough to RISK A HEART ATTACK! I stopped using it and will not take it again!!”

Pootloop aka selena threadgill · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 8, 2015

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I love what this has done for my daughter. Selena is 6 she will be 7 Dec 30th 2015 suffers from arthritis she is in chronic pain and it was difficult for her to play, walk for long periods of time, be a kid in general. we have tried other meds but have not found anything that was helping. Now she take sulindac 150mg x2 daily and she has become a whole new person”

Anonymous July 14, 2010

Clinoril (sulindac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This is my fifth try at finding something that helps me move relatively pain free through out the day. I have so far experienced no side effects.”

Anonymous November 13, 2008

For Pain: “I have taken this medication for 3 months, and it is the first time in 5 years I have been practicaly pain free!”

Sied December 28, 2010

Clinoril (sulindac) for Gout, Acute: “Highly effective”

Hobiecat83 March 5, 2008

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Has worked real well at controlling my arthritis. Some elevation in blood pressure noticed after 10 years of use.”

cheryl p March 12, 2012

Clinoril (sulindac) for Pain: “This works when nothing else does for joint pain post Cushing's disorder.”

SFNative February 13, 2011

For Gout, Acute: “During acute gout attack took Naproxen (500mg) for five days with very little relief. Then started on Sulidac (200) with almost instant relief.”

Anonymous February 3, 2015

For Gout, Acute: “Miracle medicine....almost pain free the next morning.”

Ron6565 April 4, 2014

For Gout, Acute: “Tried taking Naproxen 500mg, stomach couldnt handle it lot of cramps and it did not help pain at all. Switched to Sulindac 200mg stomach feels fine still in pain but it took the edge off.”

Anonymous November 23, 2015

For Pain: “It started working after 2 weeks. Extremely constipated.”

namo357 November 19, 2010

For Osteoarthritis: “Been on Sulindac 400MG daily for a couple of months with little or no relief.”

Snipes · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2018

For Pain: “This did not lower my temperature like it says it will, nor did it relieve any pain whatsoever . My bones feel like they’re going to break. I’m in so much pain, I can’t sleep.”