User Reviews for Zoloft to treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (Page 2)

Zoloft Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 40 medications used in the treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Reviews for Zoloft

survival · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 29, 2018

“I'm suffering from pure 'Obsessive' harm OCD and it is really exhausted I went to psychiatric and prescribed me zoloft. First it was nightmare all day suffering and anxious and worst of it mood swings that ugly side effects then 2 month later it begin to show activity .... now after 1 year it make a good job but I'm still having mood swing”

moe · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 6, 2018

“Great SSRI for OCD, depression and anxiety. Taking 150 mg a day. No weight gain and other noticeable side effects. Stick with it if you're just starting out. Takes time for it to work.”

Jojo June 21, 2018

“Zoloft really changed my life for the better. I was struggling with intrusive thoughts and rituals as part of my OCD and while Zoloft didn’t completely eradicate all that, it really helped me combat it. 150mg gave me some minor side effects, 100mg is great.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 20, 2018

“I also have social anxiety panic disorder, and something like pms. I give it a 10.”

DanaTOCD · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2018

“I have been experiencing intrusive thoughts for almost a year now. It was mainly due to my Celexa other SSRI antidepressant wasn't working as well anymore. I have been on Celexa for over 12 years. It just didn't work for me anymore and then I found Zoloft. I suffer from mild to moderate OCD and intrusive thoughts about harming myself/anything for no reason whatsoever. When I started taking 12.5 MG of Zoloft and 30MG of Celexa (Cross tapering meds), Was on 40MG. I noticed a 70% difference in my thoughts. My head was more clear, I felt more positive. Its day 6 now and its just getting better from here. This medication was a godsend to me. Just wanted to share my experience.”

Jrd · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 6, 2018

“30 yr M, diagnosed 7 mths ago. Managed med/free since age 19. My OCD comes with vocal tics (howls) and severe jerking motions when I get stuck in a mental loop. Thankfully, only when I'm alone. Went back to college and now I get debilitating panic attacks. Started Zoloft 7 months ago. Began at 25mg & bumped up in 25mg increments every few months. Now at 75 mg. Experience: The mental fog was unbearable the 1st month, no working memory at all. Couldn't keep track of anything; conversations, books, exam materials, etc.. Each dosage increase results in ~3 weeks of fog. As for anxiety, it is improved for a few weeks after each fog clearing, then levels off, letting me know it's time for a dosage change. As for tics, worsened significantly in the 1st few months; tics lasting for hours as opposed to originally just a few tics per day. Improved to a few tics every few days. Hoping they'll subside once my final dosage gets figured out.”

Rosanna3 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 6, 2017

“Have been on 150mg zoloft for a year and a half- works well but some GI distress and tingliness- Dr said to lower to 100 mg and see how I feel- I hope my body isn't only used to 150mg but will give it a go.”

Mattstevens August 26, 2017

“I was on 50 mg for a month and it seemed to help a bit. My doctor and I agreed to up to 100mg last week. Since then my anxiety and intrusive thoughts have been awful. Is this just a side effect until it balances out?!”

FlamingoPink August 8, 2017

“I switched from Lexapro to Zoloft when we were trying to conceive as it's preferred for breastfeeding. Although I actually stopped cold turkey when I got pregnant and was fine. I didn't experience any major side effects from this though. I don't think it worked quite as well as Lexapro for anxiety but it did the job.”

imnotmyocd · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2017

“I have been on this medication for exactly 20 days now, and believe me when I say it has saved my life! I dealt with extremely disturbing intrusive thoughts, leading to to severe anxiety and depression for 4 years. After almost giving up come for my life completely, I finally told my GP about my situation, he and a pysch confirmed the OCD put me on 50mg of Zoloft first week then 100mg and I finally feel like myself again! OCD is minimal and definitely manageable, to the point where it barely bothers me and I only know it'll improve because its only been 20 days! It does give a little diarrhea but its so worth it.”

Matty12345 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 18, 2017

“I previously gave this a 10. l said it changed my life but since moving cities my anxiety has gotten so bad and OCD has gotten worse - not sure if it pooped out or just circumstances or need to change meds...frustrating”

SpongeBob828 June 10, 2017

“I developed a very specific form of OCD in my early 50's that is commonly described as "Ear Worms". It is where a song or a snippet of a song gets stuck in your head and keeps playing over and over. It got so bad it was literally driving me insane. I would have a snippet playing nonstop for WEEKS! Day and night (kept me awake until I fell asleep from exhaustion). Played at work CONSTANTLY where I couldn't focus. I would be in meetings unable to pay attention because I would have a song blaring over and over in my head. After ramping up doses, I settled at 100mg/day of Zoloft which has SAVED MY LIFE! It works! I can listen to music again and not yell at my wife when she sings. And I have no side effects.”

georgeeee May 10, 2017

“I had OCD for 3 years. I could not sit down. I was eating while I was unable to concentrate on anything else than my thoughts. I would avoid going to the bathroom because I could not seat down on the toilet. In order to avoid my thoughts I was walking about 11 km per day. I would fall asleep thinking about something and in the next morning I would wake up thinking the same thing. I had the same exact thought for 3 days until something else stuck in my mind. I am taking 250 mg a day now and everything is good. The only think is that Coffee and Alcohol messes up the medication. One day after two coffees I had to take something else to calm my self down.”

Sean0810 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 30, 2017

“Worked very well for intrusive thoughts OCD for 5 months and then when I missed dosages and tried starting back on it again it stopped working. Other than that I had no problems with Zoloft.”

duderino March 29, 2017

“I started on 25mg and went up to 50mg/day for a relapse of pure-obsessional OCD. It took about a month for it to start working but this drug in combination with learning the principles of Exposure Response Prevention Therapy (ERP Therapy) - a type of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) have allowed me to regain control of my mind. The depression that came with the relapse vanished in two weeks, anxiety and intrusive thoughts slowly dissipated/reduced in intensity about a month afterwards. I feel normal again and I couldn't be happier. If you're one of the unlucky folks who have been blessed with OCD, give sertraline (Zoloft) a shot. Just make sure to combine it with therapy otherwise it won't be as effective.”

xoxobecca619 · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2017

“I have been on this medication for two days and I have had a significant improvement in obsessive thoughts and my anxiety. I had insomnia last night, but I heard that subsides. I have tons of energy and want to go do things I had lost interest in doing. I don't know if this is just going to be in the beginning, but I have read it only gets better. I have a little nausea, but I have stomach problems as well so I'm used to it. I will put an update later on. I am going to stick this out! update: two weeks on zoloft and my OCD going insane. going to up to 50mg tomorrow. will update.”

MuchHappier · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 1, 2017

“I started Zoloft because I was struggling with obsessive, repetitive thoughts about bad things happening to my children which made me anxious all the time. The first 3 weeks were hell. Even the Klonopin the doctor gave me to get through it didn't help. It felt like my anxiety levels tripled. I could barely function. Between weeks 4-5 I transitioned to just feeling as anxious as I had been before. Then it felt like a balloon was inflating inside my head (in a good way), and the anxious thoughts were bouncing off the balloon instead of being allowed to collect and swirl around torturing me. Then I started having moments of feeling GOOD. And those moments grew into my new reality. My anxiety is 90% better. Zoloft gave me a new life.”

TSG from Indonesia please read January 18, 2017

“Hi All Im a young man 24 years old, I have several issues with my brain since many years ago.... I have a Major Depression, GAD, SAD, OCD, and Panic Disorder. I've been tried many option, I tried Hypnotherapy, Emotional Therapy, CBT , also I been to some psychiatrist in Indonesia and Singapore. Finally I met the best psychiatrist in my country, and with him I found best med and finally cure my problem. You all have to try this too and talk to your psychiatrist to ask for prescription. Every Morning I take 1mg Ativan and Every Night I take 5mg Zyprexa and 150mg Zoloft Please try this, please.. Enjoy your life.. Also CBT is good as well...”

Sad Face · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 10, 2016

“I'm a 28 year old female and took generic Setraline (APO-Setraline) prescribed by my doctor for treatment of my OCD for about a year. It worked pretty well and my obsessive thoughts were less intrusive and I felt at peace and happier. It also caused my metabolism to spike so I was losing weight. However after about 2 months, I started developing painful cystic acne. For a long time, I didn't link it to the Setraline I was taking as it wasn't a listed side effect. However, after trial and error of eliminating other causes, I finally decided to stop my Setraline to see if there could possibly be a link. Unfortunately, it really was the cause. By then, my face has been scarred so badly I really regret taking this med. :'(”

Zovy76 · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 29, 2016

“It took a while, but Zoloft has been a total lifesaver for me. I had severe OCD/anxiety and later on depression as well. Anyone who's ever had crippling anxiety knows what mental torture it is. I was so afraid to try Zoloft but finally gave in when I felt like I had nothing to lose. I was on 50mg and the first few days I only felt a little dizzy but nothing else. On day 11, I first noticed some kind of shift. I remember looking at a tree and for the first time in years feeling joy, like I felt as a kid, and just enjoying its beauty vs fearing getting killed by a falling branch. About 6 weeks in I felt less tense overall but still felt it could be better. Started 100mg and my anxiety is gone. I feel normal again! Please give this a try!”

Matty1234 November 10, 2016

“I was on lexapro for years before it pooped out and it helped alright.Finally switched to zoloft 150 mg and it did take 2-3 months but ever since I have never felt better. No more OCD/anxiety, I'm a new person, it literally saved my life. 10-10 would recommend and hoping it works for the rest of my life”

Laura Yang November 3, 2016

“I am a 32 year old female who just started taking Zoloft for my OCD. I have been on it for two days and right now I'm having the worst headache ever. I rarely ever get headaches and they're never this bad. Could the Zoloft be causing this? I'm reading all of these wonderful stories about how it helps with OCD and I just don't know if I can keep taking it if I have this side effect. I'm at my wits end with all of these drugs and I just want to live a normal, healthy life without obsessions and compulsions. But the way, I have bipolar disorder, as well. I am on mood stabilizers and Neurontin.”

Obsessed&Depressed · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 8, 2016

“I was prescribed this for OCD, PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder and severe depression. First, it didn't do so much, if anything, for my depression. In fact, I had less energy and experienced apathy on this drug . That being said, when it came to my OCD, hyper-vigilance & anxiety, this drug was a miracle drug. It took away 85% of my obsessions & became apathetic to my rituals. Unfortunately, after being on this for 5-6 years (and being above the absolute maximum dose @ 250mg), I've been experiencing major "poop-out" effect. I'm worried that something is not going to work as well and work with the very minimal side effects that I experienced with Zoloft, as I have exhausted countless drugs.”

Ash Ketchum September 10, 2016

“I have OCD & PTSD. Zoloft is the only medication I've been prescribed. I have been taking it for 3 months, but am overjoyed at the results. I started at 25 mg. It took a month to start working. The first thing that I noticed was that I didn't feel as depressed anymore, and I lost the urge to do most of my compulsions. I am now taking 50 mg and barely have any anxiety anymore, and intrusive thoughts do not bother me anymore, though I do frequently have nightmares similar to the intrusive thoughts I used to have. I also have headaches and occasional diarrhea, but the benefits far outweigh these minor inconveniences.”

kyriej · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 26, 2016

“30/F. I developed severe anxiety due to obsessive "bang your head against a wall to make it stop" intrusive thoughts at age 7. I "grew out" of it as I got older, but it hit back in full swing at 18. After years of walking around with a constant stomachache and having obsessive thought-induced panic attacks (all while living a "normal" life) I finally went to see a doctor. I started out at 50mg and later bumped up to 100. First few days felt like I had mild morning sickness and brain fog, but faded quickly. The only real lasting symptom is restless legs/sleeplessness at night, and I'd rather be awake and restless than awake and hysterical. I do think about/initiate sex less, but have found that (for me) getting started anyway does the trick.”

Learn more about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder