User Reviews for Rybelsus to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Rybelsus has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 140 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2. 44% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 35% reported a negative experience.

Rybelsus rating summary

5.7/10 average rating

Compare all 161 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Rybelsus

Jarin · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 30, 2020

“This med Rybelsus is awesome. It has helped me bring my A1C down to 5.1 from a high of 9.7. I first started with the 3mg and am now on the 14mg. Been on this med since March and while I did experience some nausea and mild upset stomach it went away after about a week. It has also helped me lose 50lbs as well. I also take with metformin. I should be the poster child for this drug...even though I'm 50.”

Anne · December 28, 2020

“I started taking Rybelsus at the beginning of August for weight loss. The biggest con for me is that it causes constipation and then usually diarrhea when I finally do go to the restroom. I have only had issues with nausea when I try to eat past the point of being comfortable. It is also important to try to eat something within an hour of taking the medication. When I first started on the medicine, I could only eat a few bites of food and then would feel extremely full and bloated and would have to stop. Now, It is 4 full months later and I am on the 14mg and I can continue to eat beyond a few bites without feeling miserable, but I try to stop as soon as I am full. I have, so far, lost 30 lbs with no exercise and have gone from a size 12/14 to a size 6/8. Diabetes does run in my family, so I am hoping continued use of this drug may help prevent the development of diabetes in the future.”

The Duchess of Fair Oaks · Taken for less than 1 month · April 6, 2021

“It’s been a week on Rybelsus 3mg. I feel pretty good (except for seasonal allergies). No nausea, no vomiting, no diarrhea, smaller appetite. I am prediabetic with BMI >30. I would like to lose 30 to 40 pounds. I think Rybelsus will help me. (Prior to taking Rybelsus, I was fasting (16hour/8hour) and exercising EVERY day and STILL gaining weight.) I think Rybelsus will help. I weigh daily, and I am beginning to see the numbers ever so slightly trend down. I am optimistic. I will start 7mg after 30 days. I hope to come back here and share my journey with you.”

2Timer Unspoken Sons MC · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 18, 2021

“For 2 years my diabetes went out of control, to the point that I started having some mental issues, like brain fog. My Doctor put me on 3mg Rybelsus. The first two weeks it was a bit of a struggle. Nothing I couldn't handle. Just nausea and no desire to eat. A month in my Doctor took me up to 7mg. The first week at 7mg. Same nausea but after the week ended. It was gone. I still don't have a major appetite. Which is excellent. My blood sugar is 104 at this moment. I've lost so far 24 pounds so far in 6 weeks. I love this stuff. I also feel much better and I can actually think with out the fog. I recommend it”

Koobs · May 1, 2021

“I have been taking rybelsus for 6 months. At first I was nauseous and had bad sulfur burps. But, it went away. My a1c is the best it's been in 9 years. I have had a hard go at treating my diabetes, as most other oral medications and daily infections, just made life harder. Now, my numbers are 6.7 and I have lost a significant amount of weight. 335lb to 285lb, with minimal effort. It definitely suppresses my appetite. I've read you can only lose a few pounds, but, I feel like a lucky one.”

Gumbo · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 28, 2020

“I’ve been on rybelsus since 1 December at a dose of 3 mg. January 1 started 7mg. I don’t like taking medication and was scared of this medication due to other reviews I have read. I am very pleased with the outcome. I lost 5 lbs with very little exercise. My side effects were nausea and lost of appetite. Nausea only occurred when I ate junk food and sweets. A1c down from 7 > 6.2. Plus I do not take any other meds for diabetes. Hope my review will help others. February 28.”

joe C. · November 20, 2020

“I first took the 3mg dose for 30 days, I had no side effects and it is really controlling my appetite. Now I am on 7mg so far my weight was 242, I have been on Rybelsus for about 4 months weight now is 215 hoping to lose more. No side effects feel better, light food craving. I hope to stay on this for 4 more months. Thanks Ryblesus. joe .c .”

Jeny · November 29, 2020

“My Dr put me on Rybelsus in March/April 2020. I will admit the nausea was pretty bad for about the first month but I stuck to it because it was really working well on my blood sugar. Since I started I have lost 42 lbs!! I have not been dieting but I do have some outdoor projects that required physical labor, like shoveling dirt, clearing brush, moving stones, etc. The nausea only comes back when my sugar is low and I really need to eat. I don’t even get a growling stomach anymore. I would recommend Rybelsus to anyone looking to manage your blood sugar and lose some weight.”

Saidie3 · October 17, 2020

“Dr. ordered 3mg 30 days ago to be added to Metformin 2000mg. Blood sugars have decreased to from 200-350 range to 120-150 range. Weight reduced by 14#. I experienced nausea and fullness for first two weeks. That has tapered off yet the appetite suppression has continued. After a month Dr. is pleased with the results as am I. He has ordered me to continue on the 3mg and the insurance I have has agreed to cover it with a copay I can afford. I am so grateful for this new med!”

Cando · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 29, 2020

“When I first started the 3mg of Rybelsus, the nausea for the first 3 weeks was nearly unbearable. However, like magic, around day 21, it stopped. I don’t feel as full as I did at the beginning now that I’m starting my second month of 7mg. However, I continue to lose weight with diet and exercise. If you’re struggling at the beginning - hold on for 30 days - it might pass like it did for me!”

Dori · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 21, 2020

“I started taking Rybelsus 3mg. Was nauseous at first and constipated. I was also belching a lot. After 2 weeks, that seemed to stop. I've been on the 7mg for 17 days and the nausea, indigestion, stomach pain and now diarrhea have been almost unbearable and are getting worse. I've also started feeling panicky and anxiety in the middle of the night with rapid heartbeat. I'm stopping the 7mg tomorrow and calling my doctor. I can't feel like this at Christmas. Going to see if she will put me back on 3mg. My A1C was 9.0. I have no idea what it is now. I've also lost 18 lbs because I can barely eat anything. This isn't worth it.”

Amie · Taken for less than 1 month · February 13, 2022

“I was very frightened after reading the reviews. I am 52 and had gained from 130 pounds to 158 the most I have every weighed in my life. Stated the 3mg 3 weeks ago and have lost 10 pounds and no side effects other than occasional slight nausea. My appetite has decreased but for the better. I am walking 3 miles a day and eating very healthy. Stopped drinking soda now only flavored water. I consider this a miracle. Never lost weight this quickly. Happy as heck. Will continue the 3 mg and recheck A1C. So far this rocks. If it enables me to get in control of my eating and lose to a healthy weight to better my overall health then I call it a huge success. Love love love it!!!!!!!”

CADoctor · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 13, 2020

“I’m prediabetic, Ha1c 5.7. And I’ve been struggling to loose weight for 20 years. I have an excellent diet but I eat too much. I’m hungry all the time. I started Rybelsus (paying out of pocket-Ouch) to see if it’s worth hassling my insurance company to a. On 3 mg I felt nothing, no nausea, but +loose stools. When I went to 7 mg I felt nausea for 1 hour after taking the pill and decreased appetite the rest of the day. I am easily staying on my 1400-1500 calorie diet, which has never been easy for me in the past. At 1 month of 7 mg I’ve lost 8 pounds (255 to 247) and very encouraged. The science behind this medicine is inspiring.”

jo · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 15, 2020

“Dr put me on Rybelsus since I had bad luck with trulicity and feeling sick every time I took the shot. The first month of the dose 3mg I noticed I never ate, I had a complete lack of appetite. I was exhausted, weird dreams and a constant feeling of anxiety. Sometime insomnia. I put up with it. Second round with the 7 mg. The first day I was sicker than heck. I felt like I was on a cliff dangling, my anxiety turned into panic rapid heartbeat and unable to sleep. I stopped after day 4. Called dr left a message and she never got back to me. I am debating trying to take a 7mg every other day maybe or go back to the 3mgs and see if there is a difference now that it is almost out of my system. It is brutal to the body. The warnings say nothing about the anxiety feelings or the insomnia.”

Jan · March 26, 2021

“I started on Rybelsus and only took 4 doses. I didn’t get terrible stomach upset but my abdomen went completely numb. I’ve been off of the medication for 4 days and am still completely numb. Went to ER and they ran blood work and CAT scan, all was normal. I went to chiropractor and again all was normal. Numbness is listed as rare side effect on drugs.com website which my chiropractor looked up. My endocrinologist isn’t helpful, and I called Rybelsus and they were less than helpful. I’ve now spent hundreds of dollars. I’m very concerned and praying this goes away. I am so numb it hurts to touch my skin. Beware of this medication!”

FatTim · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 27, 2021

“My A1c has been hovering around 7 and my weight was creeping up so my doc suggested this. I started on the 3 and the nausea and projectile vomiting was rough...indeed I didn’t think I could handle it. Then I discovered if I take it when I wake in the small hours to pee if I took it then I had almost no problems. I’m now up to the 15mg dose and so far I’ve gone from around 255lb to about 220lb and falling. Two whole jean sizes...haven’t done new labs yet...but the weight loss is remarkable...it’s also quite weird to essentially almost never feel hungry anymore”

siva · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 10, 2020

“My dr. put me on Rybelsus as I had high blood sugar. I had too much difficulty taking the 3 mg with nausea, diarrhea, and Headache. I planned to quit but I read the reviews here. I somehow managed my symptoms and tried harder. My dr. then increased dosage to 7 mg. Rybelsus was able to bring my blood sugar levels from 10.6 to 5.6 almost normal levels in a period of 3 months. If anyone planning to quit please persevere and the results are amazing. It practically stops your cravings for food and helps you stabilize. Another miracle was that I was finally able to quit coffee in the morning as I get migraine without it. Compared to the nausea and diarrhea and the churning of the stomach, migraine wasn't big of a deal and I finally went without taking coffee. This is really a miracle drug for Diabetes. Thank you.”

Bunk · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 11, 2020

“I have read a lot of the comments. This medication has helped lower my A1C. I am down from a 8.1 to a 6.5. When I started it , I was weighing 238 pounds now I weigh 217. I was wearing a size 18W/20W now I am at size 16W. I don't want to get too small. I like the way my clothes fit on me. The only thing that I have read about taking this medicine is that it can cause Thyroid cancer. So I may stop taking it.”

Psyop74 · Taken for less than 1 month · September 28, 2020

“Started on Rybelsus 20 days ago after I went in to see my doctor and my A1C was 11, this is while I was also taking pioglidazone and 2000mg metformin. After being on it for only 20 days it has brought my blood sugar average down from 269 to 131. My 14 day glucose is 114, and my 7 day average is down to 109. I am hopeful that my next A1C reading will be 5.6. I did notice a little looser stool when I started it, but nothing worse then when I started Metformin. So far, So good. My only complaint is how expensive it is! I may not be able to continue it because of the cost.”

Ashscott · May 12, 2021

“My endocrinologist prescribed this to help with PCOS. I weighed 211lb and started on 3mg and lost 6 lbs while walking for 2 miles a day most days for a month. I was bumped up to 7mg, but insurance wouldn't cover it and I ended up gaining the weight back after trying Victoza and Byetta. My insurance changed and my endocrinologist started me back on it at 7mg since I already had Byetta in my system. During this time, I found out I have Ehlers-Danlos and was recommended to start weight lifting to help strengthen my muscles and lost 13 lbs in a little over a month which I'm sure exercise has helped contribute. My menstrual cycle has been regular and on time for the first time in 4 years. I haven't had any major side effects other than a little nausea when I first take it in the morning and diarrhea, but I had that issue beforehand. I know a lot of people have said the side effects are terrible, but it hasn't been for me and you should certainly give it a try. It's honestly been wonderful.”

Missy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · August 14, 2020

“Started Rybelsus when it first came out in October 2019. Took 3 mg at first and my glucose levels started to rise. Changed to 14mg and was on that for 6 mos. Glucose went very low - I was tired and weak. A1C went from 10.1 to 5.2. Changed to 7 mg. and feel so much better, glucose levels are still within normal limits. I've had no side-effects and great results. I do take this with 5mg of Glipizide - once a day. Have tried many diabetic drugs and Rybelsus has worked the best. I've had a slight weight loss ...under 10lbs. So glad I tried this drug. It's a winner in my book.”

Isabel · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 24, 2020

“My endocrinologist prescribed 3 mg to start because the B12 depletion from metformin (I have b12 anemia) was not good and constant yeast infections from Forxiga were very annoying. At first, I noticed a major appetite decline. There was a bit of nausea for the first 2 weeks. I started the 7 mg after a month and while I've been experiencing constipation, I am so happy about the weight loss. I've been on Rybesus for 10 weeks and have lost 10 lbs. My latest random glucose test had me at 5.7, down from 6.3 - 7 over the previous few months. I am happy about fewer carb cravings and will stay on Rybelsus as long as I can. I am lucky my health plan covers it because it's quite expensive.”

Sue · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · July 25, 2021

“I started this 7mg along with 1000mg of Metformin in August of 2020 and I have lost over 65 pounds. I was insulin resistant and could not lose weight regardless of my diet. I’m 56 years old and this has been the easiest weight loss I have ever had and I have done it all. I did begin with a low carb diet but now I eat what I want in moderation. It had definitely helped with my appetite and I feel full quickly. I am under a doctors supervision and go monthly and all of my numbers are great. It may not work for everyone but for me it’s been a lifesaver.”

Mikilol2 · Taken for less than 1 month · June 16, 2021

“I am on week 2 with Rybelsus. I started week one with 3mg. No side effects, no weight loss, slight nausea and greater appetite. I need to lose 20 lbs and instead, I am hungry all the time. Called my doctor. He told me to double up on the 3 mg, bringing it up to 6 mg. Still, no side effects, very slight nausea but increased appetite. Ugh! I want it to work so much. I will stick to it and see what happens.”

Clarity · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 12, 2020

“I just got my A1C after 3.5 months on Rybelsus (one month at 3 mg and 2.5 at 7 mg), and I’m very excited that it’s dropped from 7.8 to 6.5! I have had some side effects - mainly stomach pain, gas, and occasional constipation-but the results are worth it. I haven’t had any significant weight loss, but my BMI was under 27 to start with, and because we had Thanksgiving recently I normally would have gained a couple of pounds. If you have just started and are having side effects, try to hang in there. The first month was the worst for me.”