Generic name: SEMAGLUTIDE 3mg
Dosage form: oral tablet
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 16, 2020.
Important Administration Instructions
- Instruct patients to take RYBELSUS at least 30 minutes before the first food, beverage, or other oral medications of the day with no more than 4 ounces of plain water only [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)]. Waiting less than 30 minutes, or taking RYBELSUS with food, beverages (other than plain water) or other oral medications will lessen the effect of RYBELSUS by decreasing its absorption. Waiting more than 30 minutes to eat may increase the absorption of RYBELSUS.
- Swallow tablets whole. Do not split, crush, or chew tablets.
- Start RYBELSUS with 3 mg once daily for 30 days. The 3 mg dose is intended for treatment initiation and is not effective for glycemic control.
- After 30 days on the 3 mg dose, increase the dose to 7 mg once daily.
- Dose may be increased to 14 mg once daily if additional glycemic control is needed after at least 30 days on the 7 mg dose.
- Taking two 7 mg RYBELSUS tablets to achieve a 14 mg dose is not recommended.
- If a dose is missed, the missed dose should be skipped, and the next dose should be taken the following day.
Switching Patients between OZEMPIC and RYBELSUS
- Patients treated with RYBELSUS 14 mg daily can be transitioned to OZEMPIC subcutaneous injection 0.5 mg once weekly. Patients can start OZEMPIC the day after their last dose of RYBELSUS.
- Patients treated with once weekly OZEMPIC 0.5 mg subcutaneous injection can be transitioned to RYBELSUS 7 mg or 14 mg. Patients can start RYBELSUS up to 7 days after their last injection of OZEMPIC. There is no equivalent dose of RYBELSUS for OZEMPIC 1 mg.
More about Rybelsus (semaglutide)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 7 Reviews
- Drug class: incretin mimetics
- FDA Approval History
Other brands: Ozempic