User Reviews for Rosuvastatin

Also known as: Crestor

Learn more about Rosuvastatin.

Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease 1 reviews 6 medications

High Cholesterol 70 reviews 48 medications

6.4
Summary of Rosuvastatin reviews 82 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Rosuvastatin

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: "Dont know nothing bout nothin---cept been taken this magic pill 15 years--changes my life--cardiologist says I am fine--but without crestor-cant breathe or get out of bed--lots chest pains--think your dying--crestor takes it all away-- cardio specialist says no heart problems- highly recommend--everybody differt-best wishes for your good health"

OLD AND DYING (taken for 10 years or more) September 23, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I've taken most of the statins. I ALWAYS ended up with leg cramps. At 44, I had to have a Stent placed due to a 95% blockage. And that's when I started seeing my cardiologist. Upon hearing of the leg cramps, he ran a simple blood test and told me that my vitamin D was extremely low (4) and the real cause of the cramps. I now take 50k iu of vitamin D 3x weekly. I have NEVER had a cramp on Crestor, except when I forgot to take my vitamin D. As soon as I started the D back up, the cramps ceased. Even at 50k iu 3x weekly, my regulnar blood tests indicate that my vitamin D is now in the normal range (>29). And my cholesterol went from over 300 to down around 150. If u have cramps, I recommend the D check."

K9Scooby (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 14, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Worst Medication EVER!! allergic reactions and cramps in leg from Losartan Mar, 2015, ended up on crutches, doc misdiagnosed fell on crutch broke rt wrist, metal plate in it now.Surgery on wrist, MRI showed complete torn ligament in rt ankle, Surgery on ankle, Dilauded 4 months, doc put me on Crestor/BP Meds, had a stroke, wheelchair bound,ran out of crestor/6 weeks, finally walking with cane, Doc put me back on Crestor. Allergic reaction to crestor after 2 months, rapid heart, dizzy, leg swelling,pains in chest,Massive leg cramps, Now left foot is barely usable, another ligament torn possibly,Then Mini Stroke, Dr stopped Crestor, Now I have Iron Deficiency ISSUES. Been off Crestor since June but all these side effects are still haunting."

Cindycan'twalk August 21, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Currently on Crestor 20mg but I cut it in half and only take maybe twice/week and experiencing mild joint aches, upset stomach in the AM hours after taking before bedtime the night before. I also tend to forget minor things such as keys in the truck, lunch in the fridge for work but not to often. I am 44 years old and have been on med for about 3 years now. I believe I will ask doctor to prescribe a milder med if possible on my next appointment."

E. P. G August 17, 2016

For High Cholesterol: "I am a diabetic and although I eat healthy and exercise even though my cholesterol for a normal person is ideal, for a diabetic person is too high. So my doctor put me on this medication and told me the most common complain from her patients are muscle cramping. However when this cramping is affecting my daily life and work life, (it mainly affects my arms muscles) I believe this is not the right medication for me. I'm awaiting for my family doctor to call me and reassess the situation. As for the efficiency of the medication, I really don't know since I haven't had a blood work since I started taking the medication."

CYDA68 August 8, 2016

For High Cholesterol: "Was put on Rosuvastatin after angioplasty. Weird chest and lungs pain. As if someone stabbing in chest. Pain worsened after lying down. Unable to sleep well. All these symptoms went away after stopping Rosuvastatin. Meeting my cardiologist next week to see if any other Statin like Pitvastatin could be tried."

anil45865 (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I took crestor for about two years with minor side effects. Since I turned 65, I noticed my leg muscles ( hamstrings, Knees) were hurting. I stopped taking Crestor and my legs feel better. The drug did help lower my cholesterol but my legs were killing me and I had trouble walking due the stiffness and pain. While I am not 100% certain my leg pain was due to Crestor, it certainly looks that way.It has only been 6 days since I stopped."

Anonymous July 16, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Was on Simvastin (40 mg) and within two days had severe shooting pains in knees. Starting cutting in half and pain dissipated. Told doctor I was cutting in half and reason and instead of lowering dosage, they switched me to crestor (40 mg). After about 10 doses, finger joints began to swell and pain with hip joint pain. Stopped taking. It's been 5 weeks and fingers still are painful and stiff making everyday tasks hard. Am back to cutting dosages in half. Will post if that makes a difference and my blood fat improves."

Mehki227 (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "My LDL is high HDL is low and triglycerides are high. Dr. Recommend me for Crestor 5 mg. initially I couldn't recognise the leg pain and numbness. I couldn't sleep for several night while on this medicine for few days. I stopped taking Crestor after reading its reviews and that stopped my leg pain. I am 35 years old and decided to go with fish oil, healthy diet and exercise."

Maddy007 (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "At age 65 my cholesterol reading creeped past borderline to high. I was put on 5mg of Crestor. After only one month, my LDL went from 167 to 79. At first I took at bedtime but noticed some minor leg pain. I switched to taking with evening meal and pain stopped."

Sandra RM May 25, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Very good"

Scott12345 May 23, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Within 3 days of taking Crestor 10 mg I got terrible leg cramps, headaches , nausea and weakness. On top of that I had awful dreams that were scary. Within one week I gained 8 pounds. I felt sick. Got off of it and just did exercise and watched my diet closely. Lost 16 pounds in a month and 3 months later my cholesterol went down from 350 to 169. I feel so much better and all the bad symptoms went away. Creator is not for everyone."

Granma66 April 6, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I'm 45 years old and have always felt like I was in good health. Non-smoker and have never had a weight problem. However, blood tests from the last few years have revealed that I have a problem with high cholesterol and triglycerides. Eight weeks ago, when my triglyceride number was a shocking 583 and LDL over 200, my doctor insisted that I needed some help to bring these numbers into a healthy range. Reluctantly, I agreed. I was prescribed 20mg of Crestor daily at bedtime. It scared me to death to read reviews on Crestor and statin drugs in general and I almost didn't even give it a chance but also committed to making some changes in lifestyle. For example, I started skipping most of the sweet, fatty foods and actually paying attention to serving sizes and TRYING to stick closer to recommended allowances. I have also been going on brisk, half-hour walks at least 5 days a week. Nothing tremendously difficult but something that has required consistency. After eight weeks of using Crestor and living a little differently, I am happy to report that my Triglycerides are now down to a mere 67 and my LDL level is down to 57. I’ve also lost 15lbs and I wasn’t overweight to begin with. I expected the numbers to show improvement but I was shocked to see them this good! What's more is that I have not noticed any of the negative side effects mentioned by so many. Trust me, I was looking out for those for any excuse to stop taking it. I will mention a positive side effect I was not expecting. I've been burdened with IBS (irritable Bowel Syndrome) for many years. I've just lived with it and been careful about how long I might be away from a bathroom. Interestingly enough, since I have been on Crestor, I have been much more regular and, well, solid. Maybe that is TMI but I have appreciated the change. People seem to be more motivated to write a review about anything if they are displeased. I'm taking a different approach, my experience with Crestor, so far, has been very good and I am very excited about the results."

Pikester April 5, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I had triglycerides of 400 . Was put on crestor 5mg. After a month they were down to 280. By 5 weeks my legs and arms would wake me up at night with horrible aches. My feet got so bad I would get out of bed and have to hold on because the muscles were numb. Went back to the dr. take it 3x a week now. No side affects. With coupon online I pay 1.00 for 30 day supply. Shop around. Go back in 2 weeks will see if 3 times a week helps lower the t. at all."

not a robot March 22, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I am a physician and I started Crestor 5 mg since 1 year and after 6 months my cardiologist increase the dose to 10 mg once daily Liver enzymes were ok However, I have suffered of severe pain at my upper back muscles and this pain was persistent and not relived by rest I got the feeling that with any minor exercise all my muscles start to be so painful and aching. I have red all your reviews below and I decided to lower the dose and take Crestor every other day and I will see If the pain will disappear or not and I will discuss that as well with my cardiologist."

MohamedElshaar March 3, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Jonboy, in response to your concern over the cost of Crestor, I have been paying $50 for a 3 month supply of this medication, with my health insurance. However, the last time that I was at the pharmacy a man on line informed me that his wife pays $3 for the 3 month supply. And, no I'm not kidding. I actually looked up the website on my phone (with a little help from the clerk). Please look at all the Crestor websites and research the coupon. Since the coupon is in the computer, I'm told I will be paying this amount for the next year. Good luck"

KAKeats February 19, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "After having unwanted side affects with two other statins, my PCP suggested trying Crestor. This was about 6 years ago. Since then, as he states it, I could be the poster boy for Crestor. At only a 5mg/day dosage my cholesterol level has dropped from ~290 to consistently below 200 with no side affects. My only concern is there is no generic alternative and it is VERY expensive when the insurance companies declare that it's not in their formulary of preventive medications. I've been lucky that my PCP has been able to convince the ins co that I can't tolerate an alternative, so have not had to pay for the medication for the past several years (treated as preventative). That's changing now that I'm retired and have to go to new insurance"

Jonboy1151 February 6, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I began on Crestor in 2013. I could not tolerate simvastatin or pravastatin but was told that Crestor was different. After a week on this med I developed severe pain in my legs .I stopped it but the pain did not go away. Three years later I am still in pain, can not climb stairs or get out of a chair. My muscle in my thighs and rear are wasting away.Five Neurologists have failed to help me."

Bedhead February 1, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Unbearable muscle pain, both wrist, both arms shoulders, right side, numbness in feet. I missed 1 dose and had no pain that's what brought me to this site to read the side effects."

G-Baby December 28, 2015

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for Atherosclerosis: "Severe pain in joints. had to reduce med"

Anonymous December 23, 2015

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Gained 8 pounds in two months, wearing a splint for my left wrist due to extreme tendon/muscle pain, can't lift anything. Also noticed that I can't lift any of the weights that I used to be able to at gym as my upper body isn't as strong as it used to be. Had blood work yesterday so I don't know if it lowered my cholesterol (300 range) but Dr. is taking me off (5mg) it for a month."

LAdder November 12, 2015

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Crestor brought down my cholesterol, however, I've experienced insomnia, leg cramps and, last night, the worst nightmare of my life which woke me at 2:30 a.m. and I never could go back to sleep. I'm not taking any more."

Summertime1935 August 27, 2015

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Been on Crestor for almost a month. 20 mg daily for genetic high cholesterol. Triglycerides started at 1100! I immediately noticed the muscle weakness and belly pains. My hips knees and ankles ache constantly!!!"

Aprilleigh August 25, 2015

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I took Caduet which contains Lipitor for two years and had leg cramps and developed a chronic cough with asthma. I got off the medication and started taking Crestor 5mg and I love it. No cramps no cough and it lowered my cholesterol even at the reduced dosage."

R. Reeves July 20, 2015

For High Cholesterol: "I was switched by veteran's administration medical hospital along with all va patients from lipitor to rosuvastatin mid 2000? I am 66 and my cholesterol is under 160 with lipitor it barely stayed at 200 I was very excited at the recent results from rex hospital in raleigh, nc."

SMITTY48 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 16, 2015