User Reviews for Rosuvastatin systemic

6.2

Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease

Summary of Rosuvastatin reviews 6.6 115 reviews

Reviews for Rosuvastatin

For High Cholesterol: "I had been on vytorin for years with fabulous results. The results were so good my doctor said to take one Mon, Wed & Friday. Results were still fantastic. Then I went on Medicare and was forced to switch to Rosuvastatin calcium 40 mg. I have noticed I have been dizzy. I have never been dizzy. My stomach just feels weird all of the time like it needs an antacid. My stomach never felt weird before. I think the warning label for this product says DO NOT TAKE AN ANTACID. I will go back to buying my meds out of Canada if the insurance co. doesn't relent and let me go back to Vytorin."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Destroyed my muscles. Started in legs and spread. Stopped taking two years ago and muscle pain and weakness has not improved. Some recent studies suggest may be permanent. Statins are poison."

Anonymous October 7, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for Hyperlipoproteinemia: "I have been on Crestor on and off for a couple of months. I was put on 10mg per day, but the side effects were horrendous; severe muscle and joint pain, fatigue ......and general misery. Dosage was reduced to 10mg twice a week and still have pain, but not as severe. It has reduced cholesterol from 9.4 to 5.8, but haven't had it checked again since reduction. Cardiologist said it will probably gone up a bit and if able to tolerate higher dose to try."

beckynoohurts September 18, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for Atherosclerosis: "Used for 4 months...some constipation at the beginning...which is no longer a problem...cholesterol level decreased by over 60percent....combined with diet changes"

Rob (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for Hyperlipoproteinemia: "My cholesterol was 370 in 2008. It dropped to 250 in first 6 months. I started with 20mg per day and then in 2010 I was increased to 40mg per day. Currently my cholesterol is a total of 148. and still dropping."

Ben (taken for 10 years or more) August 30, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I’m using Crestor for my cholesterol but I have noticed I’m getting horrible leg pains. Is this a side effect of this medicine. Does anybody else has experience the same side effects or this is normal."

Laflacadedorado (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "Took 5mg daily for about two months. Developed severe joint and muscle pain in shoulders and thigh. Discontinued use. The medicine did lower my cholesterol but I was able to subsequently lower my cholesterol almost as much by changing my diet and increase physical activity."

Shop owner (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "I had a level 181 for LDL even watching my diet and so my dr. prescribed 5mg rosuvastatin a month ago. My LDL l has dropped to 105 Wow! Amazing results I have arthritis and haven't felt any additional body aches or secondary effects due to this medicine. Recommended 100 %"

Jess (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I had taken crestor for two months and noticed that my hair was falling out"

micacat June 25, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "Side effects were overall muscular pain especially at night. Burning hands sensation. Blood glucose levels (BGL) elevated. Dizziness to the point where I remained in my home, didn’t drive, visit anyone. This aggravated my depression. I refuse to take this medication after about 3 months. Not worth the side effects"

Radar (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I had a massive heart attack 14 years ago and was put on Lipitor. I could not handle the muscle cramps. I was then put on Crestor, again I could not handle the cramps. Years later, now, I have very high cholesterol levels and have been put on Crestor again but told to take it every second day 10 mg and to take ubiquinol a couple of hours before. This is coenzyme Q 10. I still got cramping in my fingers and shooting pains up my arms so have cut it down to 5 mg every second day and it seems to be tolerable. Seems I can handle a low-dose. Hopefully it’s better than nothing."

Willy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "Took 10mg, 20mg now 40mg Crestor from age 38 to now 52. Had good Chol reading til the last 6m when had to change to generic. My LDL & Total Chol have gone up 100pts. My MD questioned if I was even taking it. Hold scheme of statins are questionable. I am having unbearable muscle pains. Feels bruised, tight & sore. I need to be ck'd for fibromyalgia. I am fatigued with no energy. Waiting a few more months before going back to ck my readings to determine for sure the generic is not working."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "Been taking 20 mg each night since Nov. and besides mild joint pain upon awakening during the first month (pain has since disappeared), I’ve had no other complications. I was prescribed these over a year ago for high cholesterol (265), but would not take them because I read so many bad reviews. I tried very hard for almost a year to lower my cholesterol w/strict diet & exercise but could only lower it to 250. Then in Nov. I experienced pain in my chest and upper arms so bad, it forced me to go to the ER where I was found to have blockages to my heart. I needed 2 stents inserted & was put on this statin while in the hospital. I am writing this review mainly to let people know that not everyone has severe side effects. If not for being scared off by bad reviews, I would have definitely taken this med when first prescribed and maybe not have needed stents. This med worked great to lower my cholesterol down to 142 within weeks & I am pretty much eating whatever I want."

bettie March 7, 2018

For Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: "When taking just 1/2 dose every other day my face feels hot and is very red I skipped it for a week and same time occurred the day after taking it"

Granny75 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I've been taking rosuvastatin for about two months now and had a blood test taken after five weeks on it. Overall levels went from 266 to 147, LDL 169 to 73, HDL 48 to 44, and Trigs from 250 to 150. I didn't really make much effort to change diet as I wanted to get a good idea of what the drug was doing on its own. I will make necessary diet changes and try to get the numbers down a bit more so that I can either take the medication less often or perhaps switch a lower dose. Fortunately, I'm not experiencing any adverse side effects. Seems to be a pretty effective drug if you can tolerate it."

NorthernGent (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I was using Crestor (brand name version) for 2 years, until my insurance changed and I started having to pick up the entire tab myself, which was $920 per 90 day supply. I then switched to Atorvastatin (Lipitor), which doesn't work quite as well, but at $30 per 90 days, is much more affordable. Crestor was a miracle for me while my insurance was covering it. My numbers went from off-the-charts high to absolutely perfect within a few months. It was truly amazing, even without a change in diet. Unlike some folks, I had zero side effects, thus my 10 rating, which is based solely on my own experience with the drug. I'm age 57. Started taking Crestor after a major heart attack and quintuple bypass surgery. I just wish I could still afford it."

Giles Habibula (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2017

For Not Listed / Other: "I have personally been on Crestor to lower blood pressure and this has been totally excellent in doing that. Also when I started on Crestor I was 267 pounds and as if today I’m 208 and counting. Thank you Crestor for a new way of living."

Thebest1970 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 11, 2017

For High Cholesterol: "I began to get joint and muscle pain within 4 days of taking it. This stopped when I stopped the drug as happened with all the drugs in this class that I have tried."

zipkid55 September 7, 2017

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous: "I am 52 and have been taking statins for 25 years. From mevecor, zocor, to Lipitor, zetia and now Crestor. I am lucky to have had no side effects but will say the Crestor has worked best at 40mg daily it helps keep it down around 230. Had a 95% blockage at age 28 and 1 stent last year. I believe statins have protected my heart over the years! My brother can not take them and had a quadruple bypass at 49. Also everyone should have a calcium scan, simple and life saving."

tlr2143 September 7, 2017

For High Cholesterol: "I was forced by health insurer to switch meds and I haven't felt well for a long time ! I can only take Crestor I'm 54 I sampled all of them Crestor was the only one I didn't have any side effects. I need to make an appointment and let my pic know and put me back on Crestor!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2017

For High Cholesterol: "pain and spasm "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2017

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: "Took Crestor for four months and it lowered my cholesterol. Took it until my feet, shins, and calves went into cramps. Couldn't sleep, and could hardly walk. Cramps ended two days after quitting. Cardiologist put me on it and my family doc took me off it and told me never to take it again."

chasp August 9, 2017

For High Cholesterol: "56 years old. Started taking this med about 3 months ago as my cholesterol was very high and although regularly exercising and changing diet didn't lower my numbers after battling it for about a year. Was resistant to taking this med as like some of you read reviews. My doctor prescribed 5 mg. Since taking it blood work to see how body was reacting to med. My numbers have dropped drastically and my doctor is very impressed. However I am experiencing as most of your weakness in parts of body and a lot of body aches. I am unusually stiff when getting up from sitting for more than a hour and it wakes me at night. Experiencing cramps in my big toe. Symptoms were on left side but now experiencing on right side. Visit scheduled w/doctor"

bcj1 June 26, 2017

For High Cholesterol: "Had 60% blockage of carotid artery 3 yrs ago. Dr. put me on 10mg Crestor. I looked up side effects and didn't like them so I suggested we start at 5mg. Dr. said OK. 5mg worked extremely well. I reacted to Crestor better than most. Latest ultrasound showed carotid as "clear". Bottom line is that I'm reading reviews where Dr. started out with the 40mg and people experienced side effects. Wow. Not sure why you would start out with the highest dosage. Remember the best dosage is the smallest dosage that works for you. Discuss with your Dr. Start low, as you can always increase the dosage."

john678 June 25, 2017

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "5mg, tinnitus is aggravated quite severely, joint pain in toe joints, mild depression, slight nausea and occasional insomnia - 3 weeks usage"

AceMcGee (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017