User Reviews for Rosuvastatin

6.1

Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease

Summary of Rosuvastatin reviews 6.4 124 reviews

Reviews for Rosuvastatin

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for Atherosclerosis: "After all these years on Crestor I finally got side effects of nausea, tiredness, dizziness, disturbed and sleep"

JPIA (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2019

For High Cholesterol: "I have high cholesterol and rosuvastatin is a great drug, I have no aches and pains unlike the other pills I used to take for cholesterol"

The king (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 1, 2019

For High Cholesterol: "After taking Crestor generic I had trouble siting down and standing up, my muscles in my leg and shoulders are so weak and painful I have trouble entering a car and exiting a car. I am 84 years old and don’t expect to get any better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2019

For High Cholesterol: "28 found out I have high cholesterol, just past 300 was my total. I have a history of family heart disease and early death in the males in my family and lucky me I’m a male with high cholesterol. Uncle died at 38 heart attack, his grandfather first heart attack in late 30s his dad at 35 dead heart attack so hoping I don’t have a reserved seat on that train. I have been taking Crestor 40 mg now for about a month or two, I have crazy joint pain in back of knees and pain in my fingers and back of hands I haven’t really noticed anything else aside from trying to remember to take them as I work in an industry that’s 24 hour operations so if I’m on nights I forget I usually take them around 9:30 pm. I mean my thoughts are take it see what it does monitor your levels and go from there my gp suggested I take the highest dose possible because the results are better be slamming the levels at first and then going from there so yeah. I’m gonna listen to the doctor and cross my fingers."

Aaron March 18, 2019

For High Cholesterol: "It is very effective in relation to laboratory readings. My husband took it for 3 months first time and his cholesterol dropped from 8.1 to 4.7, but he started to get heart beating just out nowhere that scares him. He stopped taking rosuvastatine 20mg, but in 8 months it raised again. He repeated 20mg for 3 months more, and again he got good cholesterol, but this time he got two injures - two broken arms (right, then left), with excessive bruises that never happened before. The injuries happened just from mild falling from a bike without any speed, nothing . big that should have caused him broken bones"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2019

Ezallor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous: "I had explosive diarrhea for weeks on end. I do not recommend having Taco Bell after this medicine. Please ask your doctor for more info. I have been taking this medicine for 10 years now and I have gone bankrupt I think my doctor is ripping me off."

Hola (taken for 10 years or more) March 8, 2019

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Could not get up from a chair after taking Crestor generic. Then I stopped taking the drug two weeks ago and still have trouble with muscle weakness and pain. It is very painful to enter a car and to sleep at night. I failed to mention the problems with my joints in my fingers and toes stiffness and cramps."

Bill March 6, 2019

For High Cholesterol: "I have only been on this medicine for two weeks but have experienced severe pain in my abdomen and middle section, some depression, and just generally feel miserable. Am going to try to keep taking it til 3-month blood check but not sure I can. No cramps or joint pain."

harplady (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2019

For High Cholesterol: "I’m 42, manage to exercise, eat fairly clean, and am in good overall health. I’m starting to notice that when I take this, even every other day or a half dose, my hands and feet begin to react. It usually starts in my toes. They become red, swollen, burn, and sometimes itch. The temperature of them also becomes noticeably hot. Some days the joints in my toes hurt and my feet, ankles and calves begin to swell. It also affects my fingers and hands. I’m sure this medication is the cause because I’ve stopped taking it before and my symptoms go away. From what I could find on the internet for my symptoms is a rare condition called Erythromyalgia(EM). Doctors don’t seem to know anything about it nor can I find any studies on this condition related to this drug. I hope this review doesn’t make anyone not try this medication because it could work for you; I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone else has had this happen to them as well."

Jcat February 25, 2019

For High Cholesterol: "I had been on vytorin for years with fabulous results. The results were so good my doctor said to take one Mon, Wed & Friday. Results were still fantastic. Then I went on Medicare and was forced to switch to Rosuvastatin calcium 40 mg. I have noticed I have been dizzy. I have never been dizzy. My stomach just feels weird all of the time like it needs an antacid. My stomach never felt weird before. I think the warning label for this product says DO NOT TAKE AN ANTACID. I will go back to buying my meds out of Canada if the insurance co. doesn't relent and let me go back to Vytorin."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Destroyed my muscles. Started in legs and spread. Stopped taking two years ago and muscle pain and weakness has not improved. Some recent studies suggest may be permanent. Statins are poison."

Anonymous October 7, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for Hyperlipoproteinemia: "I have been on Crestor on and off for a couple of months. I was put on 10mg per day, but the side effects were horrendous; severe muscle and joint pain, fatigue ......and general misery. Dosage was reduced to 10mg twice a week and still have pain, but not as severe. It has reduced cholesterol from 9.4 to 5.8, but haven't had it checked again since reduction. Cardiologist said it will probably gone up a bit and if able to tolerate higher dose to try."

beckynoohurts September 18, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for Atherosclerosis: "Used for 4 months...some constipation at the beginning...which is no longer a problem...cholesterol level decreased by over 60percent....combined with diet changes"

Rob (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for Hyperlipoproteinemia: "My cholesterol was 370 in 2008. It dropped to 250 in first 6 months. I started with 20mg per day and then in 2010 I was increased to 40mg per day. Currently my cholesterol is a total of 148. and still dropping."

Ben (taken for 10 years or more) August 30, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I’m using Crestor for my cholesterol but I have noticed I’m getting horrible leg pains. Is this a side effect of this medicine. Does anybody else has experience the same side effects or this is normal."

Laflacadedorado (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "Took 5mg daily for about two months. Developed severe joint and muscle pain in shoulders and thigh. Discontinued use. The medicine did lower my cholesterol but I was able to subsequently lower my cholesterol almost as much by changing my diet and increase physical activity."

Shop owner (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "I had a level 181 for LDL even watching my diet and so my dr. prescribed 5mg rosuvastatin a month ago. My LDL l has dropped to 105 Wow! Amazing results I have arthritis and haven't felt any additional body aches or secondary effects due to this medicine. Recommended 100 %"

Jess (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I had taken crestor for two months and noticed that my hair was falling out"

micacat June 25, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "Side effects were overall muscular pain especially at night. Burning hands sensation. Blood glucose levels (BGL) elevated. Dizziness to the point where I remained in my home, didn’t drive, visit anyone. This aggravated my depression. I refuse to take this medication after about 3 months. Not worth the side effects"

Radar (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I had a massive heart attack 14 years ago and was put on Lipitor. I could not handle the muscle cramps. I was then put on Crestor, again I could not handle the cramps. Years later, now, I have very high cholesterol levels and have been put on Crestor again but told to take it every second day 10 mg and to take ubiquinol a couple of hours before. This is coenzyme Q 10. I still got cramping in my fingers and shooting pains up my arms so have cut it down to 5 mg every second day and it seems to be tolerable. Seems I can handle a low-dose. Hopefully it’s better than nothing."

Willy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "Took 10mg, 20mg now 40mg Crestor from age 38 to now 52. Had good Chol reading til the last 6m when had to change to generic. My LDL & Total Chol have gone up 100pts. My MD questioned if I was even taking it. Hold scheme of statins are questionable. I am having unbearable muscle pains. Feels bruised, tight & sore. I need to be ck'd for fibromyalgia. I am fatigued with no energy. Waiting a few more months before going back to ck my readings to determine for sure the generic is not working."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "Been taking 20 mg each night since Nov. and besides mild joint pain upon awakening during the first month (pain has since disappeared), I’ve had no other complications. I was prescribed these over a year ago for high cholesterol (265), but would not take them because I read so many bad reviews. I tried very hard for almost a year to lower my cholesterol w/strict diet & exercise but could only lower it to 250. Then in Nov. I experienced pain in my chest and upper arms so bad, it forced me to go to the ER where I was found to have blockages to my heart. I needed 2 stents inserted & was put on this statin while in the hospital. I am writing this review mainly to let people know that not everyone has severe side effects. If not for being scared off by bad reviews, I would have definitely taken this med when first prescribed and maybe not have needed stents. This med worked great to lower my cholesterol down to 142 within weeks & I am pretty much eating whatever I want."

bettie March 7, 2018

For Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: "When taking just 1/2 dose every other day my face feels hot and is very red I skipped it for a week and same time occurred the day after taking it"

Granny75 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I've been taking rosuvastatin for about two months now and had a blood test taken after five weeks on it. Overall levels went from 266 to 147, LDL 169 to 73, HDL 48 to 44, and Trigs from 250 to 150. I didn't really make much effort to change diet as I wanted to get a good idea of what the drug was doing on its own. I will make necessary diet changes and try to get the numbers down a bit more so that I can either take the medication less often or perhaps switch a lower dose. Fortunately, I'm not experiencing any adverse side effects. Seems to be a pretty effective drug if you can tolerate it."

NorthernGent (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I was using Crestor (brand name version) for 2 years, until my insurance changed and I started having to pick up the entire tab myself, which was $920 per 90 day supply. I then switched to Atorvastatin (Lipitor), which doesn't work quite as well, but at $30 per 90 days, is much more affordable. Crestor was a miracle for me while my insurance was covering it. My numbers went from off-the-charts high to absolutely perfect within a few months. It was truly amazing, even without a change in diet. Unlike some folks, I had zero side effects, thus my 10 rating, which is based solely on my own experience with the drug. I'm age 57. Started taking Crestor after a major heart attack and quintuple bypass surgery. I just wish I could still afford it."

Giles Habibula (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2017