User Reviews for Rosuvastatin

Also known as: Crestor

Learn more about Rosuvastatin.

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 7 reviews 16 medications

6.1
Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease 2 reviews 6 medications

Summary of Rosuvastatin reviews 99 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Rosuvastatin

For High Cholesterol: "I began to get joint and muscle pain within 4 days of taking it. This stopped when I stopped the drug as happened with all the drugs in this class that I have tried."

zipkid55 September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous: "I am 52 and have been taking statins for 25 years. From mevecor, zocor, to Lipitor, zetia and now Crestor. I am lucky to have had no side effects but will say the Crestor has worked best at 40mg daily it helps keep it down around 230. Had a 95% blockage at age 28 and 1 stent last year. I believe statins have protected my heart over the years! My brother can not take them and had a quadruple bypass at 49. Also everyone should have a calcium scan, simple and life saving."

tlr2143 September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "I was forced by health insurer to switch meds and I haven't felt well for a long time ! I can only take Crestor I'm 54 I sampled all of them Crestor was the only one I didn't have any side effects. I need to make an appointment and let my pic know and put me back on Crestor!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "pain and spasm "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: "Took Crestor for four months and it lowered my cholesterol. Took it until my feet, shins, and calves went into cramps. Couldn't sleep, and could hardly walk. Cramps ended two days after quitting. Cardiologist put me on it and my family doc took me off it and told me never to take it again."

chasp August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "56 years old. Started taking this med about 3 months ago as my cholesterol was very high and although regularly exercising and changing diet didn't lower my numbers after battling it for about a year. Was resistant to taking this med as like some of you read reviews. My doctor prescribed 5 mg. Since taking it blood work to see how body was reacting to med. My numbers have dropped drastically and my doctor is very impressed. However I am experiencing as most of your weakness in parts of body and a lot of body aches. I am unusually stiff when getting up from sitting for more than a hour and it wakes me at night. Experiencing cramps in my big toe. Symptoms were on left side but now experiencing on right side. Visit scheduled w/doctor"

bcj1 June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "Had 60% blockage of carotid artery 3 yrs ago. Dr. put me on 10mg Crestor. I looked up side effects and didn't like them so I suggested we start at 5mg. Dr. said OK. 5mg worked extremely well. I reacted to Crestor better than most. Latest ultrasound showed carotid as "clear". Bottom line is that I'm reading reviews where Dr. started out with the 40mg and people experienced side effects. Wow. Not sure why you would start out with the highest dosage. Remember the best dosage is the smallest dosage that works for you. Discuss with your Dr. Start low, as you can always increase the dosage."

john678 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "5mg, tinnitus is aggravated quite severely, joint pain in toe joints, mild depression, slight nausea and occasional insomnia - 3 weeks usage"

AceMcGee (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Started Crestor Jan 1 2017, in mid Feb I started having severe CAN'T BREATH episodes gasping for air, dypsnea, throat swelling & closing, very hoarse, chest pain, chest burning, erratic racing pulse -- and months of feeling horrible. After countless trips to the doctor, CT scans of sinuses, throat and lungs, multiple rounds of antibiotics & steroids for assumed lingering bronchitis, the same doc that put me on Crestor had no idea how to help me and sent me to an ENT-- who could see me 3 weeks later! Meanwhile, symptoms worsening. I felt like a 90 year old. A friend who had had an allergic reaction to a drug recognized symptoms of anaphylactyic allergic reaction. Off crestor 2.5 wks; getting better but google says 1-2 months to get out of system"

Can't Breath! (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "I can not begin to describe how much pain I am in right now ... within hours of taking 5mg my ankles are swollen and my knees and hips are throbbing to the point that I had to call out of work. My cholesterol isn't even that high but my doctor insisted that I take this stuff. It's going in the garbage, although $38 for SIX pills makes me hesitant."

BrainyNerd (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "CRESTOR 20mg - STARTED TAKING ON Jan 14, 2015; TWO YEARS AGO. approx Dec 2016 started to have noticeable pain in legs - meanwhile playing tennis 3 times a week - On Feb 21, 2017 Cardiologist would not eliminate Crestor or substitute but said go to 1/2 dosage which I did. It's effective. Will review in 4 months with Cardiologist MUSCLE ACHES SHOULD BE A WARNING TO ATHLETES WITH THIS STATIN - MAYBE OTHER STATINS TOO. 11/01/2016 -- recognized leg pain - both lower legs as problem 12/19/16 - saw Sports Med Dr at Penn - - Naproxen scripted 02/21//17 - talked w/Cardiologist about continuing both lower leg painâ–ş- now reduce to 10mg - PAIN REDUCED QUICKLY AFTER LOWER DOSAGE and remains minimal NOW"

Observer1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Took Rosvastatin (crestor generic) 10mg for 3 mos. Had knee pain, developed severe headaches, increased ringing and buzzing in ears. Makes me concerned about taking any statins again ever. Decreased LDL but Too strong. Noted my blood sugar was increased above the usual. So watch for that in your lab tests as it may be linked to this or other lipid medication."

achuros February 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "My Dr put me on crestor 6 weeks ago and my ldl went from 283 to 83. He couldn't believe it. I don't have any side effects or pain."

Englelisa45 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Had high cholesterol started on crestor.Sense then my life a nightmare. Leg cramps, joint pain swelling, memory loss ,extreme fatigue and now they have diagnosed me with an unknown issue. All since crestor I am stopping ..never sick a day in my life..these medications will make us sicker. ."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Works as should."

In Perfect Health (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "After a few years of taking Crestor (which worked fine for its intended purpose), I suddenly developed a severe case of Sciatica. I couldn't stand, sit, walk, lie down, or any other activity without terrible pain up and down the back of my left leg. I was tested for everything including MRI and using novocaine and other pain killers. Nothing helped. After 5 months of constant pain, my doctor suggested discontinuing Crestor. The pain was completely gone within a week. Come to find out, my Sciatic nerve passed through my Piriformis muscle instead of around it like in most people. The Crestor had caused toxicity in the Piriformis muscle which caused it to squeeze the Sciatic nerve continuously, causing continuous pain."

dreamer2222 December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "For about 6 years my physician prescribed Lipitor for high cholesterol. I couldn't take it due to muscle cramps. After that I was prescribed Zocor, Pravachol and finally the orange drink, Colestipol. Always had adverse side effects so I decided to stop trying. I lost 20 pounds but before the cholesterol dropped with any real significance, I regained the weight. The physician kept saying my cholesterol was dangerously high but I did not want the side effects. I had to change insurance companies which meant a new physician. This one said the same along w/a bit of a lecture. She prescribed Crestor, 5mg per day. After 3 months & no side effects it went from 280 to 155. I couldn't believe it. I am 60 years old."

BrendaCo October 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: "Dont know nothing bout nothin---cept been taken this magic pill 15 years--changes my life--cardiologist says I am fine--but without crestor-cant breathe or get out of bed--lots chest pains--think your dying--crestor takes it all away-- cardio specialist says no heart problems- highly recommend--everybody differt-best wishes for your good health"

OLD AND DYING (taken for 10 years or more) September 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I've taken most of the statins. I ALWAYS ended up with leg cramps. At 44, I had to have a Stent placed due to a 95% blockage. And that's when I started seeing my cardiologist. Upon hearing of the leg cramps, he ran a simple blood test and told me that my vitamin D was extremely low (4) and the real cause of the cramps. I now take 50k iu of vitamin D 3x weekly. I have NEVER had a cramp on Crestor, except when I forgot to take my vitamin D. As soon as I started the D back up, the cramps ceased. Even at 50k iu 3x weekly, my regulnar blood tests indicate that my vitamin D is now in the normal range (>29). And my cholesterol went from over 300 to down around 150. If u have cramps, I recommend the D check."

K9Scooby (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Worst Medication EVER!! allergic reactions and cramps in leg from Losartan Mar, 2015, ended up on crutches, doc misdiagnosed fell on crutch broke rt wrist, metal plate in it now.Surgery on wrist, MRI showed complete torn ligament in rt ankle, Surgery on ankle, Dilauded 4 months, doc put me on Crestor/BP Meds, had a stroke, wheelchair bound,ran out of crestor/6 weeks, finally walking with cane, Doc put me back on Crestor. Allergic reaction to crestor after 2 months, rapid heart, dizzy, leg swelling,pains in chest,Massive leg cramps, Now left foot is barely usable, another ligament torn possibly,Then Mini Stroke, Dr stopped Crestor, Now I have Iron Deficiency ISSUES. Been off Crestor since June but all these side effects are still haunting."

Cindycan'twalk August 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Currently on Crestor 20mg but I cut it in half and only take maybe twice/week and experiencing mild joint aches, upset stomach in the AM hours after taking before bedtime the night before. I also tend to forget minor things such as keys in the truck, lunch in the fridge for work but not to often. I am 44 years old and have been on med for about 3 years now. I believe I will ask doctor to prescribe a milder med if possible on my next appointment."

E. P. G August 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "I am a diabetic and although I eat healthy and exercise even though my cholesterol for a normal person is ideal, for a diabetic person is too high. So my doctor put me on this medication and told me the most common complain from her patients are muscle cramping. However when this cramping is affecting my daily life and work life, (it mainly affects my arms muscles) I believe this is not the right medication for me. I'm awaiting for my family doctor to call me and reassess the situation. As for the efficiency of the medication, I really don't know since I haven't had a blood work since I started taking the medication."

CYDA68 August 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "Was put on Rosuvastatin after angioplasty. Weird chest and lungs pain. As if someone stabbing in chest. Pain worsened after lying down. Unable to sleep well. All these symptoms went away after stopping Rosuvastatin. Meeting my cardiologist next week to see if any other Statin like Pitvastatin could be tried."

anil45865 (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I took crestor for about two years with minor side effects. Since I turned 65, I noticed my leg muscles ( hamstrings, Knees) were hurting. I stopped taking Crestor and my legs feel better. The drug did help lower my cholesterol but my legs were killing me and I had trouble walking due the stiffness and pain. While I am not 100% certain my leg pain was due to Crestor, it certainly looks that way.It has only been 6 days since I stopped."

Anonymous July 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Crestor (rosuvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Was on Simvastin (40 mg) and within two days had severe shooting pains in knees. Starting cutting in half and pain dissipated. Told doctor I was cutting in half and reason and instead of lowering dosage, they switched me to crestor (40 mg). After about 10 doses, finger joints began to swell and pain with hip joint pain. Stopped taking. It's been 5 weeks and fingers still are painful and stiff making everyday tasks hard. Am back to cutting dosages in half. Will post if that makes a difference and my blood fat improves."

Mehki227 (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016