User Reviews for Rosuvastatin to treat High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous

Also known as: Crestor, Ezallor

Rosuvastatin has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous. 70% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Rosuvastatin Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous.

JoRed62 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2021

“I put off going on a statin for years. 5mg Rosuvastatin targeted only my very high LDL. 239 down to 108. No side effects. Very relieved it worked since years of strict diet and exercise did not.”

Nightowl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 20, 2020

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “Taking Crestor 20mgs daily. After using this for six months and not seeing good results (cholesterol levels still elevated). I find that I am experiencing joint pains and hair loss. This is my second try on this medication, I was on 10 mg before. I am going to try asking to go back on Lipitor.”

Bob April 8, 2020

“I have used this drug rosuvastatin for many years, with minimal side effects. Last year I used this drug from this manufacturer and it made me very nauseous. I stopped it a few times and tried is again & again, but with same result. I switched to another manufacturer and was fine. I guess they use some kind of ingredient that isn't right”

moonmuse October 4, 2009

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “Crestor worked wonderfully in reducing my cholesterol. It worked quickly and I was very happy with my lab results. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking Crestor because I developed severe muscle pain and aching in my legs, as I did with several of the other statin drugs.”

midlifestreesedmom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 9, 2013

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “5 mg Crestor for about 3 weeks after becoming menopausal and having cholesterol spike even higher (family genetic condition)- no side effects at first and numbers started to improve THEN -everything went haywire- rapid weight gain & all symptoms of pre-menopause has come back -now having severe joint pain so have stopped taking it completely.”

lpmart October 22, 2010

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “I went from Zocor, which I had been taking for 10 years. When I started taking Crestor my cholesterol went from 240 to 147 in 3 weeks and has stayed there. My triglycerides went from 340 to 135. I take a 10 milligram a day.”

micacat June 25, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “I had taken crestor for two months and noticed that my hair was falling out”

hakush June 29, 2009

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “Lovastatin didn't work for me. I changed to Crestor and result was a miracle for me (from 275 to 187), that's what I needed for a long time.”

sheltiedvm December 8, 2009

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “I have tried many cholesterol lowering drugs. Crestor has been the most effective. It is the first one to bring my level under 200.”

billmill09 July 21, 2010

“I have been using Crestor for over 10 years and it has kept my cholesterol down in the normal range. With no side effects.”

In Perfect Health · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 19, 2017