User Reviews for Rosuvastatin to treat Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease

Also known as: Crestor, Ezallor

Rosuvastatin has an average rating of 3.0 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease. 13% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 75% reported a negative effect.

Rosuvastatin Rating Summary

3.0/10 average rating

Compare all 43 medications used in the treatment of Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease.

Lucy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 23, 2020

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “I was prescribed Crestor after a triple bypass. 40mg daily and I finally weaned myself off of this drug after 7 1/2 months due to side effects. I was to the point where I could barely walk, my knees and feet were extremely painful. My shoulder joints had me in rehab therapy also. No energy, weight gain, and a thumb that now locks in place which is anything but pleasant. All these symptoms have significantly eased up and hoping to get back to 95% of my old self!”

Suze · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 15, 2020

“Rosuvastatin 5mg 10 months ago. Stent in heart Jan 2018. Cholesterol down from 6 to 3.2 within 2months- GREAT. 4month progressively worse 10th month-weak+ aching muscles like I've walked 20km a day +5kg weights on each leg, last 2 months cramping in pool, feet+calves. Urinating 8-10 night. Weight gain+ not budging. Piercing pain in left hand side of brain. Memory loss. Rash forearms. Breathlessness. The worst depression, REALLY down. One morning, shuffling to the bathroom hips, legs, back so painful, I read about the rosuvastatin side effects and decided to stop taking them. Within 3DAYS my muscles feeling BETTER. NOW-2wks- walking 6 kms, running on a mini-tramp 40 mins, swimming 90 laps of a pool -25strokes across- I'm effortlessly gliding, no cramps, enjoying experience. No memory fog, sharp twangs in the head, gone little more each day. I KNOW HAVE to be strict re: diet, but after having bad side effect I just want to stay off things.”

chasp August 9, 2017

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “Took Crestor for four months and it lowered my cholesterol. Took it until my feet, shins, and calves went into cramps. Couldn't sleep, and could hardly walk. Cramps ended two days after quitting. Cardiologist put me on it and my family doc took me off it and told me never to take it again.”

2020 December 29, 2020

“I took one rosuvastatin pill- a few hours later dizzy, one leg swelled a lot, very dry mouth, very bad headache. It took 24 hours to ease & I never get headaches. Never will I ever take even one more of these. The drug store refuses to give any kind of refund”

OLD AND DYING · Taken for 10 years or more September 23, 2016

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “Dont know nothing bout nothin---cept been taken this magic pill 15 years--changes my life--cardiologist says I am fine--but without crestor-cant breathe or get out of bed--lots chest pains--think your dying--crestor takes it all away-- cardio specialist says no heart problems- highly recommend--everybody differt-best wishes for your good health”

Mandy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2020

“Its so good to know that other people are having these terrible side effects from rosuvastatin and its not just my imagination. It is very scary stopping taking it post heart attack but the muscle pain and weakness plus the bloatedness especially in the stomach etc. made me feel like I was being given a disease by this drug. I will take my chances and monitor with my GP my cardio consultant won't like it but this is the second one I've tried and the side effects were the same but much worse..”

MJB · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 4, 2020

“I was on another statin for a couple of years. I started to have side effects. Leg pain and weakness. Couldn't lift my grandson. He was 9 months old. I stopped the meds. Got better within 2 weeks. Doctor started me on Crestor 5mg every other day at bedtime. I having been waking up with a headaches (something i don't suffer with) and deep muscle pain in my arm. I'm done. I refuse to take a statin ever again.”

peter · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2019

“I used it only for about two weeks and it has been two months now and I have problems typing this message all joints gone, fingers now toes. I cannot seem to recover”

Granny75 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2018

“When taking just 1/2 dose every other day my face feels hot and is very red I skipped it for a week and same time occurred the day after taking it”

Learn more about Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease