User Reviews for Rosuvastatin to treat Atherosclerosis

Also known as: Crestor, Ezallor

Rosuvastatin has an average rating of 7.2 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Atherosclerosis. 83% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 17% reported a negative effect.

Rosuvastatin Rating Summary

7.2/10 average rating

Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Atherosclerosis.

curling fairy October 6, 2011

“I also started off on Lipitor after a stroke but had very painful muscles. Switched to Crestor and after just over a year, the carotid blockage of 57-60% that I had to begin with reduced to unmeasurable levels.”

cjg920 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 22, 2020

“Rosuvastatin has a lot of side effects that are serious. Doctors will have to balance ordering this medication based upon what the sales reps tell them and the studies show as to the effects on their patients and that.It may be a tough decision. Rosuvastatin worked well for some but has significant side effects that appear to be dangerous, could cause accidents driving with blurred vision, patient does if they are having indigestion or angina it is concerning. Hearing too many side effects here and a lot of money for a not-so-safe drug? Maybe any money is too much money for a not so safe drug? Rosuvastatin side effects are difficulty in moving, leg pain, indigestion (heartburn) mimicing angina, blurred vision (also while driving on the highway!) pounding heartbeat, fast heart beat, trouble breathing, joint pain.”

JPIA · Taken for 10 years or more April 24, 2019

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “After all these years on Crestor I finally got side effects of nausea, tiredness, dizziness, disturbed and sleep”

Rob · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2018

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “Used for 4 months...some constipation at the beginning...which is no longer a problem...cholesterol level decreased by over 60percent....combined with diet changes”

Fraun December 7, 2008

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “I have used Crestor for over one year and find it to be an excellent drug for my condition. I was using Lipitor which, gave me muscle pain as a side effect.”

Anonymous December 23, 2015

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “Severe pain in joints. had to reduce med”

hakush June 29, 2009

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “I've been using Crestor for the last 2 months and results are unbelievably great for me. My total cholesterol dropped almost 49%.”

skateme January 15, 2009

Crestor (rosuvastatin): “I take 10mg and my LDL cholesterol is still 147 but I don't have muscle pain in the arms like with other Statins.”