User Reviews for Pazopanib

Also known as: Votrient

Learn more about Pazopanib.

Soft Tissue Sarcoma 15 reviews 6 medications

Renal Cell Carcinoma 26 reviews 21 medications

8.1
Summary of Pazopanib reviews 41 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Pazopanib

Votrient (pazopanib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "My husband was diagnosed with right renal cell cancer May 2014. A brain tumor was found on an MRI that same month, along with small spots on lungs. Gamma Knife procedure done May 2014. Right Nephrectomy June 2014. Brain tumor removed September 2014. He didn't start Votrient 800 mg until December 2015 due to a small spot they found on the left kidney during a routine CT scan. Since taking the medication, his hair has turned from red to white. Other side effects include high blood pressure, nausea, diarrhea and being tired. He was on blood pressure medication prior to taking Votrient. Now he is on three blood pressure meds and now the blood pressures are within a normal range. Spots may or may not be cancer. So far, tolerating med well."

Kidney Bean (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2016

Votrient (pazopanib) for Soft Tissue Sarcoma: "Have been on Votrient for almost 12 months. The first 6 months on 400mg a day, sometimes not taking it at all because the side effects were so horrendous. Then it was upped to 800mg a day "

Flygirl747 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2016

Votrient (pazopanib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "My father had passed away of taking pazopanib just for 3 months due to tumour rupture because of this tablet...please do not consume it.."

Sume (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2016

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: "My husband started 800mg Votrient 12 months ago 3 months post right renal nephrectomy with grade 4 renal cell carcinoma nodules in both lungs. CT scans 3 months later showed all nodules had shrunk, last 3 CT scans have revealed no change and he is stable BUT he is suffering from massive bouts of diarrhea as in some days / nights 10 or more times, he finds drinking the required amount of water makes him nauseous but he looks dehydrated, pale and is lethargic. Because of the urgent diarrhea he is always worried about going places unless he knows where he can rush to the toilet so he tend not to go far so this really impacts his life, he also has vomiting at times. His specialist only says to take anti diarrhea tablets and prescribed Maxalon."

Anonymous July 24, 2016

Votrient (pazopanib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I had my right kidney removed December 2014 they thought all cancer was gone but few months later they found cancer in my lymph nodes. I started on Votrient July 2015 at 800 mg but had Doctor reduce amount because of stomachs issues. I'm still nauseated daily and throw up almost every day. My hands are bright red my hair is white I have sores on certain parts of my body that act like blisters then go away after a few weeks. All in all the cancer is shrinking and I have another cat scan this month."

Deborah H. June 17, 2016

Votrient (pazopanib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I am taking Votrient for 14 days. My side effect are vomiting, some stomach problems and a temperature around 37℃. Half of my left kidney is removed on June 2015, but a year after I got results that I have MS on my sternum bone and 2 tumors appeared in the soft tissues around the sternum. After a 14 days one of the tumors is getting smaller, I hope this will happen with the other one. Reading the other comments I hope side effect will go away and tumors will be gone. I am 23 years old. God bless everyone."

Vlatko (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

Votrient (pazopanib) for Soft Tissue Sarcoma: "Have been on Votrient about six months. Virtually no side effects except for the white hair. Tumors are stable."

Servidea May 12, 2016

Votrient (pazopanib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "my husband has renal cancer . he did partial nephroctomy in his right kidney on 9/2010. many tumors appeared later in small sizes in both kidneys. now he is on votrient 800 mg 35 days ago.. he has high blood pressure treated .. rare weakness and bad taste.. little bit problems in stomach.. pain in leg.. his hair started to b white.. we r looking for positive result . hope this treatment can shrink or remove the total tumors"

Anonymous May 8, 2016

Votrient (pazopanib) for Soft Tissue Sarcoma: "After 4 failed chemo regimens, the docs decided to try votrient out. The first week or two were the toughest. The worst side effect was the tumor pain, which was in my chest/back. Also some fatigue, loss of appetite and diarrhea. 3 months later (now), I feel well and there has been some slight shrinkage of my tumors. I'm also back in the gym. White hair kicked in within the first month. I'm a 22 year old covered in white hair lol"

X_Cooley (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2016

Votrient (pazopanib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "Lost my first kidney 5 years ago two months ago cancer was found in my remaining kidney. It had metastasized to my brain and lungs. Had gamma knife surgery on brain tumor. Started votrient about 1 month ago. Side effects include fatigue and high blood pressure.So far doing well on 800 milligrams. Have lost about 45 pounds I know now I need to eat regular meals in order to keep up my strength. This also helps with the fatigue. So far lab work looks good looking for the best results with votrient"

chadandy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

Votrient (pazopanib) for Soft Tissue Sarcoma: "Hi everyone , I'm 39 years old guy from sweden, I have soft tissue sarcoma in my stomach wall and it spread to the bones (legs both femural head and sternum and my headscull that was removed) I have started votrient 201508 800mg/day. The first 2 weeks I had a fever and felt really sick, stomach problems pain and diarrhea, it took about 1-2 months before I felt normal with this med, the pain from my bone mets disappeard pretty fast (1month), I have had new scans after 3 months and the results was pretty good, sternum and right leg was nothing left :) the left leg there is only about 30% left. I'm going to have new scans this month so lets see hoping for more good news.... the stomach tumour was the same"

jani76 March 1, 2016

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I have had metastasis cancer for 9 years Had my kidney removed 2006. 4 years later my 3 left ribs removed , Jan 2015 my spinal code had an Operation done to remove cancer again. Then Sept 2015 it came back again I stay positive ,Sept 2015 this time my consultant put on 400 pazopanib and 3 weeks later 600 this dose. I could not handle all sorts of side-effects Went off for 7 day .back again on 400 .3 weeks then as soon as it got to the stage I could not handle it . I stopped for 7 days Jan 2016 pet scan . BIG DAY all CLEAR no sign of cancer I m on 400 for one more year 7 days ON 7 days OFF I have side effects but not that bad To all my friends have faith in PAZOPANIB IT WILL WORK NO PAIN NO GAIN"

Manny p (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2016

Votrient (pazopanib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "My husband has been on Votrient for a year...some gastric issues,foot pain....but overall his tumors are shrinking"

Mrs.CN (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 12, 2016

Votrient (pazopanib) for Soft Tissue Sarcoma: "User DKU- you wrote about your mom and I'm so sorry for your loss. My dad is on this medication and I'm so worried for him..he lies to the doctors and says he's fine but he is literally on the couch unable to move every day and now he's barely eating also. Can you contact me magz0905@gmail.com"

Magz0905 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2015

Votrient (pazopanib) for Soft Tissue Sarcoma: "My mother went on this wonderful drug and it was bad, it burnt and blistered this inside of her mouth and throat to the point she could not eat solids anymore. She lost all her strength to the point we had to carry her to the bathroom, and finally she lost her life."

dku December 19, 2015

Votrient (pazopanib) for Soft Tissue Sarcoma: "Hello Group, I just started Votrient 3 days ago, I have no side effects at all. I've felt great the past several days, just like my old self before I was diagnosed with a 11.2 cm tumor in my pelvis that was surgically removed in Feb of 2015. However the leiomyosarcoma mets to my liver, lung and I was told bones. After 6 treatments of Gemszar and taxatere the liver and lung mets spread and grew. I was sent to another hospital for Phase II trial trial drug to build the immune system charging the T-cells to go after the caner, while Dixol chemo attack the cancer. The Dixol could only be used 10 due to possible problems with heart pump. I said no thanks, thats when I asked what else they had so I was put on Votrient."

Tiny Dancer July 18, 2015

Votrient (pazopanib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "50 Y.O. male, diagnosed Stage IV mRCC on 1 may 2014. Radical nephrectomy of right kidney June 2015. Tumour had invaded surrounding fat, IVC and adheared to bowel. Mets appeared in Jan 2015 (liver). Started 800mg Votrient feb 2015; side effects included, white hair, gastric issues, loss of taste, high BP otherwise felt ok. After 1 Month high liver enzymes forced me to stop. After 4 weeks off, recommenced 400mg of Votrient. Side effects not as severe but similar to 800mg dose. Required a week off Votrient recently due to a bout of pneumonia. Liver Mets have shrunk from 20mm to 7.5 mm since Jan, 400mg seems to be working, lets hope it stays that way."

Deejay65 July 14, 2015

Votrient (pazopanib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "diagnosed Jan 2, 2015 with renal cell carcinoma. I'm 61 and have been a picture of health my whole life. Right kidney had a tumor and they were going to remove until found 2 leisions on my liver. First med I did not respond to and been on Votrient for 2 weeks. After 1 week they felt I was responding. Side effects are bad with vomiting and diarrhea that it drains me. Hard to eat as food doesn't taste right and now my tongue has a burnt taste so nothing tastes good and have lost a lot of weight in short periods of time. sleep 10 -12 night and 2 hr nap. They say this is all typical for everyone. How long has it taken everyone to finally get back to feeling normal. I use a walker around house and wheelchair for dr"

Arizona gal (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: "One year of use. Experienced all common side effects. Consult with a nutritionist for weight loss. Ensure has been helpful for me. Dermatologist and podiatrist for hand foot syndrome . Med to control blood pressure . Imodium for diarrhea. Basically stable at this time. Votrient is the first line treatment , do everything you can to continue treatment. Good luck."

tony### April 22, 2015

Votrient (pazopanib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "My husband started Votrient 800mg about a week ago after surgery for a metastatic renal cancer. So far he is doing so well, taking it at night seems to be working. Some mornings he is a little spent but he does stay up late. I am praying for a good result - he has numerous teeny lung lesions and just a teeny area where the L kidney had been. He is 53 and otherwise in very good health."

worried spouse (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

Votrient (pazopanib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I have been taking 800mg of Votrient daily since March, 2012 to treat Renal Cell Carcinoma tumors which developed when the cancer spread from a large tumor on my right kidney. Votrient has been effective in stopping the growth of the tumors and shrinking a few. Side effects experienced: treatable elevated blood pressure and diarrhea."

gentleman jim (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2015

Votrient (pazopanib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "Began 800mg in May 2014; 10 months into treatment. No new mets at this time. High blood pressure began three weeks into treatment, a good sign in that it demonstrates the drug is working well. Hand foot syndrome, initially intense pain , but now under control. Weight loss due to loss of taste and appetite, a nutritionist can help. White hair. This is considered the least toxic targeted therapy drug for mRCC, do all you can to stay with it. If it is working for the first year you may continue to get excellent results for years to come. This is currently considered the first line therapy for mRCC. Take at night to reduce the stomach discomfort."

anonymous1!# (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2015

Votrient (pazopanib) for Soft Tissue Sarcoma: "I was diagnosed with 4 baseball sarcoma tumers in my liver July 15 2014. Did 6 weeks of GEMS/Taxol and after the scan showed two more tumors in the liver and four now in my lungs. My doctor put me on Votrent and scanned me once again after six weeks. All the tumors in my lungs have shrunk half their size and one tumer in the liver shrunk half it's size as well and all the others in the liver are dying from the inside out. Praise The LORD !"

R357 February 19, 2015

Votrient (pazopanib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "Unfortunately side effects for me have been horrific! I was on 800mg for 6 weeks. I wound up with nausea, extreme hoarseness, high blood pressure, fatigue with sleeping 18 to 22 hours a day. Took a turn for the worse and liver enzymes were high. Could not eat or drink water for 5 days and lost 30 pounds. I was off the Votrient for a month and just started back on half the dose; 400mg. So far so good one evening of slight nausea. Other than a little more tired it appears to be better."

PApa Joe (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2015

Votrient (pazopanib) for Soft Tissue Sarcoma: "Wife is on this now for her 4th week (800mg ) she has Soft tissue in Right Lung after mets from uterus. Leiomyosarcoma. (sp) A month ago she was coughing every 2 minutes, now not so much but she is tired has nausea and the headaches. No appetite and when she ate solid food it would always come back up. Now her food consists of 4- 6 smoothies a day. Got a Vitamix after many recommended it on other websites on the internet. You fellow patient who have gone before her and have reported your experiences are the "only" thing that have kept her pressing forward. She has large tumor in chest and it is hope that this will hollow it out or something. Her first Chemo GEMS/Taxol only worked for 3 months . Then it started regrowing"

elwood11 November 17, 2014