User Reviews for Protonix to treat Peptic Ulcer

Reviews for Protonix

"Hospitalized January 2012 due to bleeding peptic ulcer which I didn't know I had. GI doc said ulcer was due not to H. pylori but entirely to NSAIDs, the nightly 325 mg aspirin (combination therapy with Plavix for RCA stent, Dec. 2010), to which I added generous doses of Advil (600-800 mg) most days trying to combat muscle pain from simvastatin (current combination of Livalo 2 mg 400 mg CoQ10 = no pain). I am supposed to continue Protonix as long as I am taking aspirin (now only 81 mg). No visible side effects after a year and a half. I do take magnesium 2-3 times a week due to concern about Protonix knocking mg level down. Also take Caltrate, for the osteoporosis it may cause. Protonix is easy to take, but hard to get off of, I hear."

Neem (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2013

"Esophageal ulcer: Had problems off and on with horrible heartburn throughout my teens years until I ended up with an ulcer due to undiagnosed acid reflux and other problems. Was prescribed Protonix and it was the only thing that worked. Since then I have been able to use Tagamet (cimetidine) for every day use, along with watching what I eat, but the Protonix is awesome."

Anonymous February 19, 2011