User Reviews for Oxymetazoline nasal to treat Nasal Congestion

Also known as: Afrin, Mucinex Sinus-Max Full Force, Afrin Original, Zicam Sinus Relief, Vicks Sinex 12-Hour Decongestant Nasal Spray, Zicam Extreme Congestion Relief, Dristan 12 Hour Nasal Spray, Afrin Severe Congestion, Afrin NoDrip Extra Moisturizing, 12 Hour Nasal Decongestant Spray, Genasal, Nostrilla, Oxymeta-12, Oxyfrin, NRS Nasal, Four-Way Nasal Spray, Neo-Synephrine 12 Hour, Vicks Sinex 12-Hour Decongestant UltraFine Mist, Vicks Sinex Moisturizing 12-Hour Decongestant UltraFine Mist, Mucinex Sinus-Max Moisture Smart, Vicks QlearQuil 12 Hour Nasal Decongestant Moisturizing Spray, Nostrilla 12 Hour, Todays Health Nasal Relief Extra Moisturizing, Afrin Sinus, Afrin NoDrip Original, Afrin NoDrip Severe Congestion, Afrin NoDrip Sinus, Vicks Sinex Severe Nasal Spray, Afrin NoDrip Allergy Sinus, Afrin Allergy Sinus Nasal Spray, NTZ Long Acting Nasal, Allerest 12 Hour Nasal Spray, Duramist Plus, CVS Health Sinus Relief, Duration, Sinarest Nasal, 12 Hour Nasal …show all brand names

Oxymetazoline Rating Summary

4.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 208 medications used in the treatment of Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Oxymetazoline

Vicks Sinex 12-Hour Decongestant Nasal Spray (oxymetazoline): "I used the 12 hour spray twice over the past 48 hours and now my nasal passages are completely closed. The pharmacist recommended I take the two decongestant pills; however, not change and I'm fearing this may require medical attention."

DHar (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "No matter how I tried I could not open the Afrin bottle. My patient will have to use another product."

BensonMD (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "Hey I can't even give a review on the product because I can't get to the stuff inside the bottle. Who made this bottle? I just wasted 10 dollars."

Allison (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "I’ve been using Afrin every fucking day for 2 years now because I couldn’t afford to be sick/congested with 2 babies under 2 - the rebound congestion is horrible. I used to only have to take it once a day, then maybe twice, that slowly turned into every 6 hours, now it’s every 2-3 if I’m lucky. I can’t sleep without waking up to being COMPLETELY CONGESTED. I mean 0 breathing room, it’s absolutely terrible. I need to go to a doctor at this point, DO NOT USE THIS STUFF LONG TERM. Yes it works, it’s a godsend, all the people who can’t open the bottle is very confusing to me as I buy one a week and have never had any problems opening it... But regardless. Don’t be like me only use it short term and stop. Rebound congestion is seriously awful, I can’t even cry... if I cry, I’m congested for an hour with a cycle of blowing my nose, using afrin, blowing my nose... over and over and over again. It’s AWFUL."

Emylia (taken for 10 years or more) April 19, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "3 of last 5 containers of Afrin I purchased would not open! This over a one year period, so Afrin is refusing to rectify the packaging defect. I will never purchase Afrin. How stupid can a company be?"

Bob April 16, 2019

"Burning in ear, throat and mouth after use. Not worth the pain"

Mizzy (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "I am a health care professional and I have NEVER commented ever. Here at work in ED and 8 employees cannot open your new bottle design of Afrin. FAIL!"

Yo (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "I used to love this product, but it's impossible to use with the new lids. Even if I didn't have arthritis in my hands, I'd never be able to pry this lid off. I will sadly have to throw it away and resort to a store brand with a lid I can hopefully open so I can actually use the product. Disappointed in this change."

Jo (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 11, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "Afrin bottle is absolutely rubbish! I shouldn’t have to make my hand bleed and not be able to breath just to open a stupid bottle! I only used the product maybe three times and it practically locks. Five or so YouTube videos later and I still haven’t opened it. Never buying Afrin again!"

angry user (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "OMG. You should not have to watch videos and call help lines to open a product. This is the worst design ever. Packaging nightmare"

Sadie (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "Hard to judge the medication ... could not open it!!! Looked on line everyone seems to have the same problem. Not able to open it."

Randy March 20, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "What has happened to Afrin? I have used it for a long time and it always helps. I bought one and it doesn't work and the pump runs one out in a couple of days."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 20, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "Can't open the bottle!"

newzee (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2019

Afrin Original (oxymetazoline): "This product is a God send. I’ve tried almost all decongestant oral tablets and sprays including expensive mometasone nasal spray but couldn’t get relief I needed. The very first time I used it, it unclogged my nasal congestion. What a relief! I can breathe very well. This is gonna be the only product I’ll be using from now on for occasional episodes of nasal congestion if ever I would need it at all cause I just recently had sinus surgery. This was prescribed by my surgeon doctor and it just works perfectly."

djmanalang (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "The company behind Afrin should be ashamed of themselves for the design of the child proof cap that they put on the bottle. After a couple of uses, the cap absolutely will not come off. Is it that you want us to purchase another bottle? Do something about that cap and stop ripping people off!!!"

Kandi Moon February 21, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "This cap will not come off according to the directions! 2 pliers and metal cutters later...and a bloody hand....had the bottle open. Won’t buy the product again"

Hate the cap February 19, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "Afrin really needs to change the caps on their nasal spray. I am in a conference room with at least a dozen people and no one could get this bottle open. We tried everything recommended and all we get is that dreadful click. Finally after over a half hour I finally managed to get it open. I don't know what did it but it is fine now. Terrible design and beyond frustrating. I should have videoed the whole process so that people could laugh at us trying to open this stupid bottle."

Compufxr (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "Stupid child proof cap won’t come off"

H February 8, 2019

Zicam Extreme Congestion Relief (oxymetazoline): "Well, my second time using this med. First time it literally worked in 2 days (a little over 1 day). This time around it's working great, the only issue is my nose is extremely dry and burning but only my left nostril. Other than that this med works a miracle."

GodivaSmooth (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "Whoever designed the bottle cap has no idea. Why l would they make it soo hard to open???"

Anonymous January 28, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "Hey, Afrin. Maybe check your products before you send them out? The product I bought I guess is defective because it will NOT open. Obviously, push down and turn counterclockwise- easy enough? Apparently not for Afrin to figure out. I’ve tried getting the nasal spray to open, and the other 2 members of my household have tried as well. First time and last time buying anything from this brand. Now I have to take an extra trip to the store while sick and in the aftermath of a blizzard. Ridiculously frustrating."

Ash January 21, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "Purchased on the blind, only to read that I should not take it for more than three days. OK, fine, but what do you do with the remaining spray? At any rate, it worked like a placebo, no relief whatsoever. Want to pay for nothing? Rush out and stock up."

HERVE (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "Aside from all the complaints of the cap I'm reading, (which I had no problem removing), I would strongly suggest anyone who suffers from anxiety to steer clear of this medicine. It worked great at "unstuffing" my nose, but it gave me horrible anxiety and jitters, which my doctor never warned me about the possibility of this happening, knowing I have panic and anxiety disorder! Not to mention it dried everything up, not just my nose, but my mouth, my throat, and it even felt like my lungs were dry! I'm sitting here waiting for the 12 hours to be up, and hopefully all the misery will go away. I wont use it again and the bottle I bought will be going in the trash! I'll stick to my saline nasal spray and Fluticasone!"

Hezz806 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

Afrin NoDrip Extra Moisturizing (oxymetazoline): "I suffer from severe nasal/sinus congestion. This happens every night and I am unable to get to sleep even if I have one nostril open. This is the only product I have found that works on a consistently on a daily basis and I only use it at night. I consulted with an ENT Dr. and he gave me his approval as long as it was used only once per day."

Nanabear (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 27, 2018

Afrin (oxymetazoline): "The cap on the bottle is ridiculous. Can't get it off !!! Finally got it off after 15 minutes. Ended up using pliers.Also the spray gave me a horrendous headache and did very little for congestion. I will never waste my money on this product again!!!"

Harveymatt November 17, 2018

Learn more about Nasal Congestion

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)