User Reviews for Ondansetron

Also known as: Zofran, Zofran ODT, Zuplenz

Learn more about Ondansetron.

Gastroenteritis 24 reviews 21 medications

Nausea/Vomiting, Radiation Induced 3 reviews 5 medications

6.5
Summary of Ondansetron reviews 264 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Ondansetron

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "It cost me $3 for six tablets with insurance. When I was vomiting every couple hours for a week and was prescribed Zofran, it reduced my vomiting to one or twice a day for the next two weeks as compared to every couple hours. It is now the third week I've been sick, and the drug works within an hour for me. There were a couple days my prescription ran out, and I started throwing up 10 times in a day again. Highly recommend"

Gabzzie (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I am 11 days post op from emergency gallbladder surgery. Been having severe nausea again just like I did before my gallbladder surgery. Having trouble with eating. Went today and had my post op visit with the surgeon. Told him I've been feeling really bad and nauseated. Lost 10 lbs in 11 days. He prescribed zofran 4mg every 8 hours. Insurance paid for 30 tablets. I also have a refill. Started today. I took my first dose about an hour ago. I actually feel good. The nausea has subsided. So far no side effects."

mjschoff63 (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Didn't do a thing"

Dksf April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This stuff works like a dream and quickly! I take over 20 meds a month, and sometimes I just get flat out nauseated from my "cocktail from hell". I have also had it administered in an IV, and it cant be beat. The only downfall is the cost...the last I heard it is $20 per pill, and Medicaid balks at paying for it."

Dmp1967 April 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given Ondansetron because I suffer from Hyperemesis gravidarum..(severe sickness in pregnancy) since 6 weeks pregnant I take this drug every morning after my morning sickness so the rest of the day am not vomiting out everything I eat. It does work but it makes me feel like a zombie too, feel unwell all the time!"

A.k April 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given Zofran after having my gallbladder removed. The nausea wasn't from the procedure, but came on when I was finally able to eat and the broth soup was placed in front of me. For at least a month prior I'd been getting nauseous just from seeing food no matter how hungry I was (and after fasting for surgery I was absolutely starving!) I was given Zofran in my IV and it did absolutely nothing. My surgeon then gave me a prescription for the pill form, but again, it did nothing to help my nausea."

MHaswari April 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Let's just say I will never take this again. My mouth and face got locked in one position and would not move. Had to go to the emergency room and take 3 different shots to get relief."

Captainbill6 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Was prescribed from the doc at the walk-in Ondanstron for severe vomiting due to food poisoning when I was out the day before, it stopped that but long story short I had to be in the hospital for 3 days to monitor & do tests about my heart as they thought I suffered a silent heart attack after only 3 pills, they won't admit to that drug causing some of what I got though & only that I ingested an acute viral infection. Not fun."

Isurived (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Came down with some sort of virus, thankfully not the flu but could already tell that nausea was going to be a problem. I asked my doc to prescribe this med to me as I had used a couple times before when I had severe stomach upset, thankfully I have insurance and only paid 15$ for 20 which was well worth it. To be honest it is helping my anxiety ( GAD/ panic disorder) as well. The script stated to take 1/2 to one 8 mg tablet 3x a day as needed. I have taken 2 in the last 9 hours and will most likely take half before bed simply to keep as a preventative measure so I don't wake up with nauseated at 2 in the morning. Honestly a miracle drug, blows phenergan out of the water. Recommend to anyone who has the flu, food poisoning or a virus."

Anonymous174988 March 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Absolutely a life saving drug. I am a student in university and have had ongoing undiagnosable stomach problems for four years. I still miss a lot of school but with this drug, I can put weight on finally. Every now and again it flares up really bad and I will take 8 mg at a time. Otherwise, I take 4 mg about twice a day, once when I wake up and once after my midday meal. I rarely get the headaches because I take the tablets and not the ODTs. There's an artificial sugar in the ODT that supposedly causes the headaches. If a sudden bout of nausea occurs, it will go into effect in 30-45 mins for me."

Gingerkid775 February 9, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zofran (ondansetron) for : "My birth defect had shut down my bladder to the extent of not being able to urinate. Long story short,I had an infection so bad my bladder was 3x the normal size. So seeing how I couldn't go,it my body decided that it will send everything back out the way it came. If my wife didn't make me goto the hospital,my bladder would have exploded,they gave me a shot of this medication and it stop the vomiting in minutes. Well I am better and have a prescription for this,and have to self Cath because of the damage to my bladder. If I can't go backwards in time,I would have listen to my wife instead of being a procrastinator."

Anonymous February 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "This is a miracle drug!!!!! So many times zofran came in for the save. Saved my spouse, I and our 7 and 5 year old a trip to ER when the norovirus hit us. Took it after terrible dry heaves and within 20 minutes I was able to sleep. This medicine also helped after my csection when I was nauseous. When my son had hand foot and mouth and was uncontrollably vomiting the dr gave him this medicine too, within an hour he was eating fine! This was also great for my IBS symptoms when they hit hard. 10/10 !!!"

Arita44 January 25, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "I woke up at 5am with a terrible stomach virus....I swear I thought I was dying. It was coming out both ends and I was in terrible pain from the cramping. I had to lay in the floor by the toilet because I didn't have time to make it from the bed when the cramping hit me...I happened to remember that I had ondansetron(zofran) in the medicine cabinet and my wife gave me one 8mg tablet sublingual. I was better in fifteen minutes. Miracle drug!"

Eddie N. Georgia January 22, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "I sufffer from ulcers & get acid indigestion all the time. Of course with that I experience nausea daily..... when it gets too intense I take a 4 mg zofran and within 20-30 minutes it subsides. I thank God this medicine was created!! In the beginning I would get constipated for about 24 hours after taking a pill but don't have that anymore. I am thankful for this medicine bc I HATE nausea/vomiting."

Greyson's Mommy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gastroenteritis: "Originally I was prescribed this med for the nausea accompanying irritable bowel syndrome, because my nausea was debilitating. Zofran definitely took the edge off. Now I have gastritis which causes nausea and pain. Unlike other patients, I do not get great relief. Sometimes it takes the edge off. Then I am able to eat and drink and be functional. But right now, the pain and nausea of the gastritis has trumped the med, I feel pooly."

woodviolet (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Came down with a very high fever and the flu. I had chills off and on for two days, which culminated with some good ole' vomit. Doc at urgent care prescribed me this horrific, useless drug for the nausea. I have NEVER had a poor reaction to any drug, until now. Even with this drug, I felt extremely nauseous and had horrific headaches. I forced myself to throw up to relieve the dibilitating feeling and stopped taking this drug and voila. I hate this drug. Never again. The headaches it induced brought me to the brink of tears."

Ihatezofran (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed Zofran 4mg tablet after having a sucky bout of food poisoning, later turned IBS with chronic nausea. I have been on Zofran as needed ever since. Works great, if the nausea is really bad I double up and feel great again. Another thing I found is if you take zyrtec daily, it is great to use as a preventative, and add the zofran as a back up. Due to feeling like crap all the time with the ibs I was taking to much zofran, so my doctor recommended adding zyrtec which was a life changer. Instead of taking at least one zofran a day, I'm down to once or twice a week, if at all. The tablets usually worked within 30 minutes. Was just switched to the ODT, so that'll be an interesting switch, supposedly they kick in faster."

Dodge 917 January 4, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have been taking this medication for panic and anxiety with great success but I wonder why it is not listed for this?"

Val Mac January 3, 2017

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "So I've had this problem where I've been vomiting nearly all my food. Anything I eat makes my stomach upset, I missed a lot of study due to the stomach ache, and it seemed over the counter stuff never worked, so my doctor prescribed me zofran, dissolvable, and for the most part it works, almost immediately. "

neon colored meep December 30, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I used to take Requip for restless leg syndrome, and sometimes it made me so sick I would vomit. Other nights it would be fine. One day I decided to call my PCP for a script of zofran or phenergan to help subside the horrible nasty vomiting and nausea effects of Requip and they wrote me a script of 12 4mg Zofran swallowable tablets. It helped almost immediately (not within a minute, but 10mins or less) and then decided to stop my Requip medication because just made me sick. My RLS went away with other meds that I take and while I still take Zofran, I enjoy it for any spur of the moment "IM GONNA BE SICK" Kind of feeling, so I always carry it with me. At a hospital visit they gave me a dissolvable one that tasted like berries. Good med"

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "The directions say to dissolve in the mouth but it's very bitter. Does anyone else have this problem?"

Bjcg (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have a horrible stomach virus and I am 8 weeks pregnant. I wasn't able to keep any fluids down for over 12 hours. I was given IV fluid, and 2 doses of zofran (same thing) and the nausea went away withing 10-15 mins! The doctor prescribed me the tablets that dissolve and within the same amount of time my nausea goes away. I'm able to drink water, even take a few bites of bread which is a lot. This is heaven sent. I do get headaches easily so that's the only downfall, but it's way better then vomiting."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I had my gallbladder removed in September and have been on this drug (as needed) since. It is a god send. I don't get as nauseated as I was the first month of surgery but still have nausea here and there. This drug works very quickly and I feel instant relief. Sometimes I find myself needing to take 2 doses of the nausea is severe and it helps to ease it. Recommend this for anyone that struggles with nausea."

Savii December 19, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "I have the stomach virus. It hit me around 10 this morning but I didn't start vomiting until 2. Zofran has somewhat helped. But I'm still so weak & sick. The thought of food makes me sick."

Stomach virus & zofran December 19, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this medication after a severe bout of anxiety and panic attacks. I lost 25lbs in 2 weeks due to the panic and had no appetite. Of course when you don't eat for that long, nausea can easily set it. I couldn't even move off the couch for fear of feeling extremely sick or dry heaving. I was finally given this miracle pill and the nausea quickly went from 10 (the worst) to easily a 2 or 3 within about 45 minutes. I took it for a week as I tried to get my appetite back and anxiety under control with other meds. Highly effective. I did experience some constipation from this medication, but that could also be due to the starvation mode I was in for 2 weeks. Either way, highly recommend to anyone dealing with nausea."

J137B (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016