User Reviews for Nivolumab

Head and Neck Cancer

Colorectal CancerNot rated - Be the first1 review 19 medications
Summary of Nivolumab reviews 4.9 46 reviews

Reviews for Nivolumab

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My mom is 78 years old with stage iv lung cancer. She has had 6 treatments with Opdivo so far; minimal side effects. She was on Pemetrexed for 2 years, then in remission for almost 18 months. Her oncologist wanted to try Opdivo. A 93 year old gentleman who comes to the same cancer clinic biweekly, has been on Opdivo for 2 years now for melanoma. His daughter stated that he has minimal side effects from the medication."

Scarlett (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "I started Opdivo in 2010 to 2012 had stage IV lung cancer it is now 2018 and living a normal life. Thanks for this product it saved my life . In 2010 the life expectancy was only 1 to two years on chemo ."

KK (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 7, 2018

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My husband had stage 3B NSCLC with a small metastasis on his spine. Oncologist recommended Opdivo. Only had 2 treatments. After the first treatment he ended up in hospital with severe shortness of breath. He passed away a few days after the second treatment as the drug attacked healthy heart muscle. Don’t try this drug!"

Hill (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "I am sharing my sisters experience with Opdivo. She had stage 3 NSCLC (non-small cell lung cancer). She started opdivo after a little over 2 years of chemo. The first year on it went great. All her scans showed no cancer. Then all of a sudden all her blood counts dropped. She was then diagnosed with AML (acute myeloid leukaemia) due to the opdivo.S he lived a month after that. The Doctors said the opdivo gave her a year she wouldn't have had with chemo. There is that but is only a chance to live longer with Opdivo. I don't believe it is a cure now. We are thankful for that one good year."

Sister (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 14, 2018

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Head and Neck Cancer: "Just started opdivo last week. Will have it every two weeks. Had to have a full laryngectomy seven months ago because of a tumor in back of throat. Was hoping to get a voice prothesis to talk again but , they discovered two small cancerous tumors on my tongue. Surgery, of course is not an option . Hoping opdivo will shrink these tumors at the very least if not destroy them altogether."

Jenkins (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2018

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Head and Neck Cancer: "My Father was on Opdivo for 77 days. He became sick with all of the side effects (pneumonia, inflammation of the brain) as well as ultimately losing the use of both of his legs. In my opinion, the drug only increased his life by 77 painful days and it did nothing effective at all. I do not recommend using this drug at all."

Lt (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Melanoma: "Everything was going well on the 2 week treatment for 8 weeks- then doctor tried to do a monthly dose and my sugar skyrockets to almost 500. I was hospitalized and had to start insulin shots! Still on shots for about a week hoping things get back to normal after the Opdivo is out of my system, just not sure how long that will take."

Paul (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2018

For Melanoma, Metastatic: " Now a year on this, with a decrease of 50% and a little more. Now two final scans with good stabilization. Hopefully this can still rescue me from cancer."

Uitzaaingen keelkanker in long (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2018

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My husband was given opdivo for stage IV non-small cell lung cancer. Three days after his third treatment, he became seriously ill (short of breath, fatigue, increased oxygen requirements) and was hospitalized. His oxygen needs increased from a baseline of 5L to 13L upon admission. Three days later, his oxygen needs increased to 30L and he passed away 10 days after his third treatment. I believe that Optivo contributed to his death at age 57. Looking back, he should never have started this medication."

KJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "I have stage 3b lung cancer and was on chemo but couldn't take it, so then I was on opdivo. Iwas doing fine but it triggered my lichen planus back wondering if anyone out there ever heard of this or had it also."

Jocelyn Horton (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My beloved mother is no longer with my family or me. Such an incredible shock this is. In my honest opinion, it wasn't because of the cancer itself, but from the allergic response and adverse effects of this drug, which hastened her death unquestionably (severe motor dysfunction and hydrocephalus.) I wish I did my homework on her new "treatment" before it was too late. If I could tell anyone about my story it would be this, do your research on cancer medications (antineoplastics) because sometimes the risks outweigh the potential benefits. Immunotherapy drugs e.g. keytruda, opdivo should be used with EXTREME caution in patients with a previous or a current autoimmune disease and those who show signs of generalized weakness before starting treatment. Thanks for taking my mom sooner than she needed to go Opdivo."

JJ (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My Dad had lung cancer, and it had spread to his liver. His doctor recommended starting Opdivo because chemo was no longer an option. He got his first treatment on July 24, 2017. He began having constipation issues, severe stomach pain, no appetite, with in a week of having the first treatment. Was admitted to the hospital August 5th, and died August 14th. He was suffering and miserable his last few weeks of life. I believe this medication contributed to his death. I think a persons body needs to be in a specific state for it to be successful. By reading the reviews it works wonders on some, and others they die very shortly after starting treatment."

Jessicap85 (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Melanoma, Metastatic: "Been on Nivolumab & Opdivo for 27 months with small amount of side effects and great success in tumor reduction . Merkel cell (MCC ) is what I have and went thru several Chemos & radiation and this treatment is working Great on this cancer. Merkel cell MCC is one of the cancer that foundations do not help with so these patients are on there own. Pricey but it does make a different s in the length of your life ."

big olddog (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 8, 2018

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Colorectal Cancer: "I have small intestines cancer/stage 4 .I have been on opdivo for 1 full year because I could not tolerate chemo any more. It took 9 months for pain relief and 4 months ago, my CT scan showed that my tumors have shrunk 30 percent. Opdivo has saved my life ! I have only diarrhea as a side effect. I am so grateful that my dr. put me on this as I would not be alive . I have gained 20 lbs and don't feel as if i have cancer. I can't wait to get my next CT scan"

ilovetobyandvegas January 9, 2018

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My husband has Stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer. He is 82 years old. He has been on Opdivo for 18 months. It has kept his cancer in remission with no new metastasis. He has some itching but no other side effects. It has been a wonder drug for him."

Jnetk2190 December 27, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "I would not be alive today without Opdivo. A year and a half ago I was diagnosed with lung cancer. I weighed 95 lbs. and I already had radiation and chemotherapy. I had no appetite and was continuing to lose weight. My doctors put me on Opdivo in October 2016. It is now December 2017 and I feel fabulous! My scans have been great and my weight is 145 lbs. I feel better and look better than I have in years. Thank you so much for saving my life."

Zhill December 20, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Melanoma: "My Husband has had wonderful success with this medicine it never made him sick the whole time he has been taking it. He is presently still on it for maintaince"

Rosebud8986 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Melanoma, Metastatic: "Surgery to remove polyp. Follow-up surgery to remove nasal and sinus mucosal melanoma. Proton beaming to clean-up remaining mm in nose/sinus. Metastasis in bones, brain, liver, kidney, gall bladder and spleen. Opdivo started and after 6 infusions observed reduction in size of tumors everywhere. Continue another 6 infusions until next scan."

Cab2017 November 18, 2017

For Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "I have both NHL and HL, have been on Opdivo since Feb 2017, I've had very little side effects, mostly a small rash. My Hemaglobin went from 59 to 145, I feel great, and I'm preparing for a donor stem cell transplant in Sept 2017 I've had an autologous stem cell transplant and several different chemos Terry Burlington, ontario"

Terrytigger August 22, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My mom started this treatment after her oncologist suggested that it was an alternative to other Chemo because is it was not as harsh. Well after her initial treatment ($27,000) she started swelling, couldn't eat, no energy, confused basically confined to her bed, and then the 2nd treatment, she had developed pneumonia and was hospitalized 4 days later, mom passed after 4 days, numerous antibiotics, blood transfusions and a lot of agony. I would not recommend this treatment to anyone. Its awful with life threatening side effects. I think this is just a money racket to get cash from the dying and the government."

Davidkiser August 11, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My mother had ovarian cancer then non small lung cancer. This drug in our family opinion was terrible. We feel it hastened her death and she would have been better off with out it. Terrible side effect - she was covered with some type of horrible rash after the second round. And in hospital . Every time she took it - she would get worse. She got to where she couldn't walk . I think she would have had a better end of life without this. It felt like they were using her for money. : ("

Bunnyclover (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "This treatment is the bomb after only 15 treatments I am now cancer free. There wasn't much hope for stage 4 non small cell lung cancer, I truly believe this treatment is a game changer. The only issue is it doesn't work for everybody but the more they research I'm sure they will find a way in the very near future. I have had absolutely no side effects, when I first started the treatment after being on chemotherapy for three months which in itself nearly killed me, my weight was 50 kilograms I now weigh in at a healthy 69 kilograms and have never felt better I will stay positive that it will keep the beast at bay. God bless :)."

Lealee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My Dad started Optivo in May 2017, by the second treatment he was terrible sick, weak, no appetite, upset stomach and talking out of his head and confused. By the third treatment he so much fluid in his feet and was so weak he couldn't even move himself in bed..they should have never done a third treatment but was more concerned about the price of the treatment, my Dad died a week and a half later, in my opinion he spent the last part of his life miserable because of this medicine."

Terri73 July 20, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "Love this stuff works miracles I was stage 4 spread to numerous lymph nodes. I was diagnosed June 2016 and started chemo which knocked the hell out off me, only on chemo for three months. Then started opdivo after only 15 treatments I am cancer free. I have never had any side affects gained more weight than I needed actually feel better than I ever have. It doesn't work for everyone I think about 20% which I think its roughly the same for chemo. It's sad we need something that works for 100%."

Lealee July 18, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My brother died from taking this medication. His cancer was in his lungs. When he started opdivo, the cancer quickly went to his brain. He died weeks later. Why did the FDA approve this drug?"

Anonymous July 17, 2017