User Reviews for Nivolumab

Also known as: Opdivo

Learn more about Nivolumab.

Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer 8 reviews 28 medications

Melanoma 1 reviews 10 medications

Renal Cell Carcinoma 1 reviews 21 medications

Summary of Nivolumab reviews 10 reviews 2.0

Reviews for Nivolumab

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: "Yesterday we celebrated my daughter's birthday and Thanksgiving without my husband who passed away in June. He was diagnosed with Neuroendocrine Carcinoid Tumors in 2010 and survived a wonderful 6 years. He did very well with Afinitor until it began to give him pneumonia. In March this year his doctor started him on Opdivo. HIs energy immediately plummeted. In early March he felt well enough to plan a vacation to Alaska for early June. By early April he wanted to cancel it. He had 3 injections of Opdivo over March and April. He went into hospice in May and passed away in June. I'm not saying Opdivo killed him since his cancer markers were starting to rise before starting it, but they skyrocketed after starting it."

Missing my husband (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My mom started on radiation and chemo, traditional chemo did not work because the cancer had spread to her bone marrow. Her doctor started her on Opdivo and she went down hill from there. She had pneumonia and joint pain, diarrhea etc, the side effects were worst then the cancer. I would not recommend this drug to anyone, taking this drug was a HUGE set back for my mom, she passed away yesterday 11/21/16. Please do your homework before taking it."

Riccigirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "Original diagnosis stage IV lung cancer, July 2013. Received chemotherapy every 3 weeks for two years.July 2015 PET test showed cancer had metastasized to liver. Started on Opdivo August 2015. I have been on opdivo every two weeks since August 2015. Last CAT Scan (June 2016) tumor in liver is shrinking AND NO LONGER ANY TUMORS IN EITHER OF MY LUNGS. Slight side effects minimal, slight body aches and tiredness."

Adla1889 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 17, 2016

For : "My husband fought carcinoid cancer for 6 years. He kept getting pneumonia with the cancer drug that had kept him stable over the last couple of years and had to go off of it. His doctor had heard Opdivo recommended for his type of cancer and he was approved by BMS for full coverage since our insurance didn't pay for it. He started it in March with a dose every two weeks. His energy level plummeted. After 3 doses over 6 weeks he decided to stop, but his energy kept declining and his tumors had grown. Also his cancer markers were rising rapidly from about February till he was put on hospice in May. He passed away in June. I'm not say Opdivo killed him, the cancer did, but the start of his rapid decline coincided with the start of Opdivo."

My husband passed away (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2016

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "after chemo and radiation started on opdivo,had 8 treatments with the only side effect being sore mouth,dr took me off of it because my scans didn`t show much progress,sent me to cleveland clinic and they said to start back on it,now have sore mouth and my skin is so itchy i can barley stand it"

wolfcook2005 August 29, 2016

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "took it after chemo stopped working.after 2 years...first 2 infusions went ok...3 days after 3rd infusion..my legs/feet stopped working..stayed in hospital 4 days legs/ feet slowly coming back..ran every test known to man,,,all normal..conclusion is a side effect of OPDIVO now off all treatment trying to resolve...better but still some weakness and balance issues"

ggasd July 24, 2016

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My Husband started on Opdivo in late January 2016 after just a slight change in his NSCLC Adinocarcinoma. Almost immediately he stopped eating and it was like he went over a cliff. None of the dr's thought it was the opdivo. They thought he was having stomach issues and nothing made sense. He got so weak by the 4th treatment I was not going to let him have a 5th. When they checked him he was almost in Adrenal Failure. Heartbreaking. He regained some strength, but not much. I lost my best friend, the love of my life, my husband, my partner on May 27, 2016 at 4:57 pm. This time last year he was baling our hay for our farm on a rough chemo mixture. The toughest man ever. I hate Opdivo and I hate cancer."

For My Husband (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2016

For Melanoma: "My mother recieved this treatment as part of a clinical trial for advanced stage 4 melanoma. She was given 9 months to live. As a reality of taking this "miracle" drug for Melanoma, she ended up with Adrenal failure and Advanced Diabetes. She died within 7 months. This is not a cure or a means of "living longer". Drug companies need to stop feeding on the time patients have left and leave them be. Honestly...do you want to sit with your loved one during their last days and talk and laugh and enjoy your time? Or watch them receive a multitude of medications in a coma state and die?"

Mommas baby (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2015

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "36-40 hours after 3rd treatment muscles and legs were so weak could not support self or move feet could barely shuffle. 4 days in hospital and all teatsand scans normal so had to be the Opdivo. Will not take that again not worth inability to walk"

Gramps44 December 4, 2015

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "I started on Opdivo 6 weeks ago because my chemo and radiation did not keep the cancer at bay. I decided to try it to build up my immune system. The first time I had it as I was at the end of the IV I started feeling cold and my blood pressure shot up. The nurses gave me shots to bring it down. The second time I had it, every other week, They gave me some steroids first so I wouldn't have a reaction and I didn't. I did have some achey bones and breakthrough pain. The third time I had it and last time It went fine until I started having 103 degree fevers and my entire body broke out in a red itchy rash. I am on Prednisone IV's and I'm weaning off it right now but the rash is so itchy and nothing takes it away! Too many reactions..."

Larrk (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2015

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "Been on Nivolumba since July 31, every 2 weeks. As of Sept.14 I've lost about10 lbs, have loss of appetite, cough, and fatigue. I will be starting acupuncture today (9/15) and believe this will help me. I went through 6 weeks (every day)of radiation and chemo last year and started acupuncture at the very beginning of treatments and never had any side effects except loss of hair and I walked 2 miles every day while under going treatments. I'm very encouraged and believing that Nivolumba will eliminate my cancer. I can't compare the side effects of my treatments last year with Nivolumba because of the timely maner of acupuncture."

einarf (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2015