User Reviews for Nivolumab

Also known as: Opdivo

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Nivolumab.

Hodgkin's Lymphoma

5.5

Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

Summary of Nivolumab reviews 6.5 33 reviews

Reviews for Nivolumab

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Colorectal Cancer: "I have small intestines cancer/stage 4 .I have been on opdivo for 1 full year because I could not tolerate chemo any more. It took 9 months for pain relief and 4 months ago, my CT scan showed that my tumors have shrunk 30 percent. Opdivo has saved my life ! I have only diarrhea as a side effect. I am so grateful that my dr. put me on this as I would not be alive . I have gained 20 lbs and don't feel as if i have cancer. I can't wait to get my next CT scan"

ilovetobyandvegas January 9, 2018

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My husband has Stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer. He is 82 years old. He has been on Opdivo for 18 months. It has kept his cancer in remission with no new metastasis. He has some itching but no other side effects. It has been a wonder drug for him."

Jnetk2190 December 27, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "I would not be alive today without Opdivo. A year and a half ago I was diagnosed with lung cancer. I weighed 95 lbs. and I already had radiation and chemotherapy. I had no appetite and was continuing to lose weight. My doctors put me on Opdivo in October 2016. It is now December 2017 and I feel fabulous! My scans have been great and my weight is 145 lbs. I feel better and look better than I have in years. Thank you so much for saving my life."

Zhill December 20, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Melanoma: "My Husband has had wonderful success with this medicine it never made him sick the whole time he has been taking it. He is presently still on it for maintaince"

Rosebud8986 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Melanoma, Metastatic: "Surgery to remove polyp. Follow-up surgery to remove nasal and sinus mucosal melanoma. Proton beaming to clean-up remaining mm in nose/sinus. Metastasis in bones, brain, liver, kidney, gall bladder and spleen. Opdivo started and after 6 infusions observed reduction in size of tumors everywhere. Continue another 6 infusions until next scan."

Cab2017 November 18, 2017

For Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "I have both NHL and HL, have been on Opdivo since Feb 2017, I've had very little side effects, mostly a small rash. My Hemaglobin went from 59 to 145, I feel great, and I'm preparing for a donor stem cell transplant in Sept 2017 I've had an autologous stem cell transplant and several different chemos Terry Burlington, ontario"

Terrytigger August 22, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My mom started this treatment after her oncologist suggested that it was an alternative to other Chemo because is it was not as harsh. Well after her initial treatment ($27,000) she started swelling, couldn't eat, no energy, confused basically confined to her bed, and then the 2nd treatment, she had developed pneumonia and was hospitalized 4 days later, mom passed after 4 days, numerous antibiotics, blood transfusions and a lot of agony. I would not recommend this treatment to anyone. Its awful with life threatening side effects. I think this is just a money racket to get cash from the dying and the government."

Davidkiser August 11, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My mother had ovarian cancer then non small lung cancer. This drug in our family opinion was terrible. We feel it hastened her death and she would have been better off with out it. Terrible side effect - she was covered with some type of horrible rash after the second round. And in hospital . Every time she took it - she would get worse. She got to where she couldn't walk . I think she would have had a better end of life without this. It felt like they were using her for money. : ("

Bunnyclover (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "This treatment is the bomb after only 15 treatments I am now cancer free. There wasn't much hope for stage 4 non small cell lung cancer, I truly believe this treatment is a game changer. The only issue is it doesn't work for everybody but the more they research I'm sure they will find a way in the very near future. I have had absolutely no side effects, when I first started the treatment after being on chemotherapy for three months which in itself nearly killed me, my weight was 50 kilograms I now weigh in at a healthy 69 kilograms and have never felt better I will stay positive that it will keep the beast at bay. God bless :)."

Lealee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My Dad started Optivo in May 2017, by the second treatment he was terrible sick, weak, no appetite, upset stomach and talking out of his head and confused. By the third treatment he so much fluid in his feet and was so weak he couldn't even move himself in bed..they should have never done a third treatment but was more concerned about the price of the treatment, my Dad died a week and a half later, in my opinion he spent the last part of his life miserable because of this medicine."

Terri73 July 20, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "Love this stuff works miracles I was stage 4 spread to numerous lymph nodes. I was diagnosed June 2016 and started chemo which knocked the hell out off me, only on chemo for three months. Then started opdivo after only 15 treatments I am cancer free. I have never had any side affects gained more weight than I needed actually feel better than I ever have. It doesn't work for everyone I think about 20% which I think its roughly the same for chemo. It's sad we need something that works for 100%."

Lealee July 18, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My brother died from taking this medication. His cancer was in his lungs. When he started opdivo, the cancer quickly went to his brain. He died weeks later. Why did the FDA approve this drug?"

Anonymous July 17, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My husband was diagnosed with non small cell lung cancer in October 2012. He had surgery to remove 1/3 of his lung, chemo and radiation. In July 2013 had a double by pass surgery. July 2014, it matastised to the brain. Gamma knife shrunk the 2 tumors In September 2014 started another round of chemo, but 2 months later he had a TIA, they took him off the chemo. In September 2016 started Opdivo. Doing well no new tumors in the lungs or brain. Side effects are severe tiredness, sleeps all the time, body aches, depression. His quality of life is very bad . The depression really worries me. Has any one else been dealing with depression and severe mood swings on this drug?"

Jeannr May 19, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My Dad was diagnosed last August 20 2016 with Stage 4 Lung cancer. He came home from the hospital and he started chemo right away. He had about 7 rounds of regular chemo. We thought he was doing so well. He had a scan in December and they said it was stable. Still continued treatment thru February. In the middle of March 2017 my Dad went in the hospital. He was there for 10 days Dr. Said the cancer was spreading he needed treatment. The new treatment Opdivo brought him home and 3/29/17 my Dad had is first treatment of Opdivo. My Dad seemed to start going down hill couldn't walk was having a hard time breathing. He never made the 2nd treatment my Dad died 4/19/2017. I am not saying it was from the Opdivo but it sure makes me wonder."

KimK. (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "Very positive till mouth sores & rash Truly love the drug so much better than chemo allows me to do things I couldn't under chemotherapy"

92101 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "I was done. The choices were crappy. No more chemo could even help. I hate big chemo companies. Sorry this stuff works period. Now how do you stop... 10k a pop. They say to keep going."

Regnar479 April 15, 2017

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I've had 7 two weekly infusions and so far I've had no side effects, none! After 6 infusions I was scanned and I was told it was working really well. My kidney cancer in my chest lymph glands have shrunk and the kidney cancer that has spread to my lungs has also shrunk! Nivolumab is my second line of attack, the first being Pazopanib. I only got 4-5 months out of Pazopanib, but I had quite a lot of side effects with it. So taking nivolumab and having no side effects is a real godsend. I haven't felt this good in 4 years, I feel stronger and I'm putting the weight back on I lost taking Pazopanib. Hair/have returned to normal colour. I hope this lasts a long time for me and I hope this post helps in some way. Good luck and God bless all."

Des2e (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2017

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: "47 months on treatment in the phase I-b clinical trial. Started Nov 2011 finished trial Oct 2015"

Ben B April 2, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My mother died from lung cancer. Her last hope of this medication. Within a couple months she was gone"

Rayray11111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My husband was diagnosed with NSCLC in late April 2016. Started on chemo treatments in May 2016. Received 6 rounds of chemo. His first scan, I believe it was after 2 rounds of chemo, came back "great news", cancer had shrunk & some spots disappeared (or were hiding). He continued with chemo and had another scan in November 2016, now there were some new spots. His oncologist said he could not receive any further chemo treatments and wanted him to start on opdivo. First infusion of opdivo was November 23, 2016. By Thansgiving, November 24, he was not feeling well, so Thanksgiving was cancelled. On December 5, he had severe stomach pain, so he went to ER and was admitted. He was discharged on December 8. He passed away Dec 14, 2016."

Babe, as my husband called me (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I was on Opdivo for 6 months. It really set me back, I had to quit it before it killed me."

S/3 January 27, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "I have been taking Ondivo since March 2016. My cancer is now in my liver and the medicine seems to be keeping the cancer strictly in my liver, due to a PET scan in 12-2016. I have developed a red rash and found that lotion and creams do help. Lately I have noticed my nails looking strange and the thumb nails look like they may come off. Have not discussed with my doctor, and will do so at the next appointment. My cancer started in a knot on my neck and in my lung as stage 4. I only have the cancer in my liver. I am unsure as to what I will do considering that cancer has been contained to my liver only. I have had cancer since August 2013."

Powder2016 January 19, 2017

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My husband had 2 treatments, by the 3rd scheduled appt. he had died. My husbands primary cancer was renal carcinoma which spread to lung after 3 years. He started having a stiff neck with a lot of pain, very low blood pressure, and later developed an intracranial bleed, that was it, over. I really believe the drug may have caused more problems than good. Like the previous reviewer said, do your homework."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: "Yesterday we celebrated my daughter's birthday and Thanksgiving without my husband who passed away in June. He was diagnosed with Neuroendocrine Carcinoid Tumors in 2010 and survived a wonderful 6 years. He did very well with Afinitor until it began to give him pneumonia. In March this year his doctor started him on Opdivo. HIs energy immediately plummeted. In early March he felt well enough to plan a vacation to Alaska for early June. By early April he wanted to cancel it. He had 3 injections of Opdivo over March and April. He went into hospice in May and passed away in June. I'm not saying Opdivo killed him since his cancer markers were starting to rise before starting it, but they skyrocketed after starting it."

Missing my husband (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

Opdivo (nivolumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My mom started on radiation and chemo, traditional chemo did not work because the cancer had spread to her bone marrow. Her doctor started her on Opdivo and she went down hill from there. She had pneumonia and joint pain, diarrhea etc, the side effects were worst then the cancer. I would not recommend this drug to anyone, taking this drug was a HUGE set back for my mom, she passed away yesterday 11/21/16. Please do your homework before taking it."

Riccigirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016