User Reviews for Nivolumab to treat Renal Cell Carcinoma

Also known as: Opdivo

Nivolumab has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma. 44% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Nivolumab Rating Summary

5.8/10 average rating

Compare all 43 medications used in the treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma.

GCPYS · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2020

Opdivo (nivolumab): “Opdivo was the end for my husband!!! The doctors had been pushing this drug at us for 2 years. My husband finally decided to try it and 7 weeks after his first infusion he passed away due to complications from the medication!!! It caused pseudo diabetic symptoms, respiratory failure and numerous other complications!!! I would not recommend this treatment for anyone!!! I feel that they faked their trial runs to get funding for their experimental treatment!”

Vic · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2019

“I started opdivo as my 3rd line of treatment. I had very few side effects at first and could eat like a horse. Unfortunately I got really really bad flares of rheumatoid arthritis. I had a partial response but the lung and messintary tumors grew and the RA became a problem. I would take it again but unfortunately was not my savior. Best luck to the next person to try it”

Myfather · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 17, 2019

“Be very, very careful with nivolumab. Within just 8 weeks it caused an explosion of my father’s lung metastases from renal cell carcinoma. It caused fluid around his lungs and heart. It might be a miracle cure for some but for every person that it so called ‘cures’ it seems to caused disastrous consequences for 10 other patients. I would use extreme caution in deciding to take this medication. It is very unpredictable.”

Brad · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 19, 2019

Opdivo (nivolumab): “Saved my life. Been on Opdivo (Nivolumab) for 3.5 years after being told I was about to die. All my tumors have shrunk, if not disappeared altogether. No side effects! CT scans are clear. No cancer symptoms. Doctor says I could live a normal life span. Treatment consists of a monthly half hour IV drip.”

Ray · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 17, 2019

Opdivo (nivolumab): “I was on drug for almost 2 years, It worked for my bone metastasis and it shrunk my tumor in right kidney. Stage IV RCC, I was able to stop and been stable over a year now without medication. Hoping it will continue to work for a while.”

Des2e · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 14, 2017

“I've had 7 two weekly infusions and so far I've had no side effects, none! After 6 infusions I was scanned and I was told it was working really well. My kidney cancer in my chest lymph glands have shrunk and the kidney cancer that has spread to my lungs has also shrunk! Nivolumab is my second line of attack, the first being Pazopanib. I only got 4-5 months out of Pazopanib, but I had quite a lot of side effects with it. So taking nivolumab and having no side effects is a real godsend. I haven't felt this good in 4 years, I feel stronger and I'm putting the weight back on I lost taking Pazopanib. Hair/have returned to normal colour. I hope this lasts a long time for me and I hope this post helps in some way. Good luck and God bless all.”

Missing my husband · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 25, 2016

“Yesterday we celebrated my daughter's birthday and Thanksgiving without my husband who passed away in June. He was diagnosed with Neuroendocrine Carcinoid Tumors in 2010 and survived a wonderful 6 years. He did very well with Afinitor until it began to give him pneumonia. In March this year his doctor started him on Opdivo. HIs energy immediately plummeted. In early March he felt well enough to plan a vacation to Alaska for early June. By early April he wanted to cancel it. He had 3 injections of Opdivo over March and April. He went into hospice in May and passed away in June. I'm not saying Opdivo killed him since his cancer markers were starting to rise before starting it, but they skyrocketed after starting it.”