User Reviews for Nefazodone

Nefazodone has an average rating of 9.1 out of 10 from a total of 76 ratings on Drugs.com. 89% of those users who reviewed Nefazodone reported a positive effect, while 7% reported a negative effect.

Panic Disorder  Off-label 9.7
Major Depressive Disorder   9.2
Depression   9.1
Anxiety  Off-label 8.7
Summary of Nefazodone reviews 9.1 76 reviews

Reviews for Nefazodone

K · Taken for 10 years or more March 5, 2021

For Depression: “I contacted Teva about it... THEIR RESPONSE: Thank you for contacting Teva Pharmaceuticals Customer Service. We wish we had better news, but all strengths of Nefazodone Hydrochloride Tablets, USP are temporarily unavailable with no release date. They have been in that status since 8/31/20. We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced with the availability of this product. We are keeping a list of patients and physicians who are contacting us regarding this product. If you would like to be added to this list, please provide your contact phone number and email address for future updates regarding Nefazodone availability. Please feel free to contact us in a month or so to see if we can provide you with any updates on the status. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-545-8800 or email at tevacs@tevapharm.com if you have any additional questions. Thank you very much for contacting us and please enjoy the rest of your day.”

Danatee · Taken for 10 years or more February 27, 2021

For Depression: “Was forced to withdraw from Nefazodone after 20 years+ due to the continuing shortage. 400 mg/day. Was switched to Trazadone which was effective in arresting the Nefazodone discontinuation syndrome.”

NefazadoneMan February 16, 2021

For Depression: “Feb 16th 2021..... ( 5 ) Months into shortage, never a statement, same old same old from reps, not discontinued, blah blah blah as people run out and have their life turned upside down, others stressing as they are running out or looking across the USA for some on shelves... This is just horrible, ( 5 ) Months..... Poor planning, or something to let us Nefazodone users have this befall us... I had hope, but ( 5 ) months later ??? Thanks for letting us down and disrupting our lives with poor planning and no speed in resolving this.... So sad”

MGoddard · Taken for 10 years or more February 3, 2021

For Depression: “I have been taking serzone/nefazodone since 1998. My PCP tried nearly every other antidepressant for over 6 months, but nothing worked! Finally he sent me to a psychologist who started me on Serzone. It was a miracle drug! I felt human again, and I was more interested in my former activities and my children's activities. I have continued to take this drug all these years, seldom feeling depressed. Now I'm starting to panic about not being able to get this drug! I have never had a negative reaction. At least the past month I have been able to cut back on my dose gradually so I don't stop taking it cold turkey. I only have a couple of weeks left. I'm going to see my PCP next week. (My psychologist moved out of town years ago.) I will pray for all of us who need this miracle drug, and pray that teva puts this back on the market.”

Nicky · Taken for 10 years or more January 29, 2021

For Depression: “I have been taking Nefazodone for 20 years. I was a mess before finding this drug. I suffered from debilitating anxiety and depression. I am now unable to get the drug and was forced to switch to another. My doctor prescribed Viibryd because it is comparable to Nefazodone. Not. I have only been on it for about a week. This drug causes anxiety at first and then is supposed to taper off. We will see. My anxiety couldn’t be worse. I have now been given an additional drug to sleep. The sad thing here is Nefazodone did the work of both drugs. I hope it comes back. I will switch back in a heartbeat. If anybody has found a comparable that works please post. Thanks”

MzEarle · Taken for 10 years or more January 27, 2021

For Panic Disorder: “I was prescribed this medication approx 20 years ago after being homebound for 6 years with agoraphobia. 17 years ago when I was became pregnant, they attempted to change my medication and it was all bad. I had horrible effects from it. I was placed back on my Nefazodone and I as back to normal in no time. I just learned today after wondering why my script still wasn’t filled that it is no longer available. Teva you have to put this medication back on the market. My anxiety is at 1000 just knowing what I’m going to go through without it. I’ve get labs done every 6 months and have never had any liver issues at all. Please help us patients that have been saved by your medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more January 18, 2021

For Depression: “I was a young woman with little kids when I started experiencing severe panic attacks with agoraphobia. Missed out on a lot because of my condition, unable to go to their school functions, grocery shop, even drive a car, it took my life away. Finally my doctor tried me on nefazodone along with Xanax and it was a miracle to me. Had my liver checked and it's functioning at top notch, so the benefits far out way the possible negative. I am 61 yrs.old now.”

tina · Taken for 10 years or more January 12, 2021

For Depression: “Tried 7 different medications before going on this one. Been on it for 20 years. I don't suffer anymore and this medicine has been a Godsend. I hope it comes back soon. I realize there is a drug shortage on this medicine so I cut it in half so as to save as much as I can. My anxiety, depression and bad mood came back like a monster like it did 20 years ago. Please Teva, hurry and bring this back so the ones like me don't run out.”

Princess Lee · Taken for 10 years or more January 8, 2021

For Depression: “Doctor prescribed nefazodone for depression over 25 years ago. I've continued to take nefazadone for over 20 years, however, due to an unexpected side effect of helping to manage pain from fibromyalgia. Also, to my amazing, unbelievable surprise, it took away my severe migraines & headaches that I suffered with for over 25 years, 24 hours per day. I've been migraine & headache free for over 20 years (occasional headaches like normal experiences most of us have) .”

H · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 2, 2021

For Depression: “nefazodone works better than most antidepressants (or possibly all antidepressants) that I have tried. It also helps advance my sleep phase (I have an intrinsic Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder called Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder with overlapping Non 24 Hour Sleep Wake Disorder). Nefazodone and melatonin are both absolutely essential to manage my CRSD. (And, unlike most of the drugs that affect serotonin, Nefazodone doesn't seem to decrease sexual sensation or lower sex drive).”

venkman17 · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 31, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Hey guys, I just wanted to give you an update. Many of the reviews informing us that nefazodone has temporarily been discontinued, is slightly incorrect. Teva Pharmaceuticals has temporarily stopped making it due to a shortage of its main ingredient. That does not mean it's discontinued as of yet. In the meantime, those of you who need to wean off of it so that you can successfully get on to a new antidepressant, please call around to pharmacies across your city. Many pharmacies other than the one that you currently use, have supplies of it still left in their inventory. I managed to find many pharmacies around where I live, and have been able to get an another months supply so I can wean myself off. Good luck to all of you all, and I pray and hope that they will soon restart manufacturing. I hope this helps”

Sal · Taken for 10 years or more December 22, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Nefazodone works best for me after trying multiple antidepressants and failing. I have depression with anxiety and panic attacks as well maniac depressive disorder, ADHD. Together with other meds keeps me going last 20+ years. I tried to stop taking it but had super hard withdrawal, have to remain on it even-though my insurance does not cover it!”

H · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 18, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Best antidepressant I ever used. Also helped me sleep earlier when no other drugs worked as well to treat my Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder (Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder).”

NefazdoneMan December 15, 2020

For Depression: “12/15/20 the longer this unavailability goes on for the medically nescessary Nefazdone treatment many of us have adhered to for years and decades, as there is MANY of us that have been on this Nefazodone Medicine for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25+ years, and IF they do not make this any more (( FAR MORE PEOPLE )) will be harmed from having the rug pulled out from underneath them after years and decades of adhering to the Nefazodone treatment then the Black Box Liver Damage risk ever posed to us ! So important someone makes this again, asap. Peoples lives in my opinion literally or will be ruined, more damage and harm no doubt will come to people lives then the miniscule liver risk ever posed. ! Please Teva we are 3 months into this crisis for us users not being able to get it, and run out of what we do have. This is horrible mental suffering and possibly life altering threatening consequences not having medication available to us after years and decades of compliance and chemical dependence on !”

tina · Taken for 10 years or more December 11, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “All I can say is that this medication Nefazodone even when it was Serzone took away my depression and anxiety which was a monster. Been on it for 20 years. If this med goes off the market, my life is over. That's all I have to say.”

Anonymous December 4, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Nefazodone pulled me out of a 5 year depressive episode where I could not function. Since being on Nefazodone I haven't felt better in my life !!!! I am so stable... Now it's discontinued !!!!!! I am so upset and worried. I can't believe they could do this to people.”

VANKATO · Taken for 10 years or more December 3, 2020

For Depression: “As of Dec. 2nd 2020, Nefazodone has NOT been discontinued, yes it is unavailable, and yes the Pharmacies computers default to Discontinued, because it is not being made due to a shortage of a raw ingredient for the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient. When it is available again ? Teva cannot say, I recommend to any of you that see this, go to the FDA Drug Shortage site, it shows you the phone number to contact Teva, ( Good idea in my opinion, to let them now how important this Medicine has been for you ) And it shows the status, and last time it was reverified, so we can keep watching updates to hopefully see some good news at some point.”

Potpourri · Taken for 10 years or more December 1, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have been on Nefazodone since 1997 after trying many other medications with terrible results. I have been told it is currently not being produced. Is this a temporary shortage? I do not believe I can exist without it!”

Nana of three November 30, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I have had depression and anxiety issues for 31 years, SSRIs do not work for me. My doctor had put me on Serzone when it first came out years ago and it was the only medication that truly worked for me. I am also on two other Atypical antidepressants to combat other issues I have with sleep and mood. The fact that I can no longer receive Nefazodone has really affected me profoundly and not being able to be on it is a shock to my system as I was not able to wean myself off of it as one should do. In my research I have found that Teva is missing a compound to manufacture it. No answer in regard if it will be available in the near future is disheartening since I would like to feel normal again. Now I am at square one again and have to see a psychiatrist, this will be my third so he can prescribe some other medication that I hope will work as well as Nefazodone has for the last 26 years.”

NefazadoneMan November 27, 2020

For Anxiety: “Hi Huggymomma, I have been on nefazodone 200mg a day for 24 years in 2021.... This is terrible for us ! Nefaozodone saved my life ! Literally ! Many of us users, who have had our lives saved from this are in the position of having to switch to something else before we run out. We all know Depression is individual based, as is anxiety, and PTSD.... doctors tweak, and try to find you a Med that WORKS ! Now where is literature in Psychiatry or Medicine that says ok, when someone with debilitating depression and anxiety, or PTSD has their life saved by a drug, and on it for decades like some of us, let's just potentially ruin the stability and switch to something else from something that worked well for them ? Nefazodone is NOT popular, and who knows if that is a factor ? Morally and ethically, SOMEONE should make this ! PLEASE TEVA ! Get this resolved, or find a company that will make it for us.... FDA please help us find someone to continue making this for us... This is a LIFESAVER for some of us !”

Anonymous November 22, 2020

For Depression: “My 94 year old aunt has been on this medicine for 30 years. Pharmacist says they have stopped making it , this is worse than death for her she is having such bad withdrawals she says the worst thing she has ever been through”

Huggymomma November 18, 2020

For Anxiety: “A close friend of mine and I have been on nefazadone 50mg for 20+ years. It has been a life saver.we cannot tolerate any other anti depressant or anti anxiety medication. Now we are experiencing a shortage of the 50’s. Wondering if we can group together to let Teva know that we depend on this drug. I called Teva to find out the availability but all the representative would say is there is an ingredient that has been difficult to obtain to make nefazadone . She would not give me anymore information. Wondering if we group together and let Teva know how important and necessary this drug is to us. Don’t know how to get this going. Please help.”

Pat · Taken for 10 years or more November 15, 2020

For Depression: “I am devastated that I can no longer get nefozadone. Been taking it 20 plus years and it has worked great. New Dr prescribed Mirtazapine and in the first 3 weeks I have have already gained 5 pounds. Anyone have good luck with something else that doesn't cause weight gain?”

JB · Taken for 10 years or more October 26, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have taken 500 mg of Nefazodone and Xanax at night for anxiety and insomnia for 25 years. I think it was quite helpful. I have been wanting to take a vacation from it to see if it was still needed, but found the withdrawal unpleasant. It is currently unavailable in the U.S. so I thought, no time like the present to titrate off of it. I’ve been reducing the dose by 175 mg every few weeks. My only withdrawal symptom has been insomnia this time. I am excited to see if it’s no longer needed.”

CG · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 23, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “After 20 years of depression, doctors and pharmaceuticals, I finally found Nefazodone. I’ve felt better in the last nine months than I have in years!!! Even through the pandemic, my anxiety has been tolerable...until today. My pharmacy tells me the drug has been discontinued!!! I hope the stuffed suits who made that decision have some idea of what they’ve done to people who rely on this medication!!! I’ll sign this Panicked and Disappointed”