User Reviews for Vivitrol

Learn more about Vivitrol.

Alcohol Dependence 16 reviews 7 medications

8.7
Opiate Dependence 61 reviews 8 medications

Summary of Vivitrol reviews 77 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Vivitrol

For Opiate Dependence "Can anyone explain why the doctor at my local clinic was a completely disgusted with me for NOT wanting to receive the Vititrol injection? I'm not in trouble with the law, but I did get caught using Suboxone, which I have been off of for over two weeks. They said I would get to know this doc. Would talk to him. Tell him my story. Well, the nurses must have tipped him off. He was defensive right off the bat. Asking why I wouldn't think it a good idea. Then basically read a list of bullet points from his laptop on success rates and how without this i will almost certainly fail. Ive never felt like this. He had no other options but to go back on Suboxone. (Not gonna happen) He slammed his laptop and said we're done. ?????"

JEphro May 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "This is my second time receiving the Vivtrol injection. It is very effective for Alcohol and Opiate dependence. I have had very little cravings for either drugs. My side effects were minimal. I highly recommend this drug for the disease of Addiction."

Grace/Mercy April 30, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "I have been a opiate user fir 15 years and yes they were prescribed and yes I still abused them. I first got off of oxycontin by using Suboxone which I bought off the streets. Sooo, I decided to try this miracle injection. I have NEVER been so miserable in my life. I don't know what's on this injection, but I've been sick for 5 days. I will wait for this drug to wear off and go back To the subs. Thanks for letting me vent"

Selma sur (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "I'm on vivitrol and I have no side effects and I'm doing fabulous I have no desire to use I was an IV user for 13 years and vivitrol saving my life"

Alynnf April 2, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "About to start"

Just looking (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Dependence "I started going to a clinic to get extra help on top of AA. My alcohol use had gotten to a very, very dangerous level. I would flirt with sobriety through AA, getting almost to 30 days, then a bad craving would hit and I couldn't resist. Then I found out about vivitrol. After my first shot it cut my cravings down ten fold. Now 4 shots in I rarely have a craving and when I do it's manageable. This has allowed me to concentrate on my recovery without also battling cravings. I'm 95 days sober today and so grateful."

Mendee86 March 24, 2017

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Dependence "I have been on the vivitrol since November 2016 I have remained sober for 5 months. The urge to drink went away and it felt good knowing that even if I drank on the shot I wouldn't feel the warm fuzzy feeling that I was so addicted to. So recently I did drink and I feel so terrible shakes.. Sick to my stomachs. Alcohol withdrawal is terrible and it really sucks. Now I know why I love feeling sober. Vivitrol had not only kept me sober it truly saved my life because I know that I have control of my life. I would recommend this to Anyone who has a problem with alcohol. It truly takes the cravings away. And helps you find yourself."

Annngggell (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "I recently went through a medical detox from heroin and after 6 days when my vitals showed I was opiate free I was administered the Vivitrol shot which is pretty deep and painful in itself. I experienced terrible symptoms like upset stomach, diarrhea, severe restlessness, muscle cramps and twitches, nausea, chills, fever, enlarged pupils, lazy eye, extreme irritableness, high anxiety, rapid heart rate, shakiness, and sleeplessness plus the sight where the shot was administered ached like an epidural. I ended up in the emergency room with an adverse reaction. I feel like death and can barely focus on my actual detox and life. Next month when this shot is hopefully out of my system I will not get it again! At least I'm off heroin!"

JTEreRiggs February 16, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "Was the sickest I have ever even been in my nightmares!! Not fun - don't get with a habit and I feel like it does nothing for cravings its just like oh I can't cuz it won't do anything., but that doesn't mean anything if ur urge to use is still there. I had a heavy heroin addict before I got shot worst withdrawals of my life!!! Worse then methadone suboxone heroin mixed into 1 times 10 tough stuff. Each is own. If u are serious about getting off the shit this is one way.. Good luck"

cakattack (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "I'm getting my 18th shot this month that means I have successfully completed the vivitrol program at a local adult facility. This shot did something not sure what but I don't have urges or wants to use drugs I was an I user and ruined my life almost but now I'm successful and nobody would ever guess how bad I use to be. And I don't ever have to be a junkie again. Thank god.... no side affects so I hope I can keep it up after this month and I hope my brain is okay with me stopping the shot."

Ive been set free!! January 18, 2017

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Dependence "I am a member of a support group for a person in their mid-20's recovering from alchohol addiction. The person has been taking monthly Vivitrol injections for about 6 months. The injections have helped the cravings, but not 100%. When the person did consume alcohol (vodka) it produced severe flu like symptoms that were similar to alchohol withdrawal. Has anyone else suffered these types of symptoms drinking alchohol while on vivitrol injections?"

SupportingGroupMember Question January 8, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "I was addicted to opiates for 4years before this shot. I finally feel like I'm not living a double life any more! I was homeless within 6 months of first becoming dependant on heroin (IV from the start) and I've wanted to stop ever since. Will power alone is not enough! I've tried every way on my own, but now, with Vivitrol , I can be confident in my recovery. It's closing in on the end of my first month on it, it has caused some stomach cramps, loss of appetite, lack of sleep, anhedonia, and slight depression. The best comparison would be the feeling when you first start to feel withdrawal setting in. My craving levels were eliminated after administration, however toward the end of the month I'm feeling them more."

Jacqattack (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "Week three after Vivitrol. Still having severe insomnia, goose bumps, depression,lack of energy and weakness. It did curb my desire for cigarettes but because I feel so horrible for so long I am craving a fix. I'm only on the fence with this injection."

Sovie201336 (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "Only way I can stay off of heroin and pain pills"

DJ86 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "Have been on the shot for 2 year's now it helped me recover from alcohol but I also found it helps my major anxiety and sleep I don't think they have done enough studies on it to see what else it can help whit"

Gypsy41 December 1, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "It works excellent have been clean 6 months. I love it."

Sweatpeasr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Dependence "I think my experience with the clinic may be coloring my opinion of Vivitrol. As far as I know, it DOES work to curb cravings--I haven't had any to speak of in the 6 months I've been getting the injections. OTOH, I've noticed that my depression gets significantly worse for a few days after each injection, then it eases up to my normal low (someday I hope to feel actual happiness again). My problem is with the clinic and the hour+ wait times. I'm clean. I'm in therapy. I go to AA meetings daily. I have a strong support system in place. But I'm thinking of discontinuing because I don't have 2.5 hours to spare every time I have an appointment (commute to clinic, time at clinic, commute to work)."

Anonymous November 25, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "Most dr. Recommend for heavy dose over two week taper I started with a half 8mg sub and decreased over 7 days on the 7th day I only took 1/16 of a sub and that was it with help from Xanax and 420 was able to make the 14 days needed for the shot but still didn't feel amazing but was getting there the only negative about the shot is that I have bad stomach pains for the first two shots already which last time I was just tired for the first 2 shots i am wondering if anyone else gets this stomach pain all day and all night"

Swim420 (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "I battled opiate addiction for 11 years and I was in and out of jails and institutions half my life and all that was left was death for me and I was a split second away from taking my last breath. I have been on Vivitrol and it has completely changed my life!"

Brock Arden (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2016

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "While the rehab changes your perception no matter how you go into in, the Vivitrol changes your brain chemistry altogether. It's the combination of being on the outside and seeing where you've made your mistakes, knowing that you have a shield guarding you at every moment. Life becomes more normal in that time. It's like a rehab that follows you. Brilliant. When I got off of the shot I had a couple moments of frustration but that was easily solved with my newfound knowledge. Mostly the knowledge of myself. I believe this could save many lives. If you don't want it but take it for someone else, at least you have a month to figure out why."

Erik black (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2016

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "Was not givin the correct information and was not monitored after injection. I was honest and told the doctor I took suboxine 6 days before the shot and he said I would be fine. Well about 30 minutes after the shot I started having terrible withdrawals. Sweating and it felt like my skin was on fire for the entire month. I urinated every 15minutes. Couldn't sleep and extreme restless leg syndrome. Constant headache and urinary tract infection to boot. Zero sex drive and bad mood the whole time. Sought therapy at Calvary house and told all my symtoms. No one cared. At 1200.00 each month why would they."

Never again ever 1985 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "There are no two ways about it, Vivitrol saved my life. In combination with rehabilitation in the outpatient setting (where I was referred to a local doctor who provides the shots; specializing in pain mgmt. & dependence issues), therapy, and receiving Vivitrol once monthly, my life has completely changed for the better. I am happier, less tense, less anxious, among other benefits. I was a hardcore addict, and would likely not be around still if it weren't for Vivitrol blocking the opiate receptors (no "high" at all; no matter how much you use) and it reducing cravings as well. I very highly recommend Vivitrol to those struggling with addiction. You'll see how much better your quality of life will be, and this shot can help you get there."

TheHumanRace (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2016

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "So ive been on the shot for 4 months now and ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK U. IM ALIVE AGAIN AND SO GREATFUL AND HAPPY!! Got my life back. Im a better mother and person.. This shot saved my life. No cravings No thoughts about percs!! Just living life LIKE WE ALL DESERVE!! Xoxo NEVER GIVE UP!! Its the best choice in life u will ever make!!!"

THighSoGrateful (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2016

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "I received my 2nd shot yesterday. I've been a heavy opiate mostly heroin IV user for 13 years I was put in jail for 14 days to clean out for my 1st shot. Immediately after the shot I had no cravings. I was put on xanax for anxiety cuz its been super high. I have acne due to the shot. I get leg cramps. It saved my life"

Dbags1124 July 19, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Dependence "After 16 years of opioid and heroin addiction I had tried everything. Methadone for 3years and off and on suboxone for 8 or more years, i tried hard to get off suboxone and it was horrid withdrawal so I relapsed on heroin. When I knew I might die if I kept it up, I put myself into a detox and planed to leave after. Stayed for rehab and the vivitrol was suggested I went back and fourth with my decision because I still wanted to drink. Finally I decided to get the shot. Side Effects: muscle spasms, constant stretching that felt great, decreased appetite, weight loss. The interactions with my 3mgs of clozepam are hard to explain. It's a high definitely but not one I like to much. If I take Bental for the stomac cramps I get really dipped out"

Viva trolling (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2016