User Reviews for Vivitrol

8.8

Opiate Dependence

Summary of Vivitrol reviews 8.1 102 reviews

Reviews for Vivitrol

For Opiate Dependence "I’m As a combat vet I ended up inpatient treatment at the VA. At first I was prescribed suboxone. Suboxone worked well while I was in inpatient. After treatment I relapsed and quickly fell. It got to a point quickly that I didn’t want to live anymore. I went back to the same inpatient treatment. I had 3 options Methodone (pushes the opiate receptor 100%). Suboxone (push’s it slightly). Vivitrol-blocks the receptor for a month. I tried vivitrol. I can tell you being 8 months sober that it is amazing. It is not just the medicine. Number one: is the desire to change. Number 2:-the knowledge I received through the VA. I have friends that have similar results "

Alive March 31, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "Listen up. It's probably worth the risk of trying it for a month to see if you get the side effects or not. I did I got extreme anxiety, depressing thoughts, and fatigue. Constant stretching and 0 motivation in the first five days. Then it's gets a little better so I don't know it drove me to go smoke meth but I didn't do heroin or want to. and now that I have made it through the 5 days of side effects I guess I could say it's worth it."

Ryguy March 26, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "My problem is I don't want the sick, irritable and withdrawaling feeling at all. I can't handle it. I have beat IV version use several times but didn't last long any suggestions."

Max (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

For Alcohol Dependence "I've been an alcoholic for the past 35 years I'm 52 pretty sad I tried every single way to stop, a year here, 6 months there. I thought I can just have one drink but it never ever worked. I tried every which way I could but it always round up to the same thing, drunk staggering in hospital or mental institute. I finally made the choice to get Vivitrol and it was the best thing I could have ever done I only had one shot so far and the craving is which I couldn't get rid of is gone. It's gone one shot I can't wait to get my second shot it's a miracle. Thank you Vivitrol and for anybody thinking about it seriously go for it it's worth your life I didn't get any side effects whatsoever God bless us all"

AnnaMoe1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I don't crave any opioids or drugs period. I got extremely sick though and have stayed sick."

KaylaSam February 20, 2018

For Alcohol Dependence "Just started and noticed sleepiness and lethargy-I am also taking 5mg of valium 2x day to wean off of Ativan. I think that in conjunction with other meds the shot is causing the effects-I take HBP medication which itself causes drowsiness so I'm hopeful that I will be able to adjust all of my meds to accommodate staying off the alcohol-Has anyone had side effects the first time/first few days similar to this? extreme sleepiness/lethargy?"

FarRockjohnny (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I am on day 16 of withdraw from Opiate and Hdrm phone I have snorted them for the last year but have been on some kind of pain med for 15 years. I have ruined my life, my kids lives, my numerous husbands lives, and my parents. I am waiting to have the vivitrol shot. I am only waiting for test results showing I am free of opioids. I'm counting on this shot to work. Someone please offer some hope if you have it."

overit2 February 10, 2018

For Opiate Dependence "I tried this the year it came out for trial runs and it worked great. I still had some sensitivity after med wore off but that only lasted bout another month. I think it worked like it was suppose to. I think you should be off your Suboxone/Subutex for more than 72 hrs for it to work properly."

ADT December 31, 2017

For Alcohol Dependence "So far on my first shot I notice a reduction in craving or thinking about alcohol. I hear after the second and third injection that the cravings go completely away. We shall see. But after the injection there is no sense in trying to get away with a drink as either you will feel deathly ill or feel nothing at all. Including no buzz or good feelings from the drink. No side effects for me. I’m happy I took the shot."

Elayna2020 December 30, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "I just completed a short term rehab and received the vivitrol shot 3 days ago. I had no side effects what so ever. It's very important that people wait at least 10 to 14 days off of any substance before receiving the shot. I got my shot on my 14th day clean. I feel amazing. Not craving heroin at all. I also started an antidepressant a few weeks ago so I'm sure that probably has a lot to do with me feeling good and being clean of course. I recommend people try the shot.. what do u have to lose.. if your serious about quitting this is perfect for you."

KimberlyV (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "If you want to be sober but can't & have tried & failed at sobriety then you are the perfect criteria. You failed at sobriety before because a chemical change, a physical dependance is making the calls putting your life in danger. You KNOW this but can't control it-- that's why you are always having anxiety & negative thoughts. You want to stop but can't manage to do so for very long. GET THE INJECTION! You will eliminate all the want/need/desire for use. Your body will heal itself giving you 100% of your attention for recovery. You will control your decisions again & no longer NEED anything to function. This injection will work & you will have chosen the fastest & most effective SOLUTION to your addiction. You need this..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "I cannot express enough how INCREDIBLE vivitrol is! I am proud to say I have 4 months clean. All the glory goes to vivitrol and God! After years spent being in a self destructive, repetetive, hopeless cycle... My Drug Of Choice's were methamphetamine and heroin (both IV). Now I no longer have cravings for EITHER substances. I am finally working. Got my drivers licence and a car. Am working on getting my GED. All things I never would have been able to do if I'd kept going from where I was. I am thankful and blessed to be alive and sober today. I 100% recommend this to everybody still suffering. My brother also got the shot after years of being in and out of jail, living on the streets, he is working now and doing wonderfully! So thankful"

Sammmmmmmmm December 2, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "Before starting Vivitrol 7 months ago I had been a heroin addict for a couple of years. If you're clean for 10-14 days before you get your first shot I can almost guarantee you won't have any horror-story adverse reactions. This drug saved my life; it took the choice out of my hands, forcing my mind to move on and buying me the time I needed to get my life together. People are depressed and all because they can't get over not being able to use, that's not a side effect of the drug it's a personal problem. I didn't experience a single side effect aside from some injection site soreness for 2-3 days after each shot - a small price to pay. If you need this and can get it, do it."

Ronald P. McDonald (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "I’ve been on vivitrol for 2.5 years an it saved my life! I cheated my way into it by getting the pill first and after 4 years of heroin use it sent me straight into withdrawal but in three days got my shot and on the 4th day I felt like a new man! No cravings no side effects and you can drink on it there is an additive they put in for alcoholics! I advise every opiate addict to seek help an get this shot it is life Saving!! Oh and as bad as this sounds I quit methadone to get back on dope soo my withdrawals were not at severe! It worked!"

Drizzy24 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "I have been on vivitrol for a month with no side effects whatsoever. A little sore at injection site for about 24 hours but really not bad at all. l don't believe naltrexone is what makes people feel like crap, it's really just withdrawal symptoms. Please do your research, have a support system, and don't let people scare you out of trying recovery! Good luck to all-"

Jen1221 September 14, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "I just want to let everyone know Suboxone withdrawal can happen days after last dose. It's not the shot that makes you sick. As for feeling lethargic and lazy as well as everything else, Welcome to recovery. It can an take several months for your body to recover back to normal. That means having energy, good appetite, sleeping normally, regular bowel movements. And that can all happen even if your not on the vivitrol shot and just doing cold turkey. So please people do your research before you post information that could sway someone from taking this method of recovery. Because it could decide on if they live or die. And yes I am talking from experience."

Tom83 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "People, if you are switching from methadone or buprenorphine (Suboxone) , do NOT get the shot right away. Both methadone and buprenorphine are long acting opiates. When a medical professional tells you that you need to stay clean for 5-7 days, they are speaking of short acting opiates. Heroin, OC, OP, OHC, and I'm sure the other codeine derivatives have a much shorter half-life (a measure of how long they stay in your body) than do methadone and buprenorphine. If you are trying to switch from one of the long acting opiates to the naltrexone shot, personally I would switch to a shorter acting opiate for two week, then stay clean off the for 4-5 days, and then get the shot. I understand this may not sit well with some people."

RussiaInMil (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2017

For Alcohol Dependence "Received my 2nd injection this week. So far, so good! No cravings and no discernible side effects from the shot. This has become a very tool in my sobriety toolbox, which includes AA, outpatient counseling and antidepressants. And, of course, my higher power, who I call the God. This shot is definitely worth a shot. ☺️"

Milo9116 August 12, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "This shot is saving my life. The first 5 days after injection were difficult due to side effects (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle aches) but they have since dissipated. I no longer feel any effects and have been clean from IV heroin for 29 days. I highly suggest this shot for anybody looking to stay off of opiates."

MyTherapistSaidSo (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "I'm Planning to be put in 17 Days in residential treatment and follow it up with vivitrol injection. I just worry because I hear that it's incredibly painful, but I an only really trying to get away from the subs... I'm down to less than 6mg but I've been IV'ing them. I still wouldn't think my bupe dose is high enough to worry about after 15 - 17 days... A friend did tell me that if you are clean enough to be eligible for it, it will make you feel like a million bucks! I'm extremely hopeful, and was hoping for some insight and / or advice, but I believe this is an awesome chance to get my life back, even though I am afraid of the sword length rig they use to do it... I just hope it all goes as well as planned, or better... #VeryAnxiousNow"

DaBirdMan July 16, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "Vivitrol has made me completely useless. I was taking methadone as prescribed every day for the last six years. I actually cut my dose in half the last 24 months. But, I decided to quit cold turkey to get on vivitrol. Now I am so miserable! I can only get myself to take a couple bites of food a day if I can keep it down. My head is constantly throbbing. I haven't slept more than two hours every night for at least a month. My body is so weak yet I'm constantly freezing and sweating. My hands shake all the time And the ringing in my ears is so loud I have a hard time hearing things sometimes. I find that I don't care about anything. I don't even want to be around my own son anymore. I am not surprised people get suicidal on this drug."

Jakwnwjxzak July 6, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "I had 10 months clean after being a heavy IV opioid user for years decided to stop on my last case which also prompted me to drug court. Well the judge for some reason put me on vivitrol even with all the clean time and program compliance. To summarise I had planned to exercise and live healthy and that is what was pushing me to stay clean, After getting the shot I felt empty confused, depressed, no drive, no motivation, no hunger, crippled libido, didn't care much about music movies or anything for that matter, excercising was torture. I asked the doctor if it would mess with my endogenous reward system twice and both times he evaded my question, seek recovery with healthy means develop skills to stay clean don't go be a lab rat for big pharma..go to inpatient"

G5444666 June 23, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "Taken the Vivitrol Shot for 6 months. It's amazing! I would be dead without it. I was addicted to Heroin for years and nearly died several times. Why is this drug not encouraged for others. It's rarely used? It saved my life."

IV Heroin User (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 11, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "Hello, I am coming off of suboxone. It has been 24 hours since the shot was administered. I feel great. Now rewind... at 1 pm I got the shot. By 2pm the withdrawals kicked in. I wasn't vomiting or anything but was very sleepy and dizzy. I went to bed. By 6 am the next morning I felt 60% better. I got up had a cup of coffee, and felt great. By 1pm (24 hours) I am about 90% percent better. I would just like to give people some encouragement. The reviews on here scared me as well. I tapered myself down before getting the shot...and I feel so far so good! It can be done! You do not have to sit home and withdrawal for weeks and even months. Everyone's body is different but I highly recommend this!"

Positive_Minds June 10, 2017

For Opiate Dependence "I had a choice between the suboxene which then I wouldn't be able to take my adderall or the vivitral which I can take with any meds. So of course I did the half pill test in the Dr's office and sat for 15 mins to see if I would have bad reaction. I was ok so then we went ahead and did the shot. I was excited to finally get this burden of the opiates that led to suboxene then stuck without knowing what to do. I'm done, don't want to live on this anymore...it's not living. I went in and did this shot and at first I freaked out when I got home like my body went into instant withdrawal . My body was spasming and I was freaked out. My cousin called 911 and they had given me 4 shots of ativan on top of two of my 2mg klonopin that I barely take."

Geeena (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017