User Reviews for Librium

Light Sedation 7.0
Summary of Librium reviews 9.1 154 reviews

Reviews for Librium

Supidgirl February 25, 2020

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “I have used Librium 4 times for detox. Then was prescribed for anxiety while sober. Hope t hasn’t lost its efficacy as I started drinking wine ( stupidly ) again).”

Maverick · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2020

For Anxiety: “I was given Librium yesterday in place of Ativan. I took one at noon yesterday and then worked an 8hour shift and had more anxiety than I felt I could handle. I took another Librium this morning and still have a lot of anxiety. It’s just not helping. I am not a fan of this medication.”

Moe · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “Was a daily alcohol drinker for 2 years straight. Tried to quit on my own but got horrible withdrawals...sweating, shaking, insomnia, crippling anxiety. Went to my dr and was prescribed Librium 10mg 3x a day for 10 days. I’m now on day 7 and I feel amazing! It can make me super tired at times but that beats having insomnia! My appetite is back to normal, I have no anxiety, my hands are still a little shaky but that’s ok! Librium saved my life!”

Missy · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “Librium does not work for me. I've tried it several times. I asked the medical staff to give me valium or ativan but they're insistent on Librium. It is heartening to read all the posts about how Librium has worked for you. Keep up the tough fight!!!”

Jack sprat · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2020

For Anxiety: “On Librium to help my cannabis withdrawal. Been taking librium for 2 days and the second day the dose was increased I feel like I had been given some kind of amphetamines or something I can barely sit still for 5 minutes and I feel like I could walk for ever or dance all night long no sedative effect what so ever, I'm currently taking 160mg today, I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else.”

Crazyalcoholic January 6, 2020

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “I went from being a daily drinker to a binge-drinker. Not really sure how it happened, but it did. I already have anxiety and panic. Have for years. I drank to drown everything out. I had broken my foot almost two years ago; it didn’t heal and I was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease. I had way too much time on my hands, so I drank... A LOT. I did an in-house detox years ago. Then, in did an in-home one, with several in between. Like, too many to count. Don’t try to detox without this drug. It can become dangerous very quickly. As I’m writing this, I’m currently detoxing... again. Each time is worse and scarier than the previous one. Librium will get you through it, but you’ll need a higher dose each time. ”

Lucky to be alive · Taken for less than 1 month December 22, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “I have been an alcoholic for years and for the last 8 very very heavy vodka drinker. I started an intensive outpatient program (IOP) and didn’t think that I would have alcohol withdrawals, I was so wrong! I started shaking, my BP spiked, felt sick, and all of the other stuff that comes from alcohol withdrawals. I frantically looked for a place to do medical detox but couldn’t find one under $1,000 a day (I don’t have health insurance). My therapist referred me to a Dr who does a Librium taper out patient. Within 1 hour of starting my taper all of my withdrawals were completely gone. After my taper was done and I had 7 days clean I decided to give myself the best chance medically possible and started on the Vivitrol monthly injections. That in combination with IOP, my therapist, and daily AA meetings my life has completely changed. I give Librium a 10/10 because it definitely got me thru my alcohol withdrawals! Gods luck to all of you on your journeys.”

Mitchell · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “After two days without alcohol I'm taking 25mgs Librium and it helps, but I feel like today it is messing me up pretty badly.”

Crissy December 14, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “Going on day 3 of using 5mg librium 3 x day to help with alcohol issues. I had been in the ER, with moderate withdrawal symptoms. This was the first time that my neurons started to fire once the alcohol level was down. It was like vertigo times 10. Ativan in the ER...then sent home with a script for Librium. It has been working very well. Just hoping I don't become dependent.”

Bo · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 10, 2019

For Anxiety: “I had a car accident closed head injury but severe 3 rd grade concussion, heart stopped E M. brought be back. I have a traumatic brain injury and am now not the same person. All kinds of meds and none worked. Some made me more violent. I prayed all the time that I would not hurt someone ; have short term memory loss too. Librium was God sent calmed me down slept through the night for the first time in years, petite Mal-seizures controlled.”

Someonewhoisntme November 20, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “Second time using Librium to help with my drinking problem. First time I was drinking half-3/5 of a fifth a day I took it like clockwork. Woke up specifically to take it. No issues at all. Second time I went into the ER (I have a heart condition...yes I know I’m an idiot for drinking with a heart condition). Told the doctor how much I was drinking and he gave me a very polite yet stern talking to and sent me home. I decided to wait and see how I felt. The next day I woke up and was shaking and sweating and had horrific nightmares. Took a Librium and within an hour I was eating and feeling much better. The only thing I notice is MILD shakes, some drowsiness, and some anxiety. But a thousand times better than how I was feeling. Now I’m gonna take it like clockwork until I know I’m safe.”

anniess · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 9, 2019

For Anxiety: “I have a 30-capsule prescription for Librium (5 mg) that I use for anxiety and panic attacks. I've had the same bottle for about four years and still have some left. Librium calms me down but allows me to function, too. Works in about 20 minutes for me, reaching maximum relaxation at about two hours. I use it mostly before medical procedures but occasionally when severely upset and unable to calm down. I tried to get my mother a prescription but her doctor insisted SSRIs are better but they weren't. SSRI caused my mother to be unable to function, to walk or even stay awake. Librium is great! I told a doctor who was going to do a spinal injection for me that I'd had a Librium. He remarked, "that's stuff's pretty good but no one prescribes it anymore." I know I had a hard time getting it but it's great so I use it judiciously.”

nate007 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 4, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “I'm 23 and I've been a heavy drinker since I was about 16 and when I quit drinking I experienced severe withdrawal symptoms. I was shaking, sweating, had a high heart rate, extreme confusion, unable to keep water or food down, and I had really bad insomnia to the point where I profusely sweat or shivered because I was too cold and did not sleep for 3 days. I started having a seizure at work and was taken to the ER. They gave me Librium. The Librium helped immensely. I was able to function normally, sleep an entire night, & it completely stopped the shaking and tremors and made me feel totally normal again. If you are reading this and you're experiencing withdrawal from alcohol, I highly recommend you go to the ER (even if you can't afford it - alcohol withdrawal can be fatal so don't tough it out.) and get treatment. It can save your life.”

Barbi · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “I have drank my whole life since early high school. I am now 46, I wasn't drunk all the time but always loved to drink. My husband developed an addiction to opiates and I started drinking all the time to deal with my emotions. Large amounts of alcohol half gallon of vodka a day. I missed allot of work and lucky I never got fired. I would take a couple of shots in the morning just to go to work. I finally reached out to my doctor for help. He prescribed librium and I have been on it for 5 days it has helped so much with my tremors and withdrawal symptoms. I am now 5 days sober and hope I can do it forever.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “This has helped I had a severely bad seizure taken to A& E It saved me being honest with myself number one & the medical staff I’m taking under supervision & now down to one before bed Librium has really helped me with the alcohol withdrawal I pray every night I will survive this awful disease”

I got lucky August 11, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “I been drinking since I was 18, I'm 51. Been drinking vodka/wine almost daily for the past few years now. Had a recent binge over a long weekend and started experiencing severe uncontrollable total-body tremors/shakes the next day which required an ER visit. They put me on ativan and a saline drip (dehydration). Prescribed me Librium; 10mg 3 x a day. That was 5 days ago and I haven't wanted a drink since and don't think I ever will again because I actually thought I was going to die. Been a long time since I felt like this and I forgot how good it feels to be sober for more than a day and hoping to keep it that way.”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “I feel like librium helped me so much. Its unfortunate we have to spend days, a week and or upwards of $2,000 in the ER to help get relief for something so many people suffer with.”

Hank · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “Gotta say in my 36 ish years I've gone through terrible withdrawals. Probably 7 times every time one course of librium killed all the side effects instantly and I'd be dead if Librium didn't exist.”

Bob_FL · Taken for 10 years or more May 10, 2019

For Anxiety: “Librium is different from other benzo's - it has a much longer half-life as opposed to its successor meds (Valium, Xanex, etc.). It's an oldie but goody. Have been on it almost 20 years and it does not lose its effectiveness. Also, it's synergistic with most antidepressants and has very few side effects (for me). Mylan makes a good generic. Most Dr.'s don't prescribe it because they think newer is better - not necessarily so.”

Doug · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “At 42 years old, I was drinking a 5th of Tequila every day even though I have Pancreatitis. I lost my job because I couldn't stop drinking because when I did stop, I got the shakes, nausea and seizures. Thankfully Librium was the drug that helped me stop and quit this vicious cycle of drinking.”

YoshisMom · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “I decided to quit drinking a few weeks ago. I experience some pretty scary side effects including hallucinations. After two visits to the ER and one hospital stay for detox, I was still having a lot of anxiety and a fast heart rate and insomnia for weeks. I sought the advice of my doctor who was compassionate and prescribed me Librium. It helped me immediately. My heart rate returned to normal, my anxiety diminished and I finally was able to sleep through the night. I urge anyone who wants to quit drinking to talk to their doctor about Librium.”

Kay January 31, 2019

For Anxiety: “So I went ER and was given Librium and zofran for the nausea. It worked great til about 3 pm the next day. I still have to take it but not as often”

Anthony · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “Amazing. Worked well. I had withdrawals that were so terrible and this did wonders for me. No shakes or anxiety. However, it did make me sleepy so I don't recommend driving.”

Butternut · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “I had what is known a "transfer addiction". I had gastric bypass surgery 6yrs ago to reduce my weight and become healthier. It worked...for about 3 yrs until my dad passed away unexpectedly. I took a drink with friends that had come to support me, and that was the beginning of my end. AA, Rehab, countless ER visits...and I have arrived at Librium. My doctor is optimistic, as am I. Let's hope it does the trick.”

Carpentermike · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: “I'm 29 and have been to the ER several times, probably about 10 for alcohol intoxication/dependency and this time the doctor actually got attitude and yelled at me and that was my wakeup call, I'm also prescribed xanax for my panic and anxiety but the librium is a miracle. Now granted I didn't drink a lot the last time I went but having GERD and drinking don't mix either and I been taking my 50mg of librium for 3 days now and I feel like a better person. Anyone who over drinks or wants to stop drinking, I suggest going to the ER, explaining everything to the doctor, and they will most likely give you librium and also ZOFRAN if you have any nausea, and you can become clean, and also going to an outpatient clinic wouldn't be a bad idea either, even though it's almost like therapy, if you relapse they are able to get you into inpatient detox. Good luck everyone, and also I strangely enjoyed your stories lol”