User Reviews for Librium

Light Sedation
7.2

Summary of Librium reviews 9.1 130 reviews

Reviews for Librium

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I'm 29 and have been to the ER several times, probably about 10 for alcohol intoxication/dependency and this time the doctor actually got attitude and yelled at me and that was my wakeup call, I'm also prescribed xanax for my panic and anxiety but the librium is a miracle. Now granted I didn't drink a lot the last time I went but having GERD and drinking don't mix either and I been taking my 50mg of librium for 3 days now and I feel like a better person. Anyone who over drinks or wants to stop drinking, I suggest going to the ER, explaining everything to the doctor, and they will most likely give you librium and also ZOFRAN if you have any nausea, and you can become clean, and also going to an outpatient clinic wouldn't be a bad idea either, even though it's almost like therapy, if you relapse they are able to get you into inpatient detox. Good luck everyone, and also I strangely enjoyed your stories lol"

Carpentermike (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I had maybe 7-10 detox attempts in Hospital at 30ish - was prescribed Librium but every time initially had awful Hallucinations (Running through wards being chased by hoards of Witches) but it worked. However 20 yrs later I still drink my Liver Gamma GT hovers around 2000 yep 2K healthy peeps less than 50. ALCOHOL is EVIL an 18yr old can buy enough to kill them WHY.- if this helps any young person - just do NOT start drinking like I did. I am educated top of School had great Job and Money. Now alone in pain feeling sick - This could be you !!"

Bro (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 2, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Alcohol, lost my best friend, my 18 year old son 2002 due to Vodka. I've been sober since 11/20/17. Librium has been best tool. Withdrawals are horrible and people die from it."

iamtim (taken for 10 years or more) October 22, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I'd rather be on librium for the rest of my life than have alcohol. What these doctors need to realize is alcohol can cause organ failure while Librium does not. We don't live a perfect world if a pill keeps me sober I'm on it for good."

Ken (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 4, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I was admitted to the VA hospital with a blood Alcohol level of .0425 (most people would be dead). Drinking for 2 months straight. Alcohol withdrawal would have killed me without this drug. Alcohol withdrawal is far more dangerous than heroin or any other drug. Thank you VA and Librium! Along with certain vitamins and IV's of fluids and vitamins! They saved my life! I cannot stress enough, detox in a hospital that knows how to treat Alcohol withdrawal, do not do it at home!"

Jarhead (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Anxiety "Librium worked like a charm for me. It is the original benzo discovered completely on accident. It led to Valium and then eventually all the others. Unlike the more modern medications in the benzodiazepine class, Librium is not fast acting, which was fine for me. Ativan, Klonapin, or Xanax would work, but kick in quickly, (which I assume is good for panic attacks) and had me feeling loopy and dizzy. With Librium, there was less side effects. I felt normal, just minus the anxiety. Also easy to stop taking altogether without any withdrawal symptoms."

Shawn (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I'm a 28 year old male who fell in love with alcohol at around 17, drinking with friends having fun. I noticed I had a problem when I found myself drinking alone everyday daydreaming about how great life was going to be when I quit drinking; (and how easy it would be). Boy was I wrong. Drinking anything I could get my hands on, the cheap high percentage stuff, beer runs, vanilla extract etc.. Not eating cause the fear of losing the buzz or easier to catch one. Then I started having seizures (about 10) when I'd stop. Straight frightening. I'd claim to have "epilepsy" denying it was the booze. I've been to countless detoxes and rehabs but never took quitting serious. This time around my doc prescribed me librium 10mg and it's good I suppose. No seizures. Day 12 without a drop. I pray for everyone going through all the symptoms of withdrawing. It's no joke."

Dover89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Been through alcohol withdrawal several times and the anxiety/panic attacks, sweats, shakes and convulsions are just hell. Last time was so bad I ended up in the ER. They gave me some librium and wow. who knew that this could make it so easy. I sailed through my withdrawal. Have joined AA now, never again."

Woll (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I've drank heavily my whole life mostly beer, but in the last years added vodka. I'd wake, make a vodka and water, lay back and drink it until I felt 'better' enough to get up. I wanted badly to stop, every time I tried, I got the DTs, so bad I couldn't type or write. The first day not drinking the hallucinations started. Spiders, I thought people were there that were not, even talking to them. My best friend suggested that I might want to try detox. I still felt I could do it on my own if I could just be strong enough. Each time got worse, shakier, scarier, sicker. I finally relented. The time period before I admitted was spent drinking myself to a BAC (Blood Alcohol Concentration of 0.348) They immediately gave me three 25mg pills of librium. Then in 4 hrs, 3 more. The dreaded DTs and other frightening things did not occur. Over 4 or 5 days they tapered the dosage of librium. The last day I did not take the Librium, no withdrawal symptoms. I haven't drank alcohol since admitted 5 weeks ago. I have no desire. Librium was my ticket out of alcoholism."

Perserverant (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I was tapering off of alcohol using beer. I caught a virus at the same time. I was vomiting the beer I was using to taper. I went into major alcohol withdrawals. I went to the ER because I thought I was having a heart attack. It was just the withdrawal. They sent me home with Librium and my symptoms are gone. I’m only on day two but I’ll take it. I still find myself craving a drink but I’m powering through it. I pray I can hold up...this time."

Skyderman (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Excellent drug for alcohol withdrawal. The only thing that worked for me!"

Bunny (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "To quit drinking it is a commitment here's my short story I was a very heavy drinker full blown alcoholic. I couldn't quit I tried many times then I got pancreatitis from heavy drinking. For about ten years drunk all day everyday I just had a brand new baby with another one on the way then back to hospital again with pancreas problems then the doc said I had maybe 10 years left of my life - that would put me at 42 years old. Librium works great I took it for 2 weeks fought threw cravings but it worked give it time stay strong aa really helps to good luck. Sober 1 year now"

Richard 3 March 11, 2018

For Anxiety "I used to suffer from panic attacks. They occurred mostly at work. I tried Clonazepam, but it just made me have sleepy panic attacks. Clonazepam worked perfectly for regular anxiety though. Librium worked like a charm. My psych put me on 2 doses per day of 25 mg. I would take one dose 1/2 hour before getting to work and another 2 hours later. That didn't cover a long enough period so she increased to 3 doses per day. I'm finding that I need 4 doses per day as my panic attacks would normally happen any time between 9am and 1pm. Since taking it I have not had any panic attacks."

MJDA January 16, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I have been an occasional binge drinker for years, going on 2-3 day tangents. The next day, I have gotten the shakes very bad. My doctor gave me Librium which really helped at one time, but it seems throughout the years I need a larger dose now. What usually works is in the am as soon as I wake up, I take one 25mg. pill. 2 hours later another 25 mg. pill, then about 4 hours after that, another, 4 hours later another. So that would 100 mg the first day. This is on the day after drinking. On the 2nd day, I usually only need one or two 25 mg. pills, Then I'm fine. I'm tired of going through this, think I'll start AA today or tomorrow. Nothing feels worse than a hangover! Drinking doesn't solve your problems!"

Ruby04 November 28, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I drank for years and years since I was 16 and this year my withdrawals started and I tried to stop but I didn’t because of horrible horrible withdrawals and NHS decided to help me and I took Librium for 8 days and all my anxiety and withdrawals disappeared after one hour! It changed my life and I’m so grateful to be given a second chance and I’m only 25!"

Scade25 November 5, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I am in my 40's. Struggled with alcohol since mid 20's. I was up to about half a large bottle of vodka a day. When I tried to stop I had hallucinations and 4 seizures. My legs were bucking. After a stay at hospital I was prescribed librium. I think it saved my life."

Teufelhunden (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

For Anxiety "Librium saved my life. I am very thankful."

Chiaradiassissi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "As a longtime binge drinker who use would drink alone, my poison of choice was a large bottle of jim beam with the handle, when I out am of jim beam I actually drank a bottle mouthwash, the great doctor gave me some Ativan and sent be home with librium.... That's for the more detailed info on tapering Down, Thanks all!"

Cheif B (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Have just started librium today for Alcohol withdrawal, I am taking 3 10mg tablets 4 times today, just wondering how many hours do you leave between each dose cos I wasn't told"

Pollypeardrop (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I've been off the drink now for 5 years!! I'm 60 yrs old, have always drank. My life went tits up, so ended up drinking a full bottle off vodka every day for months on end. Librium saved my life but you have got to want to stop"

mitch1111111 August 24, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I've been drinking since 12y/o. Relapsed hard about 3 weeks ago after the manager at work had suspected that I had been drinking at work and fired me. I spent all of the money I had left in the bank trying to drink myself to death. Had a free ride to law school and lost that, so that played a big role in my depressive drinking. Got to the hospital after I began going into withdrawals and they sedated me, and gave me a Librium prescription. I'm a 210 pound male with 12% bf so I'm a strong otherwise healthy guy. Four 25 mg first day then tapered down the second day decreasing each day by 1 pill. I'm still on 1 pill at night. You should exercise when off to control CNS excitement. Vivid dreams too. Saved me too."

A renewed AA (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I had been drinking the equivalent of a bottle of gin a day for the last 4 weeks. I'm an alcoholic who had managed to quit 4 years ago but had a serious relapse. I tried tapering down the booze, but I felt like I was losing my mind with the stuff. I wanted to go cold turkey but the withdrawals were utterly horrific - I've never felt so dreadful, the depression was indescribable, I was worried I was actually going clinically insane. I got an appointment with my doctor and he gave me a Librium prescription. On the first morning of taking the pills, I could have cried with relief at how much better the Librium made me feel - I almost felt 'normal' even though I was starting the cold turkey/withdrawal process. No shakes, no anxiety, no dread."

Floydy (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I am 60 and tried to detox last year alone when my husband was away at work. Withdrawal symptoms made me seek help, Inpatient for 5 days, admitted with 0.00 breath test and spiking heart rate and blood pressure. Immediately given Librium. Administered in decreasing doses and intensive outpatient program (IOP) for a month. Felt great. But am an alcoholic. AA did not help. So today, almost exactly a year later I have an appointment at counselling center because I am drinking in excess again. Hoping for short term Librium and may Naltrexone(which I have never taken). Self medicating and genetics."

Second Time (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I managed to successfully hide my alcohol addiction from my family/friends for years. Horrifically ashamed. Only ever drank alone. My favourite time to drink was setting my alarm for 4 am when the world is dark and it was just me and my wine, then I'd go through the work day as normal, but with intermittent drinks throughout the day. A liver failure crisis at 31 had me terrified, but I was not getting counselling or opening myself to anyone who could help. At 33 I went to a 30-day rehab. Having been through intense withdrawal (I am a 117 pound woman at 5'8"), I was petrified that they wouldn't know how to help me properly detox. I read all about Librium and felt good about it. It saved my life. And currently, has to save it again."

peasandpods (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2017

For Anxiety "Currently my medication regimen is a mess. I take xanax 1 mg twice a day, and 2mg at bedtime. And valium 5mg at 5pm and 10mg at 9pm plus ambien 10mg! And I just tried a 10mg librium and I slept very well for the first time in months any ideas?"

Davemendez8 May 16, 2017