User Reviews for Librium

Light Sedation
7.2

Summary of Librium reviews 9.1 121 reviews

Reviews for Librium

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I was tapering off of alcohol using beer. I caught a virus at the same time. I was vomiting the beer I was using to taper. I went into major alcohol withdrawals. I went to the ER because I thought I was having a heart attack. It was just the withdrawal. They sent me home with Librium and my symptoms are gone. I’m only on day two but I’ll take it. I still find myself craving a drink but I’m powering through it. I pray I can hold up...this time."

Skyderman (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Excellent drug for alcohol withdrawal. The only thing that worked for me!"

Bunny (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "To quit drinking it is a commitment here's my short story I was a very heavy drinker full blown alcoholic. I couldn't quit I tried many times then I got pancreatitis from heavy drinking. For about ten years drunk all day everyday I just had a brand new baby with another one on the way then back to hospital again with pancreas problems then the doc said I had maybe 10 years left of my life - that would put me at 42 years old. Librium works great I took it for 2 weeks fought threw cravings but it worked give it time stay strong aa really helps to good luck. Sober 1 year now"

Richard 3 March 11, 2018

For Anxiety "I used to suffer from panic attacks. They occurred mostly at work. I tried Clonazepam, but it just made me have sleepy panic attacks. Clonazepam worked perfectly for regular anxiety though. Librium worked like a charm. My psych put me on 2 doses per day of 25 mg. I would take one dose 1/2 hour before getting to work and another 2 hours later. That didn't cover a long enough period so she increased to 3 doses per day. I'm finding that I need 4 doses per day as my panic attacks would normally happen any time between 9am and 1pm. Since taking it I have not had any panic attacks."

MJDA January 16, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I have been an occasional binge drinker for years, going on 2-3 day tangents. The next day, I have gotten the shakes very bad. My doctor gave me Librium which really helped at one time, but it seems throughout the years I need a larger dose now. What usually works is in the am as soon as I wake up, I take one 25mg. pill. 2 hours later another 25 mg. pill, then about 4 hours after that, another, 4 hours later another. So that would 100 mg the first day. This is on the day after drinking. On the 2nd day, I usually only need one or two 25 mg. pills, Then I'm fine. I'm tired of going through this, think I'll start AA today or tomorrow. Nothing feels worse than a hangover! Drinking doesn't solve your problems!"

Ruby04 November 28, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I drank for years and years since I was 16 and this year my withdrawals started and I tried to stop but I didn’t because of horrible horrible withdrawals and NHS decided to help me and I took Librium for 8 days and all my anxiety and withdrawals disappeared after one hour! It changed my life and I’m so grateful to be given a second chance and I’m only 25!"

Scade25 November 5, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I am in my 40's. Struggled with alcohol since mid 20's. I was up to about half a large bottle of vodka a day. When I tried to stop I had hallucinations and 4 seizures. My legs were bucking. After a stay at hospital I was prescribed librium. I think it saved my life."

Teufelhunden (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

For Anxiety "Librium saved my life. I am very thankful."

Chiaradiassissi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "As a longtime binge drinker who use would drink alone, my poison of choice was a large bottle of jim beam with the handle, when I out am of jim beam I actually drank a bottle mouthwash, the great doctor gave me some Ativan and sent be home with librium.... That's for the more detailed info on tapering Down, Thanks all!"

Cheif B (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Have just started librium today for Alcohol withdrawal, I am taking 3 10mg tablets 4 times today, just wondering how many hours do you leave between each dose cos I wasn't told"

Pollypeardrop (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I've been off the drink now for 5 years!! I'm 60 yrs old, have always drank. My life went tits up, so ended up drinking a full bottle off vodka every day for months on end. Librium saved my life but you have got to want to stop"

mitch1111111 August 24, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I've been drinking since 12y/o. Relapsed hard about 3 weeks ago after the manager at work had suspected that I had been drinking at work and fired me. I spent all of the money I had left in the bank trying to drink myself to death. Had a free ride to law school and lost that, so that played a big role in my depressive drinking. Got to the hospital after I began going into withdrawals and they sedated me, and gave me a Librium prescription. I'm a 210 pound male with 12% bf so I'm a strong otherwise healthy guy. Four 25 mg first day then tapered down the second day decreasing each day by 1 pill. I'm still on 1 pill at night. You should exercise when off to control CNS excitement. Vivid dreams too. Saved me too."

A renewed AA (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I had been drinking the equivalent of a bottle of gin a day for the last 4 weeks. I'm an alcoholic who had managed to quit 4 years ago but had a serious relapse. I tried tapering down the booze, but I felt like I was losing my mind with the stuff. I wanted to go cold turkey but the withdrawals were utterly horrific - I've never felt so dreadful, the depression was indescribable, I was worried I was actually going clinically insane. I got an appointment with my doctor and he gave me a Librium prescription. On the first morning of taking the pills, I could have cried with relief at how much better the Librium made me feel - I almost felt 'normal' even though I was starting the cold turkey/withdrawal process. No shakes, no anxiety, no dread."

Floydy (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I am 60 and tried to detox last year alone when my husband was away at work. Withdrawal symptoms made me seek help, Inpatient for 5 days, admitted with 0.00 breath test and spiking heart rate and blood pressure. Immediately given Librium. Administered in decreasing doses and intensive outpatient program (IOP) for a month. Felt great. But am an alcoholic. AA did not help. So today, almost exactly a year later I have an appointment at counselling center because I am drinking in excess again. Hoping for short term Librium and may Naltrexone(which I have never taken). Self medicating and genetics."

Second Time (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I managed to successfully hide my alcohol addiction from my family/friends for years. Horrifically ashamed. Only ever drank alone. My favourite time to drink was setting my alarm for 4 am when the world is dark and it was just me and my wine, then I'd go through the work day as normal, but with intermittent drinks throughout the day. A liver failure crisis at 31 had me terrified, but I was not getting counselling or opening myself to anyone who could help. At 33 I went to a 30-day rehab. Having been through intense withdrawal (I am a 117 pound woman at 5'8"), I was petrified that they wouldn't know how to help me properly detox. I read all about Librium and felt good about it. It saved my life. And currently, has to save it again."

peasandpods (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2017

For Anxiety "Currently my medication regimen is a mess. I take xanax 1 mg twice a day, and 2mg at bedtime. And valium 5mg at 5pm and 10mg at 9pm plus ambien 10mg! And I just tried a 10mg librium and I slept very well for the first time in months any ideas?"

Davemendez8 May 16, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I only drank for 6 months, but in that time I ended up in the ER 3 times with alcohol poisoning. This last time, they sent me home with Librium for the shakes, and while it definitely has been a lifesaver, I'm so groggy that I can't drive right now, and after putting away the laundry I collapse in my chair like I've just ran a marathon. Hopefully, this will go away soon. I wish I'd known how bad the withdrawal would be, even after only a short time: I've never been suicidal, but I honestly would have rather died than go through the DTs (thank god the ER doc shot me full of Ativan, which knocked me out for the worst of it)"

Short But Intense May 15, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I drank 2 bottles of wine and/or beer/vodka everyday for 3 years. Went into SEVERE withdrawal. Seriously thought I was going to die. Went on Librium and it worked wonders. "

AthenaJohnsen1971 April 14, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Librium is great. I fought depression for years so I drank around 24 pack per day I later then got pancreas problems went back on librium great product"

Levi richard April 12, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I started drinking 4 years ago and before I knew it , it turned into a binge drinker. I started out with 30 pack of beer and a liter of hard alcohol that I drank straight. Well the beer made me sick So I switched to just drinking vodka straight and a chase of diet soda. When I drank , and I'd binge for up to 5 days, I'd not touch food. After 4 years of going from beer, vodka, tequila, 101 wild turkey and gin ( I'd get the half gallon) to unknown amount of visits to the ER , and loosing control of bladder/ bowel function my hubby said this is it I'm bringing you to the ER and my blood alcohol was .309 They gave me Librium and xanax saved me!! Im now on Antabuse, works wonders for me, going on a month now. Good luck "

justawyomingchic (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I've detoxed with librium (now) 5 times. Currently into my 3rd day with librium. The first couple times I detoxed with the stuff it was amazing. Just three 25MG pills a day to ward off withdrawals from 3 pints of vodka a day 3 month long benders. But I will warn you of this.....you build a tolerance to librium. This time I needed more 25MG pills in just the first 24 hrs. Then 4 on day two and now I'm down to 3 (will wean off over the next few days). Stuff is still amazing but don't be an idiot like me and bounce between booze (to the point of almost death) and then benzo's; just to drink booze again."

pontiac9449 (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I was prescribed 25mg for 5 days first day every 6 hours second day every 8 hours 3rd day every 12 hours 4th day at bed time and 5th day at bed time I was drinking heavily for 8 months straight every day no break 375 ml cognac and a champagne on top of that if I wasn't drinking that I was drink a 750ml of vodka 80 proof I try to stop and my BP was through the roof my doctor told me to keep drinking until I came into her office for the prescription that was for 6 days I had to keep drinking and I finally got the script I haven't started yet I start tonight at the time I usually have my first drink I will let you know how it went for these next 5 days my doctor said it's the best alcohol withdrawal medication I'm so over drinking I'm only 29"

Getting sober 29 yO female (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I've been drinking for about three years now! To try and take away the depression and anxiety. (I do realise drink is the worst thing to madicate with) As I write this, I had just woke up on my back, vomiting. Four day drinking session. Not a morsel of food past my lips. 25/30 cans of Guinness per day. I've lost the ability to walk properly. For several years now, when I stand up, my legs just buckle. I take diazepam too. They are of no help anymore! I was taken into hospital two months ago. Family had rang an ambulance. I had alcohol poisoning, and taken a seizure. Librium really helped with the withdrawals in hospital. I wish any of you suffering all the very best! Alcohol dependancy is such a lonely road to walk."

James1980 March 8, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I was drinking for 4 years and tried numerous rehab centers, all of which did not believe in providing drugs, just vitamins.... I tried to stop on my own the other day and sat in the living room shaking and shivering. I finally went to my Dr. Yesterday and he prescribed Librium to help with the shakes and anxiety. Day 2 and feeling much better... the drug works for the shakes and pain of withdrawal... I know I have a long road ahead to actually clean up my act, but the drug is a great start to dealing with the discomfort. I tried to write on my computer yesterday but the shakes would not allow me to make any sense, today, I can write with fairly good ability. The Librium definitely helps. Good Luck everyone in recovery, it can be a struggle"

Styk February 22, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Simply put. Librium saved my life!"

Greatful (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017