User Reviews for Librium

Light Sedation
7.2

Summary of Librium reviews 9.1 135 reviews

Reviews for Librium

For Alcohol Withdrawal "At 42 years old, I was drinking a 5th of Tequila every day even though I have Pancreatitis. I lost my job because I couldn't stop drinking because when I did stop, I got the shakes, nausea and seizures. Thankfully Librium was the drug that helped me stop and quit this vicious cycle of drinking."

Doug (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I decided to quit drinking a few weeks ago. I experience some pretty scary side effects including hallucinations. After two visits to the ER and one hospital stay for detox, I was still having a lot of anxiety and a fast heart rate and insomnia for weeks. I sought the advice of my doctor who was compassionate and prescribed me Librium. It helped me immediately. My heart rate returned to normal, my anxiety diminished and I finally was able to sleep through the night. I urge anyone who wants to quit drinking to talk to their doctor about Librium."

YoshisMom (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2019

For Anxiety "So I went ER and was given Librium and zofran for the nausea. It worked great til about 3 pm the next day. I still have to take it but not as often"

Kay January 31, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Amazing. Worked well. I had withdrawals that were so terrible and this did wonders for me. No shakes or anxiety. However, it did make me sleepy so I don't recommend driving."

Anthony (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I had what is known a "transfer addiction". I had gastric bypass surgery 6yrs ago to reduce my weight and become healthier. It worked...for about 3 yrs until my dad passed away unexpectedly. I took a drink with friends that had come to support me, and that was the beginning of my end. AA, Rehab, countless ER visits...and I have arrived at Librium. My doctor is optimistic, as am I. Let's hope it does the trick."

Butternut (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I'm 29 and have been to the ER several times, probably about 10 for alcohol intoxication/dependency and this time the doctor actually got attitude and yelled at me and that was my wakeup call, I'm also prescribed xanax for my panic and anxiety but the librium is a miracle. Now granted I didn't drink a lot the last time I went but having GERD and drinking don't mix either and I been taking my 50mg of librium for 3 days now and I feel like a better person. Anyone who over drinks or wants to stop drinking, I suggest going to the ER, explaining everything to the doctor, and they will most likely give you librium and also ZOFRAN if you have any nausea, and you can become clean, and also going to an outpatient clinic wouldn't be a bad idea either, even though it's almost like therapy, if you relapse they are able to get you into inpatient detox. Good luck everyone, and also I strangely enjoyed your stories lol"

Carpentermike (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I had maybe 7-10 detox attempts in Hospital at 30ish - was prescribed Librium but every time initially had awful Hallucinations (Running through wards being chased by hoards of Witches) but it worked. However 20 yrs later I still drink my Liver Gamma GT hovers around 2000 yep 2K healthy peeps less than 50. ALCOHOL is EVIL an 18yr old can buy enough to kill them WHY.- if this helps any young person - just do NOT start drinking like I did. I am educated top of School had great Job and Money. Now alone in pain feeling sick - This could be you !!"

Bro (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 2, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Alcohol, lost my best friend, my 18 year old son 2002 due to Vodka. I've been sober since 11/20/17. Librium has been best tool. Withdrawals are horrible and people die from it."

iamtim (taken for 10 years or more) October 22, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I'd rather be on librium for the rest of my life than have alcohol. What these doctors need to realize is alcohol can cause organ failure while Librium does not. We don't live a perfect world if a pill keeps me sober I'm on it for good."

Ken (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 4, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I was admitted to the VA hospital with a blood Alcohol level of .0425 (most people would be dead). Drinking for 2 months straight. Alcohol withdrawal would have killed me without this drug. Alcohol withdrawal is far more dangerous than heroin or any other drug. Thank you VA and Librium! Along with certain vitamins and IV's of fluids and vitamins! They saved my life! I cannot stress enough, detox in a hospital that knows how to treat Alcohol withdrawal, do not do it at home!"

Jarhead (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Anxiety "Librium worked like a charm for me. It is the original benzo discovered completely on accident. It led to Valium and then eventually all the others. Unlike the more modern medications in the benzodiazepine class, Librium is not fast acting, which was fine for me. Ativan, Klonapin, or Xanax would work, but kick in quickly, (which I assume is good for panic attacks) and had me feeling loopy and dizzy. With Librium, there was less side effects. I felt normal, just minus the anxiety. Also easy to stop taking altogether without any withdrawal symptoms."

Shawn (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I'm a 28 year old male who fell in love with alcohol at around 17, drinking with friends having fun. I noticed I had a problem when I found myself drinking alone everyday daydreaming about how great life was going to be when I quit drinking; (and how easy it would be). Boy was I wrong. Drinking anything I could get my hands on, the cheap high percentage stuff, beer runs, vanilla extract etc.. Not eating cause the fear of losing the buzz or easier to catch one. Then I started having seizures (about 10) when I'd stop. Straight frightening. I'd claim to have "epilepsy" denying it was the booze. I've been to countless detoxes and rehabs but never took quitting serious. This time around my doc prescribed me librium 10mg and it's good I suppose. No seizures. Day 12 without a drop. I pray for everyone going through all the symptoms of withdrawing. It's no joke."

Dover89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Been through alcohol withdrawal several times and the anxiety/panic attacks, sweats, shakes and convulsions are just hell. Last time was so bad I ended up in the ER. They gave me some librium and wow. who knew that this could make it so easy. I sailed through my withdrawal. Have joined AA now, never again."

Woll (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I've drank heavily my whole life mostly beer, but in the last years added vodka. I'd wake, make a vodka and water, lay back and drink it until I felt 'better' enough to get up. I wanted badly to stop, every time I tried, I got the DTs, so bad I couldn't type or write. The first day not drinking the hallucinations started. Spiders, I thought people were there that were not, even talking to them. My best friend suggested that I might want to try detox. I still felt I could do it on my own if I could just be strong enough. Each time got worse, shakier, scarier, sicker. I finally relented. The time period before I admitted was spent drinking myself to a BAC (Blood Alcohol Concentration of 0.348) They immediately gave me three 25mg pills of librium. Then in 4 hrs, 3 more. The dreaded DTs and other frightening things did not occur. Over 4 or 5 days they tapered the dosage of librium. The last day I did not take the Librium, no withdrawal symptoms. I haven't drank alcohol since admitted 5 weeks ago. I have no desire. Librium was my ticket out of alcoholism."

Perserverant (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I was tapering off of alcohol using beer. I caught a virus at the same time. I was vomiting the beer I was using to taper. I went into major alcohol withdrawals. I went to the ER because I thought I was having a heart attack. It was just the withdrawal. They sent me home with Librium and my symptoms are gone. I’m only on day two but I’ll take it. I still find myself craving a drink but I’m powering through it. I pray I can hold up...this time."

Skyderman (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Excellent drug for alcohol withdrawal. The only thing that worked for me!"

Bunny (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "To quit drinking it is a commitment here's my short story I was a very heavy drinker full blown alcoholic. I couldn't quit I tried many times then I got pancreatitis from heavy drinking. For about ten years drunk all day everyday I just had a brand new baby with another one on the way then back to hospital again with pancreas problems then the doc said I had maybe 10 years left of my life - that would put me at 42 years old. Librium works great I took it for 2 weeks fought threw cravings but it worked give it time stay strong aa really helps to good luck. Sober 1 year now"

Richard 3 March 11, 2018

For Anxiety "I used to suffer from panic attacks. They occurred mostly at work. I tried Clonazepam, but it just made me have sleepy panic attacks. Clonazepam worked perfectly for regular anxiety though. Librium worked like a charm. My psych put me on 2 doses per day of 25 mg. I would take one dose 1/2 hour before getting to work and another 2 hours later. That didn't cover a long enough period so she increased to 3 doses per day. I'm finding that I need 4 doses per day as my panic attacks would normally happen any time between 9am and 1pm. Since taking it I have not had any panic attacks."

MJDA January 16, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I have been an occasional binge drinker for years, going on 2-3 day tangents. The next day, I have gotten the shakes very bad. My doctor gave me Librium which really helped at one time, but it seems throughout the years I need a larger dose now. What usually works is in the am as soon as I wake up, I take one 25mg. pill. 2 hours later another 25 mg. pill, then about 4 hours after that, another, 4 hours later another. So that would 100 mg the first day. This is on the day after drinking. On the 2nd day, I usually only need one or two 25 mg. pills, Then I'm fine. I'm tired of going through this, think I'll start AA today or tomorrow. Nothing feels worse than a hangover! Drinking doesn't solve your problems!"

Ruby04 November 28, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I drank for years and years since I was 16 and this year my withdrawals started and I tried to stop but I didn’t because of horrible horrible withdrawals and NHS decided to help me and I took Librium for 8 days and all my anxiety and withdrawals disappeared after one hour! It changed my life and I’m so grateful to be given a second chance and I’m only 25!"

Scade25 November 5, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I am in my 40's. Struggled with alcohol since mid 20's. I was up to about half a large bottle of vodka a day. When I tried to stop I had hallucinations and 4 seizures. My legs were bucking. After a stay at hospital I was prescribed librium. I think it saved my life."

Teufelhunden (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

For Anxiety "Librium saved my life. I am very thankful."

Chiaradiassissi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "As a longtime binge drinker who use would drink alone, my poison of choice was a large bottle of jim beam with the handle, when I out am of jim beam I actually drank a bottle mouthwash, the great doctor gave me some Ativan and sent be home with librium.... That's for the more detailed info on tapering Down, Thanks all!"

Cheif B (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Have just started librium today for Alcohol withdrawal, I am taking 3 10mg tablets 4 times today, just wondering how many hours do you leave between each dose cos I wasn't told"

Pollypeardrop (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I've been off the drink now for 5 years!! I'm 60 yrs old, have always drank. My life went tits up, so ended up drinking a full bottle off vodka every day for months on end. Librium saved my life but you have got to want to stop"

mitch1111111 August 24, 2017