User Reviews for Clorazepate

Also known as: Tranxene, Tranxene T-Tab

Clorazepate has an average rating of 8.9 out of 10 from a total of 42 ratings on Drugs.com. 90% of those users who reviewed Clorazepate reported a positive effect, while 5% reported a negative effect.

Anxiety
Alcohol Withdrawal
10.0
Seizure Prevention
Summary of Clorazepate reviews 8.9 42 reviews

Reviews for Clorazepate

Ger · Taken for 10 years or more April 20, 2021

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: “I became frightened, panicky, and in constant pain 40 years ago. I constantly fought with myself over everything. I was harsh with my children. A tough old country doctor gave me Tranxene, 15 mg. I took that for years, I had a calm professional career, I had no trouble driving or sleeping or using machinery. Now I am 70 years old and only need 7.5mg. Over the years many young doctors talked me into trying Prozac, Xanax, Zoloft etc. HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS! However, I have always started my day with half my dose of tranxend to keep me focused and alert. Without this meds I do believe I would not be here. God bless you Dr. F.”

FeelingBetter November 15, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have taken this drug clorazepate for at least 7 years. Over time I did need to take a higher dose for it to keep working. Starting at 15mg up to 60mg , half as soon as I get up and the other early afternoon. In the last 6 months I’ve been able to drop to 30 mg and it works wonders. I had sporadic anxiety , mostly social anxiety and physical symptoms mostly of sweeting and tension. With this drug , all gone. What it doesn’t do for me is help with sleep, but I’ll take anxiety relief anyway. I could not function without it”

Chapin Wiz · Taken for 10 years or more September 29, 2020

“I have been taking Tranzene for over 40 yrs. At first I used it for panic attacks. I grew out of that. I have sleep issues now that I use Tranzene for. I take 1/2 tab of a 3.75 [lowest dose] with a tylenol and it does the job. With me, it has been a Rx. that has been very helpful.”

Holly25372537 September 10, 2014

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: “I have been on this medicine over thirty yrs. Back then it was a "new trendy medicine" to help people with panic disorder. This has worked for me so I can live a normal life.. actually a MORE then Normal life! I had tried Xanax and many others with NO avail. This medicine has been extremely effective due to the long shelf life it works for me great! I was able to be a great mother, friend, and work my way up at work. I feel so many would benefit from this wonderful medicine as long as they take as Dr. orders it. Yes, over a time.. your body needs more of it. I have never experience any bad side effects from this medicine. I wish more Dr's were informed of this medicine truly being a "medicine"! Please docs, help your patients!”

Beverly Anne July 23, 2013

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: “Traxene is one of the older medicines. I like it much better than Klonopin. I am on the second dose of 7.5. I do not take it every day, only as needed. It has no side effects like the newer medicines. It relives anxiety in about one hour, not as fast as others, but longer acting. It even takes away my sadness, which is probably caused from anxiety. I hope they never remove this medicine from the market. It is a wonderful stabilizer. Hope this helps others who read this.”

liccione November 30, 2015

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: “15 mg as needed no more than 2 times a day was absolutely the right dosage for me. Side effects NONE. Very effective for panic attacks and general anxiety. I have tried most benzos, this is by far the best.”

bebe25 October 21, 2014

For Anxiety: “I started on clorazepate 7.5 mg over 25 years ago. I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety, I lost my son from cancer in 1988 at age 18 and lost another son in 2013 at age 47, I use this medicine as needed and it has helped with anxiety, sadness and other issues, no side effects other than helps me feel normal. Some days it is so hard to go on this medication keeps me from dwelling on the sadness. The only other medication I am on is a blood pressure pill.”

Jackie Blue · Taken for 10 years or more July 14, 2016

For Anxiety: “I have taken TRanxene/Clorazepate since 1972, when my doctor had me try it after a suicide attempt due to severe anxiety and needing out of my marriage to a violent, threatening man. It works in half an hour, and no side effects. Just lets you survive some terribly sad circumstances like friend being shot, worry about son serving overseas, behavior of bipolar second son, tornado hitting home, severe pain from two injuries to spine...you name it. I don't know why it isn't prescribed more. No headaches, no stomach cramps, no mania, etc. just lets you quit the tears and fears and get back to work. Especially love that you can just take as needed vs taking a pill that DOESNT help, 3x a day for all eternity.”

Ex-medic December 6, 2016

For Anxiety: “I have been on traxene for about a year and a half. They started me on 7.5mg 2x a day. That helped but was not quite taking care of all of my symptoms. I was a paramedic in N.C. for 17 years and also worked at ground zero in 2001. Was diagnosed with PTSD. I asked my doctor if I could go on a higher dose so he moved me up to 15mg 2x a day and it has worked wonders. I feel like a normal person like I did when I was a child and did have to worry about everything. I am no longer a paramedic. Had to get out of that field because I do believe that is what caused my problems. But I live a happy healthy life now thanks so much to tranxene...”

Severe Anxiety/Panic Attacks · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2013

For Anxiety: “I on Klonopin 2mg 3xdaily, for many yrs. I don't know if others have experienced the same thing or not. But, I felt I, either had been on it so long it lost some of it's effectiveness, or my anxiety and panic attacks got worse due to a tragedy. But I switched to Clorazepate and I cannot believe how much better I feel. I took it before, yrs ago, for a couple of months, and I do urge you not to start out on an extreme high dose, until you know how it works for you, and if you need to increase it, you can. A true lifesaver for me. Good luck to you others out there.”

Tomas · Taken for less than 1 month February 29, 2020

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: “Tranzene A wonder drug for me, my anxiety got so severe that I couldn't eat, daily chest pain, shortness of breath, confusion, fear and just a few to name. For me, tranxene is better than common benzodiazepine. A dose of a 5mg tablet does wonders. If I take in the morning, it lasts till late evening. So next pdoc appointment I'll ask for 2x5mg dose during the day. Recommend.”

FurrFurrGurrl · Taken for 10 years or more March 12, 2020

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: “I have been taking generic Tranxene since 2010. 7.5 mg up to 2x a day as needed. This medicine is a lifesaver. It stops panic attacks and, most importantly for me, it stops the ruminating thoughts in their tracks. This allows me to go about my day unimpeded by going over and over things that make me feel bad about myself. I've had no side effects from taking it. I did have 1 perscription for Xanax in the mid '90s. It did nothing. No help what-so-ever.”

boobo123 August 29, 2011

For Anxiety: “I've taken Valium and Xanax but the side effects were to strong. Clorazepate works just fine. No side effects and it is a calmer medicine than the rest. I strongly recommend clorazepate for anyone with anxiety troubles.”

Doctor Kyle April 29, 2008

Tranxene SD (clorazepate) for Anxiety: “Tranxene-SD (Clorazepate-Single Dose) has helped immensely for my worry, anxiety, and major panic disorder! I take 22.5mg in the morning (2x 11.25 tablets) and Klonopin (Clonazepam) for my major panic disorder. The Tranxene-SD helps keep the all day anxiety and worry from erupting into a panic attack to where I have to take the Klonopin. It keeps me calm until I feel the need I have to take the Klonopin. It's been around since 1972, and it works great. I recommend it for all day anxiety!”

SK_okay March 26, 2017

For Anxiety: “I have tried various medications for anxiety/social phobia over the past 16 years. I have been prescribed several different antidepressants but none of them fix the anxiety. My doctor prescribed clorazepate 3.75 mg 1x a day (at bedtime) after my mother passed away and my anxiety got worse and I could not sleep at night. This medicine plus an antidepressant works so much better than an antidepressant alone. When I moved out of state my new Dr. wanted to take me off clorazepate because she said it is addictive. More Drs. need to realize this drug is a lifesaver for those who cannot tolerate valium, klonopin, etc. Clorazepate causes no side effects and I have never needed a higher dose in 8 years.”

ogemaw · Taken for 10 years or more May 12, 2019

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: “I have had a prescription for tranzene [3.75 mg] for 40 years and it works for anxiety tremendously. Earlier in my life, it also helped with panic attacks and anxiety. At this point in my life, I use it to help with sleep. I take 1/2 tab. with 1 Tylenol and it's ZZZZ time”

amandacruz1983 March 20, 2015

For Anxiety: “I take Tranxene 7.5 2x a day. It has helped my anxiety and panic attacks a great deal. Unfortunately my doctor feels like it is addictive so he is weaning me off of them as he slowly tapers me onto Buspar. Not sure how I feel about this because I've always lived by the rule, leave well enough alone.”

Merkman May 13, 2010

For Anxiety: “I have just been prescribed clorazapate after trying Zoloft for anxiety which did not help me at all for anxiety. My doctor decided to put me on this after I told him that and it has seemed to control my anxiety and panic attacks to a certain extent. I am glad that I finally found a medication that actually gives me a noticeable change rather than something you must take in order for it to build up in your system for its full effects. The only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because it doesn't seem to completely eliminate my symptoms as I had hoped it would. The medicine however does do a very good job controlling my symptoms to a point where I can live a normal life again as I had been doing prior to this onset of chronic anxiety.”

cl · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 25, 2020

For Anxiety: “Why is this so uncommon now? This is by far the very best anxiety med I have ever taken. Yes at first it will make you feel like a zombie but I do not experience any side effects or withdrawals when I don’t take it. It’s not like klonipin that causes psychosis. Valium has an 8 day half life so you’re fine until day 9. This one is quick acting but also short lived, which is fine for PTSD. It works in @30 minutes and wears off in about 4 hours. I take 15 mg 3 times a day if needed. Valium is almost as effective but the others are not. Makes PTSD anxiety manageable.”

Grumpygirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 2, 2013

For Anxiety: “My doctor put me on this for agoraphobia. Due to high levels of stress associated with having 3 teenagers in the house, as well as one of them with behavioral problems and another with medical problems, my dose has to be upped. It seems to have NO effect whatsoever once the anxiety hits high levels (and then take it). If I take my dose of 15mg about 20 minutes BEFORE I know something will happen (such as leaving the house) my anxiety is much lower.”

Pipes · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2020

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: “Have been taking tranxene now for about 3-4 weeks and it's worked great for my general anxiety but not for underlying anxiety. Still have panic attacks but this med still works great. I take 15 mg at night and it knocks me out”

DeDe59 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2019

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: “Back on Tranxene (I have anxiety) and it feels great. I am calmer and feel much better. I also started taking 20mg of Paxil now I'm taking 30mg my the therapeutic is 60mg. So when I go back next month the dosage may go up again. Tranxene calms me down physically but not mentally. I hope keeps doing what it's suppose to.”

Stressful job · Taken for 10 years or more April 24, 2017

For Anxiety: “It is better than nothing. But Xanax works much better. My previous dr in another city prescribed Xanax. I took it as needed for about 20 yrs. It kicked in almost immediately so I only took it when a bad situation occurred. I never became dependent or addicted. Current dr (different location) refuses to prescribe Xanax & will only let me have Tranxene. Since it doesn't kick in quickly I have to take it in anticipation of the occurrence of a bad situation. So I take it every day 1st thing when I get up so it will be in my system by the time I get to work. So I take more of it & it works less well than Xanax. More drs need to know that Xanax is not really addictive & it works far better than Tranxene.”

Juju · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 10, 2019

For Anxiety: “Four years ago I started clorazepate 3.75 at night to help with a burning tongue and panic attacks. My dr said the burning tongue was from an overactive nerve and allergies I didn’t know I had to mint. Within three months the burning was gone and I didn’t have any more panic attacks. About three months ago my pharmacist started using a different manufacturer and at first I felt great... no problems. Then about a week ago (three months later) I started having very vivid dreams. Nothing that would cause me harm... just nightmares or very realistic dreams which I didn’t have before. I’m wondering if it started due to change of manufacturing pharma? I still feel good , no panic attacks... but I don’t like that these dreams have started and I’m wondering if they will go away once I get use to these pills from this manufacturer or if I should try to find another pharmacy that carries the other manufacturer pill?”

Streaker December 16, 2009

For Anxiety: “I have been taking it for twenty years with no known side effects. On days I forget to take it I experience anxiety and then realize I forgot to take it. My Doctor wants to weene me off it by taking half the dosage but I'm not comfortable with that idea.”

Benny · Taken for 10 years or more December 2, 2019

For Anxiety: “General Anxiety Disorder is a chronic disorder. The appropriate treatment for life is Tranxene. I take 15mg QID daily even at age 64. Anything less does not work. Maintenance dose even for elderly. I do experience sleepiness.”

Rx2009 October 27, 2009

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Seizure Prevention: “Tranxene provided a tolerable transition from Valium dependency (for Grand Mal seizures) to less addictive options: Lamictal and clonazapam work for me at fairly low doses. Save the Valium for status epilepticus and such. Nothing works better, but the risks outweigh the benefits when you're talking everyday/lifetime seizure control.”

DeDe59 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2019

Tranxene T-Tab (clorazepate) for Anxiety: “Worked great on my anxiety. I had to stop talking Tranxene because my insurance ended. Will start back February 1st. I already have an appointment set up. It calms you naturally and stays in your system longer.”