User Reviews for Clorazepate

Also known as: Tranxene, Tranxene SD, Tranxene T-Tab

Learn more about Clorazepate.

Alcohol Withdrawal 1 reviews 17 medications

9.4
Anxiety 25 reviews 56 medications

8.4
Seizure Prevention 1 reviews 32 medications

Summary of Clorazepate reviews 27 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Clorazepate

For Anxiety: "It is better than nothing. But Xanax works much better. My previous dr in another city prescribed Xanax. I took it as needed for about 20 yrs. It kicked in almost immediately so I only took it when a bad situation occurred. I never became dependent or addicted. Current dr (different location) refuses to prescribe Xanax & will only let me have Tranxene. Since it doesn't kick in quickly I have to take it in anticipation of the occurrence of a bad situation. So I take it every day 1st thing when I get up so it will be in my system by the time I get to work. So I take more of it & it works less well than Xanax. More drs need to know that Xanax is not really addictive & it works far better than Tranxene."

Stressful job (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have tried various medications for anxiety/social phobia over the past 16 years. I have been prescribed several different antidepressants but none of them fix the anxiety. My doctor prescribed clorazepate 3.75 mg 1x a day (at bedtime) after my mother passed away and my anxiety got worse and I could not sleep at night. This medicine plus an antidepressant works so much better than an antidepressant alone. When I moved out of state my new Dr. wanted to take me off clorazepate because she said it is addictive. More Drs. need to realize this drug is a lifesaver for those who cannot tolerate valium, klonopin, etc. Clorazepate causes no side effects and I have never needed a higher dose in 8 years."

SK_okay March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Good experience it worked for me well"

Mloww January 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been on traxene for about a year and a half. They started me on 7.5mg 2x a day. That helped but was not quite taking care of all of my symptoms. I was a paramedic in N.C. for 17 years and also worked at ground zero in 2001. Was diagnosed with PTSD. I asked my doctor if I could go on a higher dose so he moved me up to 15mg 2x a day and it has worked wonders. I feel like a normal person like I did when I was a child and did have to worry about everything. I am no longer a paramedic. Had to get out of that field because I do believe that is what caused my problems. But I live a happy healthy life now thanks so much to tranxene..."

Ex-medic December 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: "I took it for a month to come off my valium it was great no longer on any benzos Its great"

Crispy 38 November 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have taken TRanxene/Clorazepate since 1972, when my doctor had me try it after a suicide attempt due to severe anxiety and needing out of my marriage to a violent, threatening man. It works in half an hour, and no side effects. Just lets you survive some terribly sad circumstances like friend being shot, worry about son serving overseas, behavior of bipolar second son, tornado hitting home, severe pain from two injuries to spine...you name it. I don't know why it isn't prescribed more. No headaches, no stomach cramps, no mania, etc. just lets you quit the tears and fears and get back to work. Especially love that you can just take as needed vs taking a pill that DOESNT help, 3x a day for all eternity."

Jackie Blue (taken for 10 years or more) July 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: "15 mg as needed no more than 2 times a day was absolutely the right dosage for me. Side effects NONE. Very effective for panic attacks and general anxiety. I have tried most benzos, this is by far the best."

liccione November 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I take 5mg for generalized anxiety disorder in an as needed basis. It makes sleepy and it doesnt help with the anxiety as I want it too. It is perfect for insomnia but for anxiety, it doesnt do much for me."

makrysx April 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tranxene SD (clorazepate) for Anxiety: "I had taken this medicine in place of Xanax. I found Tranxene to be a life saver. Thank you"

RoeMB March 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I take Tranxene 7.5 2x a day. It has helped my anxiety and panic attacks a great deal. Unfortunately my doctor feels like it is addictive so he is weaning me off of them as he slowly tapers me onto Buspar. Not sure how I feel about this because I've always lived by the rule, leave well enough alone."

amandacruz1983 March 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I started on clorazepate 7.5 mg over 25 years ago. I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety, I lost my son from cancer in 1988 at age 18 and lost another son in 2013 at age 47, I use this medicine as needed and it has helped with anxiety, sadness and other issues, no side effects other than helps me feel normal. Some days it is so hard to go on this medication keeps me from dwelling on the sadness. The only other medication I am on is a blood pressure pill."

bebe25 October 21, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: "I have been on this medicine over thirty yrs. Back then it was a "new trendy medicine" to help people with panic disorder. This has worked for me so I can live a normal life.. actually a MORE then Normal life! I had tried Xanax and many others with NO avail. This medicine has been extremely effective due to the long shelf life it works for me great! I was able to be a great mother, friend, and work my way up at work. I feel so many would benefit from this wonderful medicine as long as they take as Dr. orders it. Yes, over a time.. your body needs more of it. I have never experience any bad side effects from this medicine. I wish more Dr's were informed of this medicine truly being a "medicine"! Please docs, help your patients!"

Holly25372537 September 10, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: "I've taken this for years (3.75mg.) only as needed and it has always worked well and never given me that "high" feeling. It just brings me back to being myself."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 28, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: "I was on several different more common anxiety medicines and they would wear off to quickly. Tranxene seams to be more stable and consistent levels in my body. Very helpful."

LMK1910 January 2, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I on Klonopin 2mg 3xdaily, for many yrs. I don't know if others have experienced the same thing or not. But, I felt I, either had been on it so long it lost some of it's effectiveness, or my anxiety and panic attacks got worse due to a tragedy. But I switched to Clorazepate and I cannot believe how much better I feel. I took it before, yrs ago, for a couple of months, and I do urge you not to start out on an extreme high dose, until you know how it works for you, and if you need to increase it, you can. A true lifesaver for me. Good luck to you others out there."

Severe Anxiety/Panic Attacks (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "My doctor put me on this for agoraphobia. Due to high levels of stress associated with having 3 teenagers in the house, as well as one of them with behavioral problems and another with medical problems, my dose has to be upped. It seems to have NO effect whatsoever once the anxiety hits high levels (and then take it). If I take my dose of 15mg about 20 minutes BEFORE I know something will happen (such as leaving the house) my anxiety is much lower."

Grumpygirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: "Traxene is one of the older medicines. I like it much better than Klonopin. I am on the second dose of 7.5. I do not take it every day, only as needed. It has no side effects like the newer medicines. It relives anxiety in about one hour, not as fast as others, but longer acting. It even takes away my sadness, which is probably caused from anxiety. I hope they never remove this medicine from the market. It is a wonderful stabilizer. Hope this helps others who read this."

Beverly Anne July 23, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Kept me calm and less stressed and less irritable."

Anonymous June 12, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: "Worked well for my panic attacks, not as fast as Xanax but worked!"

Daveguess January 13, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Have used as needed for anxiety. 7.5 mg 2-4 times a day. Not habit forming nor no withdrawal problems if I stop taking. Does not make me drowsy."

Anonymous November 21, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Similar to Valium except no active metabolites. Was a very good anti-anxiety medicine for me."

alankay September 5, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've taken Valium and Xanax but the side effects were to strong. Clorazepate works just fine. No side effects and it is a calmer medicine than the rest. I strongly recommend clorazepate for anyone with anxiety troubles."

boobo123 August 29, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have just been prescribed clorazapate after trying Zoloft for anxiety which did not help me at all for anxiety. My doctor decided to put me on this after I told him that and it has seemed to control my anxiety and panic attacks to a certain extent. I am glad that I finally found a medication that actually gives me a noticeable change rather than something you must take in order for it to build up in your system for its full effects. The only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because it doesn't seem to completely eliminate my symptoms as I had hoped it would. The medicine however does do a very good job controlling my symptoms to a point where I can live a normal life again as I had been doing prior to this onset of chronic anxiety."

Merkman May 13, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been taking it for twenty years with no known side effects. On days I forget to take it I experience anxiety and then realize I forgot to take it. My Doctor wants to weene me off it by taking half the dosage but I'm not comfortable with that idea."

Streaker December 16, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Seizure Prevention: "Tranxene provided a tolerable transition from Valium dependency (for Grand Mal seizures) to less addictive options: Lamictal and clonazapam work for me at fairly low doses. Save the Valium for status epilepticus and such. Nothing works better, but the risks outweigh the benefits when you're talking everyday/lifetime seizure control."

Rx2009 October 27, 2009