User Reviews for Librium

Learn more about Librium.

Librium Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 189 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Librium to treat Anxiety

"I have Panic Attack Disorder and anxiety.I use Librium on and off as needed. It works wonderfully. Makes me calm in about 20 minutes and I feel I can control the rest of the day. I take 5mg as needed. When I take it as needed it doesn't have side effect."

Anonymous June 3, 2016

"Experienced a major, full-blown panic attack (due to stress and agoraphobia) while out with a friend. She offered Librium, two 5mg capsules. The hysteria subsided fairly quickly, but I could not stop crying, & could not breathe. Two more Librium stabilised me completely. When I told my doctor, she "told" me rather than asking me that I slept for the remainder of that day. Nooooo....I've been telling her for MONTHS that it takes high doses of 4 different meds for me to sleep. One of those is Klonopin. For 10 years I was prescribed 6mg at bedtime. New doc came in, cut me down to 4mg, upsetting my balance, making falling asleep a chore. I hope she will take into account the Librium'so positive effect."

jennie (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

"Omg! Why did it take this long (15-20) years for a doctor to prescribe this amazing medicine! I am on day 3 days, WAIT ALMOST A WEEK!, without a valium or ZANAX and I feel great! It's like the devil has left me from being a slave to my Benzo's. Driving around on a Sunday night trying to get a too soon script filled by saying I have no health insurance. It doesn't work! I feel so amazing! I do have a script for valium but I don't even want to fill it (I'm due ), but I don't freaking need it! I'm so happy! I just want to know why I only received 10pills? He also prescribed me Clonidine .1mg 4 times a day and Gabapentin 300mg twice a day. I am being compliant but Librium is a benzo! Am I going to have benzo withdrawal when I don't take Librium?"

Benzo's Ran My Life..... (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

"I had taken Librium for around 20 years off and on for Anxiety and panic attacks. I only take a small dose but it has always been very effective. Anytime I didn't need it, it was easy to get off of it. I take if as needed. I would recommend it to anyone as it seems to have no side effects with me."

ithelps (taken for 10 years or more) September 20, 2014

"My doctor will not prescribe Xanax, Klonopin, or Ativan for anxiety, but he was comfortable giving me a script for Librium (chlordiazepoxide) 25mg capsules 4x a day for my anxiety. Worked well at the beginning, but like all benzo's, the efficacy wore off after about a month of use. Was great while it worked and it was very inexpensive! Tapered off then went back on it a few months later and it worked like a charm again! On and off usage for close to 5 years now."

Anonymous April 22, 2014

"ALOT of stress in my life, and didn't sleep at night. Always turned to alcohol to solve these problems. My doctor put me on Librium and I have been on it for just over a year now, and alcohol-free. I still worry about things, but they are easy to just let go, and I sleep every night, without waking up every hour stressing over something. One thing I will say, though, is that though it has taken the anxiety out of my life, it's like it has also taken away the joy, like ALL the color is gone, not just the darkness. I feel "comfortably numb" most of the time. Still, better than the way it used to be! I was prescribed 25mg 3 times per day, but I take 1 pill when I get up, split the 2nd into two 1/2 doses, then 1 pill an hr before bed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 29, 2013

"Only medicine that no side effects. Take as when required basis and have no issues."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2012

"I take it 4 times a day. It keeps me ok If I have no other stress at the time. I have severe panic attacks, mid level agoraphobia and anxiety. During what is mild stress for some disables me, at those times nothing works. But for regular anxiety I like it because I have no side effect."

Savannah Lynn February 2, 2012

"I've tried several medications for moderate anxiety and panic attacks. Librium has worked the most reliably. Xanax and Ativan work quickly but are too short acting. Klonopin didn't do much for me. Librium starts to take effect within about a half hour, makes me calm (not high) and keeps me calm for hours."

Anonymous September 23, 2011

"Hardly any effect on my anxiety."

Anonymous March 25, 2010

"My spouse drove me to the ER after I had a major panic attack. I was given 50mg of Librium and under 1/2 hour I became relieved from the attack. After 1 to 2 hours I had felt much more secure."

Anonymous February 26, 2010

"Have been through Klonopin, Xanax, Valium. I didn't care for the high feeling from any of these drugs. Librium has a way of mellowing me out without behaving differently. Great job of relieving my anxiety."

Anonymous June 23, 2009

"This drug did very little for me. My Doctor prescribed it as an alternative to Xanax until a full clinical work up could be done. As a moderate to heavy drinker, he did not advise me that this is used to pull people from the disease. I don't feel like I have issues with alcoholism but it really messed me up when mixing the two. Felt stoned or comatosed. Taking the drug sober did almost nothing anyway except when I take 2 or 3 at a time and still it does not release the anxiety I have."

Anonymous June 8, 2009