User Reviews for Oxazepam

Insomnia
8.1

Summary of Oxazepam reviews 8.7 50 reviews

Reviews for Oxazepam

For Anxiety: "I am now 65 years old and at the age of 16 I was prescribed valium for anxiety. My doctor continued to increase the dosage and eventually put me on serepax (Oxazepam). I was addicted to both of these medications and it took me at least 10 years to come off these suffering huge withdrawals. When my daughter died in 2006 in a fire I was offered tranquilises which I refused knowing my addiction to them. I was later refused any compensation by the Melbourne Medical Board because I refused any medical help in the form of antidepressants, be very careful don't take any of these drugs because they might seem great at the time but you will pay for it in the long run."

Judy (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 21, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I first took this drug to help me quit drinking and it was very efficient. Try not to take it for too long, to be able to stop it easily ."

sirius1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "Poor english, sorry : It's a good medicine for sleeping but not the best one. Temazepam is better. Oxazepam will slow down the thinking when you try to fall asleep. Oxazepam is helpful for those who have developed a tolerance to benzos. It's less addictive than Ativan ( lorazepam). I take 20 mg every evening at 10 pm. When it will stop working it will be the end of the benzos ."

sirius1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 5, 2018

For Anxiety: "I was put on this medication a couple of weeks ago. I take medicine for my OCD and I also take Remeron to sleep. Lately I haven't been able to control my anxiety/intrusive thoughts and was put on Oxazapem 15 mg one hour before bedtime. It is great - it makes me really sleepy and gives me the munchies - I literally eat everything I can think of 5 minutes before collapsing in my bed. I can see why people would want to abuse this drug. My only problem is that my concentration levels have gotten really bad after taking Oxazapem. I am working daily and not many people know what I am struggling with (OCD and intrusive thoughts), so it is hard to maintain the "normal looking me" at work. Hopefully people will just think I am a bit tired or stressed out and it will pass soon."

OCD-patient (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

For Anxiety: "I was given this to replace xanax for panic attacks because xanax is so addictive, apparently. Unfortunately for me, who only takes it on an as-needed basis, oxazepam does not have the same ability to quell panic attacks instantly once they have started. Instead, I have to take this in anticipation of an event happening, which I don't really like to do, because I'm never sure. In general, though, it does calm me down if I plan ahead before certain panic-inducing events (like plane trips), but doesn't help for unexpected panic attacks."

Cather January 25, 2018

For Anxiety: "It's a strange one for me. I am prescribed them for acute anxiety, whenever the bouts come. The thing is, they work. The relief is beautiful and it's nice to regain what feels like a normal perspective of things, to bring an end to the myriad of worried thoughts. But once it starts to wear off, the anxiety slowly returns, but more so, gets worse. On top of that, I can feel so hopeless for days after taking just one pill, which can turn into depression if I'm not careful. It's a pill that gives relief, but the adverse symptoms are not worth it. I maybe take them a couple of times a year at points where I'm otherwise unable to function at all (I don't like medication )"

Asdf12321 January 18, 2018

For Anxiety: "I’ve been on so many different medications but nothing is more effective with my anxiety than this. I can go out and slowly gaining my confidence back. Never give up hope everyone reacts differently to different medications. Stay strong everyone out there you will find your way ❤️"

Jackiboy January 13, 2018

For Insomnia: "I use this medication to help me sleep and helps with anxiety as well. The only major side effect is it makes me eat everything in sight. It should be used for those who need to gain weight."

sleepy bear (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 31, 2017

Serax (oxazepam) for Anxiety: "After 43 years of anxiety/panic disorder, serax has helped me have a life. Dr's tried many other treatments until I ended up in ICU with my heart enzymes elevated. Theme 25 years ago Dr started me on Serax, which finally let me have a normal life."

Danielrh52 (taken for 10 years or more) June 23, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have been on Oxazepam 10mgs for over 15yrs now. It works. Only one problem. My memory is gone. At age 64yrs old. I can now see the difference. My life is not the same anymore. I have no life. I don't recommend long term use of this drug as it habit forming. I have tried many times to come off. Not easy - Most doctors today do not give out this drug.It is not common in the USA as they would rather give you another benzo. My advice is stay away from all Benzos But if I had to have one (and I know this does not make sense) but this one works the best for anxiety, stomach problems and high blood pressure. Better then Valium."

Genes May 7, 2017

For Anxiety: "Do not take this medication, its highly addictive and coming off it has caused my daughter to have 3 to 4 seizures a day and she's never had one in her life before cutting back. This drug is evil and should not be prescribed so easily. I myself need to taper off and am terrified of the withdrawals after watching my daughter go through hell. Stay away from benzodiazepams because once you start you cant stop....No warnings are given before you start taking them....evil drugs"

Anonymous March 12, 2017

For Insomnia: "I was very pleased with Sandoz brand that I was receiving from the VA.. Now the V.A. switched to some company that puts out the red capsules and they are terrible. About 60% of the red capsules are under filled, some have very little at all in them. I called my Congressman and the DEA about this problem and I haven't heard back from them yet. Yet, Sandoz's capsule have had the correct amount in them. I guess the lowest bidder decided to make up the difference by with-holding large amount of the medicine to get back what they under bid the other Pharma companies. To the V.A. you are a sell-out to the USA Veterans and most likely the public also"

US Veteran (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2017

For Anxiety: "Excellent for use to help prevent anxiety attacks before they get way out of hand. Having been through a rehab system 10 years ago I am EXTREMELY cautions about taking these. What's not clear is how quickly physical dependence forms, and how brutally hard the detox can be. Along with alcohol, these or any other benzos are one of the only detoxes you can die from, and the detox is brutal for lack of a better word. Having said that, for irregular use so long as control is present without denial, these work terrific to quell an anxiety attack thats building. Just please do not ignore the dangers of even daily use for a couple weeks or you'll be sending yourself down a hole that will redefine what you knew about anxiety and feeling bad"

Nickname1283712376 February 6, 2017

For Anxiety: "Male: 21 years old, been through all the medications revolving around anxiety based anger and behavioural issues, i used to suffer brutal panic attacks, mood swings And couldn't stop shaking all the time, Zero motivation and constant paranoid behaviour. My Oxazepam experience: In combination with CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy). I'm actually able to hold a job, go outside and talk to people, get tasks done without all of the withdrawal symptoms that I experienced with diazapam- no physical painful withdrawal symptoms when stopping unlike other benzodiazepines. I use only when needed. 15mg on nights where I can't sleep or when naturally stressful situations arise such as funerals/money struggles. Respect it and it will respect you"

Wolf~woods (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 4, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have have drug related issues for ~15 years. Dope, Speed. My, "Psychiatrist" diagnosed me with the word "schizophrenia", Anti-Phychotics are, VERY DANGEROUS!, they increased my anxiety and stress, MANY MANY, times over. Finally, after 15 years, 3 months, no drugs, I have found Oxazepam. 5mg. I read, you can take up too 120mg!. atm, I think I need about 10mg a day. I am doubting, whether I have "schizophrenia", at all. I am down to 1/2 minimum dose, tablet of, DANGEROUS Latuda. So called "treatment", with Anti-Phychotics, is CRIMINAL."

anonymous1234a5678b7890 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2016

For Insomnia: "First time I had these last night and wow hard hitting I was told to take 1-2 15mg so I took 2 and it knocked me for 6 don't remember falling asleep just the fantastic feeling of waking up after 10 hours......this is the first uninterupted sleep in 20 years so good so far I'm also on valium for anti panic attacks and dothep for Depression lithium for bi-polar fingers crossed it keeps working like this!!!!"

Phatzip May 14, 2016

For Anxiety: "had suffered bipiolar for at least the last 28 years until I desgovered lithum it saved me. I no longer have mood swings, or spending money I dont have and then crying for nothing. I read alot of books until I discovered that i had bi piolar"

stoma gone wrong April 9, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have been on Oxazepam for 15 yrs. Diagnosed with Anxiety and PTSD. - In the beginning it really worked well. Now that I am in my 60's I want to come off of it. My quality of life is not the same. I take only 10mgs per day. I have tapered off. to one a day. I have gained about 40lbs. - I was very productive and a responsible person at one time in my life and that's when it helped. but now I am just lifeless. Taking this medication for long periods of time is not good. And to come off of it well lets just say, almost impossible. for me anyway. I would say talk to your doctor about another anti-anxiety medication that is not so addictive. Its horrible to be codependant on a drug of this nature."

Gypsey November 25, 2015

Serax (oxazepam) for Anxiety: "I would not use this medicine for more than a year. While it was effective - the side effects - began to be more problematic than the medication was worth. Wish I would have stopped it much sooner than I did and one must wean off - not go off cold turkey. My doctor apparently did not know this."

susie s August 2, 2015

For Anxiety: "I'm 23 years old, I've been on Oxazepam for about a year or so now. I honestly can't praise this medication higher. I suffer from agoraphobia, and have been, ever since I can remember. It was always dismissed as being shy. But in high school, it hit me hardest. First mild anxiety.. Which grew over the years. But started getting regular panic attacks while outside, hits hard in an instant the moment there are too many people near me. But since taking this drug, about half an hour before I need to leave my house, I've noticed that my crippling fear fades away, and leaves me feeling.. Well.. Not exactly happy.. But, content. Which is the closest I've been to normal ... Well.. Ever, really. Which has brought me security against my anxieties."

Nadrai June 10, 2015

For Anxiety: "Following a massive heart attack in 2013 I was prescribed this med while in hospital to relax and to help with my insomnia. They are fabulous, the only thing I have noticed shortly after using my memory is not so sharp and constantly looking for words. Despite this I plan on continuing to use them as this medicine helps me greatly in a quality of life. Suffered for 15 years of non sleep, which highly contributed in my massive heart attack at a young age of 56 with no previous symptoms nor family background. Issue my docs do not want to prescribe this med and this worries me a great deal. They are essential to me living a productive life!"

Goldie Shai March 2, 2015

For Insomnia: "I find it hard to sleep all of the time. I'll fall asleep got 1 hr then I cannot get back to sleep. 1 tablet at night and miracle I can sleep again. This medication also helps control my anxiety problems. I'm not a tablet taker but I could not sleep so I had to hold my head high and admit I needed help."

ricebubbles (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2014

For Anxiety: "I have taken Oxazepam 10 mg, since the early 90's for Anxiety. It allows me to live my life without any side effects, calms me down, keeps my throat muscles from tightening, when confronted with, or involved in situations where anxiety attacks would increase. It allows me to live my life, without any side effects, and without having to increase the dosages, throughout the day. I have taken the same dosage for years, without having to increase the MG. I have also been able to - decrease - the amount needed during the day. All I can say, is Thank God for this medication. I have taken it to also help me sleep.I have worked and driven my car, without any problems. I wish they would make 5mg's like they use to, because at night, this is a plus."

winterspirit November 10, 2014

For Anxiety: "I suffered for several years during menopause with severe night sweating and all day every day at work feeling like and looking like I was bursting into flames. No amount of hormone replacement medicines made a difference. Finally I was prescribed this medication and my life was changed like a miracle as the first time I took it I actually slept soundly through the night making my days so much better. Only 10 mg at bedtime works for me and I don't even have to take it every day. I have no side effects whatsoever and wake refreshed whenever I use it."

Solola July 31, 2014

Serax (oxazepam) for Anxiety: "Effective when having a particularly bad day on antidepressants but less effective when not on antidepressants. Find anxiety symptoms aren't overly settled in comparison to Lorazepam unless you take a couple. Plus they take 45 mins minimum to kick in and during an attack, isn't helpful. When not taking antidepressants, got up to 45mg on very bad days but was down to 1-2 tabs a month on antidepressants."

Soundchain (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2014