User Reviews for Oxazepam to treat Anxiety

Oxazepam has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10 from a total of 51 ratings for the treatment of Anxiety. 82% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 6% reported a negative effect.

Oxazepam Rating Summary

8.6/10 average rating

Compare all 141 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Oxazepam

Eddie14 March 15, 2019

“Oxazepam turned me back to myself, without feeling high. However, after 8 hours, I begin to torture myself by thinking negatively about the negative comments in here and I got so scared. My anxiety without this pill is almost constant. I struggle with the notion of being on a drug and feeling better but being addicted and needing more. I am 61 years old. The anxiety has turned me from a powerfully confident guy to the Cowardly Lion. My family sees the suffering and says: just take the pill. They respect my trying to be strong: but: the anxiety really takes over. So, I will try to approach it positively. My doctor says: why would you want to get off it? Just stay on it forever because nothing else has worked and you are suffering miserably. I see her point. Why would any of us take this: with a goal of stopping it? Just let it do it’s work. Be thankful. Enjoy the freedom from the anxiety. I am talking myself into this. Does anyone see what I mean?”

Edward zxx · Taken for 10 years or more March 7, 2013

Serax (oxazepam): “I have been taking Serax/oxazepam for 30 years for anxiety/panic attacks, works great! I started out on 10mg then after a few years was switched to 15mg. The past year or so I have been having trouble sleeping so the Dr. put me on 30mg to take only at night before bed which I do and it works great for sleep. So, I take the 15mg when I need them for anxiety and the 30mg only at night.”

Nadrai June 10, 2015

“I'm 23 years old, I've been on Oxazepam for about a year or so now. I honestly can't praise this medication higher. I suffer from agoraphobia, and have been, ever since I can remember. It was always dismissed as being shy. But in high school, it hit me hardest. First mild anxiety.. Which grew over the years. But started getting regular panic attacks while outside, hits hard in an instant the moment there are too many people near me. But since taking this drug, about half an hour before I need to leave my house, I've noticed that my crippling fear fades away, and leaves me feeling.. Well.. Not exactly happy.. But, content. Which is the closest I've been to normal ... Well.. Ever, really. Which has brought me security against my anxieties.”

winterspirit November 10, 2014

“I have taken Oxazepam 10 mg, since the early 90's for Anxiety. It allows me to live my life without any side effects, calms me down, keeps my throat muscles from tightening, when confronted with, or involved in situations where anxiety attacks would increase. It allows me to live my life, without any side effects, and without having to increase the dosages, throughout the day. I have taken the same dosage for years, without having to increase the MG. I have also been able to - decrease - the amount needed during the day. All I can say, is Thank God for this medication. I have taken it to also help me sleep.I have worked and driven my car, without any problems. I wish they would make 5mg's like they use to, because at night, this is a plus.”

Wolf~woods · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 4, 2017

“Male: 21 years old, been through all the medications revolving around anxiety based anger and behavioural issues, i used to suffer brutal panic attacks, mood swings And couldn't stop shaking all the time, Zero motivation and constant paranoid behaviour. My Oxazepam experience: In combination with CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy). I'm actually able to hold a job, go outside and talk to people, get tasks done without all of the withdrawal symptoms that I experienced with diazapam- no physical painful withdrawal symptoms when stopping unlike other benzodiazepines. I use only when needed. 15mg on nights where I can't sleep or when naturally stressful situations arise such as funerals/money struggles. Respect it and it will respect you”

Solola July 31, 2014

“I suffered for several years during menopause with severe night sweating and all day every day at work feeling like and looking like I was bursting into flames. No amount of hormone replacement medicines made a difference. Finally I was prescribed this medication and my life was changed like a miracle as the first time I took it I actually slept soundly through the night making my days so much better. Only 10 mg at bedtime works for me and I don't even have to take it every day. I have no side effects whatsoever and wake refreshed whenever I use it.”

liv · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2020

“I was given oxazepam to help with panic attacks. Before Istarted on this drug, I was having at least one panic attack every day, and I would get them every day before work. They also help with my racing thoughts too, which is incredible. This drug slows my thoughts down which allows me to think clearer and more rationally. This drug works a little too well. No unwanted side effects as of yet.”

Danielrh52 · Taken for 10 years or more June 23, 2017

Serax (oxazepam): “After 43 years of anxiety/panic disorder, serax has helped me have a life. Dr's tried many other treatments until I ended up in ICU with my heart enzymes elevated. Theme 25 years ago Dr started me on Serax, which finally let me have a normal life.”

Goldie Shai March 2, 2015

“Following a massive heart attack in 2013 I was prescribed this med while in hospital to relax and to help with my insomnia. They are fabulous, the only thing I have noticed shortly after using my memory is not so sharp and constantly looking for words. Despite this I plan on continuing to use them as this medicine helps me greatly in a quality of life. Suffered for 15 years of non sleep, which highly contributed in my massive heart attack at a young age of 56 with no previous symptoms nor family background. Issue my docs do not want to prescribe this med and this worries me a great deal. They are essential to me living a productive life!”

Grasshopper June 16, 2019

“I was in several inpatient mental health wards over the past 8 years, both public and private, initially they diagnosed me with schizophrenia and depression (then later anxiety). I think there aren't many benzodiazepines I have not tried. During inpatient treatment I was given highish doses of Lorazepam which was somewhat difficult to cease, Lorazepam more so than Xanax! Following this I was prescribed Diazepam for years as an outpatient, I abused it, but with little consequence! stopped taking it abruptly and no withdrawals. Then my Psychiatrist prescribed me Oxazepam, and well it is difficult/pointless to abuse for me personally, but excellent for managing anxiety symptoms without much sedation or amnesia. I currently take 30mg mane daily and rarely 15mg extra nocte. This magic pill (Alepam/Serapax) has also reduced my desire for other drugs of abuse both medical and illicit, Thank you Lord for oxazepam!”

Sarah August 31, 2019

“Due to suffering fairly crippling anxiety about 12 months ago, I was prescribed oxazepam by an excellent doctor which has definitely assisted me returning to normal life. Initially the dosage of oxazepam was 30mg to take as needed on the basis of not to take more than 3 times a week, then reduced to 15mg and now finally I can manage to have my anxiety dissipate on 1/4 tablet ie 4mg and would only take 1-2 times a week. For me it's been a life saver knowing that I can take this as needed to function when I am about to face a stressful situation. It also has been helpful to keep the medication within reach during the day and then see if I can manage without to help manage the anxiety over the long term as well as using other relaxation techniques as recommended by my psychologist. No side effects noticed, no drowsiness on the lower dosages, it actually gives me clarity of thought as I'm relaxed.”

Gypsey November 25, 2015

“I have been on Oxazepam for 15 yrs. Diagnosed with Anxiety and PTSD. - In the beginning it really worked well. Now that I am in my 60's I want to come off of it. My quality of life is not the same. I take only 10mgs per day. I have tapered off. to one a day. I have gained about 40lbs. - I was very productive and a responsible person at one time in my life and that's when it helped. but now I am just lifeless. Taking this medication for long periods of time is not good. And to come off of it well lets just say, almost impossible. for me anyway. I would say talk to your doctor about another anti-anxiety medication that is not so addictive. Its horrible to be codependant on a drug of this nature.”

kefeasy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 4, 2020

“Was prescribed Oxazepam for mild anxiety which became worse the more I took the drug, but I was totally unaware it was the drug actually making the problems worse, I have just started to try and slowly come off the drug after 6 months and the withdrawals are horrendous! Be so very carefully people. Much love”

Jackiboy January 13, 2018

“I’ve been on so many different medications but nothing is more effective with my anxiety than this. I can go out and slowly gaining my confidence back. Never give up hope everyone reacts differently to different medications. Stay strong everyone out there you will find your way ❤️”

HENNY March 27, 2008

Serax (oxazepam): “This is really good medicine. I suffer from anxiety attacks, but when I am on this medication, I feel really calm and collective. I do get a little drowsy at times, but the other meds, I am on are possibly causing that. I have very bad mood swings and nervousness when not on this medicine. I highly recommend Serax.”

mmusick62 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 18, 2013

“I started taking oxazepam 15 mg at bedtime as needed for anxiety in December. It has really helped me and I have not experienced any side effects at all. It calms you down, you're able to function daily, and also get a good nights sleep.”

TXHerd June 6, 2008

Serax (oxazepam): “I have to admit when I was first perscribed this medication, I was very hesitant to take it. Like with all medications, I didn't know how this would effect me. And asking doctors and nurses, I still wasn't sure. After the first time I took it, I felt better than I have had in a long time. I was calm and very relaxed. I had a small headache, that felt like a mild hangover, but that was the only side effect I had. I highly recommend this medicine.”

susie s August 2, 2015

Serax (oxazepam): “I would not use this medicine for more than a year. While it was effective - the side effects - began to be more problematic than the medication was worth. Wish I would have stopped it much sooner than I did and one must wean off - not go off cold turkey. My doctor apparently did not know this.”

lost boy January 6, 2013

“Started having anxiety and depression symptoms years back after going to countless drs. and trying every pill there is. A psychiatrist put me on Oxazepam 10 two times daily as needed. Hands down the best pill for me and my problem.”

Judy · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 21, 2018

“I am now 65 years old and at the age of 16 I was prescribed valium for anxiety. My doctor continued to increase the dosage and eventually put me on serepax (Oxazepam). I was addicted to both of these medications and it took me at least 10 years to come off these suffering huge withdrawals. When my daughter died in 2006 in a fire I was offered tranquilises which I refused knowing my addiction to them. I was later refused any compensation by the Melbourne Medical Board because I refused any medical help in the form of antidepressants, be very careful don't take any of these drugs because they might seem great at the time but you will pay for it in the long run.”

Hiya · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 2, 2019

“Absolutely worse when you hit tolerance after 4 years! As with all benzos not worth it. I see all the good reviews and think I feel sorry for these people when they don't address the underlying issues and pop a pill that is ohhh so fantastic until one day bang! It just won't work. I was prescribed these and never abused them. At my worst I was taking a massive dose just for 4 hrs sleep. Please think twice or do research. Unfortunately not much comes up about oxazepam but the withdrawals are like any other benzo and hell.”

SeanJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 28, 2019

“I have severe depression and anxiety and tried every benzo. Oxazapam just works for me, it has a slow onset which allows you to relax. This medication also does wonders for me when I'm at work and feeling stressed! One before work and at lunchtime allows me a clear head and gives me a sense of confidence, like my anxiety is all of a sudden gone in an instant!”

Nickname1283712376 February 6, 2017

“Excellent for use to help prevent anxiety attacks before they get way out of hand. Having been through a rehab system 10 years ago I am EXTREMELY cautions about taking these. What's not clear is how quickly physical dependence forms, and how brutally hard the detox can be. Along with alcohol, these or any other benzos are one of the only detoxes you can die from, and the detox is brutal for lack of a better word. Having said that, for irregular use so long as control is present without denial, these work terrific to quell an anxiety attack thats building. Just please do not ignore the dangers of even daily use for a couple weeks or you'll be sending yourself down a hole that will redefine what you knew about anxiety and feeling bad”

Genes May 7, 2017

“I have been on Oxazepam 10mgs for over 15yrs now. It works. Only one problem. My memory is gone. At age 64yrs old. I can now see the difference. My life is not the same anymore. I have no life. I don't recommend long term use of this drug as it habit forming. I have tried many times to come off. Not easy - Most doctors today do not give out this drug.It is not common in the USA as they would rather give you another benzo. My advice is stay away from all Benzos But if I had to have one (and I know this does not make sense) but this one works the best for anxiety, stomach problems and high blood pressure. Better then Valium.”

Chris. · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 6, 2019

“I have been taking this medication oxazepam for the last month and a half. My dosage is a half of a 15mg tablet 3 times a day. I find it has had some unwanted side effects, like muscle twitching, confusion, dizziness (feeling like I'm on a boat even when I'm sitting or lying down) jumbled speech, memory loss, and I seem to wake up and can't get back to sleep!. My honest advice would be to use this medication cautiously!!.”