User Reviews for Tranxene

The following information is NOT intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners.

Alcohol Withdrawal

1 review 28 medications
Summary of Tranxene reviews 9.3 15 reviews

Reviews for Tranxene

Pipes · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2020

For Anxiety "Have been taking tranxene now for about 3-4 weeks and it's worked great for my general anxiety but not for underlying anxiety. Still have panic attacks but this med still works great. I take 15 mg at night and it knocks me out"

FurrFurrGurrl · Taken for 10 years or more March 12, 2020

For Anxiety "I have been taking generic Tranxene since 2010. 7.5 mg up to 2x a day as needed. This medicine is a lifesaver. It stops panic attacks and, most importantly for me, it stops the ruminating thoughts in their tracks. This allows me to go about my day unimpeded by going over and over things that make me feel bad about myself. I've had no side effects from taking it. I did have 1 perscription for Xanax in the mid '90s. It did nothing. No help what-so-ever."

Tomas · Taken for less than 1 month February 29, 2020

For Anxiety "Tranzene A wonder drug for me, my anxiety got so severe that I couldn't eat, daily chest pain, shortness of breath, confusion, fear and just a few to name. For me, tranxene is better than common benzodiazepine. A dose of a 5mg tablet does wonders. If I take in the morning, it lasts till late evening. So next pdoc appointment I'll ask for 2x5mg dose during the day. Recommend."

DeDe59 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2019

For Anxiety "Back on Tranxene (I have anxiety) and it feels great. I am calmer and feel much better. I also started taking 20mg of Paxil now I'm taking 30mg my the therapeutic is 60mg. So when I go back next month the dosage may go up again. Tranxene calms me down physically but not mentally. I hope keeps doing what it's suppose to."

ogemaw · Taken for 10 years or more May 12, 2019

For Anxiety "I have had a prescription for tranzene [3.75 mg] for 40 years and it works for anxiety tremendously. Earlier in my life, it also helped with panic attacks and anxiety. At this point in my life, I use it to help with sleep. I take 1/2 tab. with 1 Tylenol and it's ZZZZ time"

Paintrmann · Taken for 10 years or more June 23, 2018

For Anxiety "This generic drug has had a drastic jump in price in the last few years, I would like to know why."

Crispy 38 November 4, 2016

For Anxiety "I took it for a month to come off my valium it was great no longer on any benzos Its great"

liccione November 30, 2015

For Anxiety "15 mg as needed no more than 2 times a day was absolutely the right dosage for me. Side effects NONE. Very effective for panic attacks and general anxiety. I have tried most benzos, this is by far the best."

Holly25372537 September 10, 2014

For Anxiety "I have been on this medicine over thirty yrs. Back then it was a "new trendy medicine" to help people with panic disorder. This has worked for me so I can live a normal life.. actually a MORE then Normal life! I had tried Xanax and many others with NO avail. This medicine has been extremely effective due to the long shelf life it works for me great! I was able to be a great mother, friend, and work my way up at work. I feel so many would benefit from this wonderful medicine as long as they take as Dr. orders it. Yes, over a time.. your body needs more of it. I have never experience any bad side effects from this medicine. I wish more Dr's were informed of this medicine truly being a "medicine"! Please docs, help your patients!"

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 28, 2014

For Anxiety "I've taken this for years (3.75mg.) only as needed and it has always worked well and never given me that "high" feeling. It just brings me back to being myself."

LMK1910 January 2, 2014

For Anxiety "I was on several different more common anxiety medicines and they would wear off to quickly. Tranxene seams to be more stable and consistent levels in my body. Very helpful."

Beverly Anne July 23, 2013

For Anxiety "Traxene is one of the older medicines. I like it much better than Klonopin. I am on the second dose of 7.5. I do not take it every day, only as needed. It has no side effects like the newer medicines. It relives anxiety in about one hour, not as fast as others, but longer acting. It even takes away my sadness, which is probably caused from anxiety. I hope they never remove this medicine from the market. It is a wonderful stabilizer. Hope this helps others who read this."

Anonymous June 12, 2013

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Kept me calm and less stressed and less irritable."

Daveguess January 13, 2012

For Anxiety "Worked well for my panic attacks, not as fast as Xanax but worked!"

Rx2009 October 27, 2009

For Seizure Prevention "Tranxene provided a tolerable transition from Valium dependency (for Grand Mal seizures) to less addictive options: Lamictal and clonazapam work for me at fairly low doses. Save the Valium for status epilepticus and such. Nothing works better, but the risks outweigh the benefits when you're talking everyday/lifetime seizure control."