User Reviews for Chlordiazepoxide

Also known as: Libritabs, Librium, Mitran, Poxi

Learn more about Chlordiazepoxide.

Alcohol Withdrawal 76 reviews 19 medications

Light Sedation 4 reviews 31 medications

7.2
Summary of Chlordiazepoxide reviews 101 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Chlordiazepoxide

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have been a heavy drinker for many year, substituting Vodka for lunch and dinner. After I found I could barely write due to shakiness, I went to my doctor. He prescribed Naltrexone, Camprial, and Librium. It has worked wonders! So far, no urge to drink, no side effects, and sleeping better than I have in years. (I must admit that I am somewhat tired, but so what!) The fog is slowly beginning to lift and I am feeling joy once again. If I can do it, anyone can! This is a life saver."

Vodka No More! June 25, 2016

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I've been a binge drinker on and off for about 4 years. This last binge lasted about 5 days around the clock. Going through withdrawal begins almost immediately for me if I don't drink every hour or so. I get extreme anxiety, heart racing, minor shakes and can't just settle down. My doctor gave me a Librium taper starting on 50mg every 6 hours day one and going down from there. I My experience with the first dose is that it did not do anything for me. I was still just as miserable. Once I took the second dose I was able to fall asleep. Today I'm pretty anxious but it does that the edge of. It's not a magic bullet that cures all withdrawal symptoms. Good luck!"

2manytimes (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Anxiety: "I have Panic Attack Disorder and anxiety.I use Librium on and off as needed. It works wonderfully. Makes me calm in about 20 minutes and I feel I can control the rest of the day. I take 5mg as needed. When I take it as needed it doesn't have side effect."

Anonymous June 3, 2016

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I am 22 and have been a very heavy drinker since age 15. I have not went more than about three days at a time without drinking. Never a couple, every time to the point of being drunk. The past few weeks I went on a bender with very little sleep and drinking every day. Two days ago I went into a seizure at work. I was sent to the ER where the doctor told me my alcohol levels were so high he didn't know how someone my age could tolerate that amount of consumption. He gave me a script for Librium and sent me home . I had one more seizure waiting for the pills. Since then they have kept my symptoms so manageable that I can function. Thank god for this medication. I feel I would die without it"

Natti18 May 5, 2016

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Anxiety: "Experienced a major, full-blown panic attack (due to stress and agoraphobia) while out with a friend. She offered Librium, two 5mg capsules. The hysteria subsided fairly quickly, but I could not stop crying, & could not breathe. Two more Librium stabilised me completely. When I told my doctor, she "told" me rather than asking me that I slept for the remainder of that day. Nooooo....I've been telling her for MONTHS that it takes high doses of 4 different meds for me to sleep. One of those is Klonopin. For 10 years I was prescribed 6mg at bedtime. New doc came in, cut me down to 4mg, upsetting my balance, making falling asleep a chore. I hope she will take into account the Librium'so positive effect."

jennie (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Librium is great. I've been a heavy drinker for years. I lost my wife to drinking . I went got librium this does work if u let it trust me"

richard levy April 7, 2016

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have had many detoxes, sadly enough. Librium definitely takes the edge off of alcohol withdraw. I have 62 days today and something that helps keep me going is remembering what I went through my last time I needed a librium taper. I hope maybe thinking about how sick I was helps preventing me from drinking. Maybe this will help someone."

dugluvstocook (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have had a drinking problem for many years now. I knew it was really bad when the next morning I would feel shaky, heart pounding, feeling like I would die. My Doctor gave me a prescription to take Librium for 4 days I think. Well, it worked, but stupid me would go right back to the bottle, then take more Librium for a couple days. This cycle lasted for about 3 years. I am finally ready to admit, I have drinking problem, and will only say, we all need AA to keep from relapsing. I want a better life than this, and am thankful for mine! Librium has been saving my life now for 3 years. Now I want to quit drinking all together, and quit Librium finally! We are strong and can do it!"

BetterthanthisI (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2016

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "About a year ago I did a 30 day in house rehab for Alcohol. Worked great sober for 6 month. Then slowly began to relapse. 1 year later back to a fifth of Vodka a day last three months. If I didn't have a drink upon waking I would dry heave , shake , sweat. Snuck vodka at work in a water bottle sipped all. I began losing bowel and bladder control. That's when I got scared. Couldn't afford in house detox so got a script for Librium. 100mg 4x day 1 which was pretty rough. No dry heaving though which was a relief. Still pretty shaky. Day 2 , 25 every 4 hrs. Shakes were much better appitite returning. Day 3 25 twice daily morning and bed time. Feel remarkable. No desire to drink. Eating healthy and feel myself getting stronger. Librium saved my life"

Eddietexd February 15, 2016

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Excellent for alcohol withdraw. Only on it for 5 days or so and was tapered off it completely. Could not have quit alcohol without it. Solved the cold sweats, DTs and the other withdrawal problems. ."

AZSug (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Anxiety: "Omg! Why did it take this long (15-20) years for a doctor to prescribe this amazing medicine! I am on day 3 days, WAIT ALMOST A WEEK!, without a valium or ZANAX and I feel great! It's like the devil has left me from being a slave to my Benzo's. Driving around on a Sunday night trying to get a too soon script filled by saying I have no health insurance. It doesn't work! I feel so amazing! I do have a script for valium but I don't even want to fill it (I'm due ), but I don't freaking need it! I'm so happy! I just want to know why I only received 10pills? He also prescribed me Clonidine .1mg 4 times a day and Gabapentin 300mg twice a day. I am being compliant but Librium is a benzo! Am I going to have benzo withdrawal when I don't take Librium?"

Benzo's Ran My Life..... (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Librium is AWESOME for my alcohol withdrawals. Maybe everyone is different but it works real good for me. I'm up doing housework when I should be shaking on the couch and not being able to do anything."

Andy Pollow (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I was sober for three years and it was great. During that time I got my bachelors degree, was promoted in the military, and lost 50 pounds. Then out of nowhere I relapsed. I kept drinking for about 11 months and realized I was spiralling out of control again. Gaining weight, lost motivation, decreased work efficiency, staying in bed all day. I went to my doctor and told him I wanted to quit and he prescribed me 25mg librium for four days. First day 2 pills every six hours, second day 1 pill every six hours, third day 1 pill every 12 hours, last day 1 pill before bedtime. I can't say these made me feel much better, maybe slightly, but what they did help me do was sleep AMEN...that is always the worst! I've been sober for a week again!"

CMcC December 19, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Just starting on Librium this afternoon and I'm amazed they are actually working! Don't do detox on your own it's very dangerous believe me....if you want to stop drinking then go to your GP and he/she will prescribe you Librium and you will be amazed as well. It's brilliant life saving drug. :-)"

Gazboy (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I wish I'd of known of Librium sooner. Lost my business to a natural disaster and then lived on coors lights for a year. Started as fun, ended months later with arguments and blackouts...then the morning shakes and dry heaves. Drove to the urgent care last week and skipped the line, told the clerk I needed immediate help, couldn't hold my water bottle. In a bed within 10 mins. Blood pressure through the roof. Gave me a fluid and vitamin drip along with Ativan for the anxiety and a Librium for the shakes. 15 mins later, didn't feel at deaths door. Two hours later, headed home with my sister at the helm (couldn't drive, too doped up). Been a week, back to running, surfing and getting my life back together. If you're sick of withdrawals, get it"

Anthony sean December 10, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Back story: I am 134 lb 29 year old woman who has been drinking heavily since 19. 5-10 a day is where I have been for some years now. I tried tapering myself and was going through hell. I was in fear for my life and was terrified that if I saw a doctor they would cart me off the detox. I have been spent some time focusing on recovering and am very motivated. I am at the point where the idea of taking another drink makes me sick. I went to the emergency and they immediately gave me Valium for withdrawals. I left with a prescription to Librium, but my pharmacy was not open. The nurse even suggested taking some drinks until I could get the prescription, but I found a 24 hour pharm am just paid for the Librium. Amazing stuff. Actually slept!"

Motivated to Recover (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Had zero withdraw symptoms with this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I've been an every second of everyday drinker, (24-30) 5.9% ice beers for a year and a half. I started to have severe severe severe withdrawal's and DT's if I wasn't consuming that amount. I went to the dr. And was prescribed ativan. Didn't do anything. Then I went back and got Librium. Praises to the most high because I haven't had a drop of beer since. Absolutely no withdrawal's and I'm feeling better than ever. 10/10 for Librium. Highly recommended. Good luck!!!"

hotter than the 6ix (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have just returned home from speaking with a specialist regarding withdrawal from alcohol with Librium. I Can't stand the endless lost days to drink any longer. The sweats, dry retching in the mornings the sleepless nights, drums in my head, the moods, he not being able to concentrate etc.2 plus litre bottles of rum each day! Craziness!! Looking so much forward to my detox next week, new life, new me, new family, forever! Your comments on the use of Librium have been so helpful. Thank you all! Wish me luck,keep you posted."

Rum pirate November 20, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Chlordiazepoxide I have 10mg with me now I'm a little scared to take them but I am shaking and my heart is beating fast "

kellyjames81 October 11, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "34 yrs old been drinking vodka everyday the last 3-4 years I would get black out drunk every night. Used to just drink after work but I started feeling like crap so I started drinking at work all day long just to feel normal. Drank last night woke up this morning and I felt horrible. Went to the ER on my way there I stopped and got a pint drank half of it. Went into the ER. They hooked me up to an IV gave valium and vitamin drip did blood work and gave me chlordiazepoxide I instantly felt better. Got a 5 day prescription 25 mg 4 times a day so far so good! But its only day 1 I'm afraid to sleep tonight but I wanna stop drinking 100% so hope this does it. Good luck everyone"

Gavin paul October 5, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Drank heavy for 2-3 years vodka and wine couldn't stop til the bottle/box was gone . Dr put me on librium for a week after I tried to stop on my own. I quit for 1.5 yrs and then started back to 1 binge a week. Went to Dr today to get back on librium, so far I've only taken in once today and my cold sweats have stopped. I hope this helps some of yall."

Cajun girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Alcohol withdrawal can COST YOUR LIFE!!!!! I have been in 4 detoxes in 8 months. I drink a gallon of sometimes more of vodka a day. One detox was in January for 7 days, one at the end of April for 3 days, one in June for 5 days and one in July for 5 days. Librium works wonders. The reason the days spent in detox depend on the AMA policy. DO NOT DO THIS ON YOUR OWN. I have had seizures, convulsions, hallucinations, dt's its no joke Go to your doctor, tell her/ him what's going on. I drank EXTREMELY heavy and I was prescribed 75 MG every four hours day 1, then 50MG every 4 hours day 2, then 25 MG every 4 hours day 3, then 25 MG every 8 hours day 4, then 25 MG before bed day 5. The only way to tackle alcohol withdrawal is with librium"

nhood1987 September 7, 2015

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have detoxed several times from alcohol over my 25 year drinking career, a couple of times cold turkey, which led to sezuires. Librium has always helped....In the detox centers they would give me 25 mg every two hours that first day with a doctor on site. At home, I was prescribed 25mg every 4 hours don't do alone, could be deadly."

Clutch grinder September 1, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Be careful, the emergency Dr prescribed to my brother 100mg every 4 hours and it almost killed him"

Brother John August 21, 2015