User Reviews for Chlordiazepoxide

Also known as: Libritabs, Librium, Mitran, Poxi

Learn more about Chlordiazepoxide.

Alcohol Withdrawal 101 reviews 17 medications

Light Sedation 4 reviews 31 medications

7.2
Summary of Chlordiazepoxide reviews 129 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Chlordiazepoxide

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I've been drinking since 12y/o. Relapsed hard about 3 weeks ago after the manager at work had suspected that I had been drinking at work and fired me. I spent all of the money I had left in the bank trying to drink myself to death. Had a free ride to law school and lost that, so that played a big role in my depressive drinking. Got to the hospital after I began going into withdrawals and they sedated me, and gave me a Librium prescription. I'm a 210 pound male with 12% bf so I'm a strong otherwise healthy guy. Four 25 mg first day then tapered down the second day decreasing each day by 1 pill. I'm still on 1 pill at night. You should exercise when off to control CNS excitement. Vivid dreams too. Saved me too."

A renewed AA (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I had been drinking the equivalent of a bottle of gin a day for the last 4 weeks. I'm an alcoholic who had managed to quit 4 years ago but had a serious relapse. I tried tapering down the booze, but I felt like I was losing my mind with the stuff. I wanted to go cold turkey but the withdrawals were utterly horrific - I've never felt so dreadful, the depression was indescribable, I was worried I was actually going clinically insane. I got an appointment with my doctor and he gave me a Librium prescription. On the first morning of taking the pills, I could have cried with relief at how much better the Librium made me feel - I almost felt 'normal' even though I was starting the cold turkey/withdrawal process. No shakes, no anxiety, no dread."

Floydy (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I am 60 and tried to detox last year alone when my husband was away at work. Withdrawal symptoms made me seek help, Inpatient for 5 days, admitted with 0.00 breath test and spiking heart rate and blood pressure. Immediately given Librium. Administered in decreasing doses and intensive outpatient program (IOP) for a month. Felt great. But am an alcoholic. AA did not help. So today, almost exactly a year later I have an appointment at counselling center because I am drinking in excess again. Hoping for short term Librium and may Naltrexone(which I have never taken). Self medicating and genetics."

Second Time (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I managed to successfully hide my alcohol addiction from my family/friends for years. Horrifically ashamed. Only ever drank alone. My favourite time to drink was setting my alarm for 4 am when the world is dark and it was just me and my wine, then I'd go through the work day as normal, but with intermittent drinks throughout the day. A liver failure crisis at 31 had me terrified, but I was not getting counselling or opening myself to anyone who could help. At 33 I went to a 30-day rehab. Having been through intense withdrawal (I am a 117 pound woman at 5'8"), I was petrified that they wouldn't know how to help me properly detox. I read all about Librium and felt good about it. It saved my life. And currently, has to save it again."

peasandpods (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Anxiety: "Currently my medication regimen is a mess. I take xanax 1 mg twice a day, and 2mg at bedtime. And valium 5mg at 5pm and 10mg at 9pm plus ambien 10mg! And I just tried a 10mg librium and I slept very well for the first time in months any ideas?"

Davemendez8 May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I only drank for 6 months, but in that time I ended up in the ER 3 times with alcohol poisoning. This last time, they sent me home with Librium for the shakes, and while it definitely has been a lifesaver, I'm so groggy that I can't drive right now, and after putting away the laundry I collapse in my chair like I've just ran a marathon. Hopefully, this will go away soon. I wish I'd known how bad the withdrawal would be, even after only a short time: I've never been suicidal, but I honestly would have rather died than go through the DTs (thank god the ER doc shot me full of Ativan, which knocked me out for the worst of it)"

Short But Intense May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I drank 2 bottles of wine and/or beer/vodka everyday for 3 years. Went into SEVERE withdrawal. Seriously thought I was going to die. Went on Librium and it worked wonders. "

AthenaJohnsen1971 April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Librium is great. I fought depression for years so I drank around 24 pack per day I later then got pancreas problems went back on librium great product"

Levi richard April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I started drinking 4 years ago and before I knew it , it turned into a binge drinker. I started out with 30 pack of beer and a liter of hard alcohol that I drank straight. Well the beer made me sick So I switched to just drinking vodka straight and a chase of diet soda. When I drank , and I'd binge for up to 5 days, I'd not touch food. After 4 years of going from beer, vodka, tequila, 101 wild turkey and gin ( I'd get the half gallon) to unknown amount of visits to the ER , and loosing control of bladder/ bowel function my hubby said this is it I'm bringing you to the ER and my blood alcohol was .309 They gave me Librium and xanax saved me!! Im now on Antabuse, works wonders for me, going on a month now. Good luck "

justawyomingchic (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I've detoxed with librium (now) 5 times. Currently into my 3rd day with librium. The first couple times I detoxed with the stuff it was amazing. Just three 25MG pills a day to ward off withdrawals from 3 pints of vodka a day 3 month long benders. But I will warn you of this.....you build a tolerance to librium. This time I needed more 25MG pills in just the first 24 hrs. Then 4 on day two and now I'm down to 3 (will wean off over the next few days). Stuff is still amazing but don't be an idiot like me and bounce between booze (to the point of almost death) and then benzo's; just to drink booze again."

pontiac9449 (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I was prescribed 25mg for 5 days first day every 6 hours second day every 8 hours 3rd day every 12 hours 4th day at bed time and 5th day at bed time I was drinking heavily for 8 months straight every day no break 375 ml cognac and a champagne on top of that if I wasn't drinking that I was drink a 750ml of vodka 80 proof I try to stop and my BP was through the roof my doctor told me to keep drinking until I came into her office for the prescription that was for 6 days I had to keep drinking and I finally got the script I haven't started yet I start tonight at the time I usually have my first drink I will let you know how it went for these next 5 days my doctor said it's the best alcohol withdrawal medication I'm so over drinking I'm only 29"

Getting sober 29 yO female (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I've been drinking for about three years now! To try and take away the depression and anxiety. (I do realise drink is the worst thing to madicate with) As I write this, I had just woke up on my back, vomiting. Four day drinking session. Not a morsel of food past my lips. 25/30 cans of Guinness per day. I've lost the ability to walk properly. For several years now, when I stand up, my legs just buckle. I take diazepam too. They are of no help anymore! I was taken into hospital two months ago. Family had rang an ambulance. I had alcohol poisoning, and taken a seizure. Librium really helped with the withdrawals in hospital. I wish any of you suffering all the very best! Alcohol dependancy is such a lonely road to walk."

James1980 March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I was drinking for 4 years and tried numerous rehab centers, all of which did not believe in providing drugs, just vitamins.... I tried to stop on my own the other day and sat in the living room shaking and shivering. I finally went to my Dr. Yesterday and he prescribed Librium to help with the shakes and anxiety. Day 2 and feeling much better... the drug works for the shakes and pain of withdrawal... I know I have a long road ahead to actually clean up my act, but the drug is a great start to dealing with the discomfort. I tried to write on my computer yesterday but the shakes would not allow me to make any sense, today, I can write with fairly good ability. The Librium definitely helps. Good Luck everyone in recovery, it can be a struggle"

Styk February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Simply put. Librium saved my life!"

Greatful (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I've always done cold turkey withdrawal and this is the first time I could function. It made me feel numb and zombie like but I'd rather have that than the cold turkey withdrawal. I'm a 39 year old female who's been drinking since 15. I'm a horrible binge drinker that can go weeks with only vodka or other kinds of booze, I wake up in the morning and drink until I pass out, soon as I wake up I do it all over again. The only way I stop is my husband takes my wallet, keys, and any access to $. My withdrawals kick in quick and I feel as if I'm dying. I don't sleep for 3 to 4 days, I hear stuff that's not there, I sweat profusely and than I'm freezing, horrible anxiety my heart jumps at any noise, my heart races, and I get super depressed"

Harrison is my spllit p (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Since having a seizure back in December 2015 I had been put on Librium. When I tapered off of it I started relapsing with Alcohol over and over, many hospital trips. The drug did always help me take the edge off, but when I felt the need to not be on it anymore except occasionally at night when I couldn't sleep which I've always had sleeping issues. But the drug did save me after the seizure from withdrawals I was drinking and binging so much at that time of life, beer, shots, all day and night, no eating at all. I ended up staying alcohol free till like April and relapsed and it's been downhill since then I've now accepted to greater myself, and grow more will power to not drink again Librium has helped me through these past few years."

AaronM7 February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have been a heavy liquor drinker for at least ten years now. Done some horrible things not only to my own self and body, but also my family. Went to rehab for a month, and soon as I came out drank again. In may of last year I found out I now have pancreatitis, due to the heavy alcohol consumption. I got out of the hospital after spending a good week an a half, and lasted for almost two months. The pain with pancreatitis is worse than having a child naturally! I know because I have! The doctors told me if I start drinking again I Will Die!!! So another attack came on and was to embarrassed to go back to the ER, I went to my own doctor and told him everything he prescribed with librium and it's been my true life saver!!!!"

Hey Jude February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Binge drinking had become a serious problem. I would go for days without drinking or even the desire to have one. Then would meet up with drinking buddies one day and that was it. I went to a psychiatrist who prescribed Disulfaram in the morning and this drug in the evening. changed my life, been sober for 8 months now."

sundar s v January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Anxiety: "I'd suffered from ongoing anxiety and found my usual antidepressants were not working anymore. Also I was going through a very stressful period, and not sleeping or eating well. My GP prescribed librium for a short period of time. I found it really effective. My sleep and appetite returned and I was coping much better with anxiety. It's been two weeks now and I am going to ask if I can continue taking it for a bit longer. I have had no noticeable side effects."

Sonnymac (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Was a 2.5/3 pint a day vodka drinker for 3 yrs. I'd medicate on it. 2 or 3 shots every couple hours around the clock. I started needing the vodka to stay asleep at night. I'd wake up with the pounding heart and shakes. And my guts were sour (constant diarrhea). I couldn't go more than 3 hrs without it or I'd go into full blown paranoia and anxiety attacks. I'm afraid of drugs. I hate pharmaceuticals. And I was DONE drinking so I tried to wean myself over and over again and failed hard. Finally broke down and went to detox. Librium was their go to. The stuff is amazing. Made detox a breeze to be honest. I wasn't even tired on it. I felt normal to be honest. No shakes, no paranoia, slept good (vivid dreams). 25mg 3 times day for 10 days."

Scorpio0251 December 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Anxiety: "Librium hasn't worked at all for me. I'm taking 10mg four times a day and I still get anxeity."

Ecane (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I've been drinking heavily for 11 years now. Lost many jobs because of my addiction. I've been a bartender for over 7 years. I've never once said I need help and could do it on my own. I know now I can't and need help. I've drank every single day for the past month over a 5th or more than 10 drinks (if at a bar/restaurant.) I definitely needed this medication. It's my second day and the shakes have worn off. The first day was difficult. I will say it definitely help take the shakes away, cravings and anxiety.I have a long road ahead of me, but I have faith, feel better and am optimistic about a sober future! These pills are saving my life! Highly recommend. Good luck to you all that have read this and are struggling with alcoholism!"

Hopeful bug (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I was drinking the 720 ml every 24 hrs., of Captain Morgan rum, that's the largest bottle they sell. I was spending over $750 a month. I was given LIBRIUM take 3 times a day. The first day I still went through the some light withdrawals mainly the shakes. Usually the withdraws where shakes, bad difficulty breathing, throwing up, light headed, feet and hands going number, blood pressure sky rocketing, and super bad head aches. That first day was just shakes, I had already even lost the impulse to go and buy some. Day 2 I only took 2. Day 3 I only had to take 1. I took 1 every 24 hrs the next 4 days and no longer needed them. It was very effective for me. Anyone who wants to quit that's a good way to go. Be responsible though."

Daddy Beave (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "I was administered this drug at the beginning of a 28 day residential detox/rehab for alcohol. It stopped the tremors and shakes. But not the other withdrawal symptoms such as the sweats which did subside. However, it took slightly longer to bring back the co-ordination in my legs. I was advised that this had something to do with the receptors in my brain repairing. Until it was brought to my attention I didn't know how much alcohol affected the brain and it's normal function with the rest of the human body."

murth07 July 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Librium (chlordiazepoxide) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "Tested positive this week for Benzo's at a aftercare treatment center. Could not figure it out from my normal prescribed medications I take daily, all non-benzo's until I looked it up on this site. Over three weeks ago I was given Libruium at a detox center. So this must be why I showed up as positive for Benzo's in a urine test weeks after detox is completed. I am glad I found this site and now know the cause."

Alcohol detox using Librium July 29, 2016