How and where is the Vivitrol injection given?
Vivitrol must be administered by a health care provider and is usually given every 4 weeks (once a month) as an intramuscular injection, into the muscle of your buttocks (butt). Alternating buttocks should be used for each subsequent injection.
- Vivitrol (naltrexone) Updated 03/2021. Alkermes, Inc. https://www.drugs.com/pro/vivitrol.html
Related medical questions
- What happens if you drink alcohol while taking naltrexone?
- What is low dose naltrexone (LDN)?
- What to avoid when taking naltrexone?
- Can you drink alcohol on Vivitrol or will you get sick?
- Should I take naltrexone in the morning or at night?
- Does naltrexone cause weight gain?
- What's the difference between naltrexone and naloxone?
- How does naltrexone make you feel?
- Acamprosate vs naltrexone: How do they compare?
- How long does naltrexone take to work?
- How long does Vivitrol last in your system?
Related support groups
- Naltrexone (46 questions, 225 members)
- Vivitrol (27 questions, 185 members)
- Alcohol Dependence (39 questions, 120 members)
- Alcoholism (17 questions, 82 members)