How long does Vivitrol last in your system?
How long does Vivitrol last in your system? How often do I need to have Vivitrol injection?
- Vivitrol injection is a once-a-month extended release injection
- How long Vivitrol lasts depends on how fast your body breaks down the slow release formula and varies from person to person
- After the IM (intramusclar) injection most of the Vivitrol would have left the body 25 to 50 days
- For most people the effect from Vivitrol lasts for about a month in their body, so they need to have a new Vivitrol injection every 4 weeks or once a month, for it to keep having its effect.
When calculating how long Vivitrol lasts in the body, you need to consider its elimination half-life This is the time it takes for half of the drug to be metabolized and eliminated in the body. This varies from person to person with people ranging from being slower or faster at eliminating Vivitrol.
- The elimination half-life of Vivitrol injection is 5 to 10 days
- Generally, it takes approximately five half-lives for a drug to be eliminated from the body
- Faster elimination 5 X 5 days = 25 days
- Slower elimination 10 X 5 days = 50 days
- Vivitrol injection lasts in the body for a range of 25 to 50 days.
Related Medical Questions
- What happens if you drink alcohol while taking naltrexone?
- Can Vivitrol cause a positive drug test?
- Is Vivitrol the same as Suboxone?
- What can I take for pain while on Vivitrol?
- How fast does Vivitrol work?
- Does Vivitrol help with cravings?
- Can you drink alcohol on Vivitrol or will you get sick?
- Does naltrexone cause weight gain?
- What to avoid when taking naltrexone?
- Should I take naltrexone in the morning or at night?
- What's the difference between naltrexone and naloxone?
- How long does naltrexone take to work?
- How does naltrexone make you feel?
- What happens if you take opiates while on Vivitrol?
- Does naltrexone make you sleepy?