User Reviews for Naltrexone

Also known as: Depade, Revia, Vivitrol

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Naltrexone.

Alcohol Dependence

7.5

Trichotillomania

Summary of Naltrexone reviews 7.7 263 reviews

Reviews for Naltrexone

For Fibromyalgia: "I'm NORMAL AGAIN!! I feel AMAZING! This medicine is truly a dream come true. I feel so thankful to be offered this THANKS to my pain clinic I went too because the NORMAL doctors would not prescribe it. It's Safe it's changed my life! I'm free of pain!"

sheilamix (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2018

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "I tried this the year it came out for trial runs and it worked great. I still had some sensitivity after med wore off but that only lasted bout another month. I think it worked like it was suppose to. I think you should be off your Suboxone/Subutex for more than 72 hrs for it to work properly."

ADT December 31, 2017

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Alcohol Dependence: "So far on my first shot I notice a reduction in craving or thinking about alcohol. I hear after the second and third injection that the cravings go completely away. We shall see. But after the injection there is no sense in trying to get away with a drink as either you will feel deathly ill or feel nothing at all. Including no buzz or good feelings from the drink. No side effects for me. I’m happy I took the shot."

Elayna2020 December 30, 2017

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "I just completed a short term rehab and received the vivitrol shot 3 days ago. I had no side effects what so ever. It's very important that people wait at least 10 to 14 days off of any substance before receiving the shot. I got my shot on my 14th day clean. I feel amazing. Not craving heroin at all. I also started an antidepressant a few weeks ago so I'm sure that probably has a lot to do with me feeling good and being clean of course. I recommend people try the shot.. what do u have to lose.. if your serious about quitting this is perfect for you."

KimberlyV (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2017

For Alcohol Dependence: "I tried going to AA for six years before I found naltrexone. AA did not work at all. Last year, I started researching alternatives to AA. It was only then that I realized that alcohol abuse is a spectrum and that one approach doesn’t apply to everyone. For me, I needed more than group support or a “spiritual” solution. My body simply reacted badly to alcohol and craved more when I had it. I then found naltrexone. It has reduced the physical desire for alcohol and if I have alcohol I do not crave more. I had to be compliant, though, so it took me 4 months of noncompliance before I took it regularly. After that, I drank rarely and when I drank I didn’t get drunk. It is my solution but it took me time to become willing, after which it worked."

CaptainM December 16, 2017

For Fibromyalgia: "This drug is a miracle drug for me. I'm currently 24. I've been living with fibromyalgia symptoms since I was 20. The very first time I took a single 4.5 mg dose of Naltrexone, I awoke 4 hours later with no pain. It did, and still does, feel like I have a whole new body now. If you have a condition that causes chronic pain, I highly suggest you give low dose Naltrexone a try. Talk to your doctor about it. I can't promise it will help everybody, but for me it has made an incredible difference."

Austin R. December 14, 2017

For Alcohol Dependence: "I’ve been on 50mg naltrexone for 3 days to stop drinking and I have experienced just about every ‘rare’ side effect listed. I’ve had severe fatigue -though not really able to sleep well- insomnia at night, nausea, and weakness. My dr. told me to go down to 25mg for a couple of days until my body acclimated to the med, but I don’t know if I want to keep up with it because of how poorly I’ve been feeling. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?"

Ughnomore December 12, 2017

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "If you want to be sober but can't & have tried & failed at sobriety then you are the perfect criteria. You failed at sobriety before because a chemical change, a physical dependance is making the calls putting your life in danger. You KNOW this but can't control it-- that's why you are always having anxiety & negative thoughts. You want to stop but can't manage to do so for very long. GET THE INJECTION! You will eliminate all the want/need/desire for use. Your body will heal itself giving you 100% of your attention for recovery. You will control your decisions again & no longer NEED anything to function. This injection will work & you will have chosen the fastest & most effective SOLUTION to your addiction. You need this..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

For Alcohol Dependence: "I was heading down a common spiral, hit my 30's and a mentally abusive relationship lead me to drink everyday. One thing lead to another. An horrific end to the relationship I hit the bottle hard for 2 weeks. The realisation that I am destroying myself and more importantly my loving Mother, Father and family I headed to rehab. It gave me time to recognise my issues, after I attended AA. But that only lasted months. I'm one for self research and I had been reading up on TSM. I msgd people in the C3 Foundation and ordered the pills. That's a year ago. I drink some weekends. 2/3 pints. Special occasions a few more. Next day nothing, not an ounce of craving. I can't really put into words what my life is like now. Miracles do happen. Believe me."

onthewayout (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2017

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "I cannot express enough how INCREDIBLE vivitrol is! I am proud to say I have 4 months clean. All the glory goes to vivitrol and God! After years spent being in a self destructive, repetetive, hopeless cycle... My Drug Of Choice's were methamphetamine and heroin (both IV). Now I no longer have cravings for EITHER substances. I am finally working. Got my drivers licence and a car. Am working on getting my GED. All things I never would have been able to do if I'd kept going from where I was. I am thankful and blessed to be alive and sober today. I 100% recommend this to everybody still suffering. My brother also got the shot after years of being in and out of jail, living on the streets, he is working now and doing wonderfully! So thankful"

Sammmmmmmmm December 2, 2017

For Alcohol Dependence: "I read over these reviews many, many times before starting the naltrexone. All I can say is it does what it says and and all the positive ones are true. It did not let me down. There was a time when alcohol was like air to me and I could not breathe without it. The alcoholism turned into heroin addiction, and even when I would get sober ALL I could think about was the fact that I was not drinking and I would be so angry that I couldn’t drink. This drug is a miracle in the sense that I now no longer obsess over alcohol in my everyday thinking. Through a brief relapse, I had to force myself to drink a glass of champagne and couldn’t go any further. If you want your life back, start now"

Naturespeaks (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2017

For Alcohol Dependence: "I had my first drink at 14 and gradually built up to binge drinking (wine only) in my 60's. I wish I'd known about Naltrexone earlier because, for me, this is a miracle. No side effects just the pleasant feeling of being normal. I can party on just one spritzer. I happily nominate myself to be the designated driver. Occasionally I might think of a chilled wine at the end of the day but the thought outweighs actuality. Simply, I feel I don't want a drink, let alone crave it."

Nelly119 November 24, 2017

For Alcohol Dependence: "I’m a college professor, and was about to lose my job due to legal troubles, and missing work. I’ve been a binge drinker for 15 years. I finally went to a psychiatrist who prescribed this for me. It’s been 2 weeks, and I had a terrible day so I decided to see if this pill really works. I bought a bottle on wine, and had to force myself to drink a glass. I poured another glass, and I couldn’t drink it. I have no desire, and the cravings are almost all gone. This really is a miracle pill. None of those programs appeal to me because they all seem cultish. This pill is all I needed. Holy crap, it works!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017

For Alcohol Dependence: "-50mg pill Naltrexone -binge drinker consuming between 40-60 drinks a week -experienced nausea and ended up throwing up, it did not come back with my next dose. -attempted drinking on 2nd day and found that I had lost interest/craving Some unexpected positive side effects: -loss of desire to smoke cigarettes -extreme reduction OCD smartphone use -reduced appetite but with food tasting great, even water tastes great (weird) -fitful sleep and whackadoodle dreams -night-sweats -jittery for first 30-60 minutes after dose -I am a better father, husband and all around dude"

Tipsy McStagger (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2017

For Trichotillomania: "So I am still a big believer that low dose naltrexone does a great job with people. I have no doubt that it works for some people with trichotillomania. However, it did not do that for me. I was pretty disappointed. I have been diagnosed with very minor trichotillomania. But I always have to get my haircut short so that I don’t touch it. I read a lot of reviews being excited about naltrexone. It just did not seem to help. However I still encourage people to try it depending on the severity of their trichotillomania."

VinD23 (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2017

For Opiate Dependence: "UK user H and Crack for 10 years on and off. PLEASE acknowledge an opiate life will mask all your aches and pains AND the longer addiction the longer the payback. 1000,000 % you'll go nowhere continuing on subs, meth or gear. Had a 2 month implant of naltrexone and getting another 9 months on Tuesday.... Your life will ONLY GET WORSE otherwise. MY recommendation is to go for the naltrexone and read this again.... and again.... and again...... GOOD LUCK."

DaveyDee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2017

For Alcohol Dependence: "At 34, I would consume upwards of 20 beers in one sitting. I'd miss work, had failed relationships, friends wouldn't want to invite me out anymore. I finally realized my drinking was a huge problem when I woke up in a jail cell and had no idea how I got there. I found Naltrexone via a TedTalk about TSM. I'm at the end of week 2 and I've not finished the 6 pack that's in my fridge since day one. I think there are 2 left, behind some food somewhere. I'll save them for a guest. Try this drug, it's early days but I feel like it's changed my life already."

N11S (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2017

For Alcohol Dependence: "Started as social drinker came from parents that were functional alcoholics. Started heaving drinking 5 years ago I was a closet drinker hid it from my wife but she knew and confronted me several times. Vodka was my drug. I have been on this medication for 7 days last 3 days I've not taken pill or drank. The key for me I was tired of hiding and tired of drinking I told my wife and friends I'm alcoholic that is the key is being honest not embarrassed. I also get counselling also it's been 7 days but I feel so free."

Nmnvgg October 9, 2017

For Alcohol Dependence: "I'm a really bad alcoholic, drinking every night and sometimes all day as well. My daily drinkng is a minimum of 10 drinks to 15 drinks every single day for the past 15 years. I started taking the Naltrexone 50mg about one week ago. Trying The Sinclair Method while still drinking. I take the 50mg pill one hour before I drink. I still suffer from the cravings and realize that The Sinclair Method takes about 3 to 6 months to fully work. I have already experienced one day when I was satisfied with 3 beers, which really surprised me. Other days I still drink a lot still have the cravings. Other than mild nausea no side effects. I don't like AA. I'm going to stick with this The Sinclair Method for the 6 months."

RoddyB (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2017

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "Before starting Vivitrol 7 months ago I had been a heroin addict for a couple of years. If you're clean for 10-14 days before you get your first shot I can almost guarantee you won't have any horror-story adverse reactions. This drug saved my life; it took the choice out of my hands, forcing my mind to move on and buying me the time I needed to get my life together. People are depressed and all because they can't get over not being able to use, that's not a side effect of the drug it's a personal problem. I didn't experience a single side effect aside from some injection site soreness for 2-3 days after each shot - a small price to pay. If you need this and can get it, do it."

Ronald P. McDonald (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2017

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "I’ve been on vivitrol for 2.5 years an it saved my life! I cheated my way into it by getting the pill first and after 4 years of heroin use it sent me straight into withdrawal but in three days got my shot and on the 4th day I felt like a new man! No cravings no side effects and you can drink on it there is an additive they put in for alcoholics! I advise every opiate addict to seek help an get this shot it is life Saving!! Oh and as bad as this sounds I quit methadone to get back on dope soo my withdrawals were not at severe! It worked!"

Drizzy24 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2017

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been on vivitrol for a month with no side effects whatsoever. A little sore at injection site for about 24 hours but really not bad at all. l don't believe naltrexone is what makes people feel like crap, it's really just withdrawal symptoms. Please do your research, have a support system, and don't let people scare you out of trying recovery! Good luck to all-"

Jen1221 September 14, 2017

For Opiate Dependence: "I was prompted to take the Vivitrol shot when I was in drug court I was already 6 months clean off heroin but I had an alcohol relapse and I was a reason why I was prompted to take it now the shot hurt anything for four weeks and I have really bad issues with sleeping. I lost all interest in everything. No sex no kids nothing was peaking my interest. It wasn't until I graduated and 6 months after that I started feeling things and finding hot in life. But then again I relapsed so go figure."

Steveo87 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 13, 2017

For Opiate Dependence: "Naltrexone is an opiate blocker/craving reducer. It is not a cure. Everyone on here saying they got violently sick I don't understand why these doctors didn't take the right precautions. If you're on extended opiates bup, methadone. Your suppose to wait 14 days. For normal opiates Heroin, Oxy ect... your suppose to wait 7-10 days. But everyones body is different so if you were a heavy heroin user you possibly could have to wait 2 weeks or on methadone for years then possibly longer. The reason it makes you so sick is it instantly removes all opiates from your receptors. I've personally been taking the pills for over a month and all it does is "reduce cravings" I still have them just not as often and as bad. Good Luck."

OpiateKing (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

For Fibromyalgia: "I was diagnosed with MS in Dec 16. Had the most severe fatigue and leg numbness, didn't sleep for more than few hours for years. Had extreme heat intolerance too. After just 5-10 min doing exercise or work felt like I was going to pass out. All of this combined made me so miserable I couldn't grasp why I would need to go on. Copaxone seemed to help a little but the injection sites were all like a swarm of bees stung me. Researched Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN )and couldn't believe reviews. Emailed doc and he wrote script without a second guess. Take about 3mg every night around 9pm. Life changing decision. No bull. Feel better than I have in 10 years. Heat tolerance in about 90% corrected except for few off days. Energy is much better and tingling mostly gone."

SteveLoves LDN September 1, 2017