User Reviews for MS Contin

Learn more about MS Contin.

Pain 41 reviews 1119 medications

8.2
Chronic Pain 38 reviews 113 medications

7.9
Summary of MS Contin reviews 79 reviews 8.1

Reviews for MS Contin

For Pain "I am retired, but still read and do many other activities. I was taking MsContin 30mg 3x and Oxycodone IR 10mg 4x per day. I stopped reading and crocheting. I stopped watching my favorite programs. I never knew when I was going to fall asleep. I became hostile, angry, depressed, paranoid and had substantial memory loss. I stopped talking to people and was tired all the time. I didn't connect it to my pain medication because I have numerous chronic illnesses. Last year my doctor suggested a change to Oxycontin, but I was afraid. A month ago I started taking Oxycodone IR 10mg four times a day and Xtampza 18mg three times per day. I wish I had done it sooner. I have eat a good meal with the Xtampza but,I am awake and my real personality is back. My energy is up."

Aurorablue May 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "Just started this medicine for my spine arthritis and knee arthritis It takes away the pain pretty well. I am only on 15MG. Only problem I have is it make me feel light headed and jittery at times. But, as far as getting rid of the pain, it is doing the job so far."

ZakBB (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I had tried all the short term meds; like hydrocodone, oxycodone, ect. Over half my back and neck, the pads in between the vertebra are crushed or not there at at. My Dr. Put me on 60mg MS CONTIN 4 TIMES, on a 24 hour period. With hydrocodone as a break through, short term med. l need not say I rarely touch the hydrocodone. Sometimes I only take 2 or 3 MS CONTIN A DAY. MS CONTIN 60mg is the best long term for me, thank GOD FOR 60mg MORPHINE,, PAIN FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

BLACKDRAGON January 19, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have degenerative disc disease and had spinal fusion and stenosis surgery in my lower back. For years I have been on Norco 7.5mg/325 (1 pill 4x a day as needed.) and for the most part that took care of my pain. Roughly the past year my dr decided to reduce the Norco by half and added MS Contin. 15mg 1 pill twice a day. It didn't help much. For me it takes the MS Contin three hours for me to notice any difference and it only helps for about six hours leaving three hours before I can take another. He upped it to 30mg in the morning and 15mg at night. Still not seeing anything different. This Friday I am going to ask him if I can just go back on the Norco at my old regiment. It seemed to work better for me then these extended release meds."

Drazala December 28, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I was dizzy really bad first dose and felt weird. Had trouble seeing but I finally got some sleep. Those feelings only lasted 2 doses. I was on 15mg ER. It hasn't helped a but a little bit. I've been on pain meds for7 years. They wanted me on er because I hurt 24/7."

Scootet November 27, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I have been a long term sufferer of chronic pain from Fibromyalgia, DDD, Scoliosis, Sciatica, Arthritis, Migraines and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since 1992.,. After starting out with the over the counter meds, then moving to prescription Motrin, Day trip, Rendering, and numerous anti depressants, my doctor began prescribing Vicodin 5/500. At first they worked, but after 3months, nothing! So I went back to my doctor and told him. He then proceeded to put me on 7.5/750, again they worked for me no longer after 3 months. To make a long story short, I am now and have been on MS Contin, 60mg x two times a day and 100mg at bedtime. For my break-thru pain I am on Oxycodone 30mg x two. I'm here to say that I have a life once again!"

Ekkostar (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2016

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "It is unbelieveable. I have hurt so badly and for so long., Finally I got a caring Doctor that actually listened to me. He spent about 45 minutes talking to me. I have had a spinal fusion and both hips replaced. The discs above and below the fusion are going bad I found a doctor that prescribed the MS and I am almost pain free. I am afraid to take a deep breath. It has been so long since I could do the most ordinary things like push the grocery cart and walk up an incline. I think this drug is wonderful. I haven't had the up and down ride you get with hydrocodone,"

Tannen June 3, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I take it for chronic back & foot pain. I had been taking OxyContin ER, but insurance isn't covering that anymore. I am not a fan of short-acting meds, trying to stay on top of pain with them. MS Contin seems to be working only slightly less effectively as the OxyContin ER. More dry mouth, less sedating tho. Both seem about equal on other side effects. I'm happy with it!"

Yendo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I find it nearly impossible to see how MS contin 30 is equivalent to 20mg of oxycodone. In comparison, they are night and day different. The MScontin hardly does a thing at all! The oxycodone helped much, much more. Two of my back doctors took me off it because others abuse it. Seems the doctor's care more about junkies that chronic pain patients."

No help -Failed back surgeries (taken for 10 years or more) February 15, 2016

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "Did not help with much pain maybe a slight bit and only for an hour at most made me break out and itch till i was bleeding"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "It wears off too quick"

Dog head January 25, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I took this b4 when I had open heart. Worked very well. Now I have just finished my 5th hip surgery and the Vics 5 a day dont help much. This 15mg makes me really tired. "

Day56 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have had 14 operations and where my back and neck was broke kills me. I have 4 bulging disc and my m s contin 60 mgs is not working anymore"

Gobbler 1 November 5, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I have been in chronic pain for many years I have c1 c2 3 4 5 6 7 9 of the spine bone spurs sister after on my spine spinal stenosis scoliosis l5 is degenerative degenerative disc disease degenerative joint disease multiple sclerosis my hip is cracked on both sides I have six kinds of cyst on my head there is no gap on my head every bone is cracked debbie is cracked both knees are bad nerve damage in my hands and on my legs have been on methadone 60 milligrams for about 5 years and oxycodone 15 milligrams 4 times a day for breakthrough pain that worked great but they switched me to morphine sulfate er 60 mill today's tI'm not going through withdrawals but it still not help my pain has anybodafter switching from methadone to morphine sulfate"

johnny bug (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "suffering from ME/CFS for over 25 yrs; morphine is ONLY med that decreased pain to tolerable level; take 75mg 3xday with 10mg statex(also morphine) for "breakout"pain; impossible to "forget" a dose; as the pain lets you know within an hour;1maj. side eff.constipation;controlled by250mg/magnesium 4xday"

ivica ME/CFS August 22, 2015

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "This medication works however the side effect of constant headaches are enough to drive a person crazy!"

Mrbackpain69 August 10, 2015

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "Very good medication (as they go) for chronic,intractable back pain. Works well with NSAIDs to keep pain at a tolerable level, without frequent dose changing. Needs to have a breakthrough med with it. Fast acting morphine a good choice."

SpiritSeer622 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2015

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "This medication gave me my life back! I'm 20, been dealing with chronic testicular and pelvic pain from a sports injury (I tore a muscle in my pelvis which radiates pain to the scrotum). I can't begin to describe how wonderful MS Contin works for my pain. I was on OxyContin 30 mg twice a day and it provided no relief. It was also outrageously expensive. My pain doctor switched me to MS Contin 30 mg twice a day and it's been a Godsend and a lifesaver! It brings my pain down from an 8/10 to a 4/10 and lower! I can now function throughout the day, work, go out places, and spend time with friends. It's affordable, no side effects, and it even gives me a lift!"

JohnnyAthens (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2015

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have had chronic, constant migraine for 40 years, complicated by Fibromyalgia which added all over body pain. After years with various short acting pain meds like Lortab and Percocet, my doctor finally tried OxyContin first (worked, but I got tolerant very quickly) and finally MS-Contin, with Percocet as my breakthrough med. My life changed immediately. I take 30mg MS 4 times per day, with up to 3 Percocet. This dosage has not changed in 15 years, and allowed me to return to work full time. I have a (relatively) normal life with occasional days that are bad. MS-Continue was not available in generic form when I started and cost a huge amount every month. Happily, it's generic now and extremely affordable. It saved my sanity."

Ladybell232 May 2, 2015

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "MS Contin 200mg x2 am/ 2pm, Allows me to function more than without it. I'm actually out of the bed more than before I started. I don't get the highs & lows of taking short acting pain meds around the clock. I get a steady release of pain control. Of course I have breakthrough dilauid 8mg tabs as needed. I have Chronic Pain, multiple Lumbar Spine Fusions, Cervical Spine Compression ( all levels) Currently advised to get total Cervical Fusion, but didn't get medical approval for surgery. This medicine is a life preserver!"

JerseyGirl1980 April 8, 2015

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "Had been on time release OxyContin, 20 mg., 2x daily for 2.5 years for severe neuropathy and arthritis in both feet. But insurance changed and had to switch to MS Contin's generic, Morphine ER, 30mg., twice a day. Was dubious this would be as effective as OxyContin, but has worked like a charm! Been on it for a year now, same dosage. Before time-release pain meds, I was in SO much pain. Now, I'm nearly pain free and its given me my life back. I can't do too much strenuous walking, but can do things like run errands or take my daughter to the mall. I'm in the process of talking to my dr. about something for breakthrough pain, which hits when I overdo it, or sometimes around the 10 hour mark, and have 2 hours to wait."

Dee5336 March 22, 2015

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "This medication was a life saver in the fact that it returned my quality of life back to me. I was on this medication for over 5 years at 30mg twice daily; never needed an increase in dosage. What I loved most about this medication was that it was a great pain reliever without the typical "high" feeling of opiates. When insurance didn't cover the medication, I was able to find it at a hospital (Non profit) pharmacy for around $30/month. The only downside to this medication is coming off of it. I came off of it when I was pregnant and felt withdrawals for the longest I've ever felt withdrawals from an opiate. The next time I came off of it, I quit cold turkey, which reduced withdrawal time in half."

StephanieAlice (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 5, 2014

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "Taking MS Contin 30mg four times a day for over five years. I use 4mg Hydromorphone for immediate release, breakthrough pain when and if needed. Usually (if needed) the Hydromorphone dose required is about 8 mg. Because I am taking these medicines for a serious back injury in which I suffered 3 crushed vertebra, occasionally the pain gets out of control. Usually after ill-advised physical activity at a level beyond that which I am accustomed to. At those times it often requires the MS Contin and a dose of Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) to bring the pain back to a controlled level. When taking MS Contin and Hydromorphone together, there is a period of drowsiness that passes in about 1/2 hour. I just make sure I am not driving or out and about if such a dose is needed."

Rio Verde guy (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 15, 2014

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I was in a really bad car wreck in which I had temporary paralysis due to C3 and C4 fractures and was in a halo for almost 4 months. I would have never survived physical therapy and everyday movement with out this medication."

MommaDragan (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I suffer from severe pelvic and abdominal adhesions and severe pelvic pain as a result. It was from a combination of several surgeries, GI issues, endometriosis, bleeding ovarian cysts etc. I am going to be 30 this year and the condition has robbed me of most of my twenties. For years I have tried Percocet, Dilaudid, Lortab, oxycodone, dihydrocodeine, injections in my nerves, Lyrica, topimarate. They only work for a short time and then I have to pretty much live my life around my pain medicine schedule. Then after my last 2 surgeries, the pain got better and was slightly okay with Lortab but not good enough. I started MS Contin 15mg twice a day last week and I have been virtually pain free. I even forget to take the second dose sometimes."

Anon718 (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2014