User Reviews for Toprol-XL to treat High Blood Pressure (Page 2)

Toprol-XL Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Toprol-XL

P.S. in T.O. July 4, 2008

“Have been taking Toprol for about 7 years now, 50mg once a day. During a recent health fair at work, my blood pressure was really high. Made an appoinment with the Doctor that day to re-evaluate and was found to be running a little high, 145/94. Doctor added an additional 50mg a day. ”

Anonymous June 17, 2008

“I have been taking Toprol XL for about 2 years. My doctor has now put me on 200mg twice a day, total 400mg a day, this had to be approve by my insurance company and it was. This is working for me, no side effects and my blood pressure is steady at 114/70.”

Anonymous March 27, 2008

“I have been taking Toprol XL for 10 years. I began with 50 mg per day, and am now at 200 mg per day. Unlike another report posted here, I am sleeping better while taking the medication. The only two side effects I've experienced are shakiness and nervousness when I miss a dose by even a few hours and vague aural hallucinations (hearing things) while on the verge of falling asleep. I've seen the hallucinations reported by other toprol users on other sites.”

robgb29730 March 20, 2008

“I have been on this medication for several years and it works. All my follow up visits have been good with the cardiologist.”

Anonymous March 11, 2008

“I started taking Toprol XL 100mg one week ago. My Blood Pressure and pulse are much better. 125/75 and 75 pulse compared to 160/100 and 100 pulse. The only problem I am noticing is my sleep. I am not sleeping sound. I toss and turn all night. Something I guess I will get use to. Other than that it is keeping me calmer, my heart is not racing nor is my head pounding. I have had HBP for 12 years and tried many kinds of medications. I am hoping the new cardiologist is on the right track!”

bob in ny July 29, 2007

“I was perscribed Toprol XL 25mg, 1x/day, as part of a long term treatment for elevated (but not high) blood pressure. I found a distinct and bothersome reduction in my energy levels and focus. I have been taking 25mg daily of DHEA and find that blood pressure levels and pulse rate levels remain lowered, but energy, focus and some vague emotional benefits are noticeable. ”