User Reviews for Solu-Medrol

Solu-Medrol has an average rating of 9.0 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings on Drugs.com. 90% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Inflammatory Conditions
Immunosuppression
Summary of Solu-Medrol reviews 9.0 11 reviews

Reviews for Solu-Medrol

Solumedrol Fan · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2013

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I was diagnosed with acute laryngopharyngitis which inflamed my throat, tonsills, and mouth. My body didn't react to amoxicillin so I went a whole weekend in severe pain. Wentt to my docs office at 10am Monday, was hospitalized by 1pm, Solu Medrol by 2pm and pain free by 7pm. Over the course of three days I was very moody, stomach and chest pain, constipation, and never slept but once discharged after 3 days of treatment I was back to my old self within 48hours. The side effects are bad but the effects are heaven sent for pain and inflammation. I have heard the same about Multiple Sclerosis and gout sufferers. God bless you all!”

Mindypin · Taken for less than 1 month April 1, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have severe COPD that was exacerbated by broncholitis, which landed me in the hospital. It has really helped reduce the inflammation in my lungs, and I can finally breathe again. I am on a pretty high IV dose, but they are treating me well. It certainly has side effects. My gut is all pooched out, and I gained SEVEN pounds in a week. Major bloat going on. Heartburn, too. It makes me a little hyper, and my skin is sensitive. I have a back/shoulder ache, but that could be the hospital bed. I hope the side effects go away when I am off of it, but at least I can breathe again.”

MS vee March 19, 2009

“I have multiple sclerosis and take Solu-Medrol through an intravenous infusion. I have taken it three times, and it seems to get rid of the symptoms, I get through my MS attacks, very quickly. Sometimes it works right away (within hours), sometimes it takes the full 5 day treatment. Even if you do not immediately feel like the symptoms are getting better, it doesn't mean that the Solu Medrol isn't working. It is in fact stopping the attack of the brain. The only thing that I do not like is the metallic taste you get in your mouth. Also, there is a really odd urine smell that comes out through your pores. My blood sugar levels go up when on Solu Medrol, but the body usually corrects this.”

Anonymous January 4, 2010

For Gout, Acute: “Sometimes takes several hours to work after being administered but usually relief is dramatic. Best medication I have had to relieve the pain and swelling after an acute attack of gout without having a Cortizone injection in the joint. The injection in the joint is very painful but works quicker, but i.v treatment is the best route.”

SuePado September 29, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have had to be on this medicine 2 to Three times a year for the last three years. I wish I was able to give it to myself instead of being admitted everytime. Not sure if insurance covers it but it would be worth looking into.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2018

For Asthma, acute: “Helped tremendously. Was given as daily injection (by IV) before bedtime during treatment of severe episode shortness-of-breath requiring hospitalization. Reduced need for daily inhalators and restored breathing capacity. Has been two weeks since last dose without any "COPD-Flare" episodes. More effective than Predinisone (pill) for long-term control of condition.”

SLE-Rx · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2017

For Immunosuppression: “I have had repeated Solu-medrol success use for Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). If given enough the first time, it doesn't need to be repeated and I can have had remissions lasting for 18 months to over 2 years living a normal, productive life. The drug is not used enough for this disease unless SLE is life threatening. This drug should be used more to prevent life threatening SLE issues.”

Babs53 January 23, 2010

For Asthma: “My asthma attack and fever of 102.6 started suddenly 1/18/2010. I went to my pulmonary doctor 1/19. I received a Solu-Medrol dosepak. The first days dose is the heaviest. I took it as directed. I had taken 2 doses on the second day when I developed severe chest pains. I returned to my doctor and was admitted to hospital for cardiac work-up. Within 24 hours of tests, I was discharged. I never had any more chest pain after stopping medicine. I must have developed a sensitivity last May when I had pneumonia for 16 days in hospital. My body is very sensitive to medicines. I liked Solu-Medrol. Maybe I have to take it with Benadryl. I don't know until I speak with my doctor on my return visit.”

HLAB27+ · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2018

For Asthma, acute: “Miracle for acute asthma attack”

SophieB · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Given 1 gm/day x3 days intravenously for MS flare. Symptoms relieved quickly. 3 hrs sleep per 24 hr period, strange metallic taste. All with it though.”

Stelladora · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2019

For Asthma, acute: “This medicine helped my asthmatic flare up and breathing. The site where injection was done was painful. The results of this medicine was a blessing of relief!”

mehul10988 January 29, 2015

For Asthma: “Great working medication.”