User Reviews for Ritalin LA

Learn more about Ritalin LA.

Ritalin LA Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 54 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Ritalin LA to treat ADHD

"Thinking that there has been a misdiagnosis as Ritalin had the opposite to that promised. Violence, aggressive tendencies and amplified mood swings, far worse than before. When not screetching, behaviour was "loopy", super-happy and still unfocused. Ceased 4 weeks into a 6 week trial - by necessity."

Ells Bells (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At 55 years of age I am diagnosed with ADHD. It was something I always knew about myself (have Bsc Psych). However, historic issues of sexual abuse at school caused issues / depression / PTSD. I was first given Citalopram and diazepam. I cannot say with certainty it helped a lot. However, once diagnosed with adult ADHD I was prescribed Ritalin LA. It has been nothing short of a miracle for me. Up early, happier, and getting on with life as best I can. Some minor side effects went away as I continued. Also changed to a decent DE-CAFF coffee. Caffinated make me anxious and cancels the positives. Was easy to do. I see Ritalin LA as a positive for my depression."

trouble61 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I found out about 5 years ago I had a sleeping disorder. I would fall asleep driven seating at Red lights and even at work. I never wanted to do anything but sleep. But now my Dr. Has me on Methylphenidate er 24 hr 40mg. Once a day and also ritilin 20mgs once a day. And now I can drive and work and not be scared to fall asleep. So now I can get on with my life and do things with my wife and sons and not want to sleep. It has changed my life for the best."

Kenny 1527 October 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication is truly life changing. After 30 minutes of taking the medication, I become a different person. My laziness goes away and I feel so focussed to do tasks. I've seen a friend at school go from almost a washout, to a hardworking student and everyone started feeling different about him. Best medication in the world!"

Rednax (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using Ritalin for 5 years, at first it helped me in social situations. Now I use it to concentrate. The 40mg capsule with release holds for 7 hours, only downside is that I loose my appetite for those 7 hours. I went from being an almost dropout in elementary to a high achiever in high school. Now I am in university and ritalin definitely helped me."

bror95 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was put on this drug roughly a year ago started at 20mg it litterarally turned my life around It gave me great symptom relief all day with little to no side effects unfortunately after 6 months this medication slowly lost it's effectiveness I am now on 80mg a day and only get roughly 2-3 hour symptom relief which is dissapointing but expected due to tolerance so I will be changing medication soon. But I have to say while it worked ritalin la was the best medication i have been on yet with very little side effects.."

db19 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ritalin excellent medication boost ability to focus (minus out thoughts which bounce off each other at 0-60 second speeds) Quite calming."

Kade 2015 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take Ritalin for ADD. I have found that Ritalin LA offers all of the concentration with none of the nasty side-effects of the SR form of the pill. The only downside is if your dose is too high that it doesn't wear off as quickly. Makes for a jittery day. Start low and move up."

Anonymous June 30, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking this drug for almost a year now and I find it to be extremely helpful. I only wish I had been taking this medication since middle school. I feel no side effects and it has really helped me focus on my day to day tasks. "

SunshineSA May 15, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worked great from day one. Unfortunately, does not come in a generic form so can be very expensive. My doctor recently switched me to Methylin ER since it comes in a generic form and is much more affordable. Sometimes I can't even tell I have taken the Methylin ER, the performance is so sub-standard to the Ritalin LA. I am starting to think a normal life might just be worth the extra $60 a month my insurance doesn't cover on the Ritalin LA."

Anonymous April 13, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ritalin helps tremendously with ADHD and depression. I have to keep strict to my schedule or I will slip. It also makes me insomniatic sometimes, especially if I consume more than one cup of coffee per morning."

jaspermada123yahoo.com August 21, 2008