User Reviews for Daytrana

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Daytrana.

ADHD
8.2

Summary of Daytrana reviews 8.2 65 reviews

Reviews for Daytrana

For ADHD "When my son couldn't swallow, the patch was the perfect alternative for his ADD. He never did have the hyperactivity. We used it for years but he developed a nasty allergic skin reaction to it and we had to stop using it. We miss the ease of it and the simplicity of the 8am-6pm use of it. By bedtime he was ready to sleep. With Concerta he has to take Benadryl to help him sleep. If only they could have fixed that problem"

Mumreese (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I was trying to fall asleep for 20 minutes then I said ohh crap I forgot to take it off. So now I will be awake for 3 more hours. It is very bad if you are a busy person like me. Uggg so tired but can't sleep."

To tired to make name Bla bla June 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Tips for taking off the patch: use oil (we use skin so soft, but any oil will work) to rub into the skin around the edges of the patch and let it sit for a little bit... maybe about 20 - 30 seconds... pull it gently while continuing to rub oil into the edges a little at a time, repeat. The oil dissolves the "glue" and also helps remove the sticky residue that shows up a day later, easier to just wipe off after being sprayed with a mist of oil than scrubbed off with soap and water. Breakfast is all ready to eat when she wakes up- sometimes I make a high calorie, high nutrient smoothie and give it to her while she's still in bed, put the patch on at the same time, let her snooze for 20 more minutes; PM gets high cal/high nutrient snack"

Anonymous April 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "First, any doctor that would prescribe 30 milligram patch for a 4 year old should have his/her license removed. My son who is 7 has never done better in school or socially until we started the patch in 1/17. It may not be for every child but it has changed our lives and I don't say that lightly. If your insurance doesn't cover Daytrana, you can use Good RX for better pricing as well as the manufacturer's coupon."

Cory Leigh (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "My daughter has tried almost every ADHD drug there is. She is a junior in high school and has a very busy schedule. Daytrana is the only way she is able to get her homework done. She takes the patch off an hour before she is done and off to sleep she goes. This is the only medication that does not have harsh side effect for her. I hate that I have to drive all over town to find a pharmacy that has it in stock. I sure hope this shortage ends soon!"

Catherine Marie March 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADD in elementary school. I have taken 3 different kinds of ADD medication and Daytrana has worked the best BY FAR! Strattera made me feel weird as a child. Adderall was terrible for me! I was mean and agitated easily, got headaches a lot, just an all around bad experience for me. I had taken Daytrana in high school and liked it, so when I went home for Christmas break from my first semester at college and told my mom I wanted back on medication I quit taking adderal, but NEEDED something bad! I went back on Daytrana have been on it for a year and half now and I made the Athletic Presidential Honour Roll for my conference! Daytrana= miracle and a yes, for all ADD people!"

dcsmith123 February 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Hello my son is 4 years old and today was his first time with the daytrana patch. The Dr gave him the 30mg he was going crazy shaking his hands moving his mouth side to side sticking out his tongue couldn't stay still...I think it was to way too high of dosing for him and he doesn't really want to eat. "

Anonymous February 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Hi all, My son who is 12 was diagnosed when he was in 2nd grade. We tried everything before medication. When we tried meds, the first one made him loose weight, fast. The second gave him a nasty tic that thankfully went away as soon as he stopped the med, the third worked for a couple of years and around January of last year we started to have problems so his doctor recommended Daytrana. It has been wonderful for my son! Easy to use, he handles this for himself each day and takes it off when he gets home from school. The patch effects last long enough for him to do his homework. He does have issues with weight gain and sleep but he uses melatonin before bed if he feels like he will not be able to shut down. The shortage is KILLING us!"

Mom of two boys (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "After my 10 year tried about every medication he started Daytrana it is absolutely the miracle medication. He is in honors classes and is able tolerate his day to day routine. We put it on him before he gets up in the morning. Without the medication or on oral doses he is very unmanageable and even aggressive at times. We use Ritalin tablets when he does not have school this helps with his weight but his behavior is out of control. He really can not go to school without his patches. We need the Daytrana!!!!!!!"

For Jesse December 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "My son has been on since 3 he is 12 & this shortage sucks"

Josiah malachi October 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "My 8 year old son has ADHD with an anxiety disorder. We started on Ritalin IR when he was 7 and it was great at first but his body started metabolizing them quickly. We increased the dose and then he just became more irritable. We tried adderall next which was awful for him. His doctor wanted to either try Concerta or daytrana. I asked if we could try daytrana because I had read good reviews. This is the absolute best med we have tried. He has been on the lowest 10 mg patch for over a year. We put him on a prescription called Vayarin over the summer which is a natural omega 3 phosphatidylserine supplement that fixed the anxiety. He has no issues and is like the other kids now. Thankful for both meds that helped him!"

Best ADHD medicine for my son (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I was first put on the daytrana patch back in 2005 my freshmen year of highschool. I have been on and off it, due to me not needing it at some times. I am 25 years old now and still only need 20 mg patches. I have not had any issues with this medication aside from the fact that some of the backings on the patches won't come off sometimes. It can leave a sticky residue on my skin but nothing that bothers me. I just restarted this back up and have noticed a decrease in appetite.but once my levels get back to normal appetite also comes back. I highly reccomend to keep communicating with your dr about any thing that feels "off" to you. While on this medicine my grades have always come up from d's and c's to a's and b's."

LizN1416 (taken for 10 years or more) October 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "This is the only medication that helps my son function throughout the day without any out bursts."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "My daughter was on Daytrana for ten years and yes it did help keep her calm and focused during school but at what costs.She was put on it from 2007 till 2016. Her school requested for her to be put on adhd medication. Daytrana was prescribed by her doctor sense we couldn't get her to take pills. You basically apply in on top of your ovaries if you are a girl. Of course I asked all of the questions that a concerned parent would. Here we are ten years later and she is fifteen and flat chested and just now finally got her period. I am now wondering if she can even have children later on of course but worrying. Our other daughter is 11 and got her period and is about a b cup and she is a foot taller, she however is not adhd or on meds."

Melissa Ervin October 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Daytrana works the best out of everything we've tried for my 10yr old son. However, it is absolutely RIDICULOUS that this drug has been nearly impossible to find for nearly a year! Have been told for the past 6 months that the problem will be solved "in the 3rd quarter of the year". It's now October, and it's still nearly impossible to get. Every month, I spend at least a week or more trying to track it down (yes, I use their pharmacy locator service--with mixed results. They're staff doesn't always seem to try very hard). They are jeopardizing patient care, for reasons that I can't fathom. We pay $267/box out of pocket. How hard is it to make more?"

Frustrated mommy October 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "My 9yr old daughter was on the Daytrana 10mg patch the last half of the school year. The daytrana patch did eliminate the spacing out, and she did excell in her classes the last quarter of the school year. She brought her D's and U's up to C's and B's. I took her off the medication over the summer and now she's been back on the same 10mg Daytrana patch for 4 days. She has barely been able to eat anything. She cries because of the constant stomach pain. She's been complaining that her vision is getting blurry (which is listed as a known side effect) she has also been throwing up about once a day. I'm currently trying to work with the specialist to see if this will even out or if I should pull her off the patch ASAP."

Nervous Nellie35 August 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Daytrana really helped with my ADD, as it is a time release patch rather than a pill, and the pills don't usually keep me medicated long enough. I process them too fast. So the patches work great. Minimal skin irritation. However, it may have caused some kind of dependency issue. Because I now rely on the Daytrana to help me focus, I find it difficult to focus without it, to the point of being unmotivated and grumpy if I don't apply the patch. But nothing major."

Chris was already taken July 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Daytrana made me manic, paranoid, and eventually psychotic. I had no difficulty stopping using it--no cravings. After I was off it I had withdrawal symptoms the likes of which I cannot describe; simply sheer misery and dread, almost total insomnia. It last 1.5 years."

SoulDog Newtrix June 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I have been taking daytrana since 2010 it works great but now I have partial heart failure and pulmonary hypertension. I didn't abuse the patch I took one 30mg patch a day! I'm 35 and now it doesn't work like it use to because of one side effect that it gave me so yes use with caution and don't use it everyday if you don't have to!"

lovedove (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I started taking Daytrana a few days ago. It is mostly good but my only problem is my loss in appetite. For the past two days I've really only eaten breakfast and that's when I just put the patch on. I have barely eaten anything besides little spoonfuls of soup and Mac and cheese."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "My daughter has ADHD and has tried every medication out there. Most did nothing but once we tried Daytrana Patches that was exactly what she needed. Her grades improved as well as her concentration and her attitude. I am so thankful that we found the patch. She has used Daytrana for the last eight years. Even though she is 22 now, it is still a very important tool to help her focus in her last year of college. Organization, planning, study habits and everything else that goes out the window with ADHD is a new way of life and much more pleasant all the way around. Daytrana helps my daughter reach her potential and stay focused. She does have some redness from the patch but she would forget to take a pill everyday."

Thankful Mom (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 23, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "My son has has great results with this patch. He is 7, and on the 10 mg. He definitely has loss of appetite during the day, and it's hard to get him to sleep at a reasonable time, but he has had a complete turnaround at school. Since I know all ADHD meds have the same side effects I stated, my only real complaint is how it irritates his skin. He has taken it off several times due to itchiness (which does seem to go away after a couple hours). As for getting the backing off, I "warm it" between my palms for a minute or two, and peel from the pointed part of the backing. Works perfectly."

AMA76 September 14, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Im actually an adult on the patch. I am 28. female. I've been trying to find the right stimulant with bearable side effects since I was in high school. Please excuse the lengthy review I just know the search can be tough and long. I have Depression, ADD, GA & SA, and OCD skin(cuticle) picking tendencies. It's been very hard finding a stimulant that didn't worsen my anxiety related symptoms. I could tolerate 5mg adderrall XR but my body burned through both the XR and IR in about 3 hours. Then I would crash for the rest of the day (depressed, irritable, anxious). Vyvanse gave me zero motivation and made me calm but in a weird way. For example, I didn't care or worry about anything... I didn't even want to talk to people. I would just want to sit there alone and stare at a wall or something. It was nice to be that relax but too weird. But the real problem was the crash! It was the most extreme of all the stimulants I've tried by far! I took it only twice and threw it out. I almost didn't try Daytrana patch because Ritalin was actually the first stimulant I tried, which was over 10 years ago and I remember similar symptoms to that I had on adderrall. I ended up giving it a try with the logic that it might be smoother since its was for children and I was also desperate since I'm working and study for the GRE. I'm so happy I gave Daytrana a shot!! I'm telling you if you suffer from anxiety, can't tolerate the crashes, and metabolize the other stimulant too fast you have got to try this one!! I've only been on it for a week but I can't believe it! I leave it in for the whole 9 hours and I never crash. In comparison to Adderall is still the best stimulant for getting you motivated, I have to motivate myself a little but unlike adderall I can stay focused ALL day with Daytrana. Im also less likely to do something "stimulanty" like start reorganizing my closet for no reason but I do get the necessary cleaning, errands, bills etc done effortlessly. And the best part is that it doubles as an anti-depressant since, what I assume is the increased dopamine stays in my system pretty much all day and night. The "happiness" doesn't feel like a high it feels more like an absence of depression. I don't have anymore of the repetitive negative thoughts. The constant emotions of hopelessness, guilt, embarrassment, you name it, just aren't there anymore. There is still a mild degree of sadness I carry with me but I have major depression so I feel like it's only normal and I can handle that :)!! As far as the negative side effects: Like all the stimulants I've been on I still have the insomnia, loss of appetite, and increase urge to pick at my cuticles at night when it's wearing off. But there is not a "crash". no evenings being completely drained of energy, fits of irritation, major anxiety or depression. Also, the patch is applied to your hip and I'm experiencing some muscle tension in my legs which I think might be slowly subsiding. Im drinking a lot of water and taking vitamins in precaution of cramps. Advice on taking the patch off- It's easier for me to take it off when it's wet. I do it in the shower/bath or rub it off with a warm wash cloth. Good luck!"

Oaktree1987 September 8, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "LOVE the way this medicine work. We could just leave it on a little longer to get through homework time! BUT the irritation was just too much for her skin. She had raised whelps/sores for several weeks after discontinuing the meds."

cafekete (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I started using the patch when I was about 9 and using it now. I'm 13. I was in the lowest classes and now I'm in the highest class in my grade. I used to have to sit in my room for 4 1/2 hours until I finished my homework. It got so bad sometimes that I didn't even finish my homework because It was getting too late. I couldn't hangout with friends. Now it only takes me about 30 mins to an hour to finish. This patch helps me throughout the day. I only use it on weekdays when I'm at school because I only use it when I have to finish a task. But during school I find my stomach rumbling in classes. I ate breakfast every morning, and tried to eat lunch but I loose my appetite. I find myself sweating during class also from not eating in the day."

Anonymous December 2, 2014