User Reviews for Metformin systemic

Diabetes, Type 2
6.5

Summary of Metformin reviews 7.1 416 reviews

Reviews for Metformin

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I had multiple issues with metformin. While I did lose 30 lbs in just a couple of months I had diarrhea nearly every day. I never “got use” to it or had the effect subside. I also have always had very very thick hair and I lost 40% of my hair. I realized my hair loss started a month or so after being on metformin. I mentioned it to my doctor and he disagrees with me and said my conditions cause hair loss. While I understand hypothyroid and pcos cause hair loss I never had hair loss until I took this medicine. I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 24 and hypothyroid the following year. I'm 38 now so Im not buying that it didn't cause it. Having diarrhea every day for over a year is not good for your health. You can't be absorbing any nutrients and Id never been vitamin d deficient either prior to taking metformin. I stopped taking it 6 months ago and take supplements myinositol and berberine instead."

Belle97 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2018

Glucophage XR (metformin) for : "Diagnosed with PCOS at 30 years old after years or struggling with irregular periods. I was constantly exhausted and sick feeling. My family doctor ran test after test and had zero results for me. Food would make me sick and I felt terrible all the time. Finally I went to a gyno instead of my family doctor and had answers within a month! PCOS with insulin resistance. I am on week 2 of Metformin Extended release 1500 mg a day. Day 1 I felt a little sick to my stomach but after the first afternoon I felt AMAZING!! I fell better than I have felt in years. I have so much energy all day and my muscles aren't fatigued like they used to be. I hope it keeps up!"

RyRy (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I was prescribed Metformin for type 2 diabetes. Just newly diagnosed with the condition. At this point, I have only been on the medication for a little less than 4 weeks. I have a scheduled appointment at three months for follow-up blood test to check its effectiveness at lowering blood sugar. I am combining this medication with a more plant based, low fat diet coupled with regular exercise. I will update my review when I do have my follow up check and report blood test results. But, I thought I would go ahead and write a review now to report side effects: The side effects for me are negligible. Almost ZERO. Very, very slight digestive change, absolutely nothing severe as other people have reported to have suffered."

Catalonia (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

For Female Infertility: "My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 17 months. As directed by my doctor I have been taking metformin for 1 week, 500mg. Today I took the second 500mg. I have not lost any weight, no side effects at all. I will be starting Clomid on Saturday for the first time, I’m hoping the combination will bring on our BFP (big fat positive pregnancy test)!"

Irish (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Put on metformin 2012 when I weighed 281lbs, and obese. Told had T2 diabetes & prescribed 500mg tablet twice a day. Lowered my A1C. Lost 31 lbs couple years later, dose dropped to (1) 500mg tablet and did very well on this dose for several years keeping my A1C around 6.1 - 6.4 - In May/2018 rushed to ER in AFIB at 245 lbs, 59 years old. Ejection Fraction at 21% in bad shape. 5 days in critical care unit. Released heart medications & told to lose much weight. Slowly started exercise up to hour per day. Suffered severe side effect lactic acidosis thinking had a heart attack 9/18. Underwent another heart CAT for nothing at 210lbs, having lost 35 lbs since May/2018, I had overdosed on the Metformin 500mg I was taking. My fault not checking BS daily!!!. If you use it, be careful, check blood sugar daily should you change your diet, exercise, and weight. Blood Sugar now within normal ranges without metformin."

Tony (taken for 10 years or more) September 23, 2018

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I've been on Met for about 3 months now. Havent had any side effects nor any weight loss. I am no sure if I should continue as I feel its pointless for me."

chin (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

For Insulin Resistance Syndrome: "Dr said I was pre diabetic and prescribed Metformin 500 once per day. I take at night and the next morning I have severe uncontrollable diarrhea. I'm 50 male and had sudden cardiac arrest with no heartrate for over 40 minutes, only CPR. While in ICU unresponsive for 19 days, they now believe I also had a stroke. The metformin causes diarrhea so forceful, if not near a toilet, well I'm embarrassed to say, I end up with a stinky mess. I'm not taking this stuff anymore."

Tigerkc (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Works well, keeps blood sugar within acceptable levels. I take 500mg twice daily."

Grumpy4090 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking metformin for several several years too. And yes like many other people have said it did give me diarrhea too, night sweats, and tiredness all the time. No energy, and who only knows what else."

DD August 29, 2018

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I started recently and it has been nothing but painful. Diarrhea every morning and after lunch. I’m trying to be hopeful and give this more time because I plan to be able to get pregnant soon, but I can’t without this medicine due to PCOS. The side effects are bad for me personally, but I know they’ve helped others"

Kaitlyn (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I am been on metformin for just over 8 weeks now for PCOS - I asked my doctor for this medication to stablize my weight, I am 5.3 and nearly 11 stone, and no matter what diet I tried or how much exercise I did I would loose nothing. Since being on metformin I have had two periods on the exact same time of the month! This has never ever happened before, I could go months without having one. I have also lost a few pounds from my stomach - something many people with PCOS suffer with. And even lost some volume from double DD back breaker breasts! Hallelujah! I did have an upset stomach for a few days but I learnt if I take my 500mg after I eat my main evening meal I am fine. So far this pill has been a blessing!"

clg (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Been using Metformin for 20 years no side effects keeps my sugar down I take two in the morning 500 mg and two at night"

Tvsteve (taken for 10 years or more) August 8, 2018

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I have been taking Metformin for 3 days now due to irregular mentrual cycles. I went a year without a cycle my OBGN prescribed it to me for weight loss and so that my cycles can return to normal. The first day it gave me a bad taste and stomach pain but I am not having those problems any more and I have already lost a couple pounds current weight was 165lb today I am 163lb."

Brooke (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have T2 diabetes. So take metformin 500mg twice a day. It does make me go to the restroom more often but no diarrhea as such. Before this med I only went about once a week. I've also lost weight. Blood sugar is also coming down. I eat healthier now too. No complaints so far."

Texas Granny (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on Metformin for about 15 yrs. Now my blood sugars & A1C getting higher. Makes me feel hungry and I've gained weight."

panda July 3, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Metformin gives you diarrhea It makes you have hemorrhoids . I have to go on good diet plan. But it helps your diabetes. My body just going through a lot of changes."

TT June 29, 2018

For Insulin Resistance Syndrome: "Side effects are stomach pains, queasiness, cold sweats and nightmares."

Spud (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2018

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "While on this medication, I'm not confident it did much for my PCOS, however, I never had an appetite and it helped my constipation! 10/10 great unintentional weight loss pill."

Dreamy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 10, 2018

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I've tried it 2 separate times with no results. My endocrinologist was hopeful that it would balance my hormones and help me lose weight. I was constantly nauseated all the time and headaches would come and go. I noticed no weight loss during that time at all. Finally had to get off it because of the horrible GI symptoms."

MissLeopard83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have no problem taking this drug"

Pam (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 2, 2018

Glucophage XR (metformin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Best for diabetes 2"

Balvir Singh (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "My Dr. prescribed both Metformin and lisinoprol for my Pre-diabetic condition and lisinoprol for my high blood pressure. I took my first dose yesterday of 1,000 mg in the morning and at night and I can say it didn’t make me feel any different, however today I feel extremely tired and very easily irritated. My mother in law is here making breakfast and asking too many darn questions for me to function right. Last night I also had a shooting pain in the right leg when getting up to pee (6-7times). I have not taken my first dose of the day yet and after reading all the horrible reviews about lisinoprol, I don’t think I’ll be taking that...."

Jmak (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

Glucophage (metformin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "was diagnosed with type 2 diaberes in 2005. I tried metformin and it made me deathly ill. I practically lived in the bathroom for the month I tried it the first time. After that I checked the internet and found 2 other manufacturers of metformin. Both caused same reaction. The Doctor then tried the "real" brand Glucophage. I haven't had any problems since then. I am able to control my sugar . However I haven't been able to get the "real" Glucophage in over 3 months. It is on long term back order and not expected for3or 4 more months. I will die if necessary before ever going back to the metformin."

claudi (taken for 10 years or more) February 27, 2018

Glumetza (metformin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "very hard on the stomach but worked ok for reducing blood glucose. VERY expensive"

Babe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Swollen legs, very swollen ankles !"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...