User Reviews for Metformin

Diabetes, Type 2
6.5

Summary of Metformin reviews 7.1 406 reviews

Reviews for Metformin

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Been using Metformin for 20 years no side effects keeps my sugar down I take two in the morning 500 mg and two at night"

Tvsteve (taken for 10 years or more) August 8, 2018

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I have been taking Metformin for 3 days now due to irregular mentrual cycles. I went a year without a cycle my OBGN prescribed it to me for weight loss and so that my cycles can return to normal. The first day it gave me a bad taste and stomach pain but I am not having those problems any more and I have already lost a couple pounds current weight was 165lb today I am 163lb."

Brooke (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have T2 diabetes. So take metformin 500mg twice a day. It does make me go to the restroom more often but no diarrhea as such. Before this med I only went about once a week. I've also lost weight. Blood sugar is also coming down. I eat healthier now too. No complaints so far."

Texas Granny (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on Metformin for about 15 yrs. Now my blood sugars & A1C getting higher. Makes me feel hungry and I've gained weight."

panda July 3, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Metformin gives you diarrhea It makes you have hemorrhoids . I have to go on good diet plan. But it helps your diabetes. My body just going through a lot of changes."

TT June 29, 2018

For Insulin Resistance Syndrome: "Side effects are stomach pains, queasiness, cold sweats and nightmares."

Spud (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2018

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "While on this medication, I'm not confident it did much for my PCOS, however, I never had an appetite and it helped my constipation! 10/10 great unintentional weight loss pill."

Dreamy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 10, 2018

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I've tried it 2 separate times with no results. My endocrinologist was hopeful that it would balance my hormones and help me lose weight. I was constantly nauseated all the time and headaches would come and go. I noticed no weight loss during that time at all. Finally had to get off it because of the horrible GI symptoms."

MissLeopard83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have no problem taking this drug"

Pam (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 2, 2018

Glucophage XR (metformin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Best for diabetes 2"

Balvir Singh (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "My Dr. prescribed both Metformin and lisinoprol for my Pre-diabetic condition and lisinoprol for my high blood pressure. I took my first dose yesterday of 1,000 mg in the morning and at night and I can say it didn’t make me feel any different, however today I feel extremely tired and very easily irritated. My mother in law is here making breakfast and asking too many darn questions for me to function right. Last night I also had a shooting pain in the right leg when getting up to pee (6-7times). I have not taken my first dose of the day yet and after reading all the horrible reviews about lisinoprol, I don’t think I’ll be taking that...."

Jmak (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

Glucophage (metformin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "was diagnosed with type 2 diaberes in 2005. I tried metformin and it made me deathly ill. I practically lived in the bathroom for the month I tried it the first time. After that I checked the internet and found 2 other manufacturers of metformin. Both caused same reaction. The Doctor then tried the "real" brand Glucophage. I haven't had any problems since then. I am able to control my sugar . However I haven't been able to get the "real" Glucophage in over 3 months. It is on long term back order and not expected for3or 4 more months. I will die if necessary before ever going back to the metformin."

claudi (taken for 10 years or more) February 27, 2018

Glumetza (metformin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "very hard on the stomach but worked ok for reducing blood glucose. VERY expensive"

Babe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Swollen legs, very swollen ankles !"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2018

For Insulin Resistance Syndrome: "I found out I had PCOS and insulin resistance last year. I tried to lose weight naturally and without success. Started on metformin 500 twice a day after food and had terrible stomach problems plus depression. My husband noticed I was terribly low. Then doctor recommended 1000mg slow release and have felt fantastic for the last 3 months. Cravings gone, don’t feel lethargic after eating and have much more energy. I have lost 5kg of fat and been able to build muscle easily with a good meal plan. Very happy but wondering if I should go back to check my glucose tolerance again and if I can or should increase."

YoUo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I’ve been taking it a couple of years. The first month or so was horrible with side effects all over my body. That all went away pretty quickly. Before taking metformin, I struggled daily with functioning due to low blood sugar. Now I have almost no problems functioning."

amber123456 January 17, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "This medicine does not do anything for me"

HAMBONE45 December 18, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes 1.5 months ago. My A1C was 15.8, Urine Glucose over 500 (test max) and my first home blood glucose test was 577. My doctor had me start with one metformin 500mg ER tablet a day for the first week, then two a day since then. I also was prescribed a 5mg tablet of glipizide a day. My Blood Glucose has been in the 85-150 range the past month. I have modified my diet some. I did experience some diarrhea, though am over it now."

Clay_Stewart (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "This was the first drug they tried for me when I was diagnosed with diabetes. I was unlucky to get one of the rare side effects. It made me super drowsy to where I couldn't get out of bed. When I did get up for maybe eating or bathroom, I felt like a zombie. Working was impossible. I went off the med, felt better, and tried it a second time with the same effect. I gave this a two because I know this drug can work for some people. It works well for my husband with minimal side effects. Just not for me."

Sha00 (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2017

For Insulin Resistance Syndrome: "I've been taking Glucophage 750mg slow release for almost 2 months to regulate my insulin resistancy and 15 kg weight gain after giving a birth. Since then I have lost 5 kg which is really great since I am trying to lose weight for 5 years. I don't feel food cravings. The problem is that I have serious heart palpitations - arrythmias like skipping every 2nd 5th 10th beat. Sometimes I feel dizziness from palpitations. I stopped the medicine for 3 days and symptoms were almost gone. Then I started again med and Palpitations are back. I don't know what to do since I really need to treat my insulin resistancy. I have in my family diabetes, stroke and heart disease and I am only 40 now."

Majeva December 7, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking metformin 500mg twice daily this June and had hell of symptoms like diarrhoea, stomach ache, dizziness, weakness etc. But the condition improved within a month of use. Never felt so energetic and cheerful. 6 months on and have increased to 1500mg per day. Request the users not to discontinue without feeling the positive effects."

Jags.chd (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Took metformin when I was first diagnosed back in 2011, it worked fine at first. Since 2012 I've noticed increased hair breakage and loss. Finally this year I stopped taking it. Like I said it was great in the beginning but in the end I'm dealing with bald patches and trying to get my hair to grow back."

Harlemlaw November 27, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Doctors should take this medicine before prescribing it. Took 2000mg for 2 two weeks with no help with my diabetes numbers. It made me depressed after 6 days, I have never felt like this ever in my life. I burned all my digestive system, hurt my stomach , my esophagus and colon, felt nauseous. Could only go to restroom once a day, I used to go at least 3 times a day. From day 3 and on, I had a nagging headache, not too painful but annoying. About the third day, my mouth started tasting like sewer, nasty taste."

Martrob111 November 21, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Terrible medication in my experience. It helped very little with a1c and blood sugar control. I did not have any day to day side effects from this medication however I continuously suffered from high lactic acid levels which created severe pains all over my body which was just too much to take. I have switched to another oral medication and seeing the results that I have been searching for. As far as this medication- never again. I started it for Polycystic ovarian syndrome; later used for type 2 diabetes ."

Jessmarie7130 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 18, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking metforman for several months and it has helped immensely. The only problems I have are with the smell and taste. Both are awful!"

Northern NY (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 29, 2017