User Reviews for Metformin

Diabetes, Type 3c 1 reviews 1 medications
Summary of Metformin reviews 7.1 522 reviews

Reviews for Metformin

Dani1995 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

For Insulin Resistance Syndrome: “Hello I'd like to share my experience. I have a mental illness and the meds I'm on caused me to gain a little extra weight. There was no way I wanted to change my mental health meds as I didn't want to fall back into hospital again. Anyway cut the story short I was prescribed metformin months ago. I was 98.2kg I am now 93.5kg I am happy I am losing the weight I have cut down on all the junk foods and added more fruit and salads to my diet. It also has helped me with waking up during the night and wanting to eat. I hope to lose more but time will tell.”

KD · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 3, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been taking Metformin ER for 10 years. It was working fine. Recently supplier was switched from Teva to Amneal. I found Amneal to cause high blood sugar and I discontinued. Switched to another supplier and BS is normal. I found out today Amneal is recalling Metformin ER 7 lots. I was taking a recalled lot. Recall is for higher level of carcinogenic contamination in these lots. Please report any adverse effects”

Aonghus · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 27, 2020

For Insulin Resistance Syndrome: “I have low testosterone, high blood pressure , and over-weight {291lbs}) for the past 20 years. I started Metformin in mid-January and worked my way up to a dose of 2000mg per day. As of today (May 27, 2020), I have lost a total of 53 pounds and it has reduced my appetite by more than half. My blood pressure is starting to drop to the point of needing to have my meds adjusted. I am mountain biking again. I am feeling great. I have some of the side effects, but they are minimal. All my issues seem to have a connection to insulin resistance. I suggest doing your own research and talking to your doctor. Based on my research online, It seems this amount of weight loss is highly unusual.”

Fourth time trying · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2020

For Female Infertility: “I have had a miscarriage 12 years ago then twins. Now another miscarriage and PCOS diagnosis. Trying again now with metformin; I have been on it for three weeks and have experienced hot flashes, emotional changes and a slight decrease of acne. I am hoping that my hormones will balance out soon. I have not gotten my period yet; but had it straight for 7 weeks before starting medication. ”

AverageGuy50yrsold · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “So far Metformin has been a wonder drug for me. I'm dropping weight, not hungry at all, and my energy levels are up. I'm taking one with each meal. I'm losing 5+ lbs a week and it's all from my stomach fat. I've had one bout of diarrhea but that was in the first 3 days of use and when I took 2 in the AM versus 1 with each meal. I do think I need to drink more water with this prescription as it seems to slow bowel movements down. No other issues. I'm taking a blood pressure medication and B-12 supplements with it. And a multivitamin.”

Anonymous May 2, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been taking metformin for a month I've been ok with it so far”

Sam April 30, 2020

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “I started With 250mg only At day 5 I started 500mg Weird side effects Mild diarrhea Quite bearable But stomach pain on left side Bloating and flatulence And I quit within 10 days Now after a month I started again from 250 Same ,stomach pain has started on upper left abdomen I hope it's a minor side effect And it wont harm my stomach But I wonder why this left side pain occurs It's not cramp but a It's a discomfort that sometimes radiate to my left side chest and left arm and then disappears”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2020

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “when I was 28 I took Metforman within a month I got pregnant. I have PCOS. I couldn't figure out why all these years I couldn't get pregnant. so the Dr done blood work. And it was my insulin because I have pcos. And now I am 30. I just started back taking the Metforman again because I'm trying to have another baby And I'm taking prenatal vitimans. Good luck on trying to get pregnant. Sending baby dust y'all's way. And mine.”

Tiffany · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2020

For Female Infertility: “My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 18 months with no luck. I went on Metformin back in February 2020. Before that my last period was December 2019. Now that’s it’s April I only had my period early this month. I’m hoping I have a positive test next month. I go back to the doctors May 5th. After my doctors appointment I should be on Clomid. I’ve heard great things about clomid. I’m just praying I can get pregnant by summer or sooner.”

Ayesha siddiqua · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2020

Glucophage XR (metformin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “The glucophage tablet is good and diabetes is normal”

Sree March 27, 2020

For Female Infertility: “I'm 32 years old and have PCOS. We'v been trying to conceive for past 4months and so the doc advised me to take metformin twice a day. I've taken it for 2 months and so far no good news. The only thing is that periods getting on correct time.”

Blue in Red March 15, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Metformin has that fishy smell and taste, which started in 2019, makes me nauseous. I am going to switch to the Amneal metformin product.”

Chrissy V · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2020

For Insulin Resistance Syndrome: “OK so I am prediabetic and on Day 4 of metformine. So far so good. My energy level's increased. Slight reduction in appetite. I hope this keeps up, I'd like to loose weight and found it a challenge with my insulin spiking throughout the day. I'd get hungry, craving starchy foods in the later part of my days which made it difficult to keep up with my diets. With metformin, I don't think of food as much. I am more mindful of my food intakes.”

Waseela · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “I am 27 and I have PCOS and endometriosis.I was told to lose 20kg before I could be operated to remove the endo. My doctor prescribed me Metformin 500mg for the first week and thereafter increase it to 1000mg a day. It's my 9th day of being on Metformin and I have lost 2.25kg in this time. My goal is to get to 55kg and I'm currently 71kg. I haven't really experienced the awful diarrhoea however I have been getting crazy heart palpitations. Also,when I increased the dosage I found that within the day I would experience some bad stomach cramps but that's about it. Hoping to achieve my weight loss.”

Elgin February 28, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Very disappointed with this metformin product. When I removed the safety seal there was an obvious defect- about a third of the tablets were stuck together and deformed. I don't know if they sealed moisture in the container or not but I don't trust the deformed ones to be safe.”

Grateful February 23, 2020

For Insulin Resistance Syndrome: “Found out I was insulin resistant after a 2 hour glucose test. My Dr prescribed Glucophage which I was very apprehensive of taking. I happen to suffer from severe anxiety and bouts of depression. After taking this drug, my life changed. No depression, no anxiety and no brain fog. I didn't experience any negative side effects. This has literally changed my life. No psychiatrist has ever been able to cure my anxiety. Happy to say I am cured. Anxiety and depression free for the first time in 15 years”

Val February 21, 2020

Glumetza (metformin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I changed from regular metformin as I could not tolerate higher dose and my A1C was up at 9.7 I have now been on glumetza for a few weeks and my readings at home have been much better with no side effects also lost 14lbs in weight I believe my A1C will be well below 7.0 in April”

25FIndia · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2020

For Female Infertility: “I am using this medicine metformin for two months, although this medicine has improved the egg quality. My testosterone are borderline high so glucophage is there too still hoping for baby dust..”

Anna · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 5, 2020

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “I have PCOS and been taking metformin 2 tabs of 850mg for 2 months now. I feel like it was working at first since I did get my period 6 days after taking my first pill. My doctor had me take 1 pill for the first week and then 2 pills the second week and so on. I missed my period and I am not pregnant ? Has this happened to anyone else? Did metformin only give you a period the first month?”

Maltesedani · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 5, 2020

“Hi all just want to share my experience.... I'm taking apo-metformin 500mg, I'm taking it due to being a little over weight. I take two tables twice a day one in the morning with food and one at night with food. I was origanally taking just one at night but my doctor changed it. My weight was 98.20kg and now I'm 95.4kg. But I've been taking the one tablets at night for couple months only 2 moths ago did I change yo two tables twice a day. It has stop my munchies as I'm on other meds that make me have a crazy appetite I have notice I'm not craving all sorts of foods and I rarely get up during the night to eat as before I was getting up nearly every night. I guess this medication is working as I haven't gone up in weight and I'm slowly seeing changes in my weight.”

Sammy202 · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “I have been prescribed Metformin XR 1000mg per day and increasing to 1500mg next week. It has reduced my appetite but every time I eat I get stomach cramps and need to run to the toilet. I have a sensitive bowel anyway so my body takes a while to adjust to medication, therefore I am prepared to endure the tummy upsets for a couple more weeks. I am normally always hungry and need to eat a fair amount of food, however when on Metformin I am rarely hungry and it doesn't take much to fill me up. With the combination of reduced appetite and frequent visits to the toilet, it's no wonder people lose weight. Short term pain for long term gain yeah?”

Sissy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I tried regular Metformin and the extended release and my stomach just cannot handle it. I had severe stomach cramping and uncontrollable diarrhea...meaning when it hit, there was no warning and no time to get to the bathroom. I tried with meals, with milk, without meals and nothing could allow me to tolerate it.”

Jc · Taken for 10 years or more January 24, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I'm this for T2 diabetes and PCOS. Yay me? -__- I've been on Metformin since I was about 10 years old. I'm 27 now, it always worked well for me. But I had been off it for a long time due to insurance and income issues. It never caused this explosive diarrhea back in the early 2000s! Thankfully that side effect has subsided. I learned from some Cysters' (pcos sisters) to take Metformin late at night, in the middle of a full meal and drink a full glass of water. Imodium also helps, but I hardly even have to take that now. So it lowers my A1C, aided in weight loss, gave me my cycle back and helped with the facial hair some. I take the 1000mg once a day. Fellow Cysters taking this for PCOS, I recommend you join a PCOS support group. It's blessed me greatly. :)”

Sid January 21, 2020

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “Guys don’t give up. I took Metformin 4 and half years ago for my PCSO as I was trying to conceive. I did one round of clomid and fell pregnant but had an ectopic pregnancy and had my right side tube removed. Then a year later we went for IVF round and that was unsuccessful. I gave my self some time to recover from the heart ache. My doctor recommended me to take Metformin to regulate my period. I started with 3 tables a day 1500mg, I experienced nausea for first 2/3 week I did lose few pounds but was never overweight (BMI 24). I started taking tablets in January and period starts to regulate after two months. Me and husband had appointment for second round of IVF in June 15 and I decide to do a pregnancy test in June 2015 as I was feeling very tried and to my surprise it came out positive. I took Metformin for 5 months to give me a miracle baby after one test tube baby. My baby was born on time and healthy. He is turning 4 years old next month.”

Likatu January 11, 2020

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “Like most of you, diagnosed with PCOS. Gained lots of weight that can't seem to be able to shed. Bad acne on around my chin and jawline. Also a few thick facial hair. I am also 28 and want to start a family. Been on birth control pills and honestly was going no where with it. Crazy heavy periods that last to a year or so. Been off BC and no period guess its better the long heavy ones. Seeing everyone reviews gives me hope to loose unwanted facial hair, acne & weight and also go get my cycle ready to conceive. 2nd day on metformin so crazy side effects yet just loose stool.”