User Reviews for Demerol to treat Pain (Page 3)

Demerol Rating Summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Demerol

ladylynn June 26, 2009

“I was given Demerol and Vistaril after a tubal ligation, my pain was under control while using these medicines. I only was given these medicines once, but as I remember they did what I was told they would, which was grant me pain relieve for the short term.”

Anonymous May 24, 2009

“I was given Demerol for pain after my c-section. Awesome. Instant relief and it made me super sleepy so I was able to get some good sleep, while in the hospital. I normally can't sleep in hospital. Great medicine.”

Anonymous May 20, 2009

“I was also told I was "Demerol specific" by a wonderful pain doctor. There is a small subset of folks who are Demerol specific. Usually Darvon works well on them too. I wish I were not Demerol specific. It is being pullled from all the ER's. Too many doctors even want the Demerol pills to be discontinued. Sad.”

Anonymous May 9, 2009

“I've never felt this good in years.”

frankmeister March 1, 2009

“Used this for spinal pain, three black discs lumbar with contact to spinal column sciatica, thoracic protrusions, two severe spinal sprains to mid back, and three cervical discs contact spinal column and neck problems. This medicine worked very well for the pain taken four times daily at 50mg, per dose. Had no side effects.”

jmk198verizon.net February 4, 2009

“Demerol is the only medicine that works for quick relief of pain. I suffer fron chronic pain syndrome. I take 30mg of methadone 4 times a day and then a fentanyl 50 mg patch every 48 hours to control the pain.”

SoFarAway January 21, 2009

“I was given this drug after my tubal ligation surgery. I had never taken it before or since then. It worked very well. I was able to function on it as well. It didn't knock me out or make me hazy like some pain medicines. Aside from some itching,I didn't have any side effects.”

Anonymous November 8, 2008

“I have had Demerol twice via injection during ER visits and it worked very well. The first time it took 2 x 100 mg shots to knock out the severe pain caused by the neurotoxin in an Atlantic box jelly fish sting - worst pain I've ever felt! The second time it was a 75mg shot that pretty much dulled a uterus spasm I was having - felt like someone was ripping my insides out. I was given a shot of Vistaril shortly after the Demerol and it greatly enhanced the Demerol's effectiveness. ”

krycekno October 2, 2008

“Had this in hospial for colonoscopies and after surgeries. Excellent for pain but doesn't seem to last long.”

Anonymous September 17, 2008

“I believe if used right this medicine is great for people who cannot take morphine.”

diamonds53 July 11, 2008

“I went to a Surgical Center as a patient for out patient Bladder Surgery. In the recovery room i was given 2 shots of Demerol in my IV to help the bladder pain. Much to my surprise I felt like a human being again because the demerol also relieved a migraine headache I had for about 10 days.”

robin56 May 6, 2008

“After a fall and suffering a slow decline into osteoarthritis of the right hip, I had been managing pain with Vicodin for the last two years before I went for total joint replacement. Maybe I had built up a tolerance because after surgery, my pain was mind-boggling until it vanished "just like that". I asked the nurse what she just gave me and she said she tried a little Demerol via I.V. Amazing stuff when morphine didn't do it for me!!”

bigmf April 20, 2008

“I have Crohn's disease and Demerol has been very effective in managing the pain associated with it.”