User Reviews for Midazolam

4.5

Summary of Midazolam reviews 5.2 59 reviews

Reviews for Midazolam

Mountain Gal · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2019

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "My husband has some mild short-term memory loss after taking Neurontin 2 1/2 years ago. Last summer, he has had several procedures needing light sedation in which Versed has been used. It has been effective for unawareness of the procedures themselves, but after each dose, his memory loss seems to be progressively worse. We will be talking with his PCP about this, and with any future procedures, he will request no sedation or a different medication."

ScaredMom · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2019

For Light Sedation: "My daughter had this drug twice and both times when she started waking up you could hear her out in the waiting room. She was screaming and wanted to know what they were doing to her and “why was she on this table and in this room.” She wasn’t combative, just very, very frightened and screaming and would not stop. I had to go back to the OR/ procedure room and get in her face and tell her over and over who I was and that it was ok and that I loved her, calming her, like a child even though she was just over 18 at the time. After about 5 minutes she seemed to snap out of it. But she probably screamed for ten minutes. The sad thing is she had it another time because the oral surgeon insisted it wasn’t the versed before that caused it. He was wrong. When I first heard her I told them immediately that I needed to go back, that I could get her to calm down. Never again. I give it 5 stars because my husband and I have had it numerous times without any problems."

Annie · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2019

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "I had a port surgically implanted in my shoulder in March 2016. They used Versed and Fentanyl. I never fell asleep and remembered everything, including each cut of my skin, the implanting, and felt every stitch pulling. Only the Lidocaine was effective to tolerate the procedure. On 09/26/2019 I had a 15-20 minute procedure to take a large amount of bone marrow from large bone that runs horizontally across the low back. Again they gave me Versed and Fentanyl. The Versed did nothing to sedate me or make me sleep. I was fully awake and aware of everything. Again Lidocaine was used at the incision site and I believe the Fentanyl helped me because although I felt most everything I was never in any excruciating pain. Since I was fully coherent, walking and talking, they let me go home right away. Twice now I was given Versed for sedation but it did not work and I have no memory loss. In 2005 it worked for a colonoscopy but not these last times."

tiny · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2019

For Light Sedation: "Had midazolam and fentanyl anesthesia for blepheroplasty. Did not stop pain at all. I felt everything. I kept commenting on how much it hurt. Vomited 3 times (bile) getting off table, going from wheelchair to car and when I got home. So dizzy I could not walk without holding on to the wall. The intense nausea let up after 8 hrs and the pain with it. Mild positional dizziness continued. 5 weeks later, out of blue, the anesthesia hit me again with full force. Nausea & dizziness - couldn't walk. Took meclazine, slept 11hrs and now it's gone. Hope that doesn't happen again!"

Angel · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

For Light Anesthesia: "Absolutely will never use midazolam this again for anesthesia. I have been strung out for a week. I love propofal. It leaves this system quickly without side effects."

Joe June 5, 2019

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "Was given this Versed prior to a minor 30 minute procedure. I “came back” in mid conversation, realizing my body and brain had been operating without me. Felt like a robot that had been following commands with no free will; Bizarre and unsettling experience. For hours after I got home I’d find myself somewhere in my house doing something and not know how I got there. I tried to finish a book and ended up reading the same chapter over and over again. I had noticeable memory loss for two days and then didn’t feel totally back to normal for about a week. It felt like I was slowly recovering from temporary brain damage. I had to go back for a follow up to re-hear the results days later for what I’m told was actually the 3rd time I’d been given them. The staff and doctor were also acting awkward around me and I had a vague feeling of dread and embarrassment. Not worth it."

Biggs · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2019

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "Had Versed for a colonoscopy. I vaguely recall saying "Ow! ... Ow!" as some parts of the procedure were very painful. The doc asked me later "So you don't remember a thing?" with a smile. I replied "I remember saying "Ow" a lot" and he brushed that off as me "dreaming". I have since learned that making you forget is a major part of why they use this, and yes colonoscopies can be painful. Despite the above I'd still recommend this, as I certainly did forget most of it, and being such an embarrassing procedure I'm glad of that! Didn't have any side effects that I'm aware of."

NeoBaby May 21, 2019

For Light Sedation: "For all those with bad experiences on midazolam look up the side effect of paradoxical reaction. I had this evil drug given for colonoscopy/gastro within seconds of it being given I was wide awake fully alert was being forcibly restrained and shouted out to “ top being so stupid” and “ just swallow you idiot” , I was trying to get off the table I was so terrified , years later I was told it was a paradoxical reaction . I always list this drug as being allergic and write on all consent forms “ I will not consent to midazolam in any circumstances “ despite this I still had smart (?) Drs who refuse to believe and try to give it last time I was given it without consent and was violently unwell for 3 days after as having this reaction I kept on reacting , they give this to you “ only so you have No Memory if the procedure it’s a nasty drug . Please everybody who’s had a bad time make sure it’s written on your consent forms that you are allergic and list as an allergy."

Sammy · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2019

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "I had Versed (midazolam) and Fentanyl used for as a sedative for my bunionectomy. Drugs worked great for me. However, about 10 days later I got out of bed with Vertigo. I was just diagnosed with BPPV [Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo] I only have vertigo when my head changes position such as lying down or bending my head way back. I am 52 year old female. 3 medical professionals say it is unrelated but I just read a website that states, BPPV is a side effect of benzodiazepines."

Biscuits April 4, 2019

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "I went in for cataract surgery today hoping I would be in a "stupor twilight", mode but I never got there. I struggled with the Dr as he told me to quit fighting him. I wriggled against the bright lights I had to follow. My system usually needs extra meds for the right effect. I was given 1 1/2 doses of liquid versed and it wasn't sedating enough. Thankfully the eye drops worked better for the numbing. If you can get a prescription of diazepam I would take one prior to surgery as they instructed me to do for my next surgery. It was only uncomfortable not painful. Procedure only took 5-10 min"

BPMonster February 16, 2019

For Light Sedation: "I had midazolam and fentanyl for an upper endoscopy. The RN came in and injected 2 mg. in my IV. There was no initial sensation. They wheeled my whole bed into a treatment room. My doctor was there. I started to feel like I had taken two large margaritas quickly. I thought, "I'm not going to let this medication make me unconscious." I commented on the silly yellow bandana my doctor had on his head. They asked me to move onto my left side, which I did. They put the mouth guard in my mouth that protects the scope should I bit down. It wasn't centered, and I reached up and centered it. I thought, "When is this stuff going to work. I bet I'll feel everything." Then, just like a magician pulls a rabbit suddenly out of a hat, without a blink or any other sensation, The mouth guard was out of my mouth. My doctor said, "It's all over." I said, "Unbelievable!". They wheeled me back to the treatment room. I got dressed and was driven home."

KSG5 · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2019

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "Had a paradoxical reaction. Had anxiety flashbacks for years after. "

ShinobiPT · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 21, 2018

For Light Sedation: "Midazolam is the only benzo that put me to sleep 8hrs straight and I would rate it with 10 but I rated it 8 because there is horrible side effect of sleep walking + hunger. I don't mind getting hungry and eat but the thing is that I go to the kitchen like a zombie, I cook and dropped glass/cups on the floor. Its crazy. One day I woke up with my foot all covered in blood and that happened because I dropped a plate on the kitchen and I stepped on it. I don't remember anything. Besides that I love midazolan. I could lock myself in the bedroom but I live alone in a small apartment."

Rose · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2018

For Light Sedation: "Was given this for a colonoscopy 4 years ago. It was worse than useless - the person doing the procedure thought I wouldn't remember anything and started to shove the device around using brutal force saying he had to "get round the bends" I was in absolute agony but was unable to speak!!! I will never ever have a colonoscopy again as it was a nightmare. 4 years later I have trouble remembering names. Do not take this drug."

RGJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "I had this, Versed 2 mg in IV, with my cataract surgery. After my right eye I began to lose my hair on the right side in extremes. After my left side was done the same happened on my left side. I then began to notice big blotches in the back of my head. With my hair matting when combed. This has been very traumatic to me. I'm warning everyone I know."

Crohns gal · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2018

For Light Sedation: "Had 4mg midazolam last week while having an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, I have had midazolam three times previously for colonoscopies. It completely relaxed me, and can’t properly remember the procedure so for that I give it 10/10 however I have been crying everyday for a week and have actually just started to feel myself again. I do recommend midazolam just wish they had something else to give you to conquer the crying."

Lola · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 15, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "I had this during my colonoscopy along with Fentanyl, and I woke up in the middle of it wide awake and feeling a lot of pain. They tried giving me more with no success. Did not work for me."

Justme July 7, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "I have been thru a lot of spine surgeries and complications with car accident. With permanent damage I get versed for spinal epidurals and trigger point injections every 4 weeks. Obviously I have a tolerance to this. But even from the beginning, I always fall asleep and relax easily. Once or twice I have I grogginess after and I believe was due to administered more because was soon after surgeries and tolerance was higher. Other than normal tiredness it helps wonderfully get me through the procedure. Don't remember anything and can function few hours later after a long nap. Every person is different and matter how much is administered as with any medication. I would say has high rating doing what it is intended for."

shay · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "Have used this for many short procedures 10/10"

Jess · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2018

For Light Anesthesia: "Versed is a perfectly safe med. And it is amazing at relieving anxiety. It will not put you out on its own and even when used with fentanyl will cause conscious sedation. Propofol is the drug that puts you to sleep. These 3 drugs are not interchangeable ....they just work together. I had a colonoscopy done this am. Had some versed and then some fentanyl. All my anxiety vanished and felt no pain....although I was technically awake. Vaguely recall looking at monitor to see the insides of my colon. Totally relaxing. Great feeling..."

Steve · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2018

For Light Sedation: "Recently had conscious sedation with oral midazolam for two Wisdom removal, I had a liquid about half an hour before procedure. I must admit that after reading some many negative reviews I was hesitant to take the midazolam, however I was pleasantly surprised, Being a very anxious person I was extremely nervous about getting my wisdom teeth removed, the midazolam worked a treat, it helped a great deal with relief from anxiety, and I was super chilled, nothing really bothered me, I had some interesting time distortions, time passed quicker, was in the dentist chair for about more 45-50 minutes, it felt like 15 minutes. I was a little wobbly on my feet, but could easily get myself about no problems. No negative after effects, great stuff."

N/A · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "Had this earlier in the week for minor surgery and was given this to help my anxiety before going into the OR. Worked great and quick. I felt super floaty and like I was getting a buzz going. Only had 2mg as I was given Propofol for anesthesia, but I calmed right down and was pretty chill and the amnesia took a few minutes to kick in for me, as last thing I remember was my surgeon asking how I was feeling as she helped me on the OR table. I was a little groggy afterwards but my procedure was only about 30 minutes so wore off me pretty quick, but I was definitely feeling a little less inhibited than usual, but in a funny way. It did make me super chatty once it was starting to wear off, though. But all-in-all a good experience for me."

Bionic · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "Told the anesthesiologist not to give me Versed because it made me nauseous. I had been meditating and was very relaxed on the operating table awaiting my hip replacement. Suddenly I became afraid, paranoid and the last I remembered was trying to get off the table. I had prolonged amnesia, nausea, hiccups for 24 hours, and I cried and was anxious for a week afterwards. My records show I was given Versed despite telling them not to."

moadej · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2018

For ICU Agitation: "Did absolutely nothing for my Psychotic agitation . Was given so much the doctor said "I've never had to give this much before" and I don't know if I have a really high tolerance to meds or if the drug really is just rubbish but I experienced no effect at all, getting injected just made me more paranoid."

Mona Gail · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "Had it for oral surgery IV. Since then I have had loss of hair. A fairly large amount. Just wondered if anyone else had this problem."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)