User Reviews for Midazolam

Light Anesthesia
4.5

Summary of Midazolam reviews 5.5 47 reviews

Reviews for Midazolam

For Light Sedation: "Was given this for a colonoscopy 4 years ago. It was worse than useless - the person doing the procedure thought I wouldn't remember anything and started to shove the device around using brutal force saying he had to "get round the bends" I was in absolute agony but was unable to speak!!! I will never ever have a colonoscopy again as it was a nightmare. 4 years later I have trouble remembering names. Do not take this drug."

Rose (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "I had this, Versed 2 mg in IV, with my cataract surgery. After my right eye I began to lose my hair on the right side in extremes. After my left side was done the same happened on my left side. I then began to notice big blotches in the back of my head. With my hair matting when combed. This has been very traumatic to me. I'm warning everyone I know."

RGJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

For Light Sedation: "Had 4mg midazolam last week while having an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, I have had midazolam three times previously for colonoscopies. It completely relaxed me, and can’t properly remember the procedure so for that I give it 10/10 however I have been crying everyday for a week and have actually just started to feel myself again. I do recommend midazolam just wish they had something else to give you to conquer the crying."

Crohns gal (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "I had this during my colonoscopy along with Fentanyl, and I woke up in the middle of it wide awake and feeling a lot of pain. They tried giving me more with no success. Did not work for me."

Lola (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "I have been thru a lot of spine surgeries and complications with car accident. With permanent damage I get versed for spinal epidurals and trigger point injections every 4 weeks. Obviously I have a tolerance to this. But even from the beginning, I always fall asleep and relax easily. Once or twice I have I grogginess after and I believe was due to administered more because was soon after surgeries and tolerance was higher. Other than normal tiredness it helps wonderfully get me through the procedure. Don't remember anything and can function few hours later after a long nap. Every person is different and matter how much is administered as with any medication. I would say has high rating doing what it is intended for."

Justme July 7, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "Have used this for many short procedures 10/10"

shay (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

For Light Anesthesia: "Versed is a perfectly safe med. And it is amazing at relieving anxiety. It will not put you out on its own and even when used with fentanyl will cause conscious sedation. Propofol is the drug that puts you to sleep. These 3 drugs are not interchangeable ....they just work together. I had a colonoscopy done this am. Had some versed and then some fentanyl. All my anxiety vanished and felt no pain....although I was technically awake. Vaguely recall looking at monitor to see the insides of my colon. Totally relaxing. Great feeling..."

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

For Light Sedation: "Recently had conscious sedation with oral midazolam for two Wisdom removal, I had a liquid about half an hour before procedure. I must admit that after reading some many negative reviews I was hesitant to take the midazolam, however I was pleasantly surprised, Being a very anxious person I was extremely nervous about getting my wisdom teeth removed, the midazolam worked a treat, it helped a great deal with relief from anxiety, and I was super chilled, nothing really bothered me, I had some interesting time distortions, time passed quicker, was in the dentist chair for about more 45-50 minutes, it felt like 15 minutes. I was a little wobbly on my feet, but could easily get myself about no problems. No negative after effects, great stuff."

Steve (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "Had this earlier in the week for minor surgery and was given this to help my anxiety before going into the OR. Worked great and quick. I felt super floaty and like I was getting a buzz going. Only had 2mg as I was given Propofol for anesthesia, but I calmed right down and was pretty chill and the amnesia took a few minutes to kick in for me, as last thing I remember was my surgeon asking how I was feeling as she helped me on the OR table. I was a little groggy afterwards but my procedure was only about 30 minutes so wore off me pretty quick, but I was definitely feeling a little less inhibited than usual, but in a funny way. It did make me super chatty once it was starting to wear off, though. But all-in-all a good experience for me."

N/A (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "Told the anesthesiologist not to give me Versed because it made me nauseous. I had been meditating and was very relaxed on the operating table awaiting my hip replacement. Suddenly I became afraid, paranoid and the last I remembered was trying to get off the table. I had prolonged amnesia, nausea, hiccups for 24 hours, and I cried and was anxious for a week afterwards. My records show I was given Versed despite telling them not to."

Bionic (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

For ICU Agitation: "Did absolutely nothing for my Psychotic agitation . Was given so much the doctor said "I've never had to give this much before" and I don't know if I have a really high tolerance to meds or if the drug really is just rubbish but I experienced no effect at all, getting injected just made me more paranoid."

moadej (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "Had it for oral surgery IV. Since then I have had loss of hair. A fairly large amount. Just wondered if anyone else had this problem."

Mona Gail (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2018

For Light Sedation: "I had a gastroscopy and a colonoscopy under midazolam and it went pretty well, I don't think I would have been able to complete the procedure without it. At first it just made me laugh at bad jokes the doctor made and then I decided to close my eyes and I just fell asleep. It wasn't like a forced sleep like when you take general anesthesia, it felt like a normal sleep at home. Turns out that was so out of it that I was apparently singing the background music the doctor had on the whole time. I woke up really relaxed. Note that I do not speak of the visual part the drug does because I had closed my eyes the whole time to make sure I wouldn't scare myself by seeing a third eye on my doctor which is something she said I might see."

Ant2003 January 4, 2018

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "I had Versed for a Colonoscopy ~14 years ago. I was not told in advance I would be "put out" and my memory be erased. After been hooked up to the IV, for pain management, the nurse said "you don't want to remember this anyway." I went out as the procedure started and woke up in recovery. I went home and shook for 4 hours. For the next 10 years or so my short-term memory was impaired. I attended a service school thereafter and had a lot of trouble remembering items for tests. I normally do very well . I have reoccurring nightmares of the procedure (PTSD?). This is terrible drug, it is immoral to erase one's memory without their full understanding in advance. I bear a lot of animosity towards the clinic. I will never allow its use again"

Brown Bear December 1, 2017

For Light Anesthesia: "I was given this for my first colonoscopy. Procedure was successful, relaxed during procedure. It was after the procedure that I became sick to my stomach and was not able to keep anything down for 5 days. Three months later at my annual physical when they went through my blood work with me, my physician asked me if I was drinking again(I am a recovering alcoholic), as my liver functions were askew! After back tracking, we suspected it was the VERSED. I’ve had three more procedures since and it’s in my file that I get severe GI problems from Versed. No more problems since."

Ralphed (taken for 10 years or more) October 20, 2017

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "I blindly accepted this poison for my first cardiac catheterization and first colonoscopy. It did NOTHING during the procedures. I remember everything and felt everything. What it did do was make permanent changes in my ability to remember things - especially names. Since then, I'm also frequently searching for common words. I list Versed as an allergy now so it'll never be used on me again."

JDS25 (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "Had Versed for cataract surgery. OK post surgery but woke up from nap afterward with uncontrollable emotions, terrifying. It's 3 1/2 months later and I'm still having occasional flooding of anxiety and depression. Also had memory problems for 2 months. horrific experience, I will never be given this drug again."

Sherimno March 23, 2017

For Light Sedation: "I first got this for a colonoscopy approx 6 months ago and the procedure had to be stopped as I was aware of everything and I kicked and screamed and was very upset. I tried again a few days ago same procedure was supposed to be heavily sedated was administer 5mg midazolam 50mcg Fentanyl 20mg of Hyoscine yet was still lucid and I stopped the procedure it was upsetting and traumatic. The drug does not work for me for the procedure Doctor said that he thinks I will never be able to have this procedure done under sedation. I will never have this again"

Carol-1960 March 12, 2017

For Light Sedation: "Honestly, great drug! I had this for wisdom teeth removal and it was smooth and nice. Don't listen to the other reviewers as I (someone with anxiety disorder) did they're all wrong and fake. Midazolam is a great drug, it won't make you go insane. Anyone from "versed busters" or "patient modesty" are just anti-medicine hippies. Midazolam won't cause any of the side effects the people writing negative reviews claim, they're lying through their teeth. Only bad effect I noticed was I had a dream my wisdom teeth were being removed in the shopping mall, which was probably the Ketamine they also gave me. Great drug, don't listen to the negative reviews, they're fake and wrong."

MrMedicine February 6, 2017

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "Worked almost immediately for spinal injection anxiety"

DFec January 28, 2017

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "I was given Versed during a surgery on 12-27-2066, starting on 12-28-20016 and through the next two days I have been having periods when my heart starts beating wildly for no reason and other periods that it seems to slow and flutter. I needed to return to Dr.'s office for an EKG, but nothing was happening during the time of the test, so he saw nothing. This should pass in time, but who wants to mess with this for days to weeks after surgery? Five days after surgery I still can't focus my eyes together properly, and my vision is still blurry, and I am l a little dizzy. Close up objects are perceived as double."

No Versed For ME! (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2017

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "I would like to lodge a complaint. I came in for surgery on 12-17-16. I told the anesthesiologist that I did not want memory blocking drugs. He told me I would be given Propofol which was fine with me I had that before with good results. When I woke up in the recovery room and was having issues blurred vision, double vision, sensation of spinning, and loss of balance; my husband stated this had not happened before with Propofol. I was told I was given Versed (a memory blocking drug). We were told the procedure went well, so I do not know why this side-effect inducing drug was administered. I was sent home while very unsteady on my feet with sensation of spinning, and loss of balance. I do not believe it was safe to discharge me in that condition. Indeed my husband called my son to help him get me into the house. Most of all I feel my trust was violated, and my wishes were not followed while I was in a vunerable position, and this greatly concerns me. Next time do I need to request that my husband stay with me through the complete procedure for my own protection from the staff?"

No Versed For ME! (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "i highly recomend the non-amnesic fentanyl instead.. see other review"

Miki_Ens (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2016

Versed (midazolam) for Light Anesthesia: "I recieved medazilam, commonly called versed for my first colonoscopies, note versed is a amnesia drug they use so you "forget" how bad they treat you, and that you were in pain rather than relieve the trauma. I suffered anxiety, long term amnesia, flashbacks and a PTSD-type reaction to the use of this drug. Not only did i loose the abity to lay down memory properly long term but the patches (it kinda feels like the connections are there of the bad experience you feel the trauma but you cant pin it on an exact block of memory) of the trauma remains i highly recomend the non-amnesic fentanyl instead for colonoscopies."

Miki_Ens (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2016

Versed (midazolam) for Light Sedation: "I had 3 surgeries within 3 months as a teen. This drug is what the pre-op physician gave me 1-2 minutes prior to wheeling me back into surgery. It is supposed to calm nerves but it had the opposite effect for me. I was very nervous about the surgery so I was given syringe of it in my hand 1-2 minutes prior to them wheeling me back. It caused instant anxiety and impending feelings of doom. I was hyperventilating/blubbering/crying/freaking out as they put me to sleep. My surgeon was in tears and was petting my head to calm me. I ask for no IV pre-sedatives now."

LisaKay91911204 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016