User Reviews for Versed

The following information is NOT intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners.

ICU Agitation

4.6

Summary of Versed reviews 4.8 50 reviews

Reviews for Versed

Driskey March 10, 2020

For Light Anesthesia "I've had this drug several times for dental procedures and I just recently learned that people are actually AWAKE while on this! I always thought it put me to sleep! At least I feel that way! I am so thankful for this drug!!! Each and every time I am given Versed, I don't remember a thing about my procedure. This last time, I don't even remember coming home. It was awesome!!!! This drug is truly a life saver for people terrified of procedures."

MC · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

For Light Sedation "My dad was given versed during a colonoscopy at the VA and he never recovered his memory. He was absolutely independent prior to the versed. He was robbed of the rest of his life because of this drug."

San · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2020

For Light Anesthesia "I had versed 2 weeks ago for endoscope and was totally awake with the endoscope Never happened before very disappointed"

Allyo December 27, 2019

For Light Anesthesia "They gave me this before my gallbladder surgery, popped it in the IV, within a few minutes they were wheeling me in the OR and I remember NOTHING after that. Great drug!"

Friend · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 12, 2019

For Light Sedation "Although I have too enjoyed Versed, I'm writing this as a witness to what my friend went through. My buddy dislocated his arm for the second time. After learning about Versed and memory loss he asked to be knocked out. The Doctor refused and rather insisted on Versed with plenty of Demerol. The drugs were given and my friend laid comfortably until it was time. The Doc and helper started trying to put his arm in. That's when the screaming began! While under the drugs my friend was communicating (yelling/crying) with the doctor, begging him to put him out. He even told the doctor, "I'll remember this". It was a lengthy painful struggle but the arm finally popped in. My friend then quickly fell asleep. Once he came to, he didn't remember a thing! Witnessing that, I've have disturbed feelings about the drug."

Jjones · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2019

For Light Sedation "I had Versed for 2 steroid epidural injections today and the Versed maybe lasted 2 minutes, if at all. I remember the nurse saying my lower back will be very cold and I remember the 2 injections because they felt like big bee stings. I questioned not receiving the Versed and was assured I did. My hands were over my head on the table and the IV was in my hand, so I didn’t actually see anyone putting anything in it. Next time I’ll skip the Versed and then I won’t need someone to drive me home."

Patient Joe Smith · Taken for less than 1 month November 6, 2019

For Light Anesthesia "My first experience with Versed wasn't a good one. The doc didn't give me enough and it wore off before the procedure was done. I just about came off the table when I realized what was going on. Last experience - a good one. I whined to the periodontist that the Halcion I took wasn't enough. He finally decided to add Versed, and I only remember about 5 seconds after he uttered the word "Versed." The rest of my memory for the day is gone. I'm told it shut me up too. lol."

CT · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2019

For Light Sedation "I'm extremely claustrophobic and needed to have an MRI done on my neck. Could not do an open MRI because I have a heart monitor implant. so I had to do one of those MRIs that looks like a donut hole opening to a tunnel. Was given Versed IV (conscious sedation) to calm me. The MRI was 35 minutes long but it actually only felt like 10 minutes. The nurse who administered the IV was there the whole time monitoring my vital signs. The Versed worked. No side effects, other than being sleepy for a couple of hours when I got home, which they told me to expect that. I never would have made it through that MRI without Versed sedation."

Mountain Gal · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2019

For Light Sedation "My husband has some mild short-term memory loss after taking Neurontin 2 1/2 years ago. Last summer, he has had several procedures needing light sedation in which Versed has been used. It has been effective for unawareness of the procedures themselves, but after each dose, his memory loss seems to be progressively worse. We will be talking with his PCP about this, and with any future procedures, he will request no sedation or a different medication."

Annie · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2019

For Light Sedation "I had a port surgically implanted in my shoulder in March 2016. They used Versed and Fentanyl. I never fell asleep and remembered everything, including each cut of my skin, the implanting, and felt every stitch pulling. Only the Lidocaine was effective to tolerate the procedure. On 09/26/2019 I had a 15-20 minute procedure to take a large amount of bone marrow from large bone that runs horizontally across the low back. Again they gave me Versed and Fentanyl. The Versed did nothing to sedate me or make me sleep. I was fully awake and aware of everything. Again Lidocaine was used at the incision site and I believe the Fentanyl helped me because although I felt most everything I was never in any excruciating pain. Since I was fully coherent, walking and talking, they let me go home right away. Twice now I was given Versed for sedation but it did not work and I have no memory loss. In 2005 it worked for a colonoscopy but not these last times."

Joe June 5, 2019

For Light Anesthesia "Was given this Versed prior to a minor 30 minute procedure. I “came back” in mid conversation, realizing my body and brain had been operating without me. Felt like a robot that had been following commands with no free will; Bizarre and unsettling experience. For hours after I got home I’d find myself somewhere in my house doing something and not know how I got there. I tried to finish a book and ended up reading the same chapter over and over again. I had noticeable memory loss for two days and then didn’t feel totally back to normal for about a week. It felt like I was slowly recovering from temporary brain damage. I had to go back for a follow up to re-hear the results days later for what I’m told was actually the 3rd time I’d been given them. The staff and doctor were also acting awkward around me and I had a vague feeling of dread and embarrassment. Not worth it."

Biggs · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2019

For Light Sedation "Had Versed for a colonoscopy. I vaguely recall saying "Ow! ... Ow!" as some parts of the procedure were very painful. The doc asked me later "So you don't remember a thing?" with a smile. I replied "I remember saying "Ow" a lot" and he brushed that off as me "dreaming". I have since learned that making you forget is a major part of why they use this, and yes colonoscopies can be painful. Despite the above I'd still recommend this, as I certainly did forget most of it, and being such an embarrassing procedure I'm glad of that! Didn't have any side effects that I'm aware of."

Sammy · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2019

For Light Anesthesia "I had Versed (midazolam) and Fentanyl used for as a sedative for my bunionectomy. Drugs worked great for me. However, about 10 days later I got out of bed with Vertigo. I was just diagnosed with BPPV [Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo] I only have vertigo when my head changes position such as lying down or bending my head way back. I am 52 year old female. 3 medical professionals say it is unrelated but I just read a website that states, BPPV is a side effect of benzodiazepines."

Biscuits April 4, 2019

For Light Anesthesia "I went in for cataract surgery today hoping I would be in a "stupor twilight", mode but I never got there. I struggled with the Dr as he told me to quit fighting him. I wriggled against the bright lights I had to follow. My system usually needs extra meds for the right effect. I was given 1 1/2 doses of liquid versed and it wasn't sedating enough. Thankfully the eye drops worked better for the numbing. If you can get a prescription of diazepam I would take one prior to surgery as they instructed me to do for my next surgery. It was only uncomfortable not painful. Procedure only took 5-10 min"

KSG5 · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2019

For Light Sedation "Had a paradoxical reaction. Had anxiety flashbacks for years after. "

RGJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2018

For Light Anesthesia "I had this, Versed 2 mg in IV, with my cataract surgery. After my right eye I began to lose my hair on the right side in extremes. After my left side was done the same happened on my left side. I then began to notice big blotches in the back of my head. With my hair matting when combed. This has been very traumatic to me. I'm warning everyone I know."

Lola · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 15, 2018

For Light Sedation "I had this during my colonoscopy along with Fentanyl, and I woke up in the middle of it wide awake and feeling a lot of pain. They tried giving me more with no success. Did not work for me."

Justme July 7, 2018

For Light Sedation "I have been thru a lot of spine surgeries and complications with car accident. With permanent damage I get versed for spinal epidurals and trigger point injections every 4 weeks. Obviously I have a tolerance to this. But even from the beginning, I always fall asleep and relax easily. Once or twice I have I grogginess after and I believe was due to administered more because was soon after surgeries and tolerance was higher. Other than normal tiredness it helps wonderfully get me through the procedure. Don't remember anything and can function few hours later after a long nap. Every person is different and matter how much is administered as with any medication. I would say has high rating doing what it is intended for."

shay · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2018

For Light Anesthesia "Have used this for many short procedures 10/10"

N/A · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2018

For Light Anesthesia "Had this earlier in the week for minor surgery and was given this to help my anxiety before going into the OR. Worked great and quick. I felt super floaty and like I was getting a buzz going. Only had 2mg as I was given Propofol for anesthesia, but I calmed right down and was pretty chill and the amnesia took a few minutes to kick in for me, as last thing I remember was my surgeon asking how I was feeling as she helped me on the OR table. I was a little groggy afterwards but my procedure was only about 30 minutes so wore off me pretty quick, but I was definitely feeling a little less inhibited than usual, but in a funny way. It did make me super chatty once it was starting to wear off, though. But all-in-all a good experience for me."

Bionic · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2018

For Light Anesthesia "Told the anesthesiologist not to give me Versed because it made me nauseous. I had been meditating and was very relaxed on the operating table awaiting my hip replacement. Suddenly I became afraid, paranoid and the last I remembered was trying to get off the table. I had prolonged amnesia, nausea, hiccups for 24 hours, and I cried and was anxious for a week afterwards. My records show I was given Versed despite telling them not to."

Mona Gail · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2018

For Light Sedation "Had it for oral surgery IV. Since then I have had loss of hair. A fairly large amount. Just wondered if anyone else had this problem."

Brown Bear December 1, 2017

For Light Anesthesia "I had Versed for a Colonoscopy ~14 years ago. I was not told in advance I would be "put out" and my memory be erased. After been hooked up to the IV, for pain management, the nurse said "you don't want to remember this anyway." I went out as the procedure started and woke up in recovery. I went home and shook for 4 hours. For the next 10 years or so my short-term memory was impaired. I attended a service school thereafter and had a lot of trouble remembering items for tests. I normally do very well . I have reoccurring nightmares of the procedure (PTSD?). This is terrible drug, it is immoral to erase one's memory without their full understanding in advance. I bear a lot of animosity towards the clinic. I will never allow its use again"

JDS25 · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2017

For Light Anesthesia "I blindly accepted this poison for my first cardiac catheterization and first colonoscopy. It did NOTHING during the procedures. I remember everything and felt everything. What it did do was make permanent changes in my ability to remember things - especially names. Since then, I'm also frequently searching for common words. I list Versed as an allergy now so it'll never be used on me again."

Sherimno March 23, 2017

For Light Anesthesia "Had Versed for cataract surgery. OK post surgery but woke up from nap afterward with uncontrollable emotions, terrifying. It's 3 1/2 months later and I'm still having occasional flooding of anxiety and depression. Also had memory problems for 2 months. horrific experience, I will never be given this drug again."