User Reviews for Versed

Light Anesthesia
4.2

Summary of Versed reviews 5.2 35 reviews

Reviews for Versed

For Light Anesthesia "I had this, Versed 2 mg in IV, with my cataract surgery. After my right eye I began to lose my hair on the right side in extremes. After my left side was done the same happened on my left side. I then began to notice big blotches in the back of my head. With my hair matting when combed. This has been very traumatic to me. I'm warning everyone I know."

RGJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

For Light Sedation "I had this during my colonoscopy along with Fentanyl, and I woke up in the middle of it wide awake and feeling a lot of pain. They tried giving me more with no success. Did not work for me."

Lola (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2018

For Light Sedation "I have been thru a lot of spine surgeries and complications with car accident. With permanent damage I get versed for spinal epidurals and trigger point injections every 4 weeks. Obviously I have a tolerance to this. But even from the beginning, I always fall asleep and relax easily. Once or twice I have I grogginess after and I believe was due to administered more because was soon after surgeries and tolerance was higher. Other than normal tiredness it helps wonderfully get me through the procedure. Don't remember anything and can function few hours later after a long nap. Every person is different and matter how much is administered as with any medication. I would say has high rating doing what it is intended for."

Justme July 7, 2018

For Light Anesthesia "Have used this for many short procedures 10/10"

shay (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

For Light Anesthesia "Had this earlier in the week for minor surgery and was given this to help my anxiety before going into the OR. Worked great and quick. I felt super floaty and like I was getting a buzz going. Only had 2mg as I was given Propofol for anesthesia, but I calmed right down and was pretty chill and the amnesia took a few minutes to kick in for me, as last thing I remember was my surgeon asking how I was feeling as she helped me on the OR table. I was a little groggy afterwards but my procedure was only about 30 minutes so wore off me pretty quick, but I was definitely feeling a little less inhibited than usual, but in a funny way. It did make me super chatty once it was starting to wear off, though. But all-in-all a good experience for me."

N/A (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

For Light Anesthesia "Told the anesthesiologist not to give me Versed because it made me nauseous. I had been meditating and was very relaxed on the operating table awaiting my hip replacement. Suddenly I became afraid, paranoid and the last I remembered was trying to get off the table. I had prolonged amnesia, nausea, hiccups for 24 hours, and I cried and was anxious for a week afterwards. My records show I was given Versed despite telling them not to."

Bionic (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

For Light Sedation "Had it for oral surgery IV. Since then I have had loss of hair. A fairly large amount. Just wondered if anyone else had this problem."

Mona Gail (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2018

For Light Anesthesia "I had Versed for a Colonoscopy ~14 years ago. I was not told in advance I would be "put out" and my memory be erased. After been hooked up to the IV, for pain management, the nurse said "you don't want to remember this anyway." I went out as the procedure started and woke up in recovery. I went home and shook for 4 hours. For the next 10 years or so my short-term memory was impaired. I attended a service school thereafter and had a lot of trouble remembering items for tests. I normally do very well . I have reoccurring nightmares of the procedure (PTSD?). This is terrible drug, it is immoral to erase one's memory without their full understanding in advance. I bear a lot of animosity towards the clinic. I will never allow its use again"

Brown Bear December 1, 2017

For Light Anesthesia "I blindly accepted this poison for my first cardiac catheterization and first colonoscopy. It did NOTHING during the procedures. I remember everything and felt everything. What it did do was make permanent changes in my ability to remember things - especially names. Since then, I'm also frequently searching for common words. I list Versed as an allergy now so it'll never be used on me again."

JDS25 (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

For Light Anesthesia "Had Versed for cataract surgery. OK post surgery but woke up from nap afterward with uncontrollable emotions, terrifying. It's 3 1/2 months later and I'm still having occasional flooding of anxiety and depression. Also had memory problems for 2 months. horrific experience, I will never be given this drug again."

Sherimno March 23, 2017

For Light Sedation "Worked almost immediately for spinal injection anxiety"

DFec January 28, 2017

For Light Sedation "I was given Versed during a surgery on 12-27-2066, starting on 12-28-20016 and through the next two days I have been having periods when my heart starts beating wildly for no reason and other periods that it seems to slow and flutter. I needed to return to Dr.'s office for an EKG, but nothing was happening during the time of the test, so he saw nothing. This should pass in time, but who wants to mess with this for days to weeks after surgery? Five days after surgery I still can't focus my eyes together properly, and my vision is still blurry, and I am l a little dizzy. Close up objects are perceived as double."

No Versed For ME! (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2017

For Light Anesthesia "I would like to lodge a complaint. I came in for surgery on 12-17-16. I told the anesthesiologist that I did not want memory blocking drugs. He told me I would be given Propofol which was fine with me I had that before with good results. When I woke up in the recovery room and was having issues blurred vision, double vision, sensation of spinning, and loss of balance; my husband stated this had not happened before with Propofol. I was told I was given Versed (a memory blocking drug). We were told the procedure went well, so I do not know why this side-effect inducing drug was administered. I was sent home while very unsteady on my feet with sensation of spinning, and loss of balance. I do not believe it was safe to discharge me in that condition. Indeed my husband called my son to help him get me into the house. Most of all I feel my trust was violated, and my wishes were not followed while I was in a vunerable position, and this greatly concerns me. Next time do I need to request that my husband stay with me through the complete procedure for my own protection from the staff?"

No Versed For ME! (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

For Light Sedation "i highly recomend the non-amnesic fentanyl instead.. see other review"

Miki_Ens (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2016

For Light Anesthesia "I recieved medazilam, commonly called versed for my first colonoscopies, note versed is a amnesia drug they use so you "forget" how bad they treat you, and that you were in pain rather than relieve the trauma. I suffered anxiety, long term amnesia, flashbacks and a PTSD-type reaction to the use of this drug. Not only did i loose the abity to lay down memory properly long term but the patches (it kinda feels like the connections are there of the bad experience you feel the trauma but you cant pin it on an exact block of memory) of the trauma remains i highly recomend the non-amnesic fentanyl instead for colonoscopies."

Miki_Ens (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2016

For Light Sedation "I had 3 surgeries within 3 months as a teen. This drug is what the pre-op physician gave me 1-2 minutes prior to wheeling me back into surgery. It is supposed to calm nerves but it had the opposite effect for me. I was very nervous about the surgery so I was given syringe of it in my hand 1-2 minutes prior to them wheeling me back. It caused instant anxiety and impending feelings of doom. I was hyperventilating/blubbering/crying/freaking out as they put me to sleep. My surgeon was in tears and was petting my head to calm me. I ask for no IV pre-sedatives now."

LisaKay91911204 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

For Light Sedation "Went in to get a celiac plexus block. Was given three doses of versed. Kept telling the docs that I was fully awake, aware, and very anxious because what they were doing hurt considerably. I have been put under for multiple procedures, and know the point when you are starting to go "out." This never occurred. They just kept repeating that I was fine and I would "forget everything." To which I kept reiterating that I would not and the versed wasn't working. They might as well have given me water in my IV. I ended up jumping off of the table, and had to leave. My main doctor's office that referred me to have the procedure kept telling me that there's no way I would remember anything. Wish that was the case. Would not recommend."

19937839929919 August 9, 2016

For Light Sedation "Following major jaw surgery, wires and screws were to be removed from my upper jaw, extending all the way to my eye sockets. I arrived at the center, was asked to sit in a dental chair, and had both arms strapped down. I wondered about that. Then, versed was administered. Off to neverland? Never. When I awoke, thinking it was all over, the doctor was quite upset with me. I had unknowingly become agitated and combative and he was unable to begin. Versed didn't work for me. I was very embarrassed to hear how the drug caused me to behave."

L. Camino (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

For Light Sedation "I have UC and get a colonoscopy every year...the ONLY good thing about this whole procedure is getting 1 to 2mg of versed in the prep area and just before they give me propofol. I think it's one of the greatest drugs out there, so much euphoria, everything is awesome, calmness, all the anxiety, and any stress you have is gone!!! Wonderful drug, just wish it would last slightly longer. regardless high recommend if your going to get a out patient surgery or in my case a colonoscopy"

Alan135 April 1, 2016

For Light Anesthesia "I was given Versed pre-surgery for a D & C and within minutes I was vomiting violently. The surgery had to be cancelled due to my extreme reaction. I was dry heaving for 4 hours and was sick for days. I had terrible vertigo and very loud ringing in my ears. That was 5 months ago and I'm still being treated for vertigo and tinnitus. I was told by my ENT that the drug probably caused a disconnect between my ears and my brain. I am going to therapy and it is helping some. I could not drive for 3 months and am driving again. I'm always slightly dizzy and the loud high pitched sound in my head may be permanent. I was never told about the negative effects before taking this drug."

walluval February 3, 2016

For Light Anesthesia "This drug was given to me as I'm allergic to eggs and the other anesthesia was egg-based. I asked what was in this drug and was told, "I don't know." Waking up to bits and pieces of reality, trying to grab on to them, but not being successful repeatedly. Going home was double vision when I got there I immediately threw up. I didn't want to move. My husband got a chair on wheels to wheel me directly to the bathroom and brought me bedding and a pillow and lay on the bathroom floor. I slept all day and all night. That is one drug I will NEVER take again."

Anonymous January 22, 2016

For Light Sedation "I had two bowel resections and versed had no after affects after about 5 hours and was very useful for relaxation."

Kopen2kope (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2015

For Light Anesthesia "I was given this medication IV before a radiofrequency nerve ablation. I had absolutely no response and had to tolerate the procedure with no assistance. It was extremely painful and nerve-wracking. They gave me the medication and started the procedure without ever checking to see if I was comfortable."

suesiegel (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

"Midazolam (a/k/a Versed) has NO pain relieving properties. It's given--generally without patient consent--because it reduces anxiety, makes patients compliant/obedient to orders, & causes memory loss (same effects as Rohypnol, date rape drug--they are both benzodiazepines). Great if that's what you want & your doc has discussed this with you beforehand. However, there are many people who have been given Versed without their consent & who have been very upset about the memory loss (see VersedBusters, nomidazolam, etc.--an internet search for side effects of Versed or midazolam will yield a lot of hits). For both surgeries I had no anxiety yet was given Versed without my consent. I question why an amnesiac drug is administered when a"

Barb M. (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2015

For Light Anesthesia "I had dental implants. I was a nervous wreck going to the dentists office. I was in the dentists chair for 5 minutes and after that I don't remember a thing. The next thing I remember was my daughter getting my prescriptions filled at the pharmacy. I am thrilled to say this anesthetic was great ! I wish everyone of my surgical procedures was this easy. No after effects."

Tootsie111 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2015