User Reviews for Versed

Learn more about Versed.

Versed Rating Summary

4.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Light Anesthesia.

Reviews for Versed to treat Light Anesthesia

"I blindly accepted this poison for my first cardiac catheterization and first colonoscopy. It did NOTHING during the procedures. I remember everything and felt everything. What it did do was make permanent changes in my ability to remember things - especially names. Since then, I'm also frequently searching for common words. I list Versed as an allergy now so it'll never be used on me again."

JDS25 (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had Versed for cataract surgery. OK post surgery but woke up from nap afterward with uncontrollable emotions, terrifying. It's 3 1/2 months later and I'm still having occasional flooding of anxiety and depression. Also had memory problems for 2 months. horrific experience, I will never be given this drug again."

Sherimno March 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I would like to lodge a complaint. I came in for surgery on 12-17-16. I told the anesthesiologist that I did not want memory blocking drugs. He told me I would be given Propofol which was fine with me I had that before with good results. When I woke up in the recovery room and was having issues blurred vision, double vision, sensation of spinning, and loss of balance; my husband stated this had not happened before with Propofol. I was told I was given Versed (a memory blocking drug). We were told the procedure went well, so I do not know why this side-effect inducing drug was administered. I was sent home while very unsteady on my feet with sensation of spinning, and loss of balance. I do not believe it was safe to discharge me in that condition. Indeed my husband called my son to help him get me into the house. Most of all I feel my trust was violated, and my wishes were not followed while I was in a vunerable position, and this greatly concerns me. Next time do I need to request that my husband stay with me through the complete procedure for my own protection from the staff?"

No Versed For ME! (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I recieved medazilam, commonly called versed for my first colonoscopies, note versed is a amnesia drug they use so you "forget" how bad they treat you, and that you were in pain rather than relieve the trauma. I suffered anxiety, long term amnesia, flashbacks and a PTSD-type reaction to the use of this drug. Not only did i loose the abity to lay down memory properly long term but the patches (it kinda feels like the connections are there of the bad experience you feel the trauma but you cant pin it on an exact block of memory) of the trauma remains i highly recomend the non-amnesic fentanyl instead for colonoscopies."

Miki_Ens (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was given Versed pre-surgery for a D & C and within minutes I was vomiting violently. The surgery had to be cancelled due to my extreme reaction. I was dry heaving for 4 hours and was sick for days. I had terrible vertigo and very loud ringing in my ears. That was 5 months ago and I'm still being treated for vertigo and tinnitus. I was told by my ENT that the drug probably caused a disconnect between my ears and my brain. I am going to therapy and it is helping some. I could not drive for 3 months and am driving again. I'm always slightly dizzy and the loud high pitched sound in my head may be permanent. I was never told about the negative effects before taking this drug."

walluval February 3, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This drug was given to me as I'm allergic to eggs and the other anesthesia was egg-based. I asked what was in this drug and was told, "I don't know." Waking up to bits and pieces of reality, trying to grab on to them, but not being successful repeatedly. Going home was double vision when I got there I immediately threw up. I didn't want to move. My husband got a chair on wheels to wheel me directly to the bathroom and brought me bedding and a pillow and lay on the bathroom floor. I slept all day and all night. That is one drug I will NEVER take again."

Anonymous January 22, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was given this medication IV before a radiofrequency nerve ablation. I had absolutely no response and had to tolerate the procedure with no assistance. It was extremely painful and nerve-wracking. They gave me the medication and started the procedure without ever checking to see if I was comfortable."

suesiegel (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had dental implants. I was a nervous wreck going to the dentists office. I was in the dentists chair for 5 minutes and after that I don't remember a thing. The next thing I remember was my daughter getting my prescriptions filled at the pharmacy. I am thrilled to say this anesthetic was great ! I wish everyone of my surgical procedures was this easy. No after effects."

Tootsie111 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2015

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had to have oral surgery as the first stage of dental implants. I had four molars extracted, a sinus lift and bone grafting. I asked to be put out. I was crying from fear before the surgery, worried about getting sick from the anesthesia. They gave me some versed in my iv and everything was okay. I loved it, maybe too much. No anesthesia sickness and NO fear. I highly recommend it."

Anxmommy (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2015

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I tried to tell the anesthesiologist that I have sleep spends, use oxygen @ nite, have 3 included. Major veins and am very sensitive to drugs. He wouldn't listen. Put me immediately out and my oxygen blood level went down to 51. Had I stayed at that level for 5 minutes I would have died. The hospital changed the grrecords. I was conguiding. gasping for air. eye Dr said I Jerked side to side violently. Lucky it was at a time in procedure that it didn't matter. Anes searched the sheets/ blankets for the meter and told eye Dr it had come off my finger."

yenta mia November 1, 2013

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Have had administered for several medical and dental procedures. Wonderful; very effective; no side effects."

Mikebuzz (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2013

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Great medication as a precursor to surgery.. Takes the edge off, and puts the patient in a great place."

Anonymous August 7, 2009