User Reviews for Versed

Learn more about Versed.

Versed Rating Summary

5.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Light Anesthesia.

Reviews for Versed to treat Light Anesthesia

"I was given Versed pre-surgery for a D & C and within minutes I was vomiting violently. The surgery had to be cancelled due to my extreme reaction. I was dry heaving for 4 hours and was sick for days. I had terrible vertigo and very loud ringing in my ears. That was 5 months ago and I'm still being treated for vertigo and tinnitus. I was told by my ENT that the drug probably caused a disconnect between my ears and my brain. I am going to therapy and it is helping some. I could not drive for 3 months and am driving again. I'm always slightly dizzy and the loud high pitched sound in my head may be permanent. I was never told about the negative effects before taking this drug."

walluval February 3, 2016

"This drug was given to me as I'm allergic to eggs and the other anesthesia was egg-based. I asked what was in this drug and was told, "I don't know." Waking up to bits and pieces of reality, trying to grab on to them, but not being successful repeatedly. Going home was double vision when I got there I immediately threw up. I didn't want to move. My husband got a chair on wheels to wheel me directly to the bathroom and brought me bedding and a pillow and lay on the bathroom floor. I slept all day and all night. That is one drug I will NEVER take again."

Anonymous January 22, 2016

"I was given this medication IV before a radiofrequency nerve ablation. I had absolutely no response and had to tolerate the procedure with no assistance. It was extremely painful and nerve-wracking. They gave me the medication and started the procedure without ever checking to see if I was comfortable."

suesiegel (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

"I had dental implants. I was a nervous wreck going to the dentists office. I was in the dentists chair for 5 minutes and after that I don't remember a thing. The next thing I remember was my daughter getting my prescriptions filled at the pharmacy. I am thrilled to say this anesthetic was great ! I wish everyone of my surgical procedures was this easy. No after effects."

Tootsie111 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2015

"I had to have oral surgery as the first stage of dental implants. I had four molars extracted, a sinus lift and bone grafting. I asked to be put out. I was crying from fear before the surgery, worried about getting sick from the anesthesia. They gave me some versed in my iv and everything was okay. I loved it, maybe too much. No anesthesia sickness and NO fear. I highly recommend it."

Anxmommy (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2015

"I tried to tell the anesthesiologist that I have sleep spends, use oxygen @ nite, have 3 included. Major veins and am very sensitive to drugs. He wouldn't listen. Put me immediately out and my oxygen blood level went down to 51. Had I stayed at that level for 5 minutes I would have died. The hospital changed the grrecords. I was conguiding. gasping for air. eye Dr said I Jerked side to side violently. Lucky it was at a time in procedure that it didn't matter. Anes searched the sheets/ blankets for the meter and told eye Dr it had come off my finger."

yenta mia November 1, 2013

"Have had administered for several medical and dental procedures. Wonderful; very effective; no side effects."

Mikebuzz (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2013

"Great medication as a precursor to surgery.. Takes the edge off, and puts the patient in a great place."

Anonymous August 7, 2009