User Reviews for Thorazine

Learn more about Thorazine.

Schizophrenia 3 reviews 42 medications

Psychosis 2 reviews 18 medications

4.8
Summary of Thorazine reviews 20 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Thorazine

For Hiccups "Tried every common remedy known to man after surgery but nothing worked. Thorazine did the trick in 15 minutes!"

Manfred H September 14, 2016

For Light Sedation "I have been on thorazine since 1996. I take 1000mg a day. The doctor keep increasing it too. it is the only thing he will give me to sleep. I was on klonopin 1mg before i started the thorazine and it worked great, but my doctor said he doesnt want me to take it anymore because it is a narcotic, so he took it away and doubled my thorazine. He also put me on serequel 200mg twice a day. The only thing is i cant do much but lay around all day. I dont like the serequel but he said its better than klonopin for me and the thorazine dose is getting too high."

starwars4u July 26, 2016

For Hiccups "I was prescribed this after an operation where the anesthesia induced severe hiccupping for about 6 hours. Took one tablet and 20 minutes later no hiccups. When I went to the Philippines I got hiccups again and went to a drug store (no prescription needed), got the lowest dosage (5 mg I think) and my hiccups were gone in 15 minutes."

jerrystr (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

For Schizophrenia "As a child it helped me at high dose for 6 1/2 years.. Now my son is taking at a high dose it's a night and day difference but also he's having now side effects that limit his function to the point his blood pressure is very unstable and he is having muscle rigidity, tremors, vagal syncope an ER doctor said autonomic instability ... We are lowering now as to be able too add another with less side effects with his arrhythmia which even with me being Autistic Schizophrenic like him challenging to control and watch as he's in full psychosis at this point... But I will say Thorazine is golden compared to the rest and we've tried the rest he likes the calm and it actually stops the parasomnia... But it's just now the serious side effects of this..."

Jakamose February 4, 2016

For Mania "Landed in a number of mental health hospitals starting when I was about eight, ending when I was 17. On and off, months at a time, not constantly. 1970s medical thought was giving a boy child Ritalin would slow him down, I proved that not to always be the case as it made me bounce off of walls with hyperactivity which the psychiatrists would treat with ever increasing doses of Thorazine injected into a buttock with four-six orderlies holding me down and an RN following instructions by knocking me out with the Thorazine. I would fight the sleep but it always got me. When I was awoken between (I think) 8-12 hours later, I felt like death warmed over, could not eat, HUNGOVER, raised hell next day for it. Not cool at all to do to a child."

Dan L. M. (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 12, 2015

For Hiccups "I have been fighting hiccups off and on for weeks. Was prescribed Thorazine, have been somewhat reluctant to take it 3"

Tjf October 15, 2015

"The medication took away my alters connection to me, which at first was really scary because I'd always relied on them to come out and live my life for me when things got rough. I realised soon after starting the drug how little I knew my best friends and how much my disorder actually affected my relationships with them. It scared them and made them come to not trust me at times. Now, I'm scared of not taking it. It has allowed me to learn better coping mechanisms then hiding behind a facade or letting others deal with my problems Instead. It has actually helped me realise, I don't need the help of my alters to get through a day"

Terreden (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "After having surgery for gastric reflux and a major hernia, I was unable to keep anything down, including water. My Dr. Tried me on Zofran, Scopalamime patch ,and Phenergan with barely any effect. He eventually brought me back in to get some IV fluids into me That was when he tried me on Thorazine. It works wonderfully on my vomiting. The only problem I have with it at all is that it makes me so drowsy, understatement- it knocks me out. But it was worth it to be able to get something down so I didn't get dehydrated again."

Launchelle February 14, 2015

For Schizophrenia "This is the only medicine which has worked for my schizophrenia. It's a nightmare to take to begin with, need to gradually increase the dose, but has kept me reasonably well and coping for years. Only side effects for me are dry mouth and solar sensitivity, I don't like the sun anyway so no matter. But the dry mouth does limit the dose. It helps me sleep too."

Otto the android (taken for 10 years or more) July 5, 2014

For Psychosis "My daughter is 15 and had increase confusion, zombie effect, was Not a good medication for her"

Sesquivel22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2014

For Light Sedation "My Dr. prescribed me Thorazine for insomnia because she doesn't like Ambien, Xanax, etc. Felt like a zombie in the morning, plus I developed a tolerance from 50 mg to 100 mg in 2 weeks. Felt dead inside. After 100 mg and another 2 weeks had trouble sleeping again and doctor told me to double the dose. I didn't do it."

jen3577 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2013

For Hiccups "I had hiccups for 48 hours continuously and was hiccupping about 15000 times a day. I went to my GP and was prescribed Chlorpromazine. I was reluctant to try it at first because of the side effects but it did work after being on a 25mg dose three times a day after 72 hours. It does take a while to kick in and have an effect but it did work. Make sure you come off them slowly and gradually otherwise it makes you feel nauseous and sick. Your urine may also be a lot darker in colour and smell differently."

Nick (Wiltshire - UK) (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2013

For Hiccups "I get severe hiccups. This works!"

tjssss July 14, 2013

For Hiccups "I write this to help others. I actually had the hiccups for eight straight days...yes 8! I couldn't eat without hiccuping, and sleep with out hiccuping. I had no health insurance, which is why I waited so long before seeking professional medical advice/treatment. On that eighth day I went to a "Doc-in-a-Box", and the Doctor prescribed "Thorazine", only ten! Within 30 minutes of taking the first one, the hiccups were gone! I had nine more pills (low dosage) left. Each time I took one, it was like I was the "King of the world'! I had a constant smile on my face and wanted to hug everyone, but I could still MAINTAIN. "

VaBeachBeez January 19, 2013

For Hiccups "Dad was hiccuping badly for two days straight - nothing was working and attempting to get water or fluids down didn't work. Hiccups got worse and he began to vomit when we saw blood we took him to emergency room - they brought Thorazine and within 10-20 minutes he stopped hiccuping... he had one short flare up while moving around but after 20-30minutes it went away and he was sleeping. Hopefully this does the trick and keeps him from hiccuping - but for sure it's a good emergency medicine to stop painful and persistent hiccups."

Anonymous October 21, 2012

"There's a reason they call it the Thorazine shuffle."

Anonymous January 30, 2012

For Schizophrenia "This medication helps with my symptoms and controls some of the voices and the sightings that I experienced throughout my use of this medication."

JasmineB September 26, 2011

For Mania "I take it for bipolar disorder. It helps through the mania. It helps sleep and then mania the next day. "

Anonymous May 7, 2011

For Psychosis "Good"

sammy8987 February 26, 2011

For Hiccups "My husband normally never has the hiccups but on the night of day 3 after having bowel resection surgery from diverticulitis, he was no longer passing gas. Instead he was belching, burping and hiccuping. He would hiccup for hours then stop for a bit and this just kept going on and on increasing the pain of the surgical site and getting no sleep. On the night of day 6,Thorazine was added to his IV and within 10 minutes the hiccups were gone and he was finally sleeping comfortably."

Anonymous June 13, 2010

For Light Sedation "The intramuscular is far better than oral, I found. The only drawback is that you will have a very sore bottom afterwards. Thorazine IM does hurt, but it's well worth it in the long run if your stomach gets upset very easily. The onset is much quicker, yet the effect is more mellow than the same dose given orally. Again, Thorazine IM does hurt so keep that in mind if it ever suggested."

Anonymous July 13, 2009

For Light Sedation "This will knock you out."

nick 88 August 11, 2008