User Reviews for Fluphenazine

Psychosis   6.3

Reviews for Fluphenazine

Dan · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 15, 2021

For Psychosis: “I have taken this medication since December of 2016 for schizoaffective Bipolar type. It has helped immensely with psychosis such as hearing voices. I did not get much weight gain with this med compared to other ones such as Risperdal. I mainly get restlessness but its the price I have to pay to remain stable and currently take propranolol for the side effect of restlessness.”

Mike C · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2021

For Psychosis: “unhelpful, useless medication”

Emo Steve · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2020

For Psychosis: “Prolixin is better than Zyprexa because it supposedly doesn't make you gain weight. My nurse and doctor both said it doesn't make you gain weight, so I started taking 2.5mg of Prolixin after quitting Zyprexa. Zyprexa made me gain 40 pounds! After quitting Prolixin and not taking any meds at all I noticed that I gained a lot of weight, but I don't remember having any problems with weight gain during the 2 months that I was on Prolixin (but then again I was barely eating. I was only taking a few bites per meal). Prolixin might cause weight gain and it might not, but it's better than Zyprexa and it didn't make me drowsy.”

none · Taken for 10 years or more June 25, 2019

For Psychosis: “When thiothixine was discontinued my Doctor prescribed Fluphenazine it is for Psychosis It is working as well as my previous medication. No side effects at all. Both of these medicines have changed my life for the better. Absolutely no side effects and absolutely no symptoms. I have lived a long healthy productive life with the help of these medicines and absolutely no side effects.”

PeacefulJustice · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2017

Prolixin (fluphenazine) for Psychosis: “I was given Prolixin one day & a couple of days later I had a very bad grand mal seizure that wouldn't stop and ended up in intensive care. No apologies from anyone just a $35,000 hospital bill. No admission that this pill caused it. Due to all the abnormalities that can show up on an EEG I was diagnosed with epilepsy and brain damage. I've seen a neurologist since then and I have neither. This pill is dangerous.”

Day by Day · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2017

For Psychosis: “My 19 year old son had severe hallucinations, delusions and paranoia. He has tried Trilufon, latuda, haldol, riperidone and nothing worked. His psychiatrist put him on Fluphenazine Decanoate Injection 50 mg and all the above issues have finally gone away. This medication does give him a little more anxiety but as time went by it got better. The day of injection is a little harder but stick with it and give it a chance to work. This medication was the life safer for my son”

daflea · Taken for 10 years or more December 20, 2014

Prolixin (fluphenazine) for Psychosis: “I've taking Prolixin since the 70's. It has saved my life. I'm scared of the possible side effects, but the trick is for all of the movements episodes I take 2 mg of Artane each time I take the Prolixin it takes all the side effects away. ....try it!”

fred September 23, 2019

For Psychosis: “I have been using half cc of fluphenazine for years. Ever since 24 years old I am 62 now. For schizophrenia works great. No signs of illness. Just had to change from 4 weeks to 3 weeks dose for irritability works for me.”

Neil · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2020

“I have severe shizoaffective bipolar type 1. Fluphenazine is a horrible med. Absoutely terrifying. Worst med I've ever taken. I had the horrible feeling of imminent death. I would never recommend this even to my worst enemies. Take abilify instead.”

Anonymous May 10, 2020

Prolixin (fluphenazine): “My son is terrified of this drug and all of the phenothiazines. The worst thing it gave him was gross akathisia. They gave him an extreme physical pain and gross akathisia where he paced like a caged lion 24 hours a day seven days a week until he dropped exhausted. Horrible medicines.”

Sunguppy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 26, 2020

For Psychosis: “fluphenazine is an excellent drug, no side effects or negatives to taking it. I take this drug with Latuda and a few other meds, and it helps me with reduction of psychosis, hallucinations, and delusions.”

rman81 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2015

For Psychosis: “Works very well side effects are rough. First side effect I had was retention then shaking then I could not sit still but after a little time on medications for side effects the systems got a lot better. Do not like that I have to get it every two weeks but for me it works really good for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 16, 2020

For Psychosis: “I have been on generic prolixin for Skitzoaffective for about 3 years and everything went great. I've only put on about 10 pounds within the last three years but have not seemed to lose any weight on this pill. My delusions were fine for those three years up until now my pill has now seemed to now just stopped working my delusions and depression has come back, so it's time to change to a new medication.”

rambo79 January 22, 2012

Prolixin (fluphenazine) for Psychosis: “I needed to get on the lowest dose acceptable because it made me very tired but it controlls the symptoms very well no more paranoia, hallucinations, delusions etc. The best one I've tried so far.”

Anonymous May 10, 2009

Prolixin (fluphenazine) for Psychosis: “Seems to work on quietening the racing thoughts. Just a bit scary to think of the possible side-effect. Still better than the Metabolic Syndrome that is a by product of the newer medicines.”

Deb · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 23, 2019

Prolixin Decanoate (fluphenazine) for Psychosis: “Horrible side effect of severe anxiety and involuntary body movements”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2015

“Fluphenazine works well for stopping visual and auditory for me but it gives me urinary probloms”

Tee30 April 23, 2016

For Psychosis: “I feel more agitated I am taking 1 mg of this medication. I stopped taking it this is the second day.”

AliveonlybygraceofGod March 2, 2019

“I almost died. Suffered NEUROLEPTIC MALIGNANT SYNDROME and I was misdiagnosed as psychosis. So I was Paralyzed for 3 months in hospital.”