User Reviews for Prochlorperazine

Also known as: Compazine, Compazine Spansule, Compro, Procot

Learn more about Prochlorperazine.

Anxiety 3 reviews 63 medications

6.3
Nausea/Vomiting 56 reviews 159 medications

5.7
Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications

Summary of Prochlorperazine reviews 60 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Prochlorperazine

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER a couple weeks ago with a severe migraine, I normally take Fiorcet for a preventative so I don't get them, it didn't work this time and I ended up in the ER, they gave me Benadryl, Toradol and the dreaded Compazine via IV, I've never had Compazine before in my life and my expericance was so awful, about 5 minutes after it was administered I had a full blown panic attack and thought I was going to die, I almost ripped my IV out and wanted to run out, I cried to my nurse how scared I was, Dr ordered a big dose of Ativan and completely knocked me out, the next 24 hours after I was in a complete haze and out of it. I would NEVER recommend this drug ever..."

Youbuyownnoodlepls (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Had a severe allergic reaction to compazine which was given to me to treat nausea, unable to breathe, throat closed had to be rushed to hospital. and it didn't stop the vomiting"

1750babs (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "The absolute worst experience with an antiemetic I have ever had. I literally panicked in the hospital to the point I almost pulled my iv out. Zofran stopped working for my hyperemesis gravidum...but I would rather live with nausea vomiting day in and out then feel the uncontrolled anxiety and restlessness I felt with compazine!"

Horrible (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "THIS DRUG IS HELL!!!! I went to the ER because I was extremely dehydrated and feeling nausea and had a migraine. I had the CRAZIEST ANXIETY of my LIFE that lasted for 24hrs, and the worst part is that I'm prone to having anxiety panics from this moment. It took me a few years to be able to talk about about without having body memory of how horrible it was. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS."

whaaaat? September 14, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have IBS along side Colitis and also have had regular pure Chronic Nausea since I was a young teen and I'm 34 now and still have the problems. I pretty much have all the basic nausea meds so when one isn't working I have others I can fall back on. But the 2 that are the most potent are Zofran and Compazine. And out of those 2 the most potent for me is still the generic Compazine, even after all these years of taking it. The only downside is its a fairly old antipsychotic which means it comes with some fairly rough side effects sometimes. There have been a couple times I've gotten the side effect of Dystonic effects with are horrible to go through. So now when I take my Compazine I take it with 50mg of Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)."

NW49ERSFAN1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 22, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Terrible drug. Was given morphine through IV pump while in the hospital for a broken femur and it made me extremely sick with nausea & vomiting. I was given compazine and immediately had a bad reaction. I felt like my skin was on fire and began hallucinating that I saw demons crawling on the ceiling. I have no history of any kind of mental illness. The nurses were completely disgusted with me pleading for help and ignored me. I suffered through 6 hours of hell before it finally wore off enough so I could sleep. I rather vomit than go through that again!!"

Logama August 18, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was taking zofran for years for severe nausea. During a hospital stay I was given Reglan and had horrible hallucinations and my skin was crawling like some people in the reviews had with Prochlorperazine. However Zofran stopped working for me during the last bout of nausea so my doc gave me Prochlorperazine which helped tremendously and thankfully I had no side effects."

Nana Dee August 2, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've been taking Compazine for years for nausea due to stomach problems. I have never had any side effects and it completely gets rid of my nausea. Best antiemetic for me."

Ladyjane12345 July 22, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "If i could rate this lower than a 1 I would. Worst. Experience. Of my life. I had severe nausea from a dental infection in the hospital and the doctors gave me compazine through IV. I don't even know when this happened but I had a crazy out of body experience. I saw myself laying in my bed and had NO idea where I was. I thought I was in Arizona at first at a hotel and then freaked out because I had no clue who the people in the room were (my parents, my regular nurses). The room spun and then I vomited everywhere. It was horrifying. I was nauseous for about twelve more hours and then had hallucinations. I saw people walking in and out of my hospital room that I knew damn well weren't real or there.DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG."

mmmmmmmmMmmmmmmmm July 11, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER for stomach pains and nausea. I am allergic to so many pain medicines that there is little I can take. They gave me compazine and as they put it in my iv they told me it could cause severe anxiety in some people. Well I can tell you now, it was horrific. I have had one major panic attack in my life and this was 20 times worse. I started pulling off my clothes and ripped the iv out. They had to give me a big dose of Benedryl to "reverse" the effects. Please please think twice and consider other choices before taking this!"

SPha May 28, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I took this for my extreme amount of nausea causing anxiety. It did wonders for my nausea! It was wonderful and like a miracle. Until the 3rd time I took it... I had the worst experience of my life. My jaw got locked and stuck to one side, my eyes got locked looking upwards and I couldn't move them, my jaw felt as if it was trying to break itself and was so painful . I ended up sticking my finger down my throat to make myself vomit up the drug. It continued to lock my jaw up off and on for the next 48 hours. Never again. Be careful of the side effects. Worked wonders for my nausea and vomiting, but I would rather be throwing up than experiences those side effects"

Hannah36910 May 19, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this through an IV in the ER. I had terrible nausea and Zofran didn't touch it. Even though compazine did take my nausea away, it left me incredibly groggy yet restless. I spent the entire rest of the day in a haze. I've never abused drugs but I would imagine this is how you would feel when coming off of some sort of high yet it lasts all day long. I kept feeling angry and anxious as well. I would much rather have nausea and will never take this medicine again!"

Jennna May 9, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this medication to help with the side effects of Chemo and radiation and it was ok the first day but as the days went on I began to feel irritated groggy and EXTREMELY restless but I was really tired like super tired. It kept me so drained that I slept for 22 hours! Almost all the side effects mentioned above (or below) I experienced them too. I will NEVER take this again! I rather be nauseous!!"

HunnieBunz May 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This is an amazing drug for nausea, this gives me no side effects and takes the feeling of nausea away amazingly."

Jonnnnn March 22, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Went to the ER twice with a severe migraine, both times given Compazine. It definitely helps with relieving the pain but the side effects out weigh it for me. Felt like my skin was crawling, restlessness, skin rash, dry mouth, anxiety (triggered a panic attack both times), brought up a lot of bad thoughts of how I was dying. Long term, rebound headache, insomnia, loss of appetite. Also had it with Benadryl once and that scared me."

saaaaaaaam February 21, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed this by my doctor to treat the nausea I was experiencing due to Gastritis. I woke myself up screaming, crying and sweating with night terrors. Each time I went back to sleep the nightmare would continue where it left off. When I got out of bed I found myself getting really upset, crying and pacing the floor. Certainly won't be taking this again!"

Seon20 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given Compazine during in-patient chemo treatment in 1999 (as a cheaper anti-nausea med., as I was on Medicaid). The Drs. said it 'may' cause agitation/work poorly for younger people (I was 25 at the time). The agitation & horrible feelings were immediate. It got so bad I ended up just twitching, crying & moaning into my pillow. My skin was crawling, I was flooded with anxiety/panic. I COULD NOT lay/sit still. Next chemo treatment was the same, so I never asked for/took it again. I'd rather have gone without anti-nausea meds than go thru that again. I later found one of the night Drs. who was sympathetic & I got samples of the good (modern) anti-nausea meds. No akathisia at all."

Jen1515 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've been suffering from IBS for years and compazine is the only medicine that gets rid of nausea. I've never had any side effects, which is fabulous. I am tired all the time but it beats nausea!"

Fantastic Mrs J January 10, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Extreme agitation and anxiety... Never again... Very restless"

Cj1977 December 27, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Beware, this medicine causes agitation in a lot of people. The feeling is indescribable, though some have told me it like withdrawals. Awful stuff. Felt like my skin was crawling. Just awful."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "It's not often I get norovirus, but when my stomach is empty and the heaving persists, this helps me. It does make me tired. So I sleep it off. By the time I wake up the heaving has ceased. Maybe I've experienced some dizziness. But with a virus, I wasn't intending to clean my house or run a marathon! I'll just take heaving cessation!"

Bettyann Staten Island RN November 24, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Had nausea from chemo and radiation and was given Zofran. Zofran did nothing to curb the nausea. I was just recently changed over to Compazine and the nausea is gone! I've not experienced any side effects whatsoever."

RenaeDeac October 30, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed compazine in 1989 for severe morning sickness during the forth month of my second pregnancy. By the third day, I was rushed to the hospital because my chin locked over my left shoulder, my tongue hung out of my mouth impeding my speech, the muscles in my eyes froze, keeping me from blinking. My five year old got home from school and found me drooling on my self, grunting b/c I could not speak. Good thing I'd taught her how to call 911. Shortly, an ambulance drove up and rushed me to the emergency room. They thought I'd had a stroke. Luckily, I had the vile of compazine in my purse. Needless to say, my son was born with neurological issues which have lasted a lifetime."

Klein's October 19, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I went into the ER last week on Wednesday with a horrible migraine. Received Compazine, Zofran and Benadryl IV all at once then sent home. Immediately, I felt like I was going to lose my mind. Thank God for the Benadryl, I was able to sleep for a bit, but every time I woke up I still felt despair, jittery, disoriented and overall 'weird.' Tomorrow will be a week, and I'm glad I have an appointment with my primary to tell him about my reaction. Praying he has a solution to get this feeling to pass and SOON. I am a nurse, have 2 children and am a single mother. Cannot afford to feel this way for long. I will never take that med again."

ipraythispasses (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This medicine was awful. I took it for severe nausea and vomiting and it made me anxious, nervous, and on edge. I have never felt that way before and will never again take this medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015