User Reviews for Prochlorperazine

Psychosis
4.2

Summary of Prochlorperazine reviews 4.8 104 reviews

Reviews for Prochlorperazine

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Psychosis: "The first time I was given IV compazine I pulled my IV out and fled the hospital! The second time I actually called my nurse and told him how I felt and he said has seen it before with compazine and the doctor gave me IV benedryl which almost took the scared antsy panic feeling awake but made me a complete zombie. I will never again be a doctors guinea pig!"

OahLort (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Literally had the same symptoms as everyone on here is explaining, 2 days after and still feeling the effects. I literally feel like I’m dying and my headache is still there."

Jlhp418 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Was given this medication as a pill when I was in the hospital for migraines at 15 years old. I took it for two days, and it did not seem to do anything for my headache, but on the third day I started to develop extremely uncomfortable symptoms. My jaw began to slide to the left and lock in place, then my neck began to contort to the side. My heart was racing and I had no control over my muscles. I went to the ER and they told me it was a dystonic reaction, and fairly common for this medication. They gave me 50 mg of Benadryl and immediately my muscles began to go back to normal. I still have nerve/muscles problems today that I believe were caused by this medication. I do not know why it has not been banned yet DO NOT take it."

del98 February 18, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Went to emergency for cluster migrain headache; given compazine by injection and had an immediate allergic reaction. Felt like I wanted to jump outside my skin; intense burning sensation and panic mode. Woke up the next day with catastrophic tinnitus. Health went downhill with side effects of Neutropenia. Wasted away from 150lbs to 110lbs. RATING 1"

Petrov (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER with a migraine and I got this through an IV. I was totally fine and all happy until this drug hit me. I went completely insane. I got claustrophobic, I wanted to kill myself, I started twitching, and I got super anxious. They gave me some Benadryl which helped so they sent me home. On the way home it happened again, and it kept happening all night even after I kept taking Benadryl. The only time I felt not insane was when I was sleeping but I was still having weird dreams. The next morning I woke up and I was still really anxious but the serious side effects went away. For 2 more days I still felt anxious and it was the worst thing ever. Everyone told me this was really rare and I don't think any of the people there at the ER really knew what was going on. This is a scary drug. I just wanted to share my story."

MadPizza February 10, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have taken the generic Compazine for at least 30+years without a problem for nausea and migraines . They only negative thing I felt about this medication was the amount of time it took to actual stop the nauseating feeling. Other than that I have never experienced a bad side effect, It was not until about 4 years ago when I was in the ER for a gastrointestinal problem that I became very nauseated and was given a medication for it and it help almost immediately. That medication was via IV and was called Zofran. Since that time I have taken Zofran 4mg as need for nausea and it has work as well as the Compazine, just faster. I would recommend either medication based on your medical needs"

Experienced User Suggests February 7, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "I have a severe anxiety disorder I came in with chest pain and sharp pains in my head the doctor gave me compazine combined with Benadryl and I felt a absolutely horrible went into full on panic mode felt like I was having a tachycardia attack couldn’t speak had cotton mouth the whole 9 yards. What genius gave this to me knowing the side effects?"

I hate hospitals February 7, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "So I have been dealing with vomiting and upset stomach for about a month now. Thought it was due to a food intolerance that recently became symptomatic, although the doctors have no idea whats going on. Anyways, this is my savior drug, I just hope it doesn't make me constipated like the Zofran did. This killed my anxiety, I stopped vomiting, and most importantly I can now keep fluids down. No unwanted side effects. It probably took an hour to take full effect, and the anxiety drop I had only lasted 4 of the 6 hours. Which is pretty typical for me when I compare how long other drugs that are active for about 6 hours."

Fingnicknamehxhxhx January 30, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Not working at all. Makes me feel hungry"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Doctor put me on this drug following nausea due to anaesthesia during a tonsillectomy. Worked for a day, until I started having jaw, tongue, and neck spasms. I looked like something out of The Exorcist. ER prescribed me Cogentin. Working so far. Do not take this drug."

riannajay December 26, 2017

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Look up "dystonic reaction" before taking this med and be prepared to go to the ER if your muscles start freezing up. Taking this med led to one of the scariest experiences of my life. It definitely worked for the nausea, but at the cost of becoming a squawking, paralyzed contortionist. I must have looked like I needed an exorcism by the time I arrived at the ER, but only took an ambulance ride and several IV shots of both benzatropine and Valium to get me back to normal."

Pseudonymish (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2017

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was born with chronic pancreatitis and chronic migraines so vomiting is a for sure thing every time I visit the ER. I have never in my life been traumatized by a medication until this encounter. It is like we are their lab rats, you feel helpless, insane, delusional, 51-50, a psychopath. You literally feel trapped inside your body if that makes any sense. I try to hold my composure off this medication because it literally makes you crazy. It should be illegal for them to give inject you with it without a warning on the side effects. You feel so weird for 3 days, it’s as if your innocence has been robbed from you, a form of violation."

Silverio (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given a prescription for this drug while I was going through chemotherapy for Stage 3 Colon Cancer. I went to the infusion center every other Monday and came home with a pump that continued the chemo for the two days. I was given 10mg tablets that I used in combination with Zofran. I would use it at night (using Zofran during the day) and I had zero side effects. I received 10 treatments of chemo and never once vomited using this in combination. It sounds like most of the people who had severe reactions were given the drug through an IV. It worked great for me but I took it orally, 10 mg at a time."

Bookiesmom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 8, 2017

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this for nausea that could not be helped with zofran. I take it on a as needed bases or when the zofran won't work. I have a lot of stomach issues and I can say this stuff definitely helps. It does make me a little sleep but I'll take that any day over feeling sick and throwing up. The down side is the restless side effect. I feel like I have to keep moving unless I somehow manage to fall asleep. Then I am knocked out. Sometimes I take valium or benadryl to combat the feeling. But that leaves me groggy and unable to function"

Anonymous December 5, 2017

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER with nausea, they gave me compazine immediately I felt hot and restless . I freaked out they moved me from the hallway to a room where I became restless and angry . My jaw locked up and I was shaking uncontrollably, my heart raced and I felt like I was gonna die. My symptoms lessened after about 8hrs where I slept off and on. I went to a different ER and they gave me a small dose of Ativan but it didn’t make me feel any better. The next day I still feel panicky and my heart feels weird and the shaking comes and goes also have horrible diarrhea. Worst experience of my life."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER with sunstroke. I was vomiting, a massive headache and stomach pain. I became quite out of it and was moaning and in and out of consciousness. My mum called an ambulance and they gave me a needle with a nausea medication (I can't remember the name) but it worked well and the nausea started the disappear but I was so exhausted I was still out of it. Once I got to the hospital the ambulance men told the doctors what they gave me but the nurse still decided to give me something else. She put in an IV of what I thought was just fluids but I was wrong. My heart started to race and I became anxious. I started shaking and had a massive anxiety attack wanting to rip my IV out. It didn't go away for 3 days!! DON'T HAVE THIS DRUG!!"

Ally93B November 26, 2017

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Was given compazine for the first time in the ER. It was mixed in a cocktail for my headache. After 3 minutes I started feeling uneasy and I started to have a full in panic attack, I’ve never felt that in my life! I ripped my IV out of my arm and started kicking the walls and stomping , they thought I was insane! I told them it was the medicine , they didn’t do anything just released me and I felt like my skin was crawling for 3 days. Was the absolute worst experience of my whole life !"

Abbyhijabi November 15, 2017

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I took this during my first trimester of pregnancy for nausea. It worked wonders for about two days. On the third day I started to feel strange at work and took a break. My forehead and throat felt like they were tightening. I decided to go home and about halfway there I felt my jaw forcing itself to the left while my top teeth forcing to the right. I couldn’t control my face or tongue whatsoever. I should have went to the emergency room but instead I decided to call it a day and try to fall asleep. I didn’t fall asleep until 2am or so when the flexes in my face finally subsided. Strangest experience of my life. My neck and jaw were so sore for days afterwards."

1aurafu September 29, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this via IV for an extreme migraine that brought me to the hospital, and let me tell you I would rather have suffered the migraine. This drug was HELL. The nurse told me it was part of a headache cocktail and may cause anxiety. Out of nowhere, once it was administered, I started absolutely freaking out: wanting to rip my IV out, wanting to run out of the hospital, couldn't hold still, itchy skin, twitchy movements, couldn't calm my thoughts of absolute death and doom. I'm a very calm person with no anxiety and this turned all that upside down. I called my boyfriend sobbing and whimpering. I was a mess. It lasted for hours once I finally got home too. Never take this drug!!"

cbb1722 September 24, 2017

For Anxiety: "I received this medication over the counter at my local chemist for severe nausea, dizziness and headache. It worked within 30 minutes to alleviate the nausea completely and the headache is subsiding. I also have severe anxiety - the side effect of drowsiness has occurred but has helped calm me down a lot so I can rest and the dizziness is no longer noticeable so I see that as a bonus."

Daisy222 September 15, 2017

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Psychosis: "After having had to take steroids for severe asthma all of my life I have been dealing with a very horrible side effects of psychosis on steroids. Unfortunately there are many people in the medical field he still do not know how to deal with that. I have learned to ask for Compazine and have been able to take small amounts to get back to a straight playing with my mental health and survive the hospitalization and the several weeks afterwards when I'm having to cut down the prednisones back to nothing. It has saved my life and has probably saved a few hospitalizations because a lot of people don't know how to deal with someone who says high doses of Cortizone make me psychotic. My long-term doctors know it but short term hospitalization Compazine saves me from all sorts of other issues that could come up that I've already dealt with in the last 64 years."

Sidly (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

For Anxiety: "I was given this for a really bad headache- migraine. This med is going on my allergy list and I'm NOT going to take it ever again! I consider it poison! I already have anxiety and I was given med thru IV in the ER along with Benadryl. I was told it could make me jittery but the Benadryl counteracts that. Bull! All of a sudden I couldn't think, I couldn't talk right, I was so restless but so tired & sleepy at the same time. I was so hot! They gave me a clipboard to fan myself. I wasn't comfortable sitting. I wasn't comfortable standing. I too wanted to rip my IV out and run away. It was one of the WORST experiences of my life! They gave me more Benadryl and that did help, but I didn't feel like myself that night and felt agitated, dizzy and headache the next day. I got better thank God!"

GT45 August 10, 2017

For Anxiety: "For several months suffered debilitating migraines daily. My tongue went numb on the right side arms going dead on a night. I suffer with chiari malformation and a brain cyst multiple issues. Ok received 5mg of this today only took 5mg and my brain pressure relieved within 1 hour. Its the first time in months I've felt at ease. Doctors won't accept I've issues with chiari and the brain cyst and are refusing a brain scan follow up. I have the feeling of my brain dropping 50 times an hour mainly on a night. I'm really hoping the brain drop feeling relieves tonight while sleeping. I'VE HAD A GOOD 6 HOURS FIRST TIME IN NEARLY 16 MONTHS! A blessing is this for me..."

Jdclaire (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Got this med for dizziness, it works after 2 days but gives bad anxiety and my throat is slightly closed which is making me waking up every 30 mins as I am running out of breath. This is a bad one to take."

Aa111 July 30, 2017

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "Given this medication for a headache 3 weeks ago still feeling side effects! Very restless, insomnia,irrational thoughts, I feel like I've lost touch in reality! It's horrible! I wish they would've told me before they put it in me through IV! If anyone please knows what to do to fall back in to reality please share"

Gabrielaa21 July 16, 2017