User Reviews for Prochlorperazine

Also known as: Compazine, Compazine Spansule, Compro, Procot

Learn more about Prochlorperazine.

Anxiety 3 reviews 63 medications

6.3
Nausea/Vomiting 49 reviews 159 medications

Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications

Summary of Prochlorperazine reviews 53 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Prochlorperazine

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've been taking Compazine for years for nausea due to stomach problems. I have never had any side effects and it completely gets rid of my nausea. Best antiemetic for me."

Ladyjane12345 July 22, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "If i could rate this lower than a 1 I would. Worst. Experience. Of my life. I had severe nausea from a dental infection in the hospital and the doctors gave me compazine through IV. I don't even know when this happened but I had a crazy out of body experience. I saw myself laying in my bed and had NO idea where I was. I thought I was in Arizona at first at a hotel and then freaked out because I had no clue who the people in the room were (my parents, my regular nurses). The room spun and then I vomited everywhere. It was horrifying. I was nauseous for about twelve more hours and then had hallucinations. I saw people walking in and out of my hospital room that I knew damn well weren't real or there.DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG."

mmmmmmmmMmmmmmmmm July 11, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER for stomach pains and nausea. I am allergic to so many pain medicines that there is little I can take. They gave me compazine and as they put it in my iv they told me it could cause severe anxiety in some people. Well I can tell you now, it was horrific. I have had one major panic attack in my life and this was 20 times worse. I started pulling off my clothes and ripped the iv out. They had to give me a big dose of Benedryl to "reverse" the effects. Please please think twice and consider other choices before taking this!"

SPha May 28, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I took this for my extreme amount of nausea causing anxiety. It did wonders for my nausea! It was wonderful and like a miracle. Until the 3rd time I took it... I had the worst experience of my life. My jaw got locked and stuck to one side, my eyes got locked looking upwards and I couldn't move them, my jaw felt as if it was trying to break itself and was so painful . I ended up sticking my finger down my throat to make myself vomit up the drug. It continued to lock my jaw up off and on for the next 48 hours. Never again. Be careful of the side effects. Worked wonders for my nausea and vomiting, but I would rather be throwing up than experiences those side effects"

Hannah36910 May 19, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this through an IV in the ER. I had terrible nausea and Zofran didn't touch it. Even though compazine did take my nausea away, it left me incredibly groggy yet restless. I spent the entire rest of the day in a haze. I've never abused drugs but I would imagine this is how you would feel when coming off of some sort of high yet it lasts all day long. I kept feeling angry and anxious as well. I would much rather have nausea and will never take this medicine again!"

Jennna May 9, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this medication to help with the side effects of Chemo and radiation and it was ok the first day but as the days went on I began to feel irritated groggy and EXTREMELY restless but I was really tired like super tired. It kept me so drained that I slept for 22 hours! Almost all the side effects mentioned above (or below) I experienced them too. I will NEVER take this again! I rather be nauseous!!"

HunnieBunz May 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This is an amazing drug for nausea, this gives me no side effects and takes the feeling of nausea away amazingly."

Jonnnnn March 22, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Went to the ER twice with a severe migraine, both times given Compazine. It definitely helps with relieving the pain but the side effects out weigh it for me. Felt like my skin was crawling, restlessness, skin rash, dry mouth, anxiety (triggered a panic attack both times), brought up a lot of bad thoughts of how I was dying. Long term, rebound headache, insomnia, loss of appetite. Also had it with Benadryl once and that scared me."

saaaaaaaam February 21, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed this by my doctor to treat the nausea I was experiencing due to Gastritis. I woke myself up screaming, crying and sweating with night terrors. Each time I went back to sleep the nightmare would continue where it left off. When I got out of bed I found myself getting really upset, crying and pacing the floor. Certainly won't be taking this again!"

Seon20 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given Compazine during in-patient chemo treatment in 1999 (as a cheaper anti-nausea med., as I was on Medicaid). The Drs. said it 'may' cause agitation/work poorly for younger people (I was 25 at the time). The agitation & horrible feelings were immediate. It got so bad I ended up just twitching, crying & moaning into my pillow. My skin was crawling, I was flooded with anxiety/panic. I COULD NOT lay/sit still. Next chemo treatment was the same, so I never asked for/took it again. I'd rather have gone without anti-nausea meds than go thru that again. I later found one of the night Drs. who was sympathetic & I got samples of the good (modern) anti-nausea meds. No akathisia at all."

Jen1515 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've been suffering from IBS for years and compazine is the only medicine that gets rid of nausea. I've never had any side effects, which is fabulous. I am tired all the time but it beats nausea!"

Fantastic Mrs J January 10, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Extreme agitation and anxiety... Never again... Very restless"

Cj1977 December 27, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Beware, this medicine causes agitation in a lot of people. The feeling is indescribable, though some have told me it like withdrawals. Awful stuff. Felt like my skin was crawling. Just awful."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "It's not often I get norovirus, but when my stomach is empty and the heaving persists, this helps me. It does make me tired. So I sleep it off. By the time I wake up the heaving has ceased. Maybe I've experienced some dizziness. But with a virus, I wasn't intending to clean my house or run a marathon! I'll just take heaving cessation!"

Bettyann Staten Island RN November 24, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Had nausea from chemo and radiation and was given Zofran. Zofran did nothing to curb the nausea. I was just recently changed over to Compazine and the nausea is gone! I've not experienced any side effects whatsoever."

RenaeDeac October 30, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed compazine in 1989 for severe morning sickness during the forth month of my second pregnancy. By the third day, I was rushed to the hospital because my chin locked over my left shoulder, my tongue hung out of my mouth impeding my speech, the muscles in my eyes froze, keeping me from blinking. My five year old got home from school and found me drooling on my self, grunting b/c I could not speak. Good thing I'd taught her how to call 911. Shortly, an ambulance drove up and rushed me to the emergency room. They thought I'd had a stroke. Luckily, I had the vile of compazine in my purse. Needless to say, my son was born with neurological issues which have lasted a lifetime."

Klein's October 19, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I went into the ER last week on Wednesday with a horrible migraine. Received Compazine, Zofran and Benadryl IV all at once then sent home. Immediately, I felt like I was going to lose my mind. Thank God for the Benadryl, I was able to sleep for a bit, but every time I woke up I still felt despair, jittery, disoriented and overall 'weird.' Tomorrow will be a week, and I'm glad I have an appointment with my primary to tell him about my reaction. Praying he has a solution to get this feeling to pass and SOON. I am a nurse, have 2 children and am a single mother. Cannot afford to feel this way for long. I will never take that med again."

ipraythispasses (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This medicine was awful. I took it for severe nausea and vomiting and it made me anxious, nervous, and on edge. I have never felt that way before and will never again take this medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Took this for severe nausea after starting an SSRI - got rid of most of the nausea but made me incredibly dizzy and had low blood pressure and tingling limbs. Very uncomfortable!"

Izzy3376 (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was suffering from unexplained nausea for about a year. I tried a host of other anti-nausea medications but nothing really seemed to be helping. My doctor gave my compazine, which helped my nausea but made me exhausted by the evening and caused me to burst into tears at least once a day. I stopped taking the medication because the side effects were too much for me to handle."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I had woke up around 5 this morning sick to my stomach. Not horrible, but I could feel the nausea coming on. I may need to explain I deal with gastroparesis. Most days I'm fine, but the days I'm not, it's really bad. I tried zofran and promethazine with no relief whatsoever. Finally was admitted to the ER. Found out I was dehydrated and of course the gastroparesis had shown its ugly head. Nothing, I repeat nothing was working for nausea. They finally decided to give me compazine in IV form. Within just a few minutes I could tell results. Great drug and for myself minimal to no side effects."

Nausea and vomiting A July 31, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this for migraines. I was stationed in Hampton Roads, VA doing my time in the Navy. I had a TBI in Bahrain, and was sent to Virginia for various medical treatments. I had blackouts and severe migraines that made me see spots at least 3-5 times a week. It was pure hell so I thought. I would try to tolerate it the best I could, and I began frequenting the hospital where I received this drug. It took some time to figure out which drug I was having the horrendous side effects. Portsmouth Naval issued me a "cocktail" as they called it with this drug included. Over a few experiences with various doctors I figured out this drug was the culprit. This drug made me feel like something terrible was crawling under my skin. 6 hours of hell."

Ashley A. (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have been on Compazine for over 2 years and it has been an absolute overall relief of nausea, anxiety and nerves/nervous tension. Finding a doctor who will prescribe it without a struggle and or reservation is a whole other issue. I've been told it carries too many side effects and isn't considered safe or for long term. I've been told to switch to Zofran. The upside is Zofran seems to have a fairly good rating. I never suffered side effects from the Compazine."

blaze22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Very bad side effects. Given by IV in the emergency room for severe migraine. Jaw clenching, agitation, loss of appetite, groggy, incessent urination (with a fowl smell). Side effects lasted for a week after administration."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2015

For Anxiety: "Quickly calmed me down and got rid of nausea caused by anxiety but the sleepiness it caused me to experience made me very stressed out about being unable to do what I needed to get done."

Laura Maton (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2015