User Reviews for Prochlorperazine

Nausea/Vomiting
3.8

Summary of Prochlorperazine reviews 3.8 174 reviews

Reviews for Prochlorperazine

For Not Listed / Other: "Given prochlorperazine for vertigo, the worst time of my life my legs were shaking so badly, I came off it within 2 days. Vertigo is still with me but no bad shaking."

Pepe June 6, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Went to hospital today because I was suffering from vertigo and nausea. They gave me this medication to stop that and instead I had the worst ever panic attack and could not stop shaking. Felt like I was about to jump out of my own body and just all round a very disgusting feeling of not being able to sit still. Thankfully went to another hospital that gave me an antidote against this. Felt better almost immediately and fell asleep. Still feeling a little jittery at the moment but not as bad as before, which is good. But I wouldn't recommend this. Ask the hospital for a different drug to treat you, this was the worst experience of my life."

Ggygg (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Went to ER for a migraine I could not control. Was given compazine by IV. Instantly felt like I was crawling out of my skin couldn't sit still. Went home and a few hours later ended back at the ER due to uncontrollable body movements. When I got there the doctor told me it was dystonia, which is a side effect reaction from the medication compazine which is unrerversible. It has been almost 7 months since this day and I still have uncontrollable muscle movements and severe anxiety. Please do not take this drug my life has been hell ever since."

Klauren (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given prochlorperazine for a 3 day long intractable migraine and associated nausea in the ER and it was the worst thing that I've ever experienced. The Dr had ordered a CT because of the severity of my symptoms, and I was waiting to go have it done when they gave me the migraine cocktail containing compazine, and my reaction to it was that I was so panicked and convinced that I was going to die, that I ripped out my IV and left the ER. Thankfully I have a regular Dr whom I told about this and he noted in my charts that I'm not to be given it again. Not only does it make me feel like I'm dying, it doesn't do a darn thing for my nausea."

Magpie17 (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I took prochlorperazine medication for sea sickness and had no idea about the side effects . Since I have had this medication I have felt the worst anxiety, fearful , tired , depressed , feeling like I want to just be knocked out and make it all go away . Having severe nightmares followed by shaking and panic attacks and terrible thoughts . I really wish I read these reviews first . I took some temazapam last night to relax but it's not really doing anything . If anyone could make any suggestions that could help . I would appreciate it so much ."

Not happy (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I had seizures after taking this medicine and in ICU for 4 days followed by weeks in hospital. I was only prescribed prochlorperazine for having nausea. Please do not take it and get a second opinion wherever possible!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "It is absolutely horrible I went into the ER yesterday with a bad headache on one side they wanted to give me some cocktail with included compazine and Benadryl combined I said no, I should have done my research on compazine prior to getting it intravenously the worst mistake of my life I had shakes anxiety which I don't have the worst dry mouth of my life that I almost choked on my sugar pill I felt like it had been out in the desert for a year I could not keep my mouth moist fast enough. It has been almost 24 hours and I'm still not back to 100 percent yet. That drug is toxic I would never I don't care how much pain I'm in ever take that drug."

Patty (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I usually, but infrequently, take a dose of 2 'Buccastem' tablets, (placed high in between my upper lip and gum) containing 1.85mg of prochlorperazine each, in order to treat nausea (as well as migraine, if accompanying nausea). This invariably completely removes my nausea and migraine symptoms, enabling to get on with my plans for the day without any negative side effects. However, it reliably gives rise in me the pleasant side effects of calmness. I'm surprised to read its catastrophic reports on this forum. "

Jesus victory over Satan (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "I wish there was the option to rate this drug a zero. Compazine is hands down THE WORST MEDICATION I have EVER had. They gave me this in the ER with tordol for a migraine after asking them please don’t try something new because I know what works and doesn’t. The Doctor didn’t care or listen and gave this to me. I will try and best explain how it made me feel: I have never been so afraid in all my life. I felt like I was going to die and my mom had to keep telling me I was ok. My heart rate shot way up and I felt like I was coming out of my skin and being buried alive all while not being able to move .I felt like I couldn’t breathe like something was suffocating me. I kept asking my mom to pray for me right then and there because I didn’t want to die but was certain I was going to. I didn’t want them to give me anything else because I was so fearful for my life. This drug should be taken off the market and banned"

Kate May 9, 2019

For Anxiety: "I was given this when I went to ER and RIGHT AWAY is caused panic attack. Very dangerous!!! Been a week and still get reoccurring panic attacks since"

DD (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "So glad after reading these reviews that I didn’t take the medicine prescribed. Already feeling anxious and having panic attacks with the labrynthitis besides adding the medicine on top. Thank you everyone so glad I did a computer search"

Shayl (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "Went to the ER with a headache and was give an IV with Benadryl and compazine. IMMEDIATELY I began to have a panic attack. The only way I can describe it is like being buried alive. I was so tired but coming out of my skin. Worst feeling of my life and now going to the hospital and regular routine appointments give me anxiety. I’m afraid of getting shots and taking medicines. My life has not been the same since getting that IV. I don’t understand how this drug could be used to treat anxiety."

Dkb (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "I was given Compazine in the hospital along with Toradol. I have been to ER many many times for migraines and they wouldn't listen to me, I usually get Toradol and a just a tiny bit of morphine. The doctor said no and gave me this combo. That was two years ago and ever since I have had to be on multiple medications from the severe side effects I had. I ran out of the hospital, complete panic stricken, horrible thoughts, dread, doom you name it. I am not taking several pills a day all because of one single dose of Compazine. I can not get any lawyers that will handle my case because its against the drug company. Awful awful drug."

cruise April 22, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was fine the first 24 hours after my benadryl and compazine injection for a severe migraine but now 3 days later I've been experiencing severe dystonia in my neck, back and right arm. My hand was clenched in a tight fist all day and I couldn't move it. Not only that but Compzine made me hallucinate. I was hearing and seeing things and thinking very negative thoughts. Never ever will I take this medication again."

Lovingocean92 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "It’s so sad that these doctors don’t care about us like they should. I went to the ER today because I was having debilitating pressure in the middle of my head now I was already messed up when I got there, and I already suffer from severe anxiety and then they turned around and gave me Compazine in my IV. I literally I felt like I was dying, I could not be still, I could not sit down, I didn’t know what to do, my body almost couldn’t handle this medication and the reason for giving this was because I had a headache. No... people, please do not ever take this drug at all it dose not help you it hurts you. I’m still sleepy from taking this and it was 10am now it’s 9pm where I am. Do not take this drug,"

Asia (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given a migraine cocktail that had compazine included in it. THIS MEDICATION MADE MY SYMTOMS A MILLION TIMES WORSE! I started with my heart pounding and a severe anxious feeling immediately. I was given this med thru an IV. It literally felt like an instant panic attack. It's been 4 days now and I still am having spontaneous bouts of anxiety due to this medication. The half life is 24 hours with this med and it's been well over 96 hours since I was administered it and I'm still experiencing side effects. I also got low blood pressure which gave me cold sweats, disorientation and I was freezing. My only relief was from hot baths which made my blood pressure go up some. I also had dissociation, as if I wasn't even myself, from this medication. I can not stress enough how awful this medication is and it should NOT be used as nausea relief unless it's for EXTREME circumstances. This medication is used in people with schizophrenia! I am still not myself days after and its miserable."

Uslessmeds April 6, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Given intravenously when zofran wasn’t working for severe nausea. Caused me to have an insane panic attack, didn’t know where I was, wanted to escape... it was insane."

Bby713 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I thought I had the flu so I went to the ER to get tested. It came back negative but since I had a migraine they gave me a “headache cocktail “ which my sister had a bad reaction to but I had forgotten (after all I had a migraine and couldn't think straight). I got the IV meds and one of them was Compazine.....the awful liquid itself. Immediately I had trouble getting comfortable and my throat felt like I had a shrunken airway but the doctors said it was just anxiety. So it’s 4 in the morning and I’m stumbling around the hospital waiting for my prescription and my step dad to come pick me up and I’m falling asleep any time I sit down. As soon as I got home I fell into bed and couldn’t sleep unless my legs were writhing around. Then I slept off and on for almost 20 hours. I sweated most of the medication out thank goodness but I’ve never had anything like it happen before. I was by myself and was terrified. Why is this medication even still given?!?!"

Cat (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "This medication gave me the worst thoughts of suicide, fear and anxiety. My mother had to sleep with me for a week after so I wouldn’t cry due to being alone in my thoughts. This medication should be avoided AT ALL COST. REFUSE THIS MEDICATION"

Shel (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've had three OHS (open heart surgery) so I've had my fair share of IV medicine. NOTHING, and I repeat, absolutely nothing I have taken has made me feel as awful as this did. Five minutes after receiving the dose of compazine I started getting restless, like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. I complained about how uncomfortable I truly was, and the doctor just said oh yeah, that happens. Please don't take this, it may have helped my pain. But here I am 19 hours later still feeling like complete garbage. I honestly wish I would have read these reviews first."

Kaderade (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "Do not touch prochlorperazine!!!! Given to me by A&E to help with vertigo and ringing in my ears. I felt like I was going to die once this had been taken.. anxiety shot through the roof. Sounds were scaring me. I could hear voices in my head. My vertigo went worse. I couldn't think, I couldn't feel emotion. I couldn't sleep. Thought I was going mental. Had a break down and cried. Family member told me to take more of this drug as it will help.. it was only when I stopped taking it did I feel normal again. It just clicked I would be sitting there and bang, I would just come back. It was like a bad trip over and over again. It has withdrawal symptoms as well making it even harder to come off. You get worse when it wears off so people around you will think the tablets helped so they give you more - wrong move, that's just the drug coming out your system and your body craving for it. I actually now know how mental patients feel."

Lainey87 March 26, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER last night with nausea and vomiting. I was given zofran, but it had soon worn off. I told the doctor and he said he would give me something else. The nurse came in with the compazine. She gave it to me through my IV. Within minutes I started to feel really jittery and restless! I started to become anxious and fidgety, and I wanted to rip my IV out of my arm. The medicine worked for the nausea, but it's definitely not worth the side effects! It was the worst feeling ever!!! It has been 21 hours since and I still don't feel right. The symptoms have calmed down a lot but I'm still not 100%."

Pooh (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "26 years ago I was prescribed this for vomiting and soon after I took it at home I had a stroke (at 22 years old) You can imagine the trauma I went through. I was home alone with my infant when it happened. I lost all control of the right side of my body. I could barely speak. I got to a phone in the house (no cellphone back then 26 years ago) and called my sister who lived closest to me. She couldn’t make out what I was saying until I started crying, then she realized I was in danger So she rushed over and got me to the nearby hospital. By the that time I was also beginning to swallow my tongue. I thought I was gonna die. I apparently passed out and when I came to I was hooked up to things, I was feeling much better from whatever they did for me, and had told me I had a stroke. Because of how young I was there wasn’t too much permanent damage. My right side of my face is still slightly lower or droopy than the other side from the incident but my brain is ok. Scary!"

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for : "I went to the ER with a spinal headache after a lumbar puncture. This medication was given with Benadryl and it made me flip out. As the nurse gave me compazine, I felt my ability to speak leave my body, and I couldn’t keep my mind on track. At first it was great and really knocked the headache back. Then, the crazies started. I was tossing and turning, I couldn’t get comfortable. I felt like I wanted to run naked down the halls screaming. I started to panic and ended up sending my mom to get the doctor. It was this fear of panic and dread, all I could think was how long it would last. Initially I refused any more medications because I was so scared. They ended up adding Cogentin after talking me down, which knocked me out because I was so upset. Not a great experience."

Khern (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER when I was experiencing headaches and vomiting due to a new medication I was put on. The doctors gave me compazine, toradol and Benadryl through my IV. After a few minutes I experienced the worst feelings of my life. I was thrown into a huge panic attack, I couldn't sit still, my heart rate rose to over 130. I had to stay in the hospital for 5 extra hours just to get my heart rate to return to normal. It took 24+ hours for the initial panic feeling to go away and now going on 48 hours my head still feels all foggy and I get dizzy when I stand up for long periods of time. I hope I return to normal soon and I would not recommend this medication to anyone!!"

Liv (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2019