User Reviews for Prochlorperazine systemic

Nausea/Vomiting
4.2

Summary of Prochlorperazine reviews 4.3 137 reviews

Reviews for Prochlorperazine

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Background info: I have a long medical history of generalized anxiety disorder & panic attacks. This medication caused THE WORST mental AND physical distress I’ve experienced in my entire life. I am not exaggerating; this was beyond any panic attack I’ve ever had, almost to the point that “panic” doesn’t suffice to explain what I felt. Every muscle in my body was tense & cramped, to the point that I wanted to crawl out of my skin. My stomach was clenched, & despite this being an anti-emetic, I felt like vomiting. I could not sit still or get comfortable, & ended up pacing like a lunatic for hours. I felt horribly self-conscious & emotionally distraught, & truly wished that these terrible feelings would end. PLEASE, stay far away from this medication!! Even if you’re not an anxious person, don’t risk it. I’ve been through some horrible things in my life, but the feelings that Compazine caused me are very near the top of the list."

sadsally January 19, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "This and haldol makes me fell crazy"

Selina (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this medication through an IV for a severe migraine. I had a horrible reaction to it. I went crazy and had suicidal thoughts. I was acting psychotic it was so scary. They immediately gave me benadryl to counteract the reaction. Anyone else have this reaction?"

Pixie (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "I went in for severe migraine. They never told me the side affects. After 15 mins of it I thought I was going to jump out of my skin. I was nervous scared. I had to call my mom crying to come get me out of there. I took my blood pressure cuff of and kept walking to the bathroom and just trying to pace. I had no idea it was the medicine until before I left. I asked what was wrong with me. They told me it was normal affects from this drug. For 24 hours I had to take 2 Benadryl every 4 hours to keep me knocked out because my heart was racing soooo hard and thought something was going to happen to me. It’s been 36 hours and I still have anxiety. This stuff should not be given to anyone. It’s HORRRRRRIBLE!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Went to the ER for a severe migraine...they gave me compazine and benadryl. 20 min later I was in a severe panic...ripping my IV's out. Calling out to the nurse saying I was leaving!! They had to give me more benadryl to reverse it. I left the hospital feeling worse than I did when I went in!! Horrible experience!"

Damom January 2, 2019

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "So I was given this in an ER to treat status migranosus and it made me go insane. I couldn’t sit still, I wanted to leave. More than wanted, I NEEDED to leave. I couldn’t stand it. I wanted to rip out my IV but I didn’t. I bit as hard as I could into my arm until I broke the skin, that’s how crazy I went. I had to tell the nurse that it was a “love bite” so they didn’t lock me up for self-harm. They subsequently gave me some Ativan and Benadryl to calm me down and that fixed the problem. Well after a few doses anyway. I will NEVER touch Compazine ever again."

Redphyre (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have been taking this drug for a few weeks with zero side effects. It helps my stomach and I have never experienced any side effects."

RM (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I occasionally suffer from Vertigo and the dizziness and sickness associated with it. I was prescribed 5mg oral prochlorperazine maleate at the dose of up to 3 tablets per day with 42 in the total course. The effect on dizziness is quick to resolve, sickness however actually got worse and the constipation was also pretty severe however those are both relatively easy to deal with once the dizziness was dealt with."

JT (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

For Anxiety: "I went to emergency with a migraine and had stemetil aka prochlorperazine, after only receiving half of the IV I was so bad I felt the urge to jump out of my skin, the anxiety was more then horrendous the need to want to take my own life was huge ! I can’t explain the feeling or what it did to me, I was then sedated and it still only took away the feeling slightly. It’s now day three and I feel better but still not 100%"

Anonymous December 5, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "Was given this medicine through an IV with a cocktail of other drugs to treat my headache because I got a concussion and was in the ER. Gave me a severe panic attack, I woke up crying and wailing around wanting to rip the IV out of my arm. I could not sleep, felt as if I was suffocating and could not breathe or get enough air. That night I went home I could not sleep without severe anxiety and my heart racing like crazy. Still felt as if I could not breathe. Woke up this morning and felt the same but not as severe. could not sit still and felt extremely restless or do anything normal and have been looking up to see if these symptoms are normal and am not surprised to see that many other people experience this too with compazine. I don't know when I will go back to normal but STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRUG."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for : "I went to the ER for a migraine and was given this medication combined with benadryl. It basically induced a panic attack and I felt as if I couldn't breathe properly. It was awful especially as I wasn't anxious about being in the ER, but after taking compazine I just wanted to leave."

Ruth (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "My mother had a colonoscopy and had a vocal chord spasm which caused her to cough during it. They gave her some medicine (don't remember the name) to help dry up her secretions and calm down the coughing. This made her chest tight, painful, and made her feel nauseous after she got home. I took her to the ER, she is allergic to Reglan, so they gave her a mix of benadryl and compazine for nausea. Within 5 minutes she was jittering around and felt like she wanted to rip her IVs out and run home. Her anxiety skyrocketed and her heart rate went up to 154 bpms. It wasn't until they gave her Ativan that her heart rate went down and she was able to calm down. We got sent home & she was still anxious and fidgeting around for about 4 hours until she finally fell asleep. She woke up and still felt a little anxious & fidgety but not near as bad as last night. One of the worst experiences she & I have ever had and she is going to have it put as she is allergic so she never has to be through it again."

anonymous November 29, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I use for Labyrinthitis - an inner ear disorder that causes dizziness and nausea. This is a 10/10"

Maya (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "Had the worst effect ever! I went to the hospital for a wild and scary migraine that affected my right eye. They put the medication through the IV and after 15 minutes I started feeling this discomfort. It was really scary. I wanted to rip off the IV and run home. They did not even tell me about the side effect of this medication, which is sooooo bad. I had the worst night ever as I had a panic attack and felt out of this world. Would NOT recommend this medicine to anybody. I had to go back to the ER to know what type of medicine they gave me."

Anonymous November 26, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Had this for nausea, the reaction to it was delayed so it took a long time to figure out what was causing the violent reactions, I was finally told it was all psychosomatic aka all in my head ! Would get muscle spasms started in the left arm then traveled to my face and jaw, if I could catch it fast enough I could put a towel between my teeth but did thousands of dollars of damage with breaking off teeth !! After it subsided my whole face looked crooked and my jaw did not line up right for days. Highly dangerous stuff."

MrsMack (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've taken Compazine several separate times over the years. It always works well for me (when Zofran isn't enough) and I've not had any of the bad side effects others mention. It works for nausea as well as irresolvable headache (with Benadryl). I feel bad for people who have such awful side effects. I get it; I have awful reactions to any opioid pain reliever which makes surgery a real problem."

headache girl (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "I went in to ER for a migraine and was given this. Immediately a rash developed on my arm and I felt like I was going crazy! I felt as if someone was trying to kill me and I had to get out of that room! I NEVER had anxiety in my life. Didn’t realize that is what caused it until my 2nd ER visit months later the same thing happened. Did some research and spoke to my Dr and was told it was the compazine! It is now listed as an allergy in my chart. I felt like I was full blown psychotic! Lasted for a couple of days until I felt normal again. This med should be recalled!"

Scottcampers (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I'm just getting this medicine for a headache cocktail. And let me tell you I wanted to jump out of my own skin I have never felt anything like it it was absolutely horrible do not let them give you this medicine especially if you have anxiety which I have and they knew that because I told them absolutely horrible like your legs have bugs all in them and they're just crawling everywhere never ever again!!!!"

Babyjgirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "Horrible drug I woke up one morning feeling dizzy and nauseous, went to the doctor they explained I had vertigo. The doctor did a neck test on me then the nurse administer the prochlorperazine into my IV. Five minute after I felt the room closing in on my and felt completely restless and irritable, felt like I was going crazy, I told my partner to tell the nurse what I was feeling. She came to me and said that it was a common side affect to feel “loopy” however this is way worse than loopy it almost made me feel suicidal I kept sleeping and sleeping to get over the feeling but it’s still there it’s only been about 7 hours since I was administered this drug and reading up about it really made me feel better because I thought I was losing it. From what I read about the side effects easing up I guess I have about 48 more hours to go until I feel completely normal. I never want to feel like this again!"

Shay (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Worked well for getting rid of the nausea, however, the side effects were horrible. I felt jittery, anxious and drowsy. The drowsiness only lasted a day but the anxiety this drug gave me was horrible. I felt like a zombie for 2 days and I couldn't manage to focus or sit still at all. I would rather experience nausea than the side effects of this drug. I would not recommend this to anyone. One of the worst experiences of my life."

Diaz (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Anxiety: "Given this by GP for nausea after getting sinusitis. Helped initially with feeling sick. However after day three became very tired. Forgot to take a dose and developed serious anxiety attacks. My muscles were aching, my vision was blurred and had to take a few days off work. Revisited GP who says I need to wean myself off it. Be very careful with dosage with this one. Maybe consider sea sickness tablets as opposed to this drug. It's been a very uncomfortable couple of days"

Dazz1978 (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Experiencing all the horror stories I've read so far, still experiencing them since yesterday. When does this go away. I took 3 doses orally."

DD (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Reading all the posts make me feel less crazy. I highly advice everyone to not take this medication. I have anxiety and I have panic attacks, so I thought it was just me but I have never had one come on so terribly for no reason. Then I realized it was the medication. I was given that with benadryl through an IV. Within 30 minutes I was restless. I panicked. I had an overwhelming feeling to rip out my IV and run. I wanted to be home. I was crying hysterically begging to go home. My teeth wouldn't stop chattering and I couldn't stop wiggling around. It was a very bad and overwhelming experience. The practitioner then let us know that can happen with this medication. I also learned it's for anxiety and schizophrenia but I don't understand how when it makes you feel so very upset and out of body. I will never take this again."

Tabitha (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER with a migraine and nausea/vomiting. I saw the doctor and then the nurse brought a medication into my room, Compazine. Then they wheeled me over to get a CT scan. That’s when things went all bad. Sitting there, in the hallway on the gurney I began having this overwhelming feeling of anxiety/panic! The problem was, my body felt like I couldn’t move, like there was a disconnect from my mind and my body. After the CT scan I was back in the room. All I could think about was when I can get out of that ED and when those feelings of anxiety would stop! It was literally, the worst feeling in the world, so hard to describe, but I have never felt so uncomfortable and anxious, yet unable to do anything about it. I wanted to rip out my IV and run out of the ASAP! It took an entire 3 DAYS before I started to feel “normal” again! It was torture. Worst experience. Never, ever take Compazine if you can avoid it. I now have Compazine listed as an allergy."

Anonymous August 27, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "When to the ER for migraine and Lyme Disease joint pain. I was given Compazine and immediately had a dystonic reaction!! My whole jaw locked up and my body was twitching and restless legs. The Dr ordered Benadryl stat and eventually the symptoms slowed down. They kept me overnight due to the reaction I had. I will never ever have this drug again. Everywhere I go I say I’m highly allergic to Compazine (prochlorperazine). Be careful with this drug."

Anonymous August 17, 2018