User Reviews for Prochlorperazine

Also known as: Compazine, Compazine Spansule, Compro, Procot

Learn more about Prochlorperazine.

Anxiety 5 reviews 63 medications

5.5
Nausea/Vomiting 61 reviews 160 medications

5.5
Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications

Summary of Prochlorperazine reviews 67 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Prochlorperazine

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I actually felt these made me worse if anything, I had the shakes after I took them and felt as sick if not more."

itslaurendotcom December 16, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "Went to the ER for a headache along with depression and was given compazine threw an IV an has been feeling detached from reality every since last year of november anybody else feels this way after taking this medicine and what do I need to do to get back to NORMAL all I do is cry and wonder why the doctors didnt warn me before taking this "

Jessica6654 December 5, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "They gave me this medication via IV in the ER for a very intense migraine and extreme nausea, I would never recommend this medication to anyone ever, the second it was pushed through, I started having an extreme panic attack, something like I have never felt before, like a huge wave of doom rushed over me, I started freaking out so badly I almost ripped my IV out and ran away, it was so traumatizing to me that they pushed a big dose of Ativan though my IV just to knock me out, I truly thought I was dying... And after all that it felt like my skin was crawling for a good 32 hours. No, thank you. Never again will allow this in my body."

Never. Again. (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed this drug to take along with Relpax for my severe migraines, which are often accompanied by terrible nausea. Within an hour after taking it, I began feeling horribly anxious, afraid, panicked and with a sense of impending doom. I couldn't sit still, and yet I felt groggy. I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin and worried that I was losing my mind. Sleeping was impossible, yet being awake was miserable. I couldn't concentrate, couldn't work and distract myself. A doctor finally prescribed an anti-anxiety medication, Klonopin, which eased the symptoms. But I felt this way for over 48 hours."

Migraineuse (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I had been suffering from severe nausea and vomiting on and off including migraine, fever and flank pain. It was my second time in the ER so they gave me compazine and I'd never had it, it relieved my nausea and migraine but I started feeling so restless I was freaking out, like I wanted to rip out my iv and leave and run away. Then they told me it's a side effect and I already suffered from severe anxiety it made it 1000x worse. I had the worst time trying to sleep, then had the weirdest dreams of my life. They gave me Morphine shortly after which calmed me a little and took the rest of my pain away but I was hoping it'd honestly put me out. 24hrs layer and I still feel that restlessness in my body but it's so much better than it was."

Ahri (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "Had this in a "headache cocktail" last night when I went into ER for an intense migraine with garbled speech. NEVER again. I have never appreciated a headache more because by comparison it was so much better than the side effects of Compazine. It made me a crazy person in full blown panic attack mode. I was trying to pull out the IV and run away. I felt doom and dread and mental anguish. I was yelling and just trying to figure out a way to kill myself (literally) if the mental pain and confusion didn't stop soon. Luckily the terror didn't last long because three nurses came in and gave me more benedryl which counteracted or at least knocked me out. I am a bit traumatized by the experience but feel alot better today."

tinapeeps (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "On a early Sunday morning about 4am had dizziness then could not get out of bed for about 2 hours zero gravity. After day times was not to bad but like being drunk. But as soon as I put my head down to rest would be 100 times whose. Went to doctors on the Wednesday was given prochlorperazine. Took for 3 days. First day felt very tense. Keep telling myself must be a panic attack. Last night on tablets thought I was a gonna. body trembling all over. Very bad pain foot. Never been so tense in all my life."

Crazysteps October 16, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER a couple weeks ago with a severe migraine, I normally take Fiorcet for a preventative so I don't get them, it didn't work this time and I ended up in the ER, they gave me Benadryl, Toradol and the dreaded Compazine via IV, I've never had Compazine before in my life and my expericance was so awful, about 5 minutes after it was administered I had a full blown panic attack and thought I was going to die, I almost ripped my IV out and wanted to run out, I cried to my nurse how scared I was, Dr ordered a big dose of Ativan and completely knocked me out, the next 24 hours after I was in a complete haze and out of it. I would NEVER recommend this drug ever..."

Youbuyownnoodlepls (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Had a severe allergic reaction to compazine which was given to me to treat nausea, unable to breathe, throat closed had to be rushed to hospital. and it didn't stop the vomiting"

1750babs (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "The absolute worst experience with an antiemetic I have ever had. I literally panicked in the hospital to the point I almost pulled my iv out. Zofran stopped working for my hyperemesis gravidum...but I would rather live with nausea vomiting day in and out then feel the uncontrolled anxiety and restlessness I felt with compazine!"

Horrible (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "THIS DRUG IS HELL!!!! I went to the ER because I was extremely dehydrated and feeling nausea and had a migraine. I had the CRAZIEST ANXIETY of my LIFE that lasted for 24hrs, and the worst part is that I'm prone to having anxiety panics from this moment. It took me a few years to be able to talk about about without having body memory of how horrible it was. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS."

whaaaat? September 14, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have IBS along side Colitis and also have had regular pure Chronic Nausea since I was a young teen and I'm 34 now and still have the problems. I pretty much have all the basic nausea meds so when one isn't working I have others I can fall back on. But the 2 that are the most potent are Zofran and Compazine. And out of those 2 the most potent for me is still the generic Compazine, even after all these years of taking it. The only downside is its a fairly old antipsychotic which means it comes with some fairly rough side effects sometimes. There have been a couple times I've gotten the side effect of Dystonic effects with are horrible to go through. So now when I take my Compazine I take it with 50mg of Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)."

NW49ERSFAN1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 22, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Terrible drug. Was given morphine through IV pump while in the hospital for a broken femur and it made me extremely sick with nausea & vomiting. I was given compazine and immediately had a bad reaction. I felt like my skin was on fire and began hallucinating that I saw demons crawling on the ceiling. I have no history of any kind of mental illness. The nurses were completely disgusted with me pleading for help and ignored me. I suffered through 6 hours of hell before it finally wore off enough so I could sleep. I rather vomit than go through that again!!"

Logama August 18, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was taking zofran for years for severe nausea. During a hospital stay I was given Reglan and had horrible hallucinations and my skin was crawling like some people in the reviews had with Prochlorperazine. However Zofran stopped working for me during the last bout of nausea so my doc gave me Prochlorperazine which helped tremendously and thankfully I had no side effects."

Nana Dee August 2, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've been taking Compazine for years for nausea due to stomach problems. I have never had any side effects and it completely gets rid of my nausea. Best antiemetic for me."

Ladyjane12345 July 22, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "If i could rate this lower than a 1 I would. Worst. Experience. Of my life. I had severe nausea from a dental infection in the hospital and the doctors gave me compazine through IV. I don't even know when this happened but I had a crazy out of body experience. I saw myself laying in my bed and had NO idea where I was. I thought I was in Arizona at first at a hotel and then freaked out because I had no clue who the people in the room were (my parents, my regular nurses). The room spun and then I vomited everywhere. It was horrifying. I was nauseous for about twelve more hours and then had hallucinations. I saw people walking in and out of my hospital room that I knew damn well weren't real or there.DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG."

mmmmmmmmMmmmmmmmm July 11, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER for stomach pains and nausea. I am allergic to so many pain medicines that there is little I can take. They gave me compazine and as they put it in my iv they told me it could cause severe anxiety in some people. Well I can tell you now, it was horrific. I have had one major panic attack in my life and this was 20 times worse. I started pulling off my clothes and ripped the iv out. They had to give me a big dose of Benedryl to "reverse" the effects. Please please think twice and consider other choices before taking this!"

SPha May 28, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I took this for my extreme amount of nausea causing anxiety. It did wonders for my nausea! It was wonderful and like a miracle. Until the 3rd time I took it... I had the worst experience of my life. My jaw got locked and stuck to one side, my eyes got locked looking upwards and I couldn't move them, my jaw felt as if it was trying to break itself and was so painful . I ended up sticking my finger down my throat to make myself vomit up the drug. It continued to lock my jaw up off and on for the next 48 hours. Never again. Be careful of the side effects. Worked wonders for my nausea and vomiting, but I would rather be throwing up than experiences those side effects"

Hannah36910 May 19, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this through an IV in the ER. I had terrible nausea and Zofran didn't touch it. Even though compazine did take my nausea away, it left me incredibly groggy yet restless. I spent the entire rest of the day in a haze. I've never abused drugs but I would imagine this is how you would feel when coming off of some sort of high yet it lasts all day long. I kept feeling angry and anxious as well. I would much rather have nausea and will never take this medicine again!"

Jennna May 9, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this medication to help with the side effects of Chemo and radiation and it was ok the first day but as the days went on I began to feel irritated groggy and EXTREMELY restless but I was really tired like super tired. It kept me so drained that I slept for 22 hours! Almost all the side effects mentioned above (or below) I experienced them too. I will NEVER take this again! I rather be nauseous!!"

HunnieBunz May 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This is an amazing drug for nausea, this gives me no side effects and takes the feeling of nausea away amazingly."

Jonnnnn March 22, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Went to the ER twice with a severe migraine, both times given Compazine. It definitely helps with relieving the pain but the side effects out weigh it for me. Felt like my skin was crawling, restlessness, skin rash, dry mouth, anxiety (triggered a panic attack both times), brought up a lot of bad thoughts of how I was dying. Long term, rebound headache, insomnia, loss of appetite. Also had it with Benadryl once and that scared me."

saaaaaaaam February 21, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed this by my doctor to treat the nausea I was experiencing due to Gastritis. I woke myself up screaming, crying and sweating with night terrors. Each time I went back to sleep the nightmare would continue where it left off. When I got out of bed I found myself getting really upset, crying and pacing the floor. Certainly won't be taking this again!"

Seon20 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given Compazine during in-patient chemo treatment in 1999 (as a cheaper anti-nausea med., as I was on Medicaid). The Drs. said it 'may' cause agitation/work poorly for younger people (I was 25 at the time). The agitation & horrible feelings were immediate. It got so bad I ended up just twitching, crying & moaning into my pillow. My skin was crawling, I was flooded with anxiety/panic. I COULD NOT lay/sit still. Next chemo treatment was the same, so I never asked for/took it again. I'd rather have gone without anti-nausea meds than go thru that again. I later found one of the night Drs. who was sympathetic & I got samples of the good (modern) anti-nausea meds. No akathisia at all."

Jen1515 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've been suffering from IBS for years and compazine is the only medicine that gets rid of nausea. I've never had any side effects, which is fabulous. I am tired all the time but it beats nausea!"

Fantastic Mrs J January 10, 2016