User Reviews for Prochlorperazine

Anxiety 2.4
Summary of Prochlorperazine reviews 3.1 270 reviews

Reviews for Prochlorperazine

CMTaf · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Went to the ER with suspected gallbladder issues. Was given prochlorperazine in my IV and within 5 seconds, my heart rate shot up to 185. I was given benadryl and saline immediately to flush it out and I haven’t been right for weeks since. Avoid at all costs.”

Haysherrie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Been taking these prochlorperazine for vertigo to stop me from being sick. Since taking these I have had side effects of an increase of anxiety, intrusive thoughts and suicidal thoughts. Still on them for the time being until I can see a doctor to change meds but am very aware that these are creating the suicidal and anxious thoughts as it's only when I'm taking these that these thoughts are happening, would not recommend if there is an alternative medication available. Effective for stopping vomiting but not a good medication if you have anxiety or depression. Be aware that it can worsen them.”

NuseNoName · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2020

For Anxiety: “So.. I suffer real bad with anxiety. And I mean real bad. The smallest change/bad thought can set off horrific nausea and vomiting at any given moment. (I’m a Prison nurse so this doesn’t work well in my favour at all). The only thing that worked for me was “ prochlorperazine 3mg buccal tablets” prescribed by my GP. I CANNOT EXPRESS WHAT A BREATH OF FRESH AIR THESE ARE!!! My anxiety can last days/weeks at a time causing massive weight loss. Within an hour of taking these, my nausea vomiting and any anxious thoughts are gone. These may not work for everyone, but for me at 27 years old, I’ve finally found my medication!!!”

Blood clot · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: “Horrible compazine experience. It was intended for a headache and gave me a full on panic attack. The worst hour of my life”

Leigh · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: “Do not take this medicine!!! I was given compazine (stemetil) in an injection I immediately had anxiety and my heart rate went up so fast. It’s now day 3 I still have inner restlessness and severe anxiety. Symptoms of akathasia. I’m hoping to goes away soon I cannot sit still I feel tired but can’t sleep. This medicine should be banned!!!!!”

Katharine June 23, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: “took this for a migraine cycle and while it helped with the migraine. When the nurse gave it to me it made my heart race and it made me have the worst panic attack, I couldn’t stay still because my legs were restless and I was extremely hot and loopy I won’t take this again.”

Bri · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: “I ate some edibles that apparently had 300 mg of THC (yeah terrible) I had a bad trip from it and suffered from an anxiety attack. The rest of that week I was sleep deprived and had tremors, also my head was hurting but it felt like it was in my brain. I went to the ER and they gave me the headache cocktail with Topane and Benadryl. That entire day was bad, I wanting to scratch through a wall and scratch off my face. I couldn't sit still without feeling all kinds of weird nerves throughout my body. It has been 3 days and I feel like myself somewhat now. However, I have this weird tingling sensation in my brain whenever I fall asleep or wake up. 1/10 would not recommend. And yes, I also suffered anxiety.. I couldn't drive for the first 3 days without being scared nor could I sleep alone or even be alone.”

Sally · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2020

For Anxiety: “I was given this medication prochlorperazine yesterday afternoon through IV. Supposedly for nausea I didn't even have. About 10 mins after the drip finished I started getting anxious, got home couldn't sleep as my legs were so stiff and I felt so restless. Now all this morning I'm all jittery and my head feels awful like it's working overtime and my anxiety is unbearable. Anyone know how to flush this out of my system cause I can't cope and I'm struggling to get my kids organised, and luckily I took the rest of the week off work cause I would not cope.”

Momma bear · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2020

For Anxiety: “I took it for vertigo and about to lose my mind severe restlessness had to be given another drug with took care of it foe 1 hour have to take Benadryl to help calm me down”

Kateo · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 7, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Psychosis: “Received IV for headache... within seconds heart rate spiked and raced. Panic attack and out of body experience!! Awful!!”

Lolo · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “This medication worked wonders for me. I took 10mg for massive migraine and nausea. After 5 days with the worse headache and nausea, this brought relief within 20 minutes. For me, my experience was amazing and saved me a trip to the ER during all of this COVID-19 madness.”

Slc_85 · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I suffered with Meniere’s and was given this medication prochlorperazine via my GP. Whilst on the medication I was fine. The problems began as soon as I stopped! I developed SEVERE anxiety and horrific panic attacks. Prior to taking prochlorperazine I never had panic attacks. The panic attacks would sometimes last from evening all throughout the night until morning. I’d never known such feelings of terror, dread, fear etc. I still suffer with mild anxiety and it’s been more than a year since cessation. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!”

Cat · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: “I should not have been given this drug in the emergency room. As soon as it was given, an extreme heat went through me. I immediately felt panicked, like the walls were closing in. I didn't feel like I was in my body. I kept begging for a reversal. I kept saying I was allergic. My skin felt like it needed to be taken off. I heard voices in my head and couldn't stop moving. I was crying and screaming for help. This medication made me feel like it was the end of me, like everyone was trying to hurt me. This "didn't" go away in an hour. It took days. I am still scared and frightened.”

Rita February 29, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I was given Compazine IV in the ER ( which I work at the hospital ) for a severe migraine. Not much later after I started getting horrible sensations in my head. And creepy crawly all over. Couldn't communicate. Couldn't walk straight. And NO ONE noticed this !!!!! I was too sick to even realize it was the Compazine at the time. I had no idea it is in the THORAZINE family !!!!! Now I'm marked as having an allergy to COMPAZINE. NIGHTMARE !!!!!!”

Kayleigh · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have anxiety but I was prescribed this medication for my vertigo and sickness problem I randomly have ATM and I’m so dizzy but after taking these I feel better. I then read that it can help with anxiety and my panic attacks have been so bad I just wanted them to stop. So I started taking the medication for anxiety and I haven't had an attack in 2 days really, but I’m reading all these reviews and now I’m scared to take it because of my panic attacks got worse I have no idea what I would do TBH. Not sure if I should carry on taking them if they give you permanent damage anxiety wise.”

Oxy-Alex · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: “(Male, 24) I have severe Crohn's disease and have been around the block a few times when it comes to nausea meds. At one point while admitted in the hospital, I was given Compazine intravenously to alleviate my nausea symptoms. After about 10 minutes or so, I started to experience a SEVERE panic attack. I was convulsing, I started to rip out my hair, and I no longer could speak words. Therefore I wasn't able to properly tell the nurse what was wrong with me. The physical sensations of panic and the illogical thought process I was experiencing were so powerful, that for a moment I considered taking my own life, just to make it stop. I endured this feeling for more than 15 minutes before the night Doctor was able to arrive and properly sedate me. That was one of the most traumatizing experiences of my life.. I literally wanted my life to be over.”

Anonymous February 9, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine): “ill never take that shit again never Once I got discharged from the hospital I could steal for me and have me drowsy and sleepy all day I cannot do anything but lay in my bed worst experience ever I will never do it again”

NoGutsNoGlory February 7, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I was given Demerol & Compazine to combat migraine & experienced severe agitation. The dr recognized phenothiazine-induced akathisia & countered it with Benadryl & Ativan. Years later I was, again, treated for HA. I double-checked the dr knew I couldn't take Compazine. He ordered chlorpromazine & Valium. Unfamiliar with the generic, I didn't realize it was Thorazine (in the same class as Compazine). Another bad reaction. I pulled the IV out, fled & paced at home for 15 hours. Surely, the dr knew I'd react negatively. A couple years later back to ER for the 1st time since the Thorazine. I explained my reactions in detail. This time I was given Reglan. Again, I ripped out the IV & was headed for the door when the nurse caught me. Repeated doses of an antidote worked. I learned, subsequently, it's common to react badly to Reglan if you reacted to Compazine. Either the dr was poorly informed or simply willing to risk my well-being. I've suffered at home in silence with ever since.”

Robert · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: “Just got out of the ER with my daughter. She got the "migraine cocktail" with Compazine as well. She became irritable at the hospital and just wanted to leave. They finally discharged her and she started feeling nauseous on way home. Has been vomiting for an hour now and full of anxiety. She's begging for it "to just stop." Nothing online for a counter agent. I am annoyed because my wife mentioned the drug gave her lock jaw as a child but the Dr said drug allergies/reactions are not hereditary. And he also never mentioned any side effects until we got home and called back to find out if she needed to return. It may work for some people but be wary. My family is no longer taking it. Two strikes and you are out.”

Hope January 31, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: “Was given this at the E.R about 4 months ago for gallbladder related nausea, had the worst panic attack I have ever experienced, tried to rip the I.V out of my arm and run out of the hospital, have had many extreme panic attacks since. I have had panic attacks before but never within 6 months of each other. I get them at least 10 times a month now. Wish I had never taken this medication.”

Joe · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Do not take this drug prochlorperazine !!! Very bad side effects and I don't understand how it is still on the market.”

Ellie · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: “10mg compazine Prescribed for hyperemesis gravidarum - completely sedates me to the point of almost-sudden unconciousness & DOES NOTHING FOR NAUSEA. Still puking 5-10 times a day.”

Iz · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Was prescribed this for ongoing condition of vertigo to help with the nausea. I took two pills and it gave me the worst anxiety I have ever experienced. It felt like I wasn’t even in my own body, I lost my appetite for about a week, my heart rate was through the roof and it was a struggle to breath properly. I’m only 20 years old and it took me a good month to recover fully from this drug. Whilst my vertigo had gone the next day, the side effects were so much worse than the original problem.”

Riah · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: “Gave me a horrible panic attack in the ER. I wanted to just scream. Everything was terrible.”

Tiffany · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: “It’s been 2 weeks and I am still feeling the terrible side effects (pacing, tremors, etc) For those of you that have posted previously, can you please provide updates on how long it took to feel like yourself again? I need some hope that this will go away. :(”