User Reviews for Prochlorperazine

Also known as: Compazine, Compazine Spansule, Compro, Procot

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Prochlorperazine.

Anxiety

Nausea/Vomiting
4.8

Summary of Prochlorperazine reviews 5.3 92 reviews

Reviews for Prochlorperazine

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was born with chronic pancreatitis and chronic migraines so vomiting is a for sure thing every time I visit the ER. I have never in my life been traumatized by a medication until this encounter. It is like we are their lab rats, you feel helpless, insane, delusional, 51-50, a psychopath. You literally feel trapped inside your body if that makes any sense. I try to hold my composure off this medication because it literally makes you crazy. It should be illegal for them to give inject you with it without a warning on the side effects. You feel so weird for 3 days, it’s as if your innocence has been robbed from you, a form of violation."

Silverio (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this for nausea that could not be helped with zofran. I take it on a as needed bases or when the zofran won't work. I have a lot of stomach issues and I can say this stuff definitely helps. It does make me a little sleep but I'll take that any day over feeling sick and throwing up. The down side is the restless side effect. I feel like I have to keep moving unless I somehow manage to fall asleep. Then I am knocked out. Sometimes I take valium or benadryl to combat the feeling. But that leaves me groggy and unable to function"

Anonymous December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER with nausea, they gave me compazine immediately I felt hot and restless . I freaked out they moved me from the hallway to a room where I became restless and angry . My jaw locked up and I was shaking uncontrollably, my heart raced and I felt like I was gonna die. My symptoms lessened after about 8hrs where I slept off and on. I went to a different ER and they gave me a small dose of Ativan but it didn’t make me feel any better. The next day I still feel panicky and my heart feels weird and the shaking comes and goes also have horrible diarrhea. Worst experience of my life."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER with sunstroke. I was vomiting, a massive headache and stomach pain. I became quite out of it and was moaning and in and out of consciousness. My mum called an ambulance and they gave me a needle with a nausea medication (I can't remember the name) but it worked well and the nausea started the disappear but I was so exhausted I was still out of it. Once I got to the hospital the ambulance men told the doctors what they gave me but the nurse still decided to give me something else. She put in an IV of what I thought was just fluids but I was wrong. My heart started to race and I became anxious. I started shaking and had a massive anxiety attack wanting to rip my IV out. It didn't go away for 3 days!! DON'T HAVE THIS DRUG!!"

Ally93B November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Was given compazine for the first time in the ER. It was mixed in a cocktail for my headache. After 3 minutes I started feeling uneasy and I started to have a full in panic attack, I’ve never felt that in my life! I ripped my IV out of my arm and started kicking the walls and stomping , they thought I was insane! I told them it was the medicine , they didn’t do anything just released me and I felt like my skin was crawling for 3 days. Was the absolute worst experience of my whole life !"

Abbyhijabi November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I took this during my first trimester of pregnancy for nausea. It worked wonders for about two days. On the third day I started to feel strange at work and took a break. My forehead and throat felt like they were tightening. I decided to go home and about halfway there I felt my jaw forcing itself to the left while my top teeth forcing to the right. I couldn’t control my face or tongue whatsoever. I should have went to the emergency room but instead I decided to call it a day and try to fall asleep. I didn’t fall asleep until 2am or so when the flexes in my face finally subsided. Strangest experience of my life. My neck and jaw were so sore for days afterwards."

1aurafu September 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this via IV for an extreme migraine that brought me to the hospital, and let me tell you I would rather have suffered the migraine. This drug was HELL. The nurse told me it was part of a headache cocktail and may cause anxiety. Out of nowhere, once it was administered, I started absolutely freaking out: wanting to rip my IV out, wanting to run out of the hospital, couldn't hold still, itchy skin, twitchy movements, couldn't calm my thoughts of absolute death and doom. I'm a very calm person with no anxiety and this turned all that upside down. I called my boyfriend sobbing and whimpering. I was a mess. It lasted for hours once I finally got home too. Never take this drug!!"

cbb1722 September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I received this medication over the counter at my local chemist for severe nausea, dizziness and headache. It worked within 30 minutes to alleviate the nausea completely and the headache is subsiding. I also have severe anxiety - the side effect of drowsiness has occurred but has helped calm me down a lot so I can rest and the dizziness is no longer noticeable so I see that as a bonus."

Daisy222 September 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Psychosis: "After having had to take steroids for severe asthma all of my life I have been dealing with a very horrible side effects of psychosis on steroids. Unfortunately there are many people in the medical field he still do not know how to deal with that. I have learned to ask for Compazine and have been able to take small amounts to get back to a straight playing with my mental health and survive the hospitalization and the several weeks afterwards when I'm having to cut down the prednisones back to nothing. It has saved my life and has probably saved a few hospitalizations because a lot of people don't know how to deal with someone who says high doses of Cortizone make me psychotic. My long-term doctors know it but short term hospitalization Compazine saves me from all sorts of other issues that could come up that I've already dealt with in the last 64 years."

Sidly (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was given this for a really bad headache- migraine. This med is going on my allergy list and I'm NOT going to take it ever again! I consider it poison! I already have anxiety and I was given med thru IV in the ER along with Benadryl. I was told it could make me jittery but the Benadryl counteracts that. Bull! All of a sudden I couldn't think, I couldn't talk right, I was so restless but so tired & sleepy at the same time. I was so hot! They gave me a clipboard to fan myself. I wasn't comfortable sitting. I wasn't comfortable standing. I too wanted to rip my IV out and run away. It was one of the WORST experiences of my life! They gave me more Benadryl and that did help, but I didn't feel like myself that night and felt agitated, dizzy and headache the next day. I got better thank God!"

GT45 August 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "For several months suffered debilitating migraines daily. My tongue went numb on the right side arms going dead on a night. I suffer with chiari malformation and a brain cyst multiple issues. Ok received 5mg of this today only took 5mg and my brain pressure relieved within 1 hour. Its the first time in months I've felt at ease. Doctors won't accept I've issues with chiari and the brain cyst and are refusing a brain scan follow up. I have the feeling of my brain dropping 50 times an hour mainly on a night. I'm really hoping the brain drop feeling relieves tonight while sleeping. I'VE HAD A GOOD 6 HOURS FIRST TIME IN NEARLY 16 MONTHS! A blessing is this for me..."

Jdclaire (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Got this med for dizziness, it works after 2 days but gives bad anxiety and my throat is slightly closed which is making me waking up every 30 mins as I am running out of breath. This is a bad one to take."

Aa111 July 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "Given this medication for a headache 3 weeks ago still feeling side effects! Very restless, insomnia,irrational thoughts, I feel like I've lost touch in reality! It's horrible! I wish they would've told me before they put it in me through IV! If anyone please knows what to do to fall back in to reality please share"

Gabrielaa21 July 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Off label use: Abortive therapy for migraine Not for nausea, but for the headache it self. It works! Better than Esgic/Fioricet, better than two Excedrin Using compazine 10 mg tabs. It does stop the H/A from getting worse 1 tid no more than three days a week. Might be worth looking into. HypnoPhD"

Hyonophd July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This was given to me for a migraine. Horrible horrible HORRIBLE!!!! feel like you are going to die, increased heart rate, shallow breathing, the need to get up and run, agitated, crying, sweating, had a FULL BLOWN panic attack........THE WORST MEDICINE EVER!!!!"

EVNTCAT123 May 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Worst experience ever!!! I had almost everyone's HORRIBLE side effects . Do not use this. I was given through an infusion with 50 mg benadryl and toradol. Never again!!!!"

Rabonka06 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was in and out of the ER due to migraines and on the last day they gave me a prescription of Compazine. The next day when I took it I laid down to take a nap and woke up struggling to breath. My throat was closing and I could barely talk. I went into a full blown panic attack and called the ambulance. They gave me 3 different shots of something I can't remember and rushed me to the hospital. My jaw felt locked like I clinching my teeth hard together by the time I got to the hospital. I was shaking uncontrollably and crying hysterically. After I was discharged I came home and chugged some childrens benadryl and took some xanax and felt the side effect slowly go away. I have never in my felt so scared."

NelBenally (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "My wife was administered Compazine after receiving chemo to relieve nausea symptoms. Within 12 hours, she became restless, irritable, felt like her muscles were being ripped out of her body, it caused her to have a 103 fever and diarrhea, coupled with the chemo almost killed her. She ended up in the ICU unconscious and almost died. Our team of doctors told us the was a rare occurrence. From reading the other reviews, and witnessing this first-had. I would advise anyone, if offered this drug to decline. It was truly the biggest nightmare of my wife's life. On the scale of 1-10 above this survey asked to select how effective this medicine was. Therefor we would give it a 0=ZERO."

JMG18 March 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was put in this for labyrinthitis which was making me super anxious as I was so disorientated and nauseous. It helped with all those things, didn't realise how much til I forgot a pill and felt super anxious and awful. Staying on it til further notice!!!"

Thankgoodness (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this for my sickness over a month ago and after reading all these reviews I was so scared to have this medication! But one day I felt so sick and since I was taken off ondanestron (best anti sickness tablets ever) (but apparently they would do me more harm than good in the long run "

katie1994 March 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this in a hospital ER for a migraine. One of the single worst experiences of my life. I would not wish the side effects on my worst enemy. It cause me such extreme anxiety that I wanted to pull out my IV. I felt so out of control. After I left the hospital, I had such paranoia, that I didn't want to be left alone. Took a day or two to get back to normal. NO ONE SHOULD TAKE THIS DRUG!!!!"

Wewwwwww March 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given compazine through the IV for nausea and vomiting while admitted. It was an absolute nightmare that still makes me feel pure fear when I think about it. I thought I was going to die. At first, my legs just felt restless which I thought I was just having some anxiety, but then it really hit. I couldn't get my body to cool down, I started vomiting, then lost control of my bowels in front of the nurses. This lasted over six hours until they finally gave me something that knocked me out until it was over. I thought I was going to die. It scared both my partner who was there and myself to the point that I am now scared to take anymore medications fearing a similar reaction. They should really warn people about this drug."

dharrison52 (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Reading the effects some folks have had brings me right back to 1993. I was 2 months pregnant with my son, who is now 23. I was vomiting so badly and was given compazine as a suppository. It worked wonders for the first 2 days. My 3rd day was a trip to HELL! I was on the phone with my mom and my words started slurring. I then started having uncontrollable muscle spasms in my face. My upper and lower jaw started moving in opposite directions so severely that I had to hold my face in place screaming in pain! My husband had to rush me to the ER in the middle of a snow storm. It was a horrific experience and I can not believe that this drug still exists! I was told that compazine is used as a component in other drugs, BEWARE!"

Toni Ann S. February 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was talking to my sister about my bad reaction to a medication I took 15 years ago called Compazine. I took this prescribed medicine while at home. I remember my experience like it was yesterday. At first I felt a twitching in my jaws. All at once, my bottom jaw started going to the right, and my top jaw started going to the left. I could not stop it and I could not talk. In fact, my jaw felt like it was trying to break off my face. I remember the emotional and physical pain. Me and my husband were both crying, because we both didn't understand what was happening! My husband ended up taking me to another clinic, and they admitted me at once. So BEWARE! Just from talking - I found out this same medication hurt my sister just last year."

Mahbulla (taken for 10 years or more) February 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This is the only medication I have ever been given in my ENTIRE life that has made me literally want to rip out my IV and run out of the ER. I was given this in the ER to curb the side effects of my lumbar puncture. I have anxiety and RLS so in the beginning I thought I was just experiencing a minor panic attack. I felt so restless that I had to go to the bathroom just to do something with myself. When I got back to the bed I immediately told my gf that I wanted to leave. Was pushing the call light. And damn near left screaming. I flipped my shot on the doctor and he said this was a common side effect. I told him I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack and he gave me Benadryl and some kind of benzo. Absolutely horrid."

Anonnnnnnnnnnn January 31, 2017