User Reviews for Prochlorperazine to treat Psychosis

Also known as: Compro

Prochlorperazine has an average rating of 3.0 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Psychosis. 20% of those users who reviewed Prochlorperazine reported a positive effect, while 80% reported a negative effect.

Prochlorperazine Rating Summary

3.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Psychosis.

Ridz · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2021

“Restless, can't sleep, feeling not being my self. Focus disturbance. Feeling really”

Anonymous October 18, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine): “Was seen in the ER for a terrible migraine, I have been seen in this ER a few times for really bad migraines and I've always been given Toradol/ phenergin which had always worked. Well this time my doctor says screw what works and gave me some "migraine cocktail" with compazine and benadryl...about 2 minutes later I was absolutely losing my mind! I felt like my skin was crawling off my body! I couldn't sit still I just wanted to be out of my skin! I had ripped my blood pressure cuff and oxygen off and was punching the wall and jumping up and down! I've never acted like this before and have never ever ever had anything like this happen! I seriously would have run out into traffic if it meant that I would not feel like this anymore! Finally a nurse comes in and gives me ativan whch alleviates my psychosis”

Kateo · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 7, 2020

Compazine (prochlorperazine): “Received IV for headache... within seconds heart rate spiked and raced. Panic attack and out of body experience!! Awful!!”

OahLort · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2018

Compazine (prochlorperazine): “The first time I was given IV compazine I pulled my IV out and fled the hospital! The second time I actually called my nurse and told him how I felt and he said has seen it before with compazine and the doctor gave me IV benedryl which almost took the scared antsy panic feeling awake but made me a complete zombie. I will never again be a doctors guinea pig!”

Sidly · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2017

Compazine (prochlorperazine): “After having had to take steroids for severe asthma all of my life I have been dealing with a very horrible side effects of psychosis on steroids. Unfortunately there are many people in the medical field he still do not know how to deal with that. I have learned to ask for Compazine and have been able to take small amounts to get back to a straight playing with my mental health and survive the hospitalization and the several weeks afterwards when I'm having to cut down the prednisones back to nothing. It has saved my life and has probably saved a few hospitalizations because a lot of people don't know how to deal with someone who says high doses of Cortizone make me psychotic. My long-term doctors know it but short term hospitalization Compazine saves me from all sorts of other issues that could come up that I've already dealt with in the last 64 years.”