User Reviews for Fluphenazine to treat Psychosis

Fluphenazine has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Psychosis. 53% of those users who reviewed Fluphenazine reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Fluphenazine Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Psychosis.

20% 3
20% 3
13% 2
13% 2
7% 1
27% 4

Reviews for Fluphenazine

Dan · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 15, 2021

“I have taken this medication since December of 2016 for schizoaffective Bipolar type. It has helped immensely with psychosis such as hearing voices. I did not get much weight gain with this med compared to other ones such as Risperdal. I mainly get restlessness but its the price I have to pay to remain stable and currently take propranolol for the side effect of restlessness.”

Mike C · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2021

“unhelpful, useless medication”

Emo Steve · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2020

“Prolixin is better than Zyprexa because it supposedly doesn't make you gain weight. My nurse and doctor both said it doesn't make you gain weight, so I started taking 2.5mg of Prolixin after quitting Zyprexa. Zyprexa made me gain 40 pounds! After quitting Prolixin and not taking any meds at all I noticed that I gained a lot of weight, but I don't remember having any problems with weight gain during the 2 months that I was on Prolixin (but then again I was barely eating. I was only taking a few bites per meal). Prolixin might cause weight gain and it might not, but it's better than Zyprexa and it didn't make me drowsy.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 16, 2020

“I have been on generic prolixin for Skitzoaffective for about 3 years and everything went great. I've only put on about 10 pounds within the last three years but have not seemed to lose any weight on this pill. My delusions were fine for those three years up until now my pill has now seemed to now just stopped working my delusions and depression has come back, so it's time to change to a new medication.”

Sunguppy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 26, 2020

“fluphenazine is an excellent drug, no side effects or negatives to taking it. I take this drug with Latuda and a few other meds, and it helps me with reduction of psychosis, hallucinations, and delusions.”

fred September 23, 2019

“I have been using half cc of fluphenazine for years. Ever since 24 years old I am 62 now. For schizophrenia works great. No signs of illness. Just had to change from 4 weeks to 3 weeks dose for irritability works for me.”

Deb · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 23, 2019

Prolixin Decanoate (fluphenazine): “Horrible side effect of severe anxiety and involuntary body movements”

none · Taken for 10 years or more June 25, 2019

“When thiothixine was discontinued my Doctor prescribed Fluphenazine it is for Psychosis It is working as well as my previous medication. No side effects at all. Both of these medicines have changed my life for the better. Absolutely no side effects and absolutely no symptoms. I have lived a long healthy productive life with the help of these medicines and absolutely no side effects.”

Day by Day · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2017

“My 19 year old son had severe hallucinations, delusions and paranoia. He has tried Trilufon, latuda, haldol, riperidone and nothing worked. His psychiatrist put him on Fluphenazine Decanoate Injection 50 mg and all the above issues have finally gone away. This medication does give him a little more anxiety but as time went by it got better. The day of injection is a little harder but stick with it and give it a chance to work. This medication was the life safer for my son”

PeacefulJustice · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2017

Prolixin (fluphenazine): “I was given Prolixin one day & a couple of days later I had a very bad grand mal seizure that wouldn't stop and ended up in intensive care. No apologies from anyone just a $35,000 hospital bill. No admission that this pill caused it. Due to all the abnormalities that can show up on an EEG I was diagnosed with epilepsy and brain damage. I've seen a neurologist since then and I have neither. This pill is dangerous.”

Tee30 April 23, 2016

“I feel more agitated I am taking 1 mg of this medication. I stopped taking it this is the second day.”

rman81 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2015

“Works very well side effects are rough. First side effect I had was retention then shaking then I could not sit still but after a little time on medications for side effects the systems got a lot better. Do not like that I have to get it every two weeks but for me it works really good for me.”

daflea · Taken for 10 years or more December 20, 2014

Prolixin (fluphenazine): “I've taking Prolixin since the 70's. It has saved my life. I'm scared of the possible side effects, but the trick is for all of the movements episodes I take 2 mg of Artane each time I take the Prolixin it takes all the side effects away. ....try it!”

rambo79 January 22, 2012

Prolixin (fluphenazine): “I needed to get on the lowest dose acceptable because it made me very tired but it controlls the symptoms very well no more paranoia, hallucinations, delusions etc. The best one I've tried so far.”

Anonymous May 10, 2009

Prolixin (fluphenazine): “Seems to work on quietening the racing thoughts. Just a bit scary to think of the possible side-effect. Still better than the Metabolic Syndrome that is a by product of the newer medicines.”