User Reviews for Chlorpromazine

Tetanus 1 reviews 15 medications
Summary of Chlorpromazine reviews 7.1 50 reviews

Reviews for Chlorpromazine

Rach February 6, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “Came off Mirtazapine 15mg cold turkey which not a great move . My NS was a mess, propranolol gave me hallucinations as a side effect as my system was just so hypersensitive. Diazapam just didn't work to settle me down. Ended up in the A and E twice. First time chest pains , heart fine , blood work fine. Tried to reinstate Mirtazapine (after 11 weeks off) didn't work, felt worse. Back to A and E after 5 days back on the Mirtazpine as I had become suicidal. Then prescribed Chlorpromazine 25mg , 3 times a day. It's saved my life. Starting feeling better after 2 days and settled my system right down. Been on it for 12 days and apart from a bit of grogginess I feel amazing. I truely thought I was never going to get better but I'm improving everyday. Was so afraid to try anything because of messing myself up going cold turkey but it's taken away all fear and paranoia. Please don't ever play around with your meds. I don't want anyone to go through what I experienced for last 3 months. Chlorpromazine has literally saved my life .God Bless.”

Keira December 4, 2019

For Light Sedation: “I have insomnia when I first took then it helped but after a while it just didn’t help anymore even if the dosage was upped”

TyAnon · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 11, 2019

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Psychosis: “Thorazine made me develop edema. Side effects were to much for me and I could not tolerate them.”

Don · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 13, 2019

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Light Sedation: “Thorazine does more harm then good. I was prescribed it to help me sleep and t help my mood but it can cause stuffy nose and other symptoms which I didn't like it so I stopped taking it and I feel better without it. Heard it's an old out dated prescription drug anyway.”

Craig San Diego · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 6, 2019

For Hiccups: “This is my review for chlorpromazine for hiccups - it works. I have GERD (Gastroespohageal reflux disease) and esophageal constriction. I got to the point where carbonated drinks and alcohol, in particular, were causing gastric distress, including vomiting and hiccups. Those were the seeming precursors, which I have since given up. My hiccups bouts are for so long that I can't keep track, in every case, over a week. I go to bed hiccuping and pray that I can go to sleep, and to not again, see the dawn instead. I have had multiple days where this has happened. At its worst, I can't eat or drink anything, as I will vomit it right back out. When it mellows, such as now, I get the hiccups for hours or days at a time. I used 25mg of Thorazine, 3x a day for 5 days last time, that worked. This time, no. Recommended dose is 25-50mg. I am also a big guy, 240 lbs., trying to get my Dr. to up the dosage to 50.”

Dummy · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2018

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: “Not only did Thorazine not get rid of hiccups it turned my husband into a zombie! He pulled out his Nguyen tube and catheter. It’s a mind altering drug they give to mentally ill patients and prisoners to subdue them. Just not worth the additional risk.”

Jwi · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2018

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: “Went to ER with hiccups for 4 days... Was prescribed 10mg thorazine ... It did not do anything for me.”

Rick · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 19, 2018

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Mania: “Thorazine is the only medication that works for my mania (so far... and I've tried a lot of things!) The two side effects that are bothersome include some stiffness and hangover effect after sleeping. But... really, it works for me when other medicines have not.”

Jackbenimble · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2018

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Light Sedation: “Am on 400mgs of thorazine for insomnia, stuff does nothing at all, and in fact I feel more awake after taking it. Sure wish it knocked me out like it does to pretty much everyone else.”

LucyR · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2018

For Light Sedation: “This was prescribed for my anxiety and it slightly lessens it but hugely increases depression and tiredness (I also have hypersomnia so tired at the best of times). It makes me feel so flat that I can't really move or think clearly, exhausted but can't sleep and everything tastes like cardboard and I'm still fairly anxious anyway. I won't be taking this again.”

Herman Rundle,M.D. November 29, 2017

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Tetanus: “Plan to use as a retrobulbar injection. A Retrobulbar block is type of local anesthetic nerve block used in intraocular surgery)”

Txktony · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2017

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: “I occasionally get severe hiccups that only last 24 to 36 hours but when I get them I gasp for air I have 30 and 40 hiccups at the same time and Rapid concession and I'm fighting to breathe and then I'll throw up, mostly stomach bile. I'm in the hospital recovering from a surgery on my leg and I got the hiccups earlier this afternoon and I took a muscle relaxer and it didn't do anything the doctor prescribed me some Thorazine which I have never had and within 10 minutes of the injection in my arm my hiccups are completely gone I am a True Believer”

Nnnhfxvcfggcc August 28, 2017

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: “I had the worst experience with it. It increased my heart rate to 226 beats a minute. I literally thought I was dying.”

bm17 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 20, 2017

For Psychosis: “I have struggled with Bipolar Depression with Psychotic features for years. I have tried around 30 medications and with no results. My doctor decided to try Chlorpromazine to help. The honest truth is its a life saver. Not only do I sleep 8 hours of restful deep sleep, I wake up every morning happy and ready to take on the day. It has helped my depression tremendously, and has helped eliminate my psychotic features. The only side effects I have is drowsiness and dizziness, but nothing I can't handle. I take 200 mg at bedtime, and will soon ask to raise it to 300 mg. My advice is if you want to be happy, healthy, and sleep great, Chlorpromazine is a miracle drug and I could not be more satisfied.”

Jbiznizal4874 · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2017

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: “I had Chronic Hiccups for 4 days I went to the emergency room, they gave me a choice of Valium or Thorazine. I went with the Valium, the Valium did nothing. I then continued to Hiccups two more days. I then went back to the ER and took the Thorazine. Hiccups gone in 15 minutes. This is the drug to get rid of hiccups for sure!!!!”

C. Lupei May 2, 2017

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Porphyria: “I have strugged a lot from psychosis worsened by Acute Intermittent Porphyria (AIP)/Variegate Porphyria(VP). Originally, it was thought that I was a High-Functioning Schizophrenic, with various other labels. Thorazine, when it was first used on me, was to calm me down when I was on the brink of a Blackout Rage, effectively knocking me out, and for a while after I woke up, the hallucinations were surprisingly minimized. Once released from that facility, I was on a treatment haitus. Later, I was prescribed Thorazine again. It didn't make it all go away. But it helped take the edge off and help me maintain control.”

Eye# April 12, 2017

For Opiate Withdrawal: “16 years ago I was in the hospital doing a medical detox for heroin and cocaine. I was the worst patient on our hall and have barely any memory of the six days that I was there because I was given Thorazine to help me cope with the severity of my withdrawals. I then went to a treatment facility directly after and was given two more injections of Thorazine when I got there because my withdrawals were still very bad. Within a few days I realized that my vision was double. I looked in the mirror and realized my left eye was crossed. I had decomposition esophoria. My left eye was crossed for six months. I was lucky! It could've been permanent and they would've had to operate.”

oneand0 · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2017

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: “I just had my third bout of persistent hiccups in my life. The first two times I passed on using this drug nearly 9 and 12 years ago. They eventually went away on their own, but this time it was 6 days straight with a hiccup on every inhale and one for exhale, followed by some clusters put together. I took my first dose at bedtime and hiccuped to sleep, and the following morning my hiccups were almost gone. Three more doses that day and all I had were small hiccups once every two hours. Day three all gone. No side effects, thank God! I will take it again if I am ever in the same spot.”

Fencer · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2017

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: “I was given a large dose of dexamethasone to reduce swelling after total shoulder replacement, and began to hiccup. After 48 hours I was exhausted and sore from hiccups, my doctor gave me a dose of thorazine. It knocked me out and the hiccups stopped and did not return.”

Kmj2502 · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2017

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: “My eleven year old daughter gets sever hiccups as a side effect from chemotherapy. Although the last thing she needs is another drug in her body we turned to this after traditional tricks stopped working.”

Cyberwolf2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2017

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Schizophrenia: “Thorazine like Stelazine are used in the treatment of schizophrenic and other psychotic disorders. The beneficial effects are better than any side effects. They have been in use for over thirty years .”

Clifford 1 November 17, 2016

For Hiccups: “Had hiccups for 4 days.b4 i took this drug I was hiccuping every 4 seconds.thats how bad they got.my doctor was closed so had to go a&e.took 1 .25 mil and 10 mins later no hiccups took the hole lot 25 mil 3 a day for 5 days.they work. Don't drink beer I got very tired and dizzy when I did have a few pints.”

Manfred H September 14, 2016

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: “Tried every common remedy known to man after surgery but nothing worked. Thorazine did the trick in 15 minutes!”

starwars4u July 26, 2016

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Light Sedation: “I have been on thorazine since 1996. I take 1000mg a day. The doctor keep increasing it too. it is the only thing he will give me to sleep. I was on klonopin 1mg before i started the thorazine and it worked great, but my doctor said he doesnt want me to take it anymore because it is a narcotic, so he took it away and doubled my thorazine. He also put me on serequel 200mg twice a day. The only thing is i cant do much but lay around all day. I dont like the serequel but he said its better than klonopin for me and the thorazine dose is getting too high.”

jerrystr · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2016

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: “I was prescribed this after an operation where the anesthesia induced severe hiccupping for about 6 hours. Took one tablet and 20 minutes later no hiccups. When I went to the Philippines I got hiccups again and went to a drug store (no prescription needed), got the lowest dosage (5 mg I think) and my hiccups were gone in 15 minutes.”