User Reviews for Trifluoperazine

Schizophrenia   8.1
Anxiety   8.0

Reviews for Trifluoperazine

Andy · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 11, 2020

For Anxiety: “After a drug induced phychosis at 19 years of age this medicine trifluoperazine worked very quickly for me .Eventually I was on a dose of 1mg a day . Worked well better then the newer second generation drugs .”

Pickles · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 1, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “Once you get to trifluoperazine 10mg, you begin to experience inner restlessness. My legs are restless. My muscles in my back and neck feel rigid and stiff and so far cogentin isn't helping @ 2mg.”

Vicky · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2019

For Anxiety: “I'm bipolar 1 since I was 12 years old. Every evening I used to cry for 15 minutes. When I took trifluperazine my crying spells disappeared. Simply wonderful drug”

Stamp · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 27, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “Akastasia at a higher dosage.”

Alireza · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2019

For Anxiety: “I'm on sertraline 100mg since 4 month ago. My sex drive was dead! And no change in anxiety just better in OCD. It has been one day that I started this pill 2mg every day and after 1 day, boom you can't imagine how good it was for my anxiety and even no more erection and orgasm problems =) Thank you.”

Jadey66 November 25, 2017

For Schizophrenia: “Works great and better than the new antipsychotics. Helps my anxiety a lot. Very strong medicine. Only thing I hate about it is when I went back on it I gained 15 pounds in a week. :*(”

Ganya Adling · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 12, 2017

For Schizophrenia: “I am on trifluoperazine on and off for about 7 yrs . It does have a positive effect but side effects are making me miserable. I can't functioning properly.I got movement disorders , restless legs from this. I've been through this chemical torture for about 7 yrs. I also tried olanazapine , all typicals ,benzos and beta blockers .It is very strong drug and impossible to come off from this but I made it and my new psychiatrist prescribed me amisulpride . That's was life changing and amisulpride completely cured me now I am drug free. Thanks ”

The Husband from Australia November 15, 2016

Stelazine (trifluoperazine) for Schizophrenia: “My wife used this, initially higher dose and then 1 mg for life, works wonderful till she stop using it and she relapsed. Now she is on another medication, very popular but not for everyone. Will ask Dr. to consider putting her back to stelazine. Yes I do not know why stelazine is not popular now, with a low dose the side effect is almost negligible and the person can resume almost normal life as compared to the side effect of the newer and popular drug.”

Carl 5000 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 8, 2016

For Schizophrenia: “I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder and at first was given haldol. Haldol stopped the hallucinations but also made me gain weight. About 5lbs a month. I switched to Stelazine, called Trifluoperazine in its generic form, and everything has been good. I take 2mg daily and 1mg cogentin to counteract side effects. I also take 50mg Seroquel for sleep. Now different medicines may work different for different people. But I had to share my experience and I hope this information can help you.”

EDGLUM · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 24, 2016

Stelazine (trifluoperazine) for Anxiety: “I was on this medecine for at least 10 years- from age 21 after a psychotic type illness in mental hospital with depression and anxiety but no active symptoms of schizophrenia. the dose of around 5- 10 mgs nightly it had very adverse effects on me, such as memory loss--- of events, conversations , visual memories of places recently visited, extreme fatigue after sexual activity/erectile disfunction and great difficulty in concentration for reading, following tv programmes etc Was switched to Modecate depot injections from 1980- 1998 with similar severe adverse side-effects---.with atypical new medecines added on 2nd admission;namely Amisulpride-- dropped 25 mgs of Modecate injections on own volition, totally cured now on 50 mgs amisulpride”

Jonny1973 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 8, 2015

For Schizophrenia: “I take 10mg a day with no side effects. It keeps my mood stable for the most part but I have had some mania bleed through. On it because it is weight neutral.”

NJ-Bob · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2014

For Anxiety: “I took this about 45 years ago in my 20's, for several years for anxiety, when it was called Stelazine. Now it is only available as the generic trifluoperazine. I've had a prostate and bladder condition for s few years now and often suffer nocturia, needing to go every 20 minutes once I go to bed at night. This often can last the entire night until 8AM-9AM. In desparation I tried this drug again and found that 1mg quiets my bladder within an hour and lets me sleep. Even if I do get up every hour or two, I can get back to sleep. Other overactive bladder meds have unacceptable side effects on me of dry mouth, and greatly lowered BP. This has no side effects, calms me down, reduces the frequency about 75% and lets me sleep.”

Thecircusrules · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2014

Stelazine (trifluoperazine) for Anxiety: “Taken alongside Lithium, Quetiapine for bipolar one. This medication is old but very effective against anxiety associated with bipolar disorder. No side effects apart from feeling a little drowsy at times.”

Concern Parent November 9, 2011

Stelazine (trifluoperazine) for Schizophrenia: “Out of all the medications my son uses, this is very helpful. To my surprise this medication is discontinued in the USA and overseas. This is a very old medication and works wonderful to help my son carry out a normal life for himself. Please let us all vote and have this medication back in the pharmacy. Thank you. ”

Anonymous August 6, 2011

Stelazine (trifluoperazine) for Anxiety: “I take 1mg/daily. So far it is very effective, I tend to be able to be more relaxed and can sleep with clear and peaceful thoughts where I used to be laying in bed 20 minutes thinking too much. But seems not to do much for my social anxiety. Overall, pretty effective.”

Anonymous January 11, 2009

Stelazine (trifluoperazine) for Schizophrenia: “This medication saved my life. I had allergic reactions to some medications and was afraid that I would never find something to help me.”