User Reviews for Chlorpromazine to treat Light Sedation

Chlorpromazine has an average rating of 5.0 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Light Sedation. 44% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Chlorpromazine Rating Summary

5.0/10 average rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Light Sedation.

DeanBNE · Taken for 10 years or more January 17, 2021

“Helps quite a lot with agitation that accompanies severe anxiety”

Keira December 4, 2019

“I have insomnia when I first took then it helped but after a while it just didn’t help anymore even if the dosage was upped”

Don · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 13, 2019

Thorazine (chlorpromazine): “Thorazine does more harm then good. I was prescribed it to help me sleep and t help my mood but it can cause stuffy nose and other symptoms which I didn't like it so I stopped taking it and I feel better without it. Heard it's an old out dated prescription drug anyway.”

starwars4u July 26, 2016

Thorazine (chlorpromazine): “I have been on thorazine since 1996. I take 1000mg a day. The doctor keep increasing it too. it is the only thing he will give me to sleep. I was on klonopin 1mg before i started the thorazine and it worked great, but my doctor said he doesnt want me to take it anymore because it is a narcotic, so he took it away and doubled my thorazine. He also put me on serequel 200mg twice a day. The only thing is i cant do much but lay around all day. I dont like the serequel but he said its better than klonopin for me and the thorazine dose is getting too high.”

jen3577 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2013

Thorazine (chlorpromazine): “My Dr. prescribed me Thorazine for insomnia because she doesn't like Ambien, Xanax, etc. Felt like a zombie in the morning, plus I developed a tolerance from 50 mg to 100 mg in 2 weeks. Felt dead inside. After 100 mg and another 2 weeks had trouble sleeping again and doctor told me to double the dose. I didn't do it.”

Anonymous July 13, 2009

Thorazine (chlorpromazine): “The intramuscular is far better than oral, I found. The only drawback is that you will have a very sore bottom afterwards. Thorazine IM does hurt, but it's well worth it in the long run if your stomach gets upset very easily. The onset is much quicker, yet the effect is more mellow than the same dose given orally. Again, Thorazine IM does hurt so keep that in mind if it ever suggested.”

LucyR · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2018

“This was prescribed for my anxiety and it slightly lessens it but hugely increases depression and tiredness (I also have hypersomnia so tired at the best of times). It makes me feel so flat that I can't really move or think clearly, exhausted but can't sleep and everything tastes like cardboard and I'm still fairly anxious anyway. I won't be taking this again.”

nick 88 August 11, 2008

Thorazine (chlorpromazine): “This will knock you out.”

Jackbenimble · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2018

Thorazine (chlorpromazine): “Am on 400mgs of thorazine for insomnia, stuff does nothing at all, and in fact I feel more awake after taking it. Sure wish it knocked me out like it does to pretty much everyone else.”

Learn more about Light Sedation