User Reviews for Chlorpromazine to treat Psychosis

Chlorpromazine has an average rating of 5.6 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Psychosis. 40% of those users who reviewed Chlorpromazine reported a positive effect, while 40% reported a negative effect.

Chlorpromazine Rating Summary

5.6/10 average rating

Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Psychosis.

TyAnon · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 11, 2019

Thorazine (chlorpromazine): “Thorazine made me develop edema. Side effects were to much for me and I could not tolerate them.”

bm17 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 20, 2017

“I have struggled with Bipolar Depression with Psychotic features for years. I have tried around 30 medications and with no results. My doctor decided to try Chlorpromazine to help. The honest truth is its a life saver. Not only do I sleep 8 hours of restful deep sleep, I wake up every morning happy and ready to take on the day. It has helped my depression tremendously, and has helped eliminate my psychotic features. The only side effects I have is drowsiness and dizziness, but nothing I can't handle. I take 200 mg at bedtime, and will soon ask to raise it to 300 mg. My advice is if you want to be happy, healthy, and sleep great, Chlorpromazine is a miracle drug and I could not be more satisfied.”

Whatbloodyname · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 26, 2014

“I had a psychotic episode last year. Its gone now, but I was given this medication to help ease the symptoms. It would say it's good for calming you down and I slept well on it. It did help up until a point, then the voices and hallucinations came back. Got switched to Sulpiride and that seemed to be more helpful. On a high dose it dose make you twitch a lot and I struggled to pass urine (a listed side effect). Good for sleep and relaxation, but over all wasn't very effective.”

Sesquivel22 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2014

Thorazine (chlorpromazine): “My daughter is 15 and had increase confusion, zombie effect, was Not a good medication for her”

sammy8987 February 26, 2011