User Reviews for Chlorpromazine to treat Schizophrenia

Chlorpromazine has an average rating of 9.0 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Schizophrenia. 100% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Chlorpromazine Rating Summary

9.0/10 average rating

Compare all 78 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Bobby April 8, 2021

“I was taking largactil 200mg per night then I threw them in the bin I got bad withdrawal feeling nausea and chills not a good move tapering off them now”

Yearsofuse · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 15, 2020

“Have been off and on for years. Consistently taken now for 2 years. I take at 100mg prn daily. Have been up to 300mg daily. Has pleasant subjective response effect. Sort of hazy feeling. Use largactil brand. 100mg tablets give me reflux so I stick to 25's maybe 10's soon. Would recommend for relief of wound up feeling one can get with a schizo diagnosis.”

Rach February 6, 2020

“Came off Mirtazapine 15mg cold turkey which not a great move . My NS was a mess, propranolol gave me hallucinations as a side effect as my system was just so hypersensitive. Diazapam just didn't work to settle me down. Ended up in the A and E twice. First time chest pains , heart fine , blood work fine. Tried to reinstate Mirtazapine (after 11 weeks off) didn't work, felt worse. Back to A and E after 5 days back on the Mirtazpine as I had become suicidal. Then prescribed Chlorpromazine 25mg , 3 times a day. It's saved my life. Starting feeling better after 2 days and settled my system right down. Been on it for 12 days and apart from a bit of grogginess I feel amazing. I truely thought I was never going to get better but I'm improving everyday. Was so afraid to try anything because of messing myself up going cold turkey but it's taken away all fear and paranoia. Please don't ever play around with your meds. I don't want anyone to go through what I experienced for last 3 months. Chlorpromazine has literally saved my life .God Bless.”

Otto the android · Taken for 10 years or more July 5, 2014

Thorazine (chlorpromazine): “This is the only medicine which has worked for my schizophrenia. It's a nightmare to take to begin with, need to gradually increase the dose, but has kept me reasonably well and coping for years. Only side effects for me are dry mouth and solar sensitivity, I don't like the sun anyway so no matter. But the dry mouth does limit the dose. It helps me sleep too.”

Cyberwolf2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2017

Thorazine (chlorpromazine): “Thorazine like Stelazine are used in the treatment of schizophrenic and other psychotic disorders. The beneficial effects are better than any side effects. They have been in use for over thirty years .”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2014

“Chloropromazine stops the voices because it knocks you the hell out. I take this medication at night, one 50 mg is enough to knock me out at 5 foot 11 inches and 200 lbs, if you have decent general health a lower dose will be potent. I haven't needed anything more than the nightly dose, I am also on Lithium which is wonderful, the combination works great together for me. I have not had any serious negative side effects, I am working out more and losing weight, I was unable to do this on risperidol, Aeroquel, Abilify, or anything else I have been put on. The only thing stopping me from giving this a 10 star review is that most doctors prescribe Chlorpromazine for daily use. I would not be able to function on this during the day.”

Jakamose February 4, 2016

Thorazine (chlorpromazine): “As a child it helped me at high dose for 6 1/2 years.. Now my son is taking at a high dose it's a night and day difference but also he's having now side effects that limit his function to the point his blood pressure is very unstable and he is having muscle rigidity, tremors, vagal syncope an ER doctor said autonomic instability ... We are lowering now as to be able too add another with less side effects with his arrhythmia which even with me being Autistic Schizophrenic like him challenging to control and watch as he's in full psychosis at this point... But I will say Thorazine is golden compared to the rest and we've tried the rest he likes the calm and it actually stops the parasomnia... But it's just now the serious side effects of this...”

AudreyKuykendall · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2012

“Though relieving, side effects are a bit much. It may just be the sudden change from my previous medication, but this medicine has added to my anxiety and occasional panic attacks to a point where my doctor has had to prescribe me another anti-depressant.”

JasmineB September 26, 2011

Thorazine (chlorpromazine): “This medication helps with my symptoms and controls some of the voices and the sightings that I experienced throughout my use of this medication.”

TandyBandy · Taken for 10 years or more September 23, 2015

“Largactil, you are a life-saver.”

Learn more about Schizophrenia